Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,209 members, 7,953,774 topics. Date: Friday, 20 September 2024 at 05:42 AM

Boeing Is Going To Update The Control Software On The 737 MAX - Travel (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Boeing Is Going To Update The Control Software On The 737 MAX (15429 Views)

Several Boeing 737 Max 8 Pilots In U.S. Complained About Suspected Safety Flaw / Air Peace Issues A Statement On Boeing 737 Max 8 Order. / No Boeing 737 Max 8 Flying In Nigerian Airspace, Says NCAA (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Boeing Is Going To Update The Control Software On The 737 MAX by Nobody: 9:13am On Mar 13, 2019
ReeLoaDead:
No 737-Max operating in the US has crashed and so why should they ground it? Their pilots are well trained ...
That's not the reason, Boeing is an America company, u don't expect them to ground their products, from some articles I read, even the American pilots are not aware of the new software boeing included to the plane.

3 Likes

Re: Boeing Is Going To Update The Control Software On The 737 MAX by Nobody: 9:20am On Mar 13, 2019
announcement:

Thank u. I believe if Boeing is really at fault on this trust the whites they would had dragged Boeing to court. If I read the write up from Boeing well, the software was to solve a problem based on d design of the aircraft which it actually does. Every pilot is supposed to train on all new model of inventions of aircraft before using did the pilots handling those 737 max train b4 using them? Or did the airline companies pay the million of dollars they are supposed to pay to train these pilots to learn to use this new version of aircraft?. Or they boycotted all these procedures? I really feel for the families of the lost ones.
Which white?
China, uk, and all big names has ground Boeing max 8, apart from America because its an American product, so which white are you talking about.

1 Like

Re: Boeing Is Going To Update The Control Software On The 737 MAX by slack: 9:21am On Mar 13, 2019
[quote author=AgreatMan post=76607202]Yen yen yen.

These idiots knew their plane has a fault which makes the plane to nosedive. They didn't inform the pilots n instruct them how to handle the issue.

They issued a manual on how to overide the MCAS. But unfortunately it is not boeings job to train the airlines pilots. This new generation pilots rely too much on computers. All this systems have fail safe, but mostly airlines want to save cost and hopes nothing bad happens

1 Like

Re: Boeing Is Going To Update The Control Software On The 737 MAX by Nobody: 9:30am On Mar 13, 2019
[b][/b]
Rexnegro:
God please protect us all ...it's well ,
Re: Boeing Is Going To Update The Control Software On The 737 MAX by ghettochild4u(m): 9:32am On Mar 13, 2019
handsomeyinka:
I don’t trust this mother fuckers gambling with our lives...if I have my way,I will enter vanagon bus from Muritala Mohammed airport to newyork...Play kwam1 and pasuma all through the journey,stock up my vanagon with Hennessy and Nkwobi.

Why not drive ur damn vanagon to america
Re: Boeing Is Going To Update The Control Software On The 737 MAX by bumzylongs: 9:58am On Mar 13, 2019
I like boeing because it's tecnology nowadays focus on the relialibity of the operation for the pilots. For Boeing, the pilot is not only the responsible for the flight, but it's an ally in the safety of his plane operations.
Airbus focus more in automation without interference, that results in legal issues: system protections and reliability that really overrides the pilot's decision and instinct in some cases, assuming that the pilot will eventually screw up.
In a small anecdote: Airbus is a lawyer firm that makes planes. Boeing is a aerospace company that makes planes for passengers and pilots.
However, Airbus cockpits are much more confortable than Boeing's, (since they use sidestick rather than the old classy plane flight control W between the pilot's legs), but the operational factor for me makes a whole lot of difference.
It's nice when the Auto Throttle and the Yoke moves by itself when the autopilot is engaged, because it gives the pilot a true sense on what is it doing. And also, the autothrottle moves and can be overriden any time without disengaging it's system.
Airbus has no feedback whatsoever and no override avaiable in the throttle levers. To interfere, i have to disengage the auto thrust system.
But there's no comparison whatsoever on the handling factor of the plane, e.g, when both planes have hydraulic failures: Boeing is easier to control and faster to solve. Airbus is a mess to control and a dual hydraulic failure (even if it's rare to happen) takes about 45 to 50 minutes to solve before you are fully ready to land.
Those who think that Technology dominating the airplane is better and more secure should first investigate how many faults resulted in fatal accidents within these two manufacturers before saying that "it would delete the chances of human error".
Human error is a great argument to the media after an accident since the pilot isn't around to defend him/herself, and the accident investigators are limited to facts, not assumptions or interpretations. Today pilots are being faced with the legal issue of being real pilots or system operators, and this is being a big problem since real manual flight training (from the flight school) is being less and less teached and replaced by simulators or electronic systems that flies the plane

