Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,475 members, 7,819,736 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 09:59 PM

I Expect Atiku To Go To Court Says Buhari - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I Expect Atiku To Go To Court Says Buhari (551 Views)

JUST IN: PDP Reject Tribunal’s Judgment, Heads To Supreme Court ….says Verdict, / Zamfara: Oshiomhole Faults Supreme Court, Says Judgement Imposes Total Strangers / THROWBACK: Nigeria Needs Atiku To Make Life More Meaningful – Tinubu (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Expect Atiku To Go To Court Says Buhari by akelicious(m): 5:01am On Mar 10, 2019
President Muhammadu Buhari yesterday said that he expected the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP), and its presidential candidate in last month’s election, Alhaji Atiku Abubakar, to go to court to contest the outcome of the polls.

Atiku is already in court for that purpose.

Going to court, Buhari said was part of the democratic process.

The president spoke with journalists after casting his vote in the governorship and state assembly elections at the Kofar Baru 003 polling unit, Daura, Katsina State.

Asked to react to Atiku’s decision to challenge the result of the presidential election at the election tribunal, Buhari simply said: “I expect that to happen.”

On yesterday’s polls, the president said security agencies especially the police were taking care of the flashpoints in the country to ensure hitch-free voting across the country.

Asked how violence could be contained at such flashpoints, he said: “I will leave it to the law enforcement agencies especially the police because they have been meeting virtually on a 48-hour basis to make sure that they have identified the flashpoints, as you mentioned, wherever they are and make arrangements to counter it.”

The Presidential Election Petition Tribunal on Wednesday turned down Atiku’s request to be allowed to conduct forensic analysis and scanning of materials used during the election The tribunal said such request for forensic analysis and scanning by experts, of computers, card reader machines and server ,among others, deployed for the election by the Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC) was beyond the scope of the provisions of Section 151 (1) and (2) of the Electoral Act (as amended),which permits the inspection of election materials.

https://www.akelicious.net/2019/03/i-expect-atiku-to-go-to-court-says.html

1 Like

Re: I Expect Atiku To Go To Court Says Buhari by StOla: 5:15am On Mar 10, 2019
Lawyers are very expectant.

Account alerts need to start ringing.

1 Like

Re: I Expect Atiku To Go To Court Says Buhari by Banmeallday: 5:16am On Mar 10, 2019
Open your fist Jubril....you cant even obey court order coup plotter
Re: I Expect Atiku To Go To Court Says Buhari by Nobody: 5:16am On Mar 10, 2019
Buhari, you be THIEF. You steal votes wey no belong to you.
Re: I Expect Atiku To Go To Court Says Buhari by blackmantis: 5:28am On Mar 10, 2019
Blood blood blood everywhere
Re: I Expect Atiku To Go To Court Says Buhari by chriskosherbal(m): 5:30am On Mar 10, 2019
Is part of a Democratic process though ..
Re: I Expect Atiku To Go To Court Says Buhari by Caseless: 6:16am On Mar 10, 2019
Atiku, see you in court.
Re: I Expect Atiku To Go To Court Says Buhari by hisgrace090: 6:18am On Mar 10, 2019
We're watching!
Re: I Expect Atiku To Go To Court Says Buhari by blackpanda: 6:21am On Mar 10, 2019
jerseyboy:
Buhari, you be THIEF. You steal votes wey no belong to you.

Lies!
We the good people of Nigeria voted our messiah flawlessly. Wailers keep wailing grin

1 Like

Re: I Expect Atiku To Go To Court Says Buhari by Racoon(m): 6:31am On Mar 10, 2019
Says a president that went to court to seek redress himself have utter impunity for the nation's and even ECOWAS courts and annoyingly the rule of law.

(1) (Reply)

2019 Election An ‘expensive Joke, Monumental Mess’ – Femi Falana / How Hausa Girls Celebrate Politicians / Charlyboy Sacked From Our Mumu Don Do Movement After Admitting To Bribery Allega

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.