Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,607 members, 7,812,998 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 02:48 AM

3 Reasons Why You Don't Need A Large Dance Floor For Your Wedding. - Events - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Events / 3 Reasons Why You Don't Need A Large Dance Floor For Your Wedding. (1188 Views)

4th Edition: MON Opens Floor For Entry / Planning Your Wedding With Low Budget for Decor- Check In / Are You Bold Enough To Do Your Wedding With Any Of These Vehicles? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

3 Reasons Why You Don't Need A Large Dance Floor For Your Wedding. by Midekin(m): 10:11am On Mar 12, 2019
1. Not that many people are going to be dancing. Even if you invite 300 guests. Seriously. Not all of them will be on the dance floor at the same time, unless you come from a family of get-down-ers. Which is not a common characteristic of Midwest families, just sayin’. Take note of your guest list, if you’re inviting the cast of So You Think You Can Dance, then yes, you will need a HUGE dance floor, otherwise, be confident in a smaller space.

2. Big dance floors are scary. Not everyone likes to be “on display”, I myself am an attention hoarder, but with only a couple people on a big dance floor it’s going to feel empty, and you might struggle to get even just a few people to boogie including me. A smaller dance floor looks more full for longer, since people will unofficially take turns on the dance floor.

Think about it this way, you wouldn’t put 200 people in a room designed for 500, because you lose the intimacy that brings people together, it feels empty and then you’re awkwardly grouped in just one end of the room. Same goes for the dance floor. Keep up the energy, keep it looking busy and full, by keeping it small. That way your guests have this #FOMO (fear of missing out) when they glance over at you all. A smaller dance floor might also save you from having to move tables after dinner, which can kinda inhibit the flow of the night, being that some people no longer have a place to sit.

3. The type of dancing your doing most likely doesn’t need a lot of room. Ballroom type dancing with big swinging, sweeping movements has fallen out of favor, you simply do not need that much space to dance. The standard two step? Pop and locking? Not much space, even the electric slide doesn’t require a ton of space, but I’m guessing that’s on your ‘do not play’ list.

Re: 3 Reasons Why You Don't Need A Large Dance Floor For Your Wedding. by Midekin(m): 11:13am On Mar 13, 2019
Stick to this topic to get updates on some secret things you don't know about wedding events

Re: 3 Reasons Why You Don't Need A Large Dance Floor For Your Wedding. by Midekin(m): 8:30am On Mar 28, 2019
* _WEDDING GIFT* _

She married him today. At the end of the wedding
party, her mother gave her a newly opened bank
savings passbook, with $1000 deposited in it.

She told her, "My dear daughter, take this passbook. Keep it as a record of your married life. Whenever something
Happy and Memorable happens in your new life, put
some money in. Write down what it's about next to the
amount.
The more memorable the event is, the more money you can put in.
I've done the first one for you today. Do the others with your husband. When you look back after many years, you will know how much happiness you've both shared.'

She shared this with
him after getting home. Both of them thought it was a
great idea and couldn't wait to make the next deposit!

This is what the Passbook looked like after a while: -
7th Feb: $100, his First Birthday Celebration after Marriage
1st Mar: $300, she gets a Salary Raise
20th Mar: $200, Vacation
15th Apr: $2000, She's Pregnant!
1st Jun: $1000, He gets the big Phromotion and so on...

However, as the years went by, they began fighting
and arguing over trivial things. They didn't talk much.

They regretted that they had married the most nasty
person in the world. There was no more love.

One day she talked to her Mother. 'Mom, we can't stand it anymore. We have decided to divorce. I can't imagine how I decided to marry this guy!'

Her mother replied, 'Sure, that's no big deal. Just do whatever you want, if
you really can't stand it.

But before that, do one thing remember the Savings Passbook I gave you on your
wedding day? Take out all money and spend it first.
You shouldn't keep any record of such a Poor
Marriage.'

She agreed with her mother. So she went to the bank, and was waiting in the queue to cancel the account.

While she was waiting, she took a look at the Passbook Record. She looked, and looked, and looked.
Then the memory of all the previous joyful moments came back to her. Her eyes were filled with tears.

She left and went home. When she got home, she handed the passbook to her hubby and asked him to spend the money before getting divorced.

So the next day, he went to the bank, and was waiting in the queue to cancel the account. While he was waiting, he took a look at the Passbook Record. He looked, and looked, and looked. Then the memory of all the previous joyful moments came back to him. His eyes were filled with tears.

He left and went home. He gave the Passbook back to her. She found a new Deposit of $5000. And a line next to the record: 'This is the day I realized how much I've loved you throughout all these years. How much happiness you've brought me.'
They hugged and cried, putting the Passbook back into the safe.

