Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,395 members, 7,808,390 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 11:23 AM

Need Help On E-commerce Project - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Need Help On E-commerce Project (1097 Views)

E-commerce & How To Make Money Online → Logistics & Order Fulfillment / Free German Dual Vocational Training-lagos Chamber Of Commerce / Why Don't Nigerians Like Using E-commerce? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Need Help On E-commerce Project by carpenter(m): 10:44am On Apr 26, 2007
Hi Nairalanders,

I am a Network/System Administrator where I work. I am supposed to provide Technical/Administrative support for an e-commerce project my company will be embarking on soon (a vendor will be handling it). Unfortunately, I know little about ecommerce (we would like to sell products and services online) and I am having a hard time getting a strategy drawn out. My employers do not know much about IT and assume once something is 'IT' related, an IT personnel should know it. I have taken this upon myself to do my best and would need help to get on with it hoping that the experience will be worth while 'cause sincerely I am not interested (it is way off the career path that I have set for myself). Too bad it is not my call. Kindly assist with anything you can, experiences, notes and encouragements are highly welcome.

Thanks
Re: Need Help On E-commerce Project by sholatech(m): 11:26am On Apr 27, 2007
Is your company going to be providing E-commerce services or just to provide the backend infrastructure for a service provider?

E-commerce is very broad. Are you going to provide the portal for people to log-in and trade in goods and services?
also, is it Web-based or sms based?
Re: Need Help On E-commerce Project by carpenter(m): 4:02pm On Apr 27, 2007
We would be providing ecommerce services to our clients. Actually we do some form of ecommerce already 'cause we receive mails for requests for our products and services and get back to our clients on time. What we want to achieve now it to be able to sell on our website or some other secure website we might be building such that a visitor to the site can make a purchase using a credit card or debit card as the case might be. A portal sounds more like it and like I said earlier it will be web based.

Thank you for ur response, i have learnt something just by reading ur words.
Re: Need Help On E-commerce Project by tEsLim(m): 6:44pm On Apr 28, 2007
If you guys can pay me I'll provide an ecommerce solution that will help catalogue goods and services automatically and accept online payments
Re: Need Help On E-commerce Project by manp1: 10:11pm On Apr 28, 2007
our firm is into e-business mgt and i can help u. i can connect u with one of our e-commerce guys. and definetly he's going to help you out after discussing with him. however, e-commerce is wide but whatever the case my be we can help u out.

however, our Management consultancy firm offers the following consultancy /training courses, in case you're interested in any of them:

1. project management
2. investment management & financial analyst
3. marketing management
4. information systems audit and control/ fraud examination
5. E-business management

PMCONSULTINGS powered by APAN MUELT CONSULTS
NIZAK BUILDING
44, AKANRO STREET ILASAMAJA, LAGOS STATE, NIGERIA.

BEST REGARDS
SAMUEL
Re: Need Help On E-commerce Project by carpenter(m): 10:28am On Apr 30, 2007
I will get back to you guys soon. Thank you for your posts
Re: Need Help On E-commerce Project by carpenter(m): 2:16pm On May 02, 2007
I need to know what my options are as regards the project. What do i need?

A secure website
An account with interswitch and paypal
Which companies can implement such a project in Nigeria

what are my options? All I need is a plan to get started.

(1) (Reply)

Access Bank Shares / Plan After Msc / Your Advice Is Highly Needed

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.