Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,718 members, 7,820,501 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 04:01 PM

Lassa Fever Spreads To 33 States, 1,447 Cases Recorded - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Lassa Fever Spreads To 33 States, 1,447 Cases Recorded (15127 Views)

Ondo Distributes 10,000 Rat Poison As Lassa Fever Spreads / 91 New Coronavirus Cases Recorded. Total 873. 197 Discharged. 28 Deaths / Yellow Fever Spreads To 7 States, 41 Cases Recorded (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Lassa Fever Spreads To 33 States, 1,447 Cases Recorded by Ikeboboafri: 3:54am On Mar 10, 2019
The Lassa fever virus has reportedly spread to 33 states, as the National Centre for Disease Control disclosed that a total of 1,447 suspected cases of Lassa fever have been recorded. It was further disclosed that since the outbreak, there had been 93 deaths, with case fatality ratio in the confirmed cases put at 22.1 per cent.

The latest report also revealed that 20 states, together with the FCT, had recorded at least one confirmed case across 66 local government areas.Affected states include Edo, Ondo, Bauchi, Nasarawa, Ebonyi, Plateau, Taraba, Adamawa, Gombe, Kaduna, Kwara, Benue, Rivers, Kogi, Enugu, Imo, Delta, Oyo, Kebbi and Cross River states with the FCT. Speaking with SUNDAY PUNCH, the  Incident Manager, National Emergency Operation Centre, Ms Chioma Dan-Nwafor said the Federal Government in its effort to curb the disease had established treatment centres in the states where the disease was prevalent across the country. She further disclosed that many of the affected cases were on 21-day surveillance.

https://unclesuru.com/2019/03/10/lassa-fever-spreads-to-33-states-1447-cases-recorded/

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Lassa Fever Spreads To 33 States, 1,447 Cases Recorded by ivandragon: 4:51am On Mar 10, 2019
the incompetence of this administration continues to exceed all known parameters of rationality.

the worst cases of the Lassa fever outbreak has occured under the incompetence of PMB.

just last year, Nigeria had the worst outbreak in the history of the disease, PMB through his incompetence, has allowed this year's outbreak to exceed that of last year.

Nigerians do not yet understand the curse that is PMB & the woe that his 2nd term will bring.

while some continue to be decieved with crumbs & sell their souls for peanuts, the devastation being wroght on the nation's critical facilities will soon show that the crumbs are insufficient to cater to the disaster that is PMB...

30 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Lassa Fever Spreads To 33 States, 1,447 Cases Recorded by uboma(m): 6:55am On Mar 10, 2019
ivandragon:
the incompetence of this administration continues to exceed all known parameters of rationality.

the worst cases of the Lassa fever outbreak has occured under the incompetence of PMB.

just last year, Nigeria had the worst outbreak in the history of the disease, PMB through his incompetence, has allowed this year's outbreak to exceed that of last year.

Nigerians do not yet understand the curse that is PMB & the woe that his 2nd term will bring.

while some continue to be decieved with crumbs & sell their souls for peanuts, the devastation being wroght on the nation's critical facilities will soon show that the crumbs are insufficient to cater to the disaster that is PMB...

I bet you PMB is not aware of this outbreak of Lassa Fever.

When he gets hint of it, it will be a national epidemic. And all he will do is to blame PDP as usual.

41 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Lassa Fever Spreads To 33 States, 1,447 Cases Recorded by ivandragon: 10:16am On Mar 10, 2019
uboma:

I bet you PMB is not aware of this outbreak of Lassa Fever.

When he gets hint of it, it will be a national epidemic. And all he will do is to blame PDP as usual.

hmm...

Nigeria is about to experience a sh!t storm of incompetence with pmb's re-election.

10 Likes

Re: Lassa Fever Spreads To 33 States, 1,447 Cases Recorded by Dozie32(m): 11:55am On Mar 10, 2019
Even here kaduna wey I de people de chop rat like say tomorrow no de ooo

Re: Lassa Fever Spreads To 33 States, 1,447 Cases Recorded by bayelsaowei(m): 11:56am On Mar 10, 2019
This is crazy.. 33 states?? Whats our ministry of health been doing??..elections right?? Rubbish

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lassa Fever Spreads To 33 States, 1,447 Cases Recorded by princegeo(m): 11:56am On Mar 10, 2019
Nigeria is gone under buhari
The worst democracy rule ever recorded since these recent dispensation

4 Likes

Re: Lassa Fever Spreads To 33 States, 1,447 Cases Recorded by don4real18(m): 11:57am On Mar 10, 2019
Hmm... The government should act quickly
Re: Lassa Fever Spreads To 33 States, 1,447 Cases Recorded by justuschi50: 11:58am On Mar 10, 2019
and yet no better health care system, what is nigeria turning into ever since i was little the promise good road, electricity, health care system, employment, social amenities,infrastructure now i am young adult i have not seen this with my eye haba come me go dey fine way discharge from this shithole

5 Likes

Re: Lassa Fever Spreads To 33 States, 1,447 Cases Recorded by nelronaldo(m): 11:58am On Mar 10, 2019
Ohboy, I hope e never reach Lagos?. Rat just dey follow me chop my food stuffs. Fear nor go let me chop again.
Re: Lassa Fever Spreads To 33 States, 1,447 Cases Recorded by codeworks(m): 11:59am On Mar 10, 2019
When can we make right in this country?
Re: Lassa Fever Spreads To 33 States, 1,447 Cases Recorded by ClearFlair: 12:01pm On Mar 10, 2019
The work of Atiku and Obi supporters.
Re: Lassa Fever Spreads To 33 States, 1,447 Cases Recorded by obaataaokpaewu: 12:01pm On Mar 10, 2019
While we are busy with elections, Lassa is taking us unaware. Now it has won more states than Buhari shocked

