Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,179 members, 7,821,987 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 11:51 PM

Read Enugu State Governor’s Acceptance Speech After His Re-election - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Read Enugu State Governor’s Acceptance Speech After His Re-election (6439 Views)

Governor Sanwoolu Gives First Speech After Election Victory / Joshua Dongoyaro Speech After Buhari Government Was Overthrown 34 Years Ago / Ambode Left Out As Sanwo-olu Reads Acceptance Speech (full Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Read Enugu State Governor’s Acceptance Speech After His Re-election by OEPHIUS(m): 7:12am On Mar 12, 2019

ACCEPTANCE SPEECH BY THE GOVERNOR OF ENUGU STATE, HIS EXCELLENCY, RT. HON. IFEANYI UGWUANYI (GBURUGBURU) FOLLOWING HIS VICTORY IN THE MARCH 9, 2019 GOVERNORSHIP ELECTION

PROTOCOLS

Ndi Enugu,

Enugu State is, truly, in the hands of God and in all that we do, we give God due glory, honour and adoration, for He is, indeed, a faithful God.

It is with a heart full of joy and thanksgiving that we exalt the Almighty God of Abraham, the God of Isaac, the God of Jacob and the awesome God of David for the resounding victory that He granted us in the March 9 governorship and House of Assembly elections in Enugu State.

Therefore, with utmost gratitude and humility, I wholeheartedly accept the mandate that you, the good people of Enugu State have, again, bestowed on me. This victory does not belong to me alone. It belongs to Ndi Enugu – our political leaders and other stakeholders irrespective of party affiliations; the market men and women, the barrow pushers, taxi and commercial bus drivers, Okada and Keke riders, petty traders, other artisans, town union and community leaders, the clergy, our revered traditional rulers, civil servants, the farmers, the professional class, youth and women groups, students and others who are the true heroes of our democracy.

And so, to you, Ndi Enugu, I am deeply humbled that you have, once again, invested your trust and faith in our team. It is now for me and my able Deputy, Her Excellency, Lolo Cecilia Ezeilo to continue to work for you.

In truth, the victory is not a winner-takes-all. In our spirit of brotherhood, everyone is a winner. Therefore, I reach out my hand of friendship and partnership to my fellow contestants. I invite all of you to join hands with me so that together, we shall build a better Enugu State, to the glory of God.

I want to put on record our gratitude to the President and Commander-in-Chief of the Armed Forces of the Federal Republic of Nigeria, His Excellency, Muhammadu Buhari (GCFR) for his exemplary leadership and for providing the enabling environment that ensured the peaceful conduct of elections in our State.

I also salute the Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC) for a job well done and for keeping alive the dream of a brighter democracy. We are equally grateful to the Nigerian security agencies and the independent observers who ensured that we had peaceful processes at the polls.

To the leadership and entire membership of our party, the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP), our campaign team and the support groups, I hereby express my gratitude for the wonderful job that you all did. I am very proud of your contributions.

Today, we pledge to devote our energies and time to work harder for the wellbeing and prosperity of all our people. We are open to new ideas and new visions, as we continue to lay the solid foundation for a more prosperous Enugu State.

I hereby reaffirm that we will continue to serve you with the fear of God, with humility and an unwavering commitment to improving the lives of our people and lifting the State to unprecedented heights of development and progress.

Now is the time to get back to work. We are inspired by the sacrifices and support of our people in renewing our mandate. I am confident that by the special grace of God and with your continuing cooperation and prayers, all things concerning Enugu State will continue to end in praise.

Thank you all and may God continue to bless you and prosper Enugu State, in Jesus Name. Amen.

Rt. Hon. Ifeanyi Ugwuanyi

Governor, Enugu State.

https://thepunditng.com/read-enugu-state-governors-acceptance-speech-after-his-re-election/

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Read Enugu State Governor’s Acceptance Speech After His Re-election by eben1marketer: 7:17am On Mar 12, 2019
Use this four years and and do one big project at least for once. Most African leaders are just daft and bereaved of innovative ideas...
Still looking for a reliable Web design company? Get your website done without advance payments. Check out our beautiful designs and details HERE

5 Likes

Re: Read Enugu State Governor’s Acceptance Speech After His Re-election by Esomchi800(m): 7:18am On Mar 12, 2019
God bless Enugu

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Read Enugu State Governor’s Acceptance Speech After His Re-election by Bgetto: 7:19am On Mar 12, 2019
Ignore love corruption
Re: Read Enugu State Governor’s Acceptance Speech After His Re-election by AzizG550(m): 7:20am On Mar 12, 2019
Noise maker Governor. No one can point to any tangible project done by your administration in the last 4 years.