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Boeing Is Going To Update The Control Software On The 737 MAX by madgoat(m): 10:08am On Mar 13, 2019
Lexusgs430:
Software's by it's very nature, can always go wrong..... Why they altered the orientation of the aeroplanes engine placement, is truly terrifying and would be blamed for all crashes that ever occurs again .......

It puts a chill on frequent flyers minds...... Make man just ensure for each trip, travel insurance is always arranged..... At least if i die, i no die for nothing............. cheesy

Mumu, u dat u have never seen the inside of a plane before.
Re: Boeing Is Going To Update The Control Software On The 737 MAX by john650(m): 10:11am On Mar 13, 2019
Medicine after death.
Re: Boeing Is Going To Update The Control Software On The 737 MAX by john650(m): 10:22am On Mar 13, 2019
While no American airlines have grounded the MAX 8, the British Government is not having any of it. Not only have they grounded any British airlines from flying the MAX 8, they have restricted any foreign airline from flying the MAX 8 over British airspace until further notice.

2 Likes

Re: Boeing Is Going To Update The Control Software On The 737 MAX by john650(m): 10:24am On Mar 13, 2019
While no American airline has grounded the MAX 8, the British Government is not having any of it. Not only have they grounded all British airlines from flying the MAX 8, they have restricted any foreign airline from flying the MAX 8 over British airspace until further notice.
Re: Boeing Is Going To Update The Control Software On The 737 MAX by SEGLIZ: 10:26am On Mar 13, 2019
AgreatMan:
Yen yen yen.

These idiots knew their plane has a fault which makes the plane to nosedive. They didn't inform the pilots n instruct them how to handle the issue. They didn't tell the public that the planes are flying coffin. But now that every airline has banned their carton, they want to update.

But why do I feel there is an impending crash on one of those Air Peace planes? That airline is a horror show.

They will delay your flight by 8 hours n your one hour flight is actually a special prayer session because they will ensure they properly traumatize u. And the end, you will just ask yourself, "why didn't I just take Ekene Motors?"

If I have the means, I will never allow that stupid airline fly over my house let alone board one.

I can't but keep laughing over - "flying coffin", "banned their carton", "That airline is a horror show.", " "why didn't I just take Ekene Motors?"
and that your last line "If I have the means, I will never allow that stupid airline fly over my house let alone board one."
I keep laughing over those lines on yours, though I've never been onboard a plane before so can say how it feels like, but back when lived in Lagos standing in front if my house at egbeda you will read about the tiniest inscription on the planes body while land at the international wing but the days I found myself at mafoluku that was scary seeing a plane fly directly above my head.

2 Likes

Re: Boeing Is Going To Update The Control Software On The 737 MAX by AgreatMan: 10:32am On Mar 13, 2019
[quote author=slack post=76611886][/quote]

Well, in my earlier post regarding this incident, I have opined that inexperience could have caused it. Just confirmed it now on CNBC. The co-pilot on that plane has only 200 flight hours. If he was a US co-pilot, he needs 1500 flight hours before he can be in that position. Apparently, according to experts, an experienced co-pilot is needed for some sort of "plane stability" during flight.

The system can actually be turned if, n it's even easy to turn it off. In the midst of panic,an experienced flight crew would have stepped up because that's what they r especially trained to do.

It doesn't change the fact that that airplane's software is a mess by design.

