Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,839 members, 7,810,227 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 12:59 AM

Check Out Bird That Can Fly Backwards - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Check Out Bird That Can Fly Backwards (3661 Views)

Davido And Chioma Fly In An Helicopter To Meet Drake At Toronto.(video)<< / #JusticeForSylvester: Parents Of Dowen College Cult Members To Fly Them Out / Amazing Lyre Bird Can Immitate Over 30 Sounds Such As Chainsaw,Camera,Siren (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Check Out Bird That Can Fly Backwards by Darey888(m): 10:21pm On Mar 11, 2019
Hummingbirds are incredible flyers, with the ruby-throated hummingbird beating its wings 80 times every second, an ability that inspired this blog's name.

Check also
ENGLISH FOR GARRI :

https://kikgist.com.ng/bird-that-can-fly-backwards/

These tiny birds can fly forwards, hover, and are the only known birds to fly backwards as well.

Source:
https://kikgist.com.ng/bird-that-can-fly-backwards/

1 Share

Re: Check Out Bird That Can Fly Backwards by Daevid(m): 7:23am On Mar 12, 2019
Ftc!!!

1 Like

Re: Check Out Bird That Can Fly Backwards by ElGabi(m): 7:24am On Mar 12, 2019
Forward ever, backward never

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Check Out Bird That Can Fly Backwards by Darey888(m): 7:53am On Mar 12, 2019
grin cheesy
Re: Check Out Bird That Can Fly Backwards by PSTEMMA1960(m): 8:51am On Mar 12, 2019
grin beating its wing 80 times in a second? Lie Mohammed its learning work..

1 Like

Re: Check Out Bird That Can Fly Backwards by otino(m): 9:20am On Mar 12, 2019
PSTEMMA1960:

the thing tire me oo, speed of light the marvel right now

1 Like

Re: Check Out Bird That Can Fly Backwards by sureteeboy(m): 9:29am On Mar 12, 2019
I wonder why guys sit in their mushroom huts and start disproving scientifically proven facts. Infrared rays of 3 μm oscillate over 100 trillion times in a single second. So, what's special about a bird flapping it's wing 80 times a second?

5 Likes

Re: Check Out Bird That Can Fly Backwards by PSTEMMA1960(m): 9:34am On Mar 12, 2019
grin I tell u.
otino:

the thing tire me oo, speed of light the marvel right now

1 Like

Re: Check Out Bird That Can Fly Backwards by Gudiza(m): 10:18am On Mar 12, 2019
FUN facts;

A bee flaps its wings about 300 times per second. A dragonfly flaps its wings at only about 30 beats per second but have two sets of wings so they don't have to beat them as much to fly.

Oyinbo too much. dem go soon design one aircraft with this one.

2 Likes

Re: Check Out Bird That Can Fly Backwards by Khd95(m): 10:50am On Mar 12, 2019
Gudiza:
FUN facts;

A bee flaps its wings about 300 times per second, but a dragonfly flaps its wings at only about 30 beats per second. (fact, dragonflies have two sets of wings so they don't have to beat them as much to fly.)

Oyinbo too much. dem go soon design one aircraft with this one.
i also heard woodpeckers peck woods an average pf 50-70 times per second embarassed grin

1 Like

Re: Check Out Bird That Can Fly Backwards by elderbros(m): 11:42am On Mar 12, 2019
Khd95:
i also heard woodpeckers peck woods an average pf 50-70 times per second embarassed grin

I also heard the duck paddles about 60-80 times a second grin

1 Like

Re: Check Out Bird That Can Fly Backwards by abumeinben(m): 1:36pm On Mar 12, 2019
Have you heard about kiwi?
Re: Check Out Bird That Can Fly Backwards by jordyspices: 2:10pm On Mar 12, 2019
The pictures explains nothing
Re: Check Out Bird That Can Fly Backwards by respect80(m): 2:12pm On Mar 12, 2019
sureteeboy:
I wonder why guys sit in their mushroom huts and start disproving scientifically proven facts. Infrared rays of 3 μm oscillate over 100 trillion times in a single second. So, what's special about a bird flapping it's wing 80 times a second?
I wonder o my brother...
Even Lionel Messi can dribble 80 players in a second grin

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Check Out Bird That Can Fly Backwards by elderbros(m): 2:47pm On Mar 12, 2019
PSTEMMA1960:
Lets count

1 Like

Re: Check Out Bird That Can Fly Backwards by PSTEMMA1960(m): 3:03pm On Mar 12, 2019
elderbros:

Lets count
can u even count 1-80 in a second? So no need counting
Re: Check Out Bird That Can Fly Backwards by Olibboy: 3:16pm On Mar 12, 2019
w*tches can fly from north to west to east to south.
respects!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Check Out Bird That Can Fly Backwards by Darey888(m): 3:28pm On Mar 12, 2019
Azin!!
U guys are......
Re: Check Out Bird That Can Fly Backwards by JuzzJoel: 4:00pm On Mar 12, 2019
PSTEMMA1960:

