Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,801 members, 7,813,636 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 03:26 PM

Benue Rerun: I Respect Inec's Decision --- Jime - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Benue Rerun: I Respect Inec's Decision --- Jime (454 Views)

Benue Rerun: Ortom Extends Lead Margin Over Jime As INEC Releases Result / Declare Emmanuel Jime Winner Of Benue Governorship Election - Observers To NEC / Emmanuel Jime Caught With Bags Of Money (Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Benue Rerun: I Respect Inec's Decision --- Jime by naijapikin04(m): 7:50am On Mar 12, 2019
https://nextedition.com.ng/2019/03/12/benue-rerun-respect-inec-decision-jime/

The All Progressives Congress, APC, in Benue State has stated that the decision of the Independent National Electoral Commission, INEC, declaring the March 9 Governorship and State Assembly Elections in Benue inconclusive was in line with electoral guidelines.

The APC, in a statement signed by the Secretary, Jime-Ode Campaign Organisation, Prof Eugene Aliegba said that it has accepted the decision by INEC and will present itself for the rerun elections when the electoral umpire fixes a date for that purpose.

The party extended its gratitude to the electorate, party faithful and supporters who trooped out in their numbers to queue behind its governorship candidate Emmanuel Jime and all other candidates of the APC.

The party expressed deep worries over the large scale cases of thuggery, intimidation, voter inducement, vote buying and results tinkering that the Peoples Democratic Party, PDP, deployed in its desperate bid to hold on to power and called on INEC and security agencies to ensure that the PDP adheres to the rules of a democratic contest in the rerun.

The APC’s governorship candidate, Jime said the supplementary election was a welcomed development and expressed confidence to clinch victory when the exercise was conducted.

He insisted that "As a law abiding party, we recognize the decision by INEC as legally binding. We remain upbeat and urge our supporters to stay calm and optimistic ahead of a rerun date."

He said the APC will do the work required to clinch victory to earn the mandate of Benue people.

Re: Benue Rerun: I Respect Inec's Decision --- Jime by slivertongue: 8:05am On Mar 12, 2019
u will still lose

(1) (Reply)

15 -month-old Baby Buried Without Autopsy On ‘doctor’s’ Recommendation / ‘akpabio Can’t Be Written Off In Akwa Ibom Politics’ / Another Theory Showing How Atiku's Mandate Was Stolen

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.