Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,069 members, 7,818,185 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 09:48 AM

INEC Dare Not Declare A Winner, I Want A Fresh Election In 7days- Uche Nwosu - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / INEC Dare Not Declare A Winner, I Want A Fresh Election In 7days- Uche Nwosu (540 Views)

Daniel Bwala: Declare A State Of Emmergency In Rivers, Remove Wike As Governor / Dino Melaye VS Smart Adeyemi: INEC Releases Date For Fresh Election / Imo Guber Poll: Don’t Declare A Winner Yet - Uche Nwosu To INEC (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Go Down)

INEC Dare Not Declare A Winner, I Want A Fresh Election In 7days- Uche Nwosu by hinwazaka: 8:05pm On Mar 11, 2019
The governorship candidate of the Action Alliance (AA) Uche Nwosu has urged the Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC) to withhold the declaration of the winner of the election until the constitutionally outlined provisions are fulfilled.

Nwosu, who addressed journalists via a telephone chat, noted the leading candidate, Emeka Ihedioha, to be declared a winner must have met the mandatory 25 percent votes in at least two-third in the number of Local Government Areas where the election held.

According to him: “The constitution is clear that for a candidate to be declared a winner he must have the mandatory 25 per cent spread in at least two-thirds of the number of local government areas in the state.

“In this instance, the candidate of DP did not meet this requirement as he scored the mandatory spread in only 12 whereas it should be 18.”

Nwosu also alleged widespread irregularity in the three local government areas of Aboh Mbaise, Ahiazu and Ezinihitte.

He wondered why the three local government areas could return such huge numbers in an election marred by voter apathy.

The AA candidate said: “This result is totally unacceptable and I am calling on INEC to declare the election inconclusive and arrange a fresh election within seven days as stipulated by the constitution of the Federal Republic of Nigeria.”

He also frowned at the conduct of INEC officials, who he alleged colluded with the PDP candidate
to inflate the figures in the three contentious local government areas.
www.thenationonlineng.net/nwosu-to-inec-dont-declare-a-winner-yet/
Re: INEC Dare Not Declare A Winner, I Want A Fresh Election In 7days- Uche Nwosu by Chidexter(m): 8:07pm On Mar 11, 2019
The way people they give orders these days tire me
Re: INEC Dare Not Declare A Winner, I Want A Fresh Election In 7days- Uche Nwosu by Masama: 8:08pm On Mar 11, 2019
I thought they said he has congratulated the PDP candidate
Re: INEC Dare Not Declare A Winner, I Want A Fresh Election In 7days- Uche Nwosu by daddytime(m): 8:10pm On Mar 11, 2019
Monkey
Re: INEC Dare Not Declare A Winner, I Want A Fresh Election In 7days- Uche Nwosu by hinwazaka: 8:10pm On Mar 11, 2019
This boy needs a public flogging from ajofia
Re: INEC Dare Not Declare A Winner, I Want A Fresh Election In 7days- Uche Nwosu by shuttox: 8:10pm On Mar 11, 2019
Uche Nwosu...You are gone ....

1 Like

Re: INEC Dare Not Declare A Winner, I Want A Fresh Election In 7days- Uche Nwosu by NaijaRoyalty(m): 8:12pm On Mar 11, 2019
Mumu

Who is he cheesy cheesy
Re: INEC Dare Not Declare A Winner, I Want A Fresh Election In 7days- Uche Nwosu by buhariguy(m): 8:12pm On Mar 11, 2019
inec can not do otherwise, it is a runoff election. imo is apc.

1 Like

Re: INEC Dare Not Declare A Winner, I Want A Fresh Election In 7days- Uche Nwosu by Nobody: 8:17pm On Mar 11, 2019
He is right if his claim is correct
Re: INEC Dare Not Declare A Winner, I Want A Fresh Election In 7days- Uche Nwosu by Mynd44: 8:18pm On Mar 11, 2019

(1)

No Nation Can Grow With Election Rigging - Peter Obi / Ahmed Lawan: Before PMB Crowns An Enemy, By Abdullahi Suleiman / INEC Fixes Date To Announce Winner Of Rivers Guber Election

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.