You cant see their wings when they fly
Browse pictures of them and see for yourself

2 Likes

Re: Check Out Bird That Can Fly Backwards by JuzzJoel: 4:02pm On Mar 12, 2019
elderbros:

Lets count

The speed of the wings makes it difficult for the camera to capture it

1 Like

Re: Check Out Bird That Can Fly Backwards by PSTEMMA1960(m): 5:25pm On Mar 12, 2019
grin so if u can't see them how do u then do the counting? My brother 80 times in a second is not possible..
JuzzJoel:

You cant see their wings when they fly
Browse pictures of them and see for yourself

1 Like

Re: Check Out Bird That Can Fly Backwards by JuzzJoel: 6:09pm On Mar 12, 2019
PSTEMMA1960:
grin so if u can't see them how do u then do the counting? My brother 80 times in a second is not possible..

It is an estimated figure
Use of speed cameras when it is analysed frame by frame
Re: Check Out Bird That Can Fly Backwards by sureteeboy(m): 6:17pm On Mar 12, 2019
JuzzJoel:

The speed of the wings makes it difficult for the camera to capture it
Difficult for the average camera. There are cameras that capture videos at over 2000 frames per second. On YouTube, I've onced watch a clip of the speed at which a glass cracks when hit with an object. This video was filmed at over 10000 frames per second. If you even check YouTube, you'll see videos of this hummingbird filmed at thousands of frames per second. I marvel at the shocking level of ignorance displayed by some Nigerians here who think they know it all. How will the country ever develop scientifically when these are the kinds of youths we have? Those who never seek proofs for simple stuffs like this but would rather display their ignorance on public platforms.

5 Likes

Re: Check Out Bird That Can Fly Backwards by JuzzJoel: 6:18pm On Mar 12, 2019
sureteeboy:

Difficult for the average camera. There are cameras that capture videos at over 2000 frames per second. On YouTube, I've onced watch a clip of the speed at which a glass cracks when hit with an object. This video was filmed at over 10000 frames per second. If you even check YouTube, you'll see videos of this hummingbird filmed at thousands of frames per second. I marvel at the shocking level of ignorance displayed by some Nigerians here who think they know it all. How will the country ever develop scientifically when these are the kinds of youths we have? Those who never seek proofs for simple stuffs like this but would rather display their ignorance on public platforms.

Meaning.
I dont get what you are saying
Re: Check Out Bird That Can Fly Backwards by Nobody: 6:30pm On Mar 12, 2019
JuzzJoel:

Meaning.
meaning you are an ignoramus, an olodo rabata, hummingbird heart beats 1260 times per minute and they breaths 250 times per minute, take you Igborance somewhere else please.
Kudos to sureteeboy.
Re: Check Out Bird That Can Fly Backwards by JuzzJoel: 6:33pm On Mar 12, 2019
Nurrex:
meaning you are an ignoramus, an olodo rabata, hummingbird heart beats 1260 times per minute and they breaths 250 times per minute, take you Igborance somewhere else please.
Kudos to sureteeboy.

What did I say compared to what you just said
Did you read what I have been typing Aforehand

Did you say 'Igbo'rance
FYI I am not among the three popular tribes in Nigeria
Re: Check Out Bird That Can Fly Backwards by PSTEMMA1960(m): 7:42pm On Mar 12, 2019
grin ok sir, make I stop here,before I disgrace my self+school teachers grin
JuzzJoel:

It is an estimated figure
Use of speed cameras when it is analysed frame by frame
Re: Check Out Bird That Can Fly Backwards by chiroyale(f): 7:59pm On Mar 12, 2019
All these arguments because of hummingbirds who have no idea of our existence..

1 Like

Re: Check Out Bird That Can Fly Backwards by Darey888(m): 8:33pm On Mar 12, 2019
Watch this Messi video and tell us if real or not - UNBELIEVABLE
Watch through below link!/

https://www.kikgist.com/2019/03/watch-this-messi-video-and-tell-us-if.html?m=1
Re: Check Out Bird That Can Fly Backwards by sureteeboy(m): 8:38pm On Mar 12, 2019
JuzzJoel:

Meaning.
I'm only backing up what you earlier posted. You said it's difficult for the camera to capture its wing movements, but it has been captured by several cameras already. The other part isn't meant for you, but for those disproving the news without any meaningful fact to present

1 Like

Re: Check Out Bird That Can Fly Backwards by kingovie12(m): 6:58am On Mar 13, 2019
abumeinben:
Have you heard about kiwi?
Yes.. that Black Polish

(1) (2) (Reply)

List Of The Top 16 Most Expensive Secondary Schools In Nigeria. / Top 10 Most Dangerous Jobs In The World / Jamb Sms Alert Voucher Is Here,text Your Phone Number Now To Us

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.