Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,994 members, 7,828,508 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 10:45 AM

Nigeria 2019: Notes From The Field, By Reuben Abati - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigeria 2019: Notes From The Field, By Reuben Abati (10404 Views)

“the Spirit Of Error” In Nigerian Politics, By Reuben Abati / 2019: Atiku Vs. Buhari, By Reuben Abati / Buhari And The June 12 Saga By Reuben Abati (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria 2019: Notes From The Field, By Reuben Abati by sunmike065(m): 9:07am On Mar 12, 2019
I have non of the politicians to blame but our people who have all refused to grow up...politicians don't snatch boxes, they don't even fight or kill themselves on election day but my people do.

*Still Buying Massively*

� _ Bitcoin

� _ Ethereum

� _ Loading iTunes & Amazon gift cards

_Get in touch_ �
Re: Nigeria 2019: Notes From The Field, By Reuben Abati by MANNABBQGRILLS: 9:13am On Mar 12, 2019
The Nigerian political elite, the professional wing that is, has over the years destroyed this country. The political field is peopled by hypocrites who exploit people’s poverty. The people themselves have become dangerously cynical. When we campaigned on the streets and gave exercise books to mothers and their children, we were told: “Ko si owo, ko si ibo” – “no money, no vote.” Nobody was interested in exercise books! If people said as much as hello, they wanted you to pay for it. There were endless requests for mobilization fees, transformers, vehicles and all kinds of things. Two days to the election, the situation became almost unmanageable. I was asked to pick up bills at drinking joints. People stopped by and asked for money to “enjoy the rest of the evening”. Others came with requests for money to pay hospital fees, to take care of a newly born baby, to bury a relative, or to make a girlfriend happy. One political associate told me that every request was valid because as far as the Nigerian people are concerned, only a thief goes into politics and it is better to “take their own share” before the election.

3 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Nigeria 2019: Notes From The Field, By Reuben Abati by Mitsurugi(m): 9:28am On Mar 12, 2019
bionixs:
Some fools and sons of nobodies above you say otherwise. they are still displaying their self destructive hates,playing free of charge tribal politics. They are still flexing the remaining change from ballot box snatching and faning snatchers

No. You're wrong. They are unlettered buffoons who abhor rational enlightenment. Reading pieces like this is an egregious source of migraine and blurred vision. grin

1 Like

Re: Nigeria 2019: Notes From The Field, By Reuben Abati by Oxb90: 9:30am On Mar 12, 2019
keryj:
My thoughts sometimes is how do one gather all the politians in one place and set them ablaze angry

Then Nigeria and Nigerians can think of starting afresh undecided
or even take them to the highest shrine in the country and force them to swear before they start their " mandate". My reason is that Nigerian politicians have no fear or respect forTHE ALMIGHTY GOD. The same thieves will go to church this coming sunday for "Thanksgiving" of their stollen mandate.
Re: Nigeria 2019: Notes From The Field, By Reuben Abati by Starboytwo(m): 9:33am On Mar 12, 2019
donifez:
Damn! This guy can write.
azin...
Re: Nigeria 2019: Notes From The Field, By Reuben Abati by lastmessenger: 9:44am On Mar 12, 2019
Officialgarri:
And after 4 years, the pigs won't give up wailing . Are they paid for wailing all the time ?
And the Sudanese pig children will be here on Nairaland to defend their eternal father sitting in aso rock
Re: Nigeria 2019: Notes From The Field, By Reuben Abati by Pearlman(m): 9:44am On Mar 12, 2019
Oyinbo poo!
Re: Nigeria 2019: Notes From The Field, By Reuben Abati by kayusely70(m): 9:48am On Mar 12, 2019
Your principal kashamu is notorious for giving people fetish money for votes, it is an insult to have said ogun people collected money by voting dapo abiodun, you lost woefully because ogun people rejected your party.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria 2019: Notes From The Field, By Reuben Abati by bionixs: 10:01am On Mar 12, 2019
Mitsurugi:

No. You're wrong. They are unlettered buffoons who abhor rational enlightenment. Reading pieces like this is an egregious source of migraine and blurred vision. grin
ballot box snatcher
Re: Nigeria 2019: Notes From The Field, By Reuben Abati by 3kay945(m): 10:51am On Mar 12, 2019
morikee:
Long epistle

Try to read it , you will enjoy every words of it.
Re: Nigeria 2019: Notes From The Field, By Reuben Abati by 3kay945(m): 10:56am On Mar 12, 2019
Oxb90:
or even take them to the highest shrine in the country and force them to swear before they start their " mandate". My reason is that Nigerian politicians have no fear or respect forTHE ALMIGHTY GOD. The same thieves will go to church this coming sunday for "Thanksgiving" of their stollen mandate.

