Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,511 members, 7,819,846 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 03:02 AM

How Much Do Banks Currently Pay In Nigeria - Education (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / How Much Do Banks Currently Pay In Nigeria (7754 Views)

Do Banks Issue NIMC Plastic ID Card? / 4 Banks Offer University Scholarships To Top 100 UTME Candidates / Let’s Talk!! What Was The Hardest Thing You Faced Or Currently Facing In School? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Much Do Banks Currently Pay In Nigeria by Nobody: 6:10am On Mar 11, 2019
xammax:

By God grace i will get into that banking system. Considering am even studying a related course; Accounting.
Any course can work in a bank. Also you don't even need to study accounting to be an accountant, just pass ICAN
Re: How Much Do Banks Currently Pay In Nigeria by eipreel(f): 7:08am On Mar 11, 2019
rationalmind:

Since you're obviously wrong about the one you're sure of, we can dismiss the others.

grin cheesy Badt guy grin grin cheesy
Re: How Much Do Banks Currently Pay In Nigeria by nelsonebby(m): 8:01am On Mar 11, 2019
asuustrike1:

Their pay is huge
You don taste poverty o.
Re: How Much Do Banks Currently Pay In Nigeria by Klimaths: 9:11pm On Mar 12, 2019
rtdCivilservant:

don't be deceived by those big figures some people are putting up here banks don't really pay up to that, if they pay a gt/fresh graduate up to 200k that means the manager would earn up to a million. most banks with the exception of few international banks (like standard chartered) pay between 80 and 120k for graduate trainees, while for contract staff they pay between 40 and 70k. u can take this to the bank, diamond bank I know for sure pays their contract staff between 55 and 60k
don't say what you don't OK, they pay bankers very well, not contract staff but the core staff
Re: How Much Do Banks Currently Pay In Nigeria by DevilsEqual(m): 5:40pm On Aug 22, 2022
Gerrard59:

Stop being an ignoramus!

The poster you quoted is right.

GTB - More than 200K

Wema Bank - More than 180K

First Bank - More than 180K

Access Bank - 250K excluding a car loan (the car loan seems mandatory these days).

StanbicIBTC - More than 250K

Ecobank - More than 220K for management trainee and > 150K for graduate trainee

Zenith Bank - Less than 150K but more than 100K (if only you have professional certification. If not, you're a contract staff even if you pass through training school).

UBA - 80K for a year. After confirmation, it increases to 150K thereabouts.

Sterling - More than 180K

Union Bank - More than 200K

Those are all I can remember.

P.S. These salaries are after training school and are gross not net earnings. Also, graduate trainees not contract staff.

Know your Workforce, Dragnet and GMAT and getting a bank job won't be difficult.

Hopefully, you get what you desire. But regarding the bold, it's not by course, engineers these days are more at an advantage due to their adroitness on the numerical aspect for passing aptitude tests. Anyone regardless of his/her course of study can get a job in the bank provided basic requirements are fulfilled. Moreover, anyone can become an accountant without studying accounting or related disciplines.

i would likem to ask if banks still pay Graduate Trainees up to this kinda amount even in 2022...cause i`ve been trying to pursue a career in it
Re: How Much Do Banks Currently Pay In Nigeria by Gerrard59(m): 6:38am On Aug 24, 2022
DevilsEqual:

i would likem to ask if banks still pay Graduate Trainees up to this kinda amount even in 2022...cause i`ve been trying to pursue a career in it

The only one I know is UBA which pays 250K to grad trainees upon confirmation.

1 Like

Re: How Much Do Banks Currently Pay In Nigeria by donbee(m): 6:43am On Aug 24, 2022
No more graduate trainee in UBA. They traine their newly employed person as an executive trainee straight.
Gerrard59:

The only one I know is UBA which pays 250K to grad trainees upon confirmation.
Re: How Much Do Banks Currently Pay In Nigeria by Gerrard59(m): 6:58am On Aug 24, 2022
donbee:
No more graduate trainee in UBA. They traine their newly employed person as an executive trainee straight.

What do they call these "newly employed persons"?

1 Like

Re: How Much Do Banks Currently Pay In Nigeria by donbee(m): 11:49am On Aug 24, 2022
Executive trainee
After all such screening stages, you will do 3 months online training and 3 months live training at their training school. After which you will resume work as an Executive trainee.
All those graduate trainee cadre where scrap out during the bank transformation as of 2020..
Gerrard59:

What do they call these "newly employed persons"?