9 Likes

Re: Read Enugu State Governor’s Acceptance Speech After His Re-election by otokx(m): 7:39am On Mar 12, 2019
Nice speech

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Read Enugu State Governor’s Acceptance Speech After His Re-election by bestman09(m): 7:56am On Mar 12, 2019
To whom much is given, even more is expected. Use your good office to do great things for your people so that in four years time, their will be no regret for giving you this mandate. Above all, if you perform excellently well, no sane man will be carrying a broom up and down in the name of a party in Enugu state henceforth

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Read Enugu State Governor’s Acceptance Speech After His Re-election by etoman1(m): 7:57am On Mar 12, 2019
Gburu gburu nwa nsukka grin

2 Likes

Re: Read Enugu State Governor’s Acceptance Speech After His Re-election by Amumaigwe: 8:07am On Mar 12, 2019
AzizG550:
Noise maker Governor. No one can point to any tangible project done by your administration in the last 4 years.

Afonja; they always hate.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Read Enugu State Governor’s Acceptance Speech After His Re-election by eaglechild: 8:13am On Mar 12, 2019
To be sincere this governor has not done any major project since he came into power.
He has grossly underperformed.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Read Enugu State Governor’s Acceptance Speech After His Re-election by massinola(m): 8:14am On Mar 12, 2019
AzizG550:
Though Nigeria politicians are all criminals from the highest rank to the lowest, but I can point to his projects.
1. Prompt payment of workers salaries. You can say that's not an achievement, but when you ask my mother who works with Kogi state government, you will know what achievement that is.
2. Employment of over 4000 Enugu indegines into different parastatals in Enugu state government. You can say the employment was for man know man but I believe those were still Enugu people not Kano people.
3. Payment of pension and gratuity to Enugu pensioniers.
4. Dualisation of Opi - Nsukka road. Electrifying the whole Nsukka metropolitan town.
5. Reconstruction of milk hill.
6. Construction of all the Nsukka roads. I stay there so I am a living withness. And many more.

Note. I am not praising him, but I just want to counter your claim of no body being able to point to any project done by him. There are many more that I don't know as I don't leave in Enugu town.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Read Enugu State Governor’s Acceptance Speech After His Re-election by twerkjack: 8:36am On Mar 12, 2019
Enugu is a different kind of igbos.... More focused, reserved, enlightened and reasonable..... if all igbos were like them Lord knows ........

4 Likes

Re: Read Enugu State Governor’s Acceptance Speech After His Re-election by kajole(m): 9:49am On Mar 12, 2019
Come unwind this summer

Cruising 4 countries with 1 cost

US/MEXICO/BAHAMAS/HONDURAS

We would assist with your visa process

So you don’t have a reason to worry

First come, First Serve

Limited Space, Book now

Re: Read Enugu State Governor’s Acceptance Speech After His Re-election by blastac: 10:30am On Mar 12, 2019
He is owing pension...De 4000 employed youth are just sweepers and also dey are 1000 NT 4k, De OPI NSUKKA road was done by Sullivan, no Oda project has been done in Enugu town BT since you don't live there you wouldn't know...

massinola:

Though Nigeria politicians are all criminals from the highest rank to the lowest, but I can point to his projects.
1. Prompt payment of workers salaries. You can say that's not an achievement, but when you ask my mother who works with Kogi state government, you will know what achievement that is.
2. Employment of over 4000 Enugu indegines into different parastatals in Enugu state government. You can say the employment was for man know man but I believe those were still Enugu people not Kano people.
3. Payment of pension and gratuity to Enugu pensioniers.
4. Dualisation of Opi - Nsukka road. Electrifying the whole Nsukka metropolitan town.
5. Reconstruction of milk hill.
6. Construction of all the Nsukka roads. I stay there so I am a living withness. And many more.

Note. I am not praising him, but I just want to counter your claim of no body being able to point to any project done by him. There are many more that I don't know as I don't leave in Enugu town.

1 Like

Re: Read Enugu State Governor’s Acceptance Speech After His Re-election by midnighter(f): 2:47pm On Mar 12, 2019
A nice town but too dependent on former glory and legacy structures. Federal buildings are looking dilapidated and shabby, people are doing ok but not so great. a more vibrant governor would get to work on restoring it and realising its potential. Its average but could be better

(1) (Reply)

El-Rufai Arrested By SSS Over "Inciting Claims" / Soludo Takes A Swipe At Peter Obi. Says He Democratized Poverty In Anambra. / Ondo: All APC Gubernatorial Aspirants Collapse Structure, Endorse Akeredolu

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.