1 Like

Re: Boeing Is Going To Update The Control Software On The 737 MAX by Lexusgs430: 10:35am On Mar 13, 2019
madgoat:

Mumu, u dat u have never seen the inside of a plane before.

I would make you sad, I have flown 6 international flights within the past 2 months.............

Don't think everyone is a church - rat............

2 Likes

Re: Boeing Is Going To Update The Control Software On The 737 MAX by announcement: 11:31am On Mar 13, 2019
charliboy654:

Which white?
China, uk, and all big names has ground Boeing max 8, apart from America because its an American product, so which white are you talking about.

Pls read my statement properly before quoting.OK?
Re: Boeing Is Going To Update The Control Software On The 737 MAX by mechanics(m): 11:43am On Mar 13, 2019
Rexnegro:
God please protect us all ...it's well ,
Amen.
Re: Boeing Is Going To Update The Control Software On The 737 MAX by handsomeyinka(m): 11:56am On Mar 13, 2019
upsonn:

I 4 like your post for fact that you mentioned pasuma. I no go like am. Lolz.
Lol
Re: Boeing Is Going To Update The Control Software On The 737 MAX by handsomeyinka(m): 11:56am On Mar 13, 2019
ghettochild4u:

Why not drive ur damn vanagon to america
Na yankee no be only America...lol
Re: Boeing Is Going To Update The Control Software On The 737 MAX by deepwater(f): 12:04pm On Mar 13, 2019
jaxxy:
There is no reason a brandnew airplane should have such a fatal error unexpectedly.

They need to be sure of the exact reason or cause for this. They now have two cases to compare with even though sadly.

You are wrong bro, these stuffs comes with alot of defects from the yard!
Hence the warranty regime begins at delivery
Re: Boeing Is Going To Update The Control Software On The 737 MAX by SIRTee15: 12:08pm On Mar 13, 2019
charliboy654:

That's not the reason, Boeing is an America company, u don't expect them to ground their products, from some articles I read, even the American pilots are not aware of the new software boeing included to the plane.
To be fair all American politicians have called fro the 737 max to be grounded....
Trump had even said airplane should be manually controlled....
Airline crew union in America has announced their members are not safe working in 737 max....
American pilots association have assured pilots no one would be forced to drive the model ...
Even airlines have told the American public they can change their tickets without extra cost.....
Only FAA is doing strong head....
The truth is there's a flaw design with 737 max that should be investigated....
Boeing should ask itself if the fuel efficiency of just 14% is worth all this risk n public embarrassment....

For the guy yarning dust about well trained pilots....
2 accidents of a new plane model says a lot about the quality of training boeing gives the pilots who handles the plane.....
Manuals shouldn't be difficult to interprete, errors should be easily noticed n easily reversed if need be....
That's the essence of technology....
U don't need to be Albert Einstein to drive a plane....
Maybe trump is right after all....let pilots drive planes not software.....

2 Likes

Re: Boeing Is Going To Update The Control Software On The 737 MAX by jaxxy(m): 12:14pm On Mar 13, 2019
deepwater:

You are wrong bro, these stuffs comes with alot of defects from the yard!
Hence the warranty regime begins at delivery

An air plane with factory defects is highly dangerous than a car with factory defects. A company with experience and expertise like Boeing shud know better. Not defects that makes the plane fall from the sky pls.
Re: Boeing Is Going To Update The Control Software On The 737 MAX by Slimpotter(m): 12:40pm On Mar 13, 2019
sexiestharam:
America is such an hypocritical nation. Is it not shocking that a country that will normally be the first to have grounded the plane model hasn't because it is an American product? Whether the model is updated or not, most countries will never use the model again because there is no guarantee that the software update will prevent another crash. America the hypocritical nation!
I've been waiting for a reasonable comment like this. That country is full of hypocrisy. if It was a Russian or Chinese made airplane, I'm sure they would have started barking sanctions like a dog on them. Nobody should even buy their planes again. This is a bad PR situation, but they're trying to stage manage it. Useless country.