Marriage is not a game, it's not easy but it's beautiful. You will fight and argue, this is normal, because both of you came from different
backgrounds, different homes and you both were raised by
different parents, beliefs and morals. So you cannot expect that everything you say will be accepted by your spouse without their opinion being tendered first.
So before you give up, think back to the good times and to what brought you together in the first

Happy Married life in advance
#Mr. Perfect Events
Re: 3 Reasons Why You Don't Need A Large Dance Floor For Your Wedding. by Midekin(m): 1:05pm On Mar 29, 2019
Still the perfect planner

Re: 3 Reasons Why You Don't Need A Large Dance Floor For Your Wedding. by Midekin(m): 11:47am On Apr 02, 2019
5 THINGS TO CONSIDER BEFORE CHOOSING AN EVENT CENTRE.

1. SIZE

When asking questions on size the first thing that comes to mind is how many people can the venue accommodate. If you plan on having 50 people at your event, you might want your venue to be able to hold seventy. If you plan on having 300, you might want the capacity to be 350-400.

What a lot of people miss when thinking about venue size has less to do with capacity and more to do with the physical size of the venue. These two things might seem synonymous, but the aren’t. It is important to ask questions like, how tight will the seating be? Will your guests be able to move freely through the venue space without any uncomfortable hindrances on their movement? How big does the space feel? Is it cozy and comfortable? Is it open and spacious? Two venues with the exact same max capacity might feel entirely differently based on room layout.

2. Cost

When planning an event, staying in budget is always one of the biggest concerns, so cost is obviously a factor when choosing your venue. Consider the time of year and the day of your event when planning for cost. One of the biggest ways to lower the price of a venue is to have your event on a day that is less sought after than others.

3. Location

The main thing to consider when it comes to the location of your event is how easily your average event attendee will be able to reach it. If most of your event guests will be “in-town” guests, then holding the event in close proximity to their homes or offices makes sense. Whereas, if most attendees are visiting from out of town, choosing a venue near the airport or bus station is more practical. The key to venue location is limiting the hassle your guests will have to face while traveling to your event.

4. Parking

Considering a large and convenient parking for your guests is as important as the wedding cake, because the security of your guests property in your wedding is necessary.

5. Mood/Ambiance

Perhaps the least technical (but by no means least important) aspect of a venue to consider is how well it matches the mood or ambiance you wish to establish. If you are hosting a Fundraiser Gala, you probably want a venue that has an extravagantly fancy feel to it. If you are throwing a company (family) party, you are going to want your venue to be less formal and more fun. Think hard about the message you are trying to send to your event guests and how you can get it across with the environment you choose for your event.

Re: 3 Reasons Why You Don't Need A Large Dance Floor For Your Wedding. by Midekin(m): 9:26am On Apr 16, 2019
D preparation started 5 months to d wedding & d event wasn’t stressful at all. It’s 2 years wedding anniversary today with blessed kids&strong love. Countless years to come...as u believe in Mr.PerfectEvents May God also believe in ur relationship. Atinuke Weds Segun’17.

Re: 3 Reasons Why You Don't Need A Large Dance Floor For Your Wedding. by Midekin(m): 9:28pm On May 21, 2019
As a planner that has experienced different vendors attitude in different events, I think it will be professional and of public benefit to start talking about what you should look out for before hiring some vendors. Today I shall talk about BOUNCERS and what you should consider when hiring them.

There are two kinds of BOUNCERS for events
1. Wedding bouncers
2. Concert/club Bouncers

Never mix the two up when hiring them for the kind of event you are hosting event, remember wedding is hospitable.
Difference between Wedding Bouncers and Concert/club Bouncers

1. Concert Bouncers task guests for tips Wedding Bouncers will never do that
2. Concert Bouncers drink while on duty Wedding Bouncers will never do that
3. Concert Bouncers are too aggressive and always ready to fight Wedding Bouncers are calm and prefers to setting dispute rather than fighting
4. Concert Bouncers doesn't mind their dressing wedding Bouncers always appear in neat uniform/costume and they well groomed
5. Concert Bouncers do not give helping hands to old guests Wedding Bouncers give helping hands to old guests.
6. Concert Bouncers are quick to run home before end of the concert wedding bouncers don't run home, they rather go home until the couple leaves the venue.

So when hiring a vendor, always check well the kind of bouncers you are hring to fit in your event so you wont end up ruining your event with the wrong set of Bouncers.

Am Mr. Perfect Event
With me, the success and smooth planning of your event is guaranteed

(1) (Reply)

Hall Decoration With Chairs Covered For 300 Guest Just N75,000. / Audition Call : Tecno Own The Stage Auditions In Lagos This Saturday!!! / Mini Shisha Hookahs For Sale N3500,portharcourt

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.