6 Likes

Re: Lassa Fever Spreads To 33 States, 1,447 Cases Recorded by nurex01(m): 12:02pm On Mar 10, 2019
Hmm hmm. This virus again . Hey!
Re: Lassa Fever Spreads To 33 States, 1,447 Cases Recorded by ClearFlair: 12:02pm On Mar 10, 2019
obaataaokpaewu:
While we are busy with elections, Lassa is taking us unaware. Now it has won more states than Buhari shocked

The defeat has made them mad. I am so happy.
Re: Lassa Fever Spreads To 33 States, 1,447 Cases Recorded by chakula: 12:03pm On Mar 10, 2019
The Rats that are consumed in some part of Country as bush meat.
Re: Lassa Fever Spreads To 33 States, 1,447 Cases Recorded by Nobody: 12:03pm On Mar 10, 2019
My God, and they are just telling us now!?!!!
After it has spread to 33 states already..
What did we do to deserve all this.?

2 Likes

Re: Lassa Fever Spreads To 33 States, 1,447 Cases Recorded by misano(m): 12:09pm On Mar 10, 2019
don4real18:

Wake up! This government will do nothing. Best they will do is find away to blame PDP.

1 Like

Re: Lassa Fever Spreads To 33 States, 1,447 Cases Recorded by Temptee101(m): 12:16pm On Mar 10, 2019
[quote author=don4real18 post=76520606]Hmm... The government should act quickly[/quote
Which govt? Buhari's govt?

You must be kidding me, if you can't jet out of this shithole just tighten your seat belt and pray because we have no govt and country
Re: Lassa Fever Spreads To 33 States, 1,447 Cases Recorded by emere007(m): 12:20pm On Mar 10, 2019
ivandragon:

tell them my brother, thay are busy celebrating incompetence, nepotism and terror, well after 4 years, dem go clear
Re: Lassa Fever Spreads To 33 States, 1,447 Cases Recorded by Timekeeper: 12:25pm On Mar 10, 2019
Ikeboboafri:
The Lassa fever virus has reportedly spread to 33 states, as the National Centre for Disease Control disclosed that a total of 1,447 suspected cases of Lassa fever have been recorded. It was further disclosed that since the outbreak, there had been 93 deaths, with case fatality ratio in the confirmed cases put at 22.1 per cent.

The latest report also revealed that 20 states, together with the FCT, had recorded at least one confirmed case across 66 local government areas.Affected states include Edo, Ondo, Bauchi, Nasarawa, Ebonyi, Plateau, Taraba, Adamawa, Gombe, Kaduna, Kwara, Benue, Rivers, Kogi, Enugu, Imo, Delta, Oyo, Kebbi and Cross River states with the FCT. Speaking with SUNDAY PUNCH, the  Incident Manager, National Emergency Operation Centre, Ms Chioma Dan-Nwafor said the Federal Government in its effort to curb the disease had established treatment centres in the states where the disease was prevalent across the country. She further disclosed that many of the affected cases were on 21-day surveillance.

https://unclesuru.com/2019/03/10/lassa-fever-spreads-to-33-states-1447-cases-recorded/

No kano, lagos or ogun... Okay. I pray that this comes to an end in Jesus name
Re: Lassa Fever Spreads To 33 States, 1,447 Cases Recorded by bishopkay: 12:55pm On Mar 10, 2019
We should be very grateful to God ebola didn't happen under the watch of the clueless dullard! Nigeria would have been worse hit that even Liberia

1 Like

Re: Lassa Fever Spreads To 33 States, 1,447 Cases Recorded by Slurity(m): 1:10pm On Mar 10, 2019
ivandragon:

The day you stop seeing Buhari as your problem that same day you are free

1 Like

Re: Lassa Fever Spreads To 33 States, 1,447 Cases Recorded by Nobody: 1:24pm On Mar 10, 2019
And we have an indolent and docile toad-faced Minister for Health who was placed there out of pacifying a particular ethnic region.
Re: Lassa Fever Spreads To 33 States, 1,447 Cases Recorded by MissingBudget: 1:26pm On Mar 10, 2019
don4real18:

When they're busy rigging elections and filling every sensitive position with disgraceful products of quota system?
Re: Lassa Fever Spreads To 33 States, 1,447 Cases Recorded by Adalassy: 1:36pm On Mar 10, 2019
As a naturopath here in Ghana i am shocked that this could be close to an epidemic in Nigeria when the cure is naturally available.
Re: Lassa Fever Spreads To 33 States, 1,447 Cases Recorded by lilianofentse(f): 2:31pm On Mar 10, 2019
ClearFlair:
The work of Atiku and Obi supporters.
Why can't u have sense for once in your life

Re: Lassa Fever Spreads To 33 States, 1,447 Cases Recorded by ivandragon: 2:32pm On Mar 10, 2019
Slurity:

are you the honourable 'noisemaker' of health?

or after providing my own light, water & security, am I expected to also provide facilities to treat & check the spread of Lassa fever?

the day you stop being blind to the failings of this administration, the better your life will be...

1 Like

Re: Lassa Fever Spreads To 33 States, 1,447 Cases Recorded by njelrapheal: 2:42pm On Mar 10, 2019
Slurity:
you speak like one without sense to reason
Re: Lassa Fever Spreads To 33 States, 1,447 Cases Recorded by olivinebayton: 4:18pm On Mar 10, 2019

shell shockers full version.

(1) (2) (Reply)

COVID-19 Update For October 2 2020 In Nigeria - (2,270 Tested) / My One Month Child Fell, Please Advise / Nigeria At Moderate Risk Of Marburg Virus Disease Outbreak - NCDC

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.