Yes, that is the bitter truth! Majority of us don't really believe in Almighty God anymore. We are bunch of hypocrites. cool
Re: Nigeria 2019: Notes From The Field, By Reuben Abati by Timfreds(m): 12:05pm On Mar 12, 2019
I always enjoy reading Abati. Keep it up Senior Bros.
Re: Nigeria 2019: Notes From The Field, By Reuben Abati by awoluyi(m): 12:06pm On Mar 12, 2019
Humm hummm , so Abati na Buruji's deputy governorship candidate in the just concluded election. O mase oo, I used to admire this man before he took up appointment with GEJ. My respect for him has since evaporated. In fact he is a proof of the saying that "Do not take people for they say but by what they do."
Re: Nigeria 2019: Notes From The Field, By Reuben Abati by writeprof(m): 12:58pm On Mar 12, 2019
Ravon:
[b][i]

If I felt any sense of loss at all, the morning after, it was in fact, the shocking report of the death of Pius Adesanmi, Professor of English and African Studies at Carleton University, Canada, in the ill-fated Boeing 737 Max 8 aircraft that crashed a few minutes after taking off from Bole International Airport in Addis Ababa, Ethiopia.

Pius was a member of our community, and he was one of the best and the brightest. He wielded a sparkling, lyrical and polemical pen which he deployed with the ease and confidence of a well-cultured intellectual. I was his fan. I enjoyed reading him because it was not difficult to see that his talent was original and that his intellect was solid and that the respect and admiration that he enjoyed was well deserved. He criticized me on many occasions but he was that kind of critic that left enough room for your dignity. I read many of his comments on my choices and interventions without feeling diminished. Why do bad things happen to good people? Why do flowers wither? Why Claude Ake? Why Pius Adesanmi? Ethiopian Airline has the best and the largest fleet in Africa. And now this… But who are we to question the Master Builder, the Great Architect Of The Universe who in one breath creates and in another breath, astounds us with the unexpected? Pius Adesanmi made his mark. If he were here, he would have had a lot more to say about the just concluded Nigerian elections. He was a significant public affairs commentator and a credible voice on all platforms. He was right: Nigeria remains, as he put it, “a nation in progress.” His death is a sad loss to the intellectual community.

SOURCE: https://brandspurng.com/2019/03/12/nigeria-2019-notes-from-the-field-by-reuben-abati/

The two of you are great narrators. I have not stopped enjoying your write-ups. May his soul RIP!
Re: Nigeria 2019: Notes From The Field, By Reuben Abati by paulibling(m): 4:35pm On Mar 12, 2019
Sadly politicians holding appointments in the ruling party and the ones in opposition that once held appointments are living fine but the youths that are being used to disrupt their own future are living in poverty once the elections are over.
My sympathy goes to innocent youths that are suffering the misgivings of our political class.
Nigeria will survive.
Re: Nigeria 2019: Notes From The Field, By Reuben Abati by StephenJoseph(m): 4:39pm On Mar 12, 2019
donifez:
Damn! This guy can write.

Yea, he is very articulate and a sincere individual. I love to read his write-ups. I also enjoyed reading one of his write-ups "THE DARK SIDE OF ASO-ROCK". Try read it, it's very informative
Re: Nigeria 2019: Notes From The Field, By Reuben Abati by donifez(m): 5:10pm On Mar 12, 2019
StephenJoseph:

Yea, he is very articulate and a sincere individual. I love to read his write-ups. I also enjoyed reading one of his write-ups "THE DARK SIDE OF ASO-ROCK". Try read it, it's very informative
I read it here on Nairaland. I am a fan. I secretly wait for the day he posts.
Re: Nigeria 2019: Notes From The Field, By Reuben Abati by themanderon: 7:25pm On Mar 12, 2019
Most Nigerians are actually savages that don't deserve to exist in the modern world. The savagery that many exhibited during the last elections was simply mind blowing. We are truly trapped in a vortex of retrogression. It's a hopeless situation.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Ituah Ighodalo: Nigerians Must Vote For President Who Truly Cares / Abimbola Adelakun: Our Unserious Supreme Court / Eid-El-fitr: Recep Erdogan Calls Buhari, Congratulates Nigerians

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.