1 Like

Re: Boeing Is Going To Update The Control Software On The 737 MAX by jesmond3945: 1:39pm On Mar 13, 2019
announcement:

Thank u. I believe if Boeing is really at fault on this trust the whites they would had dragged Boeing to court. If I read the write up from Boeing well, the software was to solve a problem based on d design of the aircraft which it actually does. Every pilot is supposed to train on all new model of inventions of aircraft before using did the pilots handling those 737 max train b4 using them? Or did the airline companies pay the million of dollars they are supposed to pay to train these pilots to learn to use this new version of aircraft?. Or they boycotted all these procedures? I really feel for the families of the lost ones.
the problem is that technology is growing very fast but how much can keep up training people everyday. If you graduate as a pilot today by tommorow you might not even drive a plane anymore because some of the operations you know can now be done by software. If you learn the software tommorow another version you have to learn would come up. Is it not better to concentrate on the mechanical aspects of things than allowing AI to do the piloting.
Re: Boeing Is Going To Update The Control Software On The 737 MAX by derealj(m): 1:45pm On Mar 13, 2019
MCAS was never supposed to have been introduced. It was used to correct a mistake. It's just like a pillar used to support a faulty deck. Left for me Boeing should remodel the Max 8, or just scrap it and leave us with the dreamliners.

2 Likes

Re: Boeing Is Going To Update The Control Software On The 737 MAX by ib4real95(m): 1:49pm On Mar 13, 2019
jesmond3945:
the problem is that technology is growing very fast but how much can keep up training people everyday. If you graduate as a pilot today by tommorow you might not even drive a plane anymore because some of the operations you know can now be done by software. If you learn the software tommorow another version you have to learn would come up. Is it not better to concentrate on the mechanical aspects of things than allowing AI to do the piloting.
Fly
Re: Boeing Is Going To Update The Control Software On The 737 MAX by OyinbowithaTan(m): 2:17pm On Mar 13, 2019
Pilot training on new aircrafts is critical. The Lion Air 737 had faulty air speed indications of multiple flights prior to the crash but the pilots knew what to do it seems. Changing the software to increase or limit what to plane can do on autopilot make sense, what ever that is. Years ago there was a change with the 737 300 to 400. A 737 experienced a blown engine or it caught fire, pilots put the fire out and transferred the fuel to the other engine. However they made a mistake, they transferred the fuel to the non working engine. In the older model the transfer process is opposite the newer model and they were unaware of this. So the plane crashed. There is almost always pilot error in these accidents.
Re: Boeing Is Going To Update The Control Software On The 737 MAX by ReeLoaDead(m): 2:22pm On Mar 13, 2019
charliboy654:

OK fair enough- I see your point.
Re: Boeing Is Going To Update The Control Software On The 737 MAX by sexiestharam(f): 4:45pm On Mar 13, 2019
Slimpotter:

I've been waiting for a reasonable comment like this. That country is full of hypocrisy. if It was a Russian or Chinese made airplane, I'm sure they would have started barking sanctions like a dog on them. Nobody should even buy their planes again. This is a bad PR situation, but they're trying to stage manage it. Useless country.
lol
Re: Boeing Is Going To Update The Control Software On The 737 MAX by naptu2: 5:23pm On Mar 13, 2019
Several Boeing 737 Max 8 Pilots In The US Complained About Suspected Safety Flaw.

https://www.nairaland.com/5077184/several-boeing-737-max-8
Re: Boeing Is Going To Update The Control Software On The 737 MAX by abbiboy: 6:04pm On Mar 13, 2019
Hector09:
Everyone is blaiming the aircraft, it might be frm the pilots

Ignorance.. Plane re on auto pilot wen on air..stop shifting blame,737 max is a coffin in airplane shape.
Re: Boeing Is Going To Update The Control Software On The 737 MAX by madgoat(m): 8:57pm On Mar 13, 2019
Lexusgs430:

I would make you sad, I have flown 6 international flights within the past 2 months.............

Don't think everyone is a church - rat............

In ur dreams grin grin grin
