Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,943 members, 7,817,768 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 07:07 PM

Van Gaal: Former Manchester United, Barcelona And Ajax Manager Retires - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Van Gaal: Former Manchester United, Barcelona And Ajax Manager Retires (401 Views)

Barcelona And PSG Agree Neymar Transfer Fee, Dembele May Be Included / Barcelona And PSG Meet To Discuss Neymar Deal / Neymar Faces Tough Trial For Move To Barcelona, And Could Spend 6 Years In Jail (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Van Gaal: Former Manchester United, Barcelona And Ajax Manager Retires by LifestyleTonite: 3:32pm On Mar 12, 2019
Former Manchester United manager, Luis Van Gaal has retired from football. The Dutchman made the announcement early today with tributes pouring in from some of the players he's managed in his career.

Van Gaal's first coaching job with Ajax saw him win three Eredivisie titles, the Uefa Cup, Uefa Super Cup, Intercontinental Cup and a Dutch Cup to his Champions League success in 1995.

Van Gaal also won the Super Cup with Barcelona, along with two La Liga titles and the Copa del Rey. He went on to win Eredivisie with AZ and the German league-and-cup double with Bayern Munich.

"I am a pensioner now," Van Gall told Dutch TV show VTBL on Monday.

"I have no ambition to be a technical director or a TV pundit.

"My wife Truus gave up her job for me 22 years ago and followed me when I went abroad. I told her I would quit as a coach when I turned 55 but instead kept going until I was 65.

"She is entitled to have a life with me outside of football. I can say she is very happy. I think I could have worked as a technical director."

Tributes have poured in from some youngsters at Manchester United whom he gave the chance to showcase themselves.

Marcus Rashford:

"Thank you for opening the door and trusting in me. Enjoy retirement boss".

Anthony Martial:

"Thanks for everything coach!! It was an honour to learn from you!"

And Chris Smalling:"Enjoy your retirement boss."

https://lailasnews.com/van-gaal-retires/

Cc lalasticlala

Re: Van Gaal: Former Manchester United, Barcelona And Ajax Manager Retires by kleverley(m): 3:40pm On Mar 12, 2019
FTC thank u lvg hero indeed
happy retirement

(1) (Reply)

A’ibom Info Comm, Charles Udoh, Amokachi, Eguavoen, Adepoju To Face Puyol / Ten Most Funny Penalties In Football Ever / .

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.