1 Like

Re: How Much Do Banks Currently Pay In Nigeria by Gerrard59(m): 2:47pm On Aug 25, 2022
donbee:
Executive trainee
After all such screening stages, you will do 3 months online training and 3 months live training at their training school. After which you will resume work as an Executive trainee.
All those graduate trainee cadre where scrap out during the bank transformation as of 2020..

OK. No difference then. Just mere semantics. I know there was a grad trainee scheme, after which they get promoted to executive trainees.
Re: How Much Do Banks Currently Pay In Nigeria by donbee(m): 5:40pm On Aug 25, 2022
There is difference.
Before 2020. You will be employed, go to training school come out as graduate trainee 1(80k as salary) after a year you becomes graduate trainee 2( 100k as salary) after another year you become Executive trainee (140k as salary), after sometimes Executive trainee 2 (174k as salary.

After the transformation in 2020.

You will be employed do 3 months online training and 3 months at training school with 60k monthly stipend. After the training you will be posted as Executive trainee straight with 250k as salary.

Gerrard59:

OK. No difference then. Just mere semantics. I know there was a grad trainee scheme, after which they get promoted to executive trainees.

1 Like

Re: How Much Do Banks Currently Pay In Nigeria by Gerrard59(m): 6:41pm On Aug 25, 2022
donbee:
There is difference.
Before 2020. You will be employed, go to training school come out as graduate trainee 1(80k as salary) after a year you becomes graduate trainee 2( 100k as salary) after another year you become Executive trainee (140k as salary), after sometimes Executive trainee 2 (174k as salary.

After the transformation in 2020.

You will be employed do 3 months online training and 3 months at training school with 60k monthly stipend. After the training you will be posted as Executive trainee straight with 250k as salary.

Yeah, I know about that. The recruitment process was pretty easy and fast compared to UBA peers, although that contributed to high attrition rate (esp the salary for ambitious folks). But it provided a good starting point for most graduates including those with lower grades.

When I have the time, I will publish an article on Nairaland about the various companies' graduate recruitment programs from 2019-2021 and how many graduates tried ways to circumvent the processes.

Interesting times. cheesy

3 Likes

Re: How Much Do Banks Currently Pay In Nigeria by silverkings: 3:24am On Oct 15, 2022
DevilsEqual:

stanbic IBTC pays 350k after training. Core bankers earn better money. Contract staff dey suffer
Re: How Much Do Banks Currently Pay In Nigeria by Aremson14(m): 8:35am On Oct 15, 2022
Any1 had any idea on Keystone?
Re: How Much Do Banks Currently Pay In Nigeria by deleib(m): 11:51am On Jun 13, 2023
[quote author=Kylekent59 post=76539079]Diamond bank is 100-120k, how did that guy get 209k grin grin

I have a sister who works as a customer service at GTB, she earns close to 250k.

Why I hate salary work. You will always want the month to come to an end and once that money is paid, expenses expenses.

Imagine yourself earning 250k.

50k for foodstuffs for the family

10k to service my car a month

10k on PHCN, nepa bill

1k security in my area

5k to my 3 siblings(15k)

2k for gen service

25k for tithe

5k for subscription

1k for feeding (1k x30=30k)

1k for the gim exercise

4k for maintaining my body

5k flexing my guys

5k on fuel

5h for shaving

Total=124,500

Net savings = 250,000- 124,500
=125,500.

No GF for now, them fit collect my remaining 125,500.

Deposit 100k for future purposes, then d remaining 25k, for Sars/thief/bet9ja/ for ukwu /beach/partygrin grin

Even sef, to use bank salary to build house is very hard.

It's
Re: How Much Do Banks Currently Pay In Nigeria by stephano100(m): 7:38pm On Jun 20, 2023
Gerrard59:

Yeah, I know about that. The recruitment process was pretty easy and fast compared to UBA peers, although that contributed to high attrition rate (esp the salary for ambitious folks). But it provided a good starting point for most graduates including those with lower grades.

When I have the time, I will publish an article on Nairaland about the various companies' graduate recruitment programs from 2019-2021 and how many graduates tried ways to circumvent the processes.

Interesting times. cheesy

Can wait to read this, please publish the article & notify me🙏😁
Re: How Much Do Banks Currently Pay In Nigeria by Gerrard59(m): 9:40pm On Jun 20, 2023
stephano100:

Can wait to read this, please publish the article & notify me🙏😁

I don bookmark this page. It is going to take time sha.

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (Reply)

These are the MOST Popular Nairalanders 2022 / Jamb’s Computer-based Test Will Curb Exam Malpractice, Says Registrar / 10 Celebrities Who Were Killed By The Illuminati

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.