Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,060 members, 7,814,647 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 04:56 PM

Here's The Only Way A Creative Nigerian Can Be World-Standard Successful - Art, Graphics & Video - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Art, Graphics & Video / Here's The Only Way A Creative Nigerian Can Be World-Standard Successful (1470 Views)

I Am A Creative Graphic Designer / Looking For A Creative 2D And 3D Design Expert For Architecture And Engineering? / 10 Creative Nigerian Photographers That Are Making Waves (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Here's The Only Way A Creative Nigerian Can Be World-Standard Successful by LucemFerre: 1:03pm On Mar 11, 2019
LEAVE THE FVCKING COUNTRY

4 Likes

Re: Here's The Only Way A Creative Nigerian Can Be World-Standard Successful by Psychodavidovic(m): 9:08am On Mar 12, 2019
LucemFerre:
LEAVE THE FVCKING COUNTRY

Lool someone is pissed. lipsrsealed
Re: Here's The Only Way A Creative Nigerian Can Be World-Standard Successful by LucemFerre: 12:40pm On Mar 12, 2019
Just leave dis useless people
Re: Here's The Only Way A Creative Nigerian Can Be World-Standard Successful by Ceekay212: 10:06pm On Apr 05, 2019
Disagree......Create some cool sh*t....I've worked at a few tech hubs in Nigeria and a lot of work done there is kinda mediocre. Like for example, most people think tech is all about mobile apps and web development you hardly see any ML or A.I junkie, and before you mention schools not doing their jobs keep in mind Elon Musk knew jack sh*t about space but he read a lot of books on the subject and now he owns probably the biggest private space company in world, SpaceX
Re: Here's The Only Way A Creative Nigerian Can Be World-Standard Successful by LucemFerre: 10:40pm On Apr 05, 2019
Ceekay212:
Disagree......Create some cool sh*t....I've worked at a few tech hubs in Nigeria and a lot of work done there is kinda mediocre. Like for example, most people think tech is all about mobile apps and web development you hardly see any ML or A.I junkie, and before you mention schools not doing their jobs keep in mind Elon Musk knew jack sh*t about space but he read a lot of books on the subject and now he owns probably the biggest private space company in world, SpaceX

I call Nigeria, You mention Elon Musk... Anyways, Dude our environment and system does not support creativity in anyway. The most successful career in Nigeria is politics... You want the full gist?
Re: Here's The Only Way A Creative Nigerian Can Be World-Standard Successful by Ceekay212: 11:47pm On Apr 05, 2019
LucemFerre:

I call Nigeria, You mention Elon Musk... Anyways, Dude our environment and system does not support creativity in anyway. The most successful career in Nigeria is politics... You want the full gist?
Dude read and comprehend what I wrote. I made reference to musk cos my point is 'You don't need school to be a master at something'. Like I said, rather than being pessimistic, create cool sh*t.

1 Like

Re: Here's The Only Way A Creative Nigerian Can Be World-Standard Successful by LucemFerre: 1:33pm On Apr 06, 2019
Ceekay212:
Dude read and comprehend what I wrote. I made reference to musk cos my point is 'You don't need school to be a master at something'. Like I said, rather than being pessimistic, create cool sh*t.

I understand your point bruh. What I'm saying is our environment isn't condusive. Do you know how long it takes me to render a 1-minute animation because of lack of electricity? In Nigeria sadly, You kinda need school.
Re: Here's The Only Way A Creative Nigerian Can Be World-Standard Successful by GreatAchiever1: 4:00pm On Apr 06, 2019
Ceekay212:
Disagree......Create some cool sh*t....I've worked at a few tech hubs in Nigeria and a lot of work done there is kinda mediocre. Like for example, most people think tech is all about mobile apps and web development you hardly see any ML or A.I junkie.
Im even planning on learning about those ML stuff to know if its compatible 4 me sef.
Re: Here's The Only Way A Creative Nigerian Can Be World-Standard Successful by faceland: 10:07am On Apr 08, 2019
Ceekay212:

I like as you want to encourage the local artists but if we are to be realistic... Your mate overseas with similar skills and skin colour and work ethic, would consider your monthly earnings as chicken-change... In fact some spend your entire monthly income on coffee (at Starbucks).

If you want to be a YouTuber for instance, and don't have money, you just need to go to a public building and get free WiFi but in Nigeria, you would find money for night browsing and their is a 40% chance their might not be electricity after subscribing or poor mobile network... If you finally get a foreign client (because locals don't appreciate art), PayPal wouldn't allow you to collect money because you are Nigerian...

Over 10 years ago, I joined an online membership gallery (that time artist use to make at least 3000 dollars a month, just before the stock market crash in USA), many times people who contacted me about my art would end the email correspondence once he discovered I was a Nigerian... Till this day, sites like yessy.com don't allow Nigerian artist to join (back in the days, that was the hottest place to sell your art as they bought Google ads but I don't think they are relevant anymore).
Re: Here's The Only Way A Creative Nigerian Can Be World-Standard Successful by faceland: 10:12am On Apr 08, 2019
And please don't misunderstand me, you can make it but you have to work bloody harder than your mates in developed countries and have a long term perspective...

Except you have lots of money to buy spot on CNN and other international medias, then you would explode because you would set yourself as an authority in your field.

It is not over night sha.
Re: Here's The Only Way A Creative Nigerian Can Be World-Standard Successful by LucemFerre: 11:11am On Apr 08, 2019
faceland:

Thank you. How fvcking unfortunate we are

1 Like

Re: Here's The Only Way A Creative Nigerian Can Be World-Standard Successful by Kalous1(m): 10:47pm On Apr 19, 2019
we sure are . the naija industry want quality job but cant pay for it , hence fucking up creative minds.
LucemFerre:

Thank you. How fvcking unfortunate we are

1 Like

Re: Here's The Only Way A Creative Nigerian Can Be World-Standard Successful by Kalous1(m): 8:29pm On Apr 21, 2019
any animator in abuja , really need to stay in contact with people who do what i do. pls let hook up

(1) (Reply)

Corel Painter X / Yet Another Design Abeg / I Supply Glass, Monuments Like Moulded Figures And Print ,paint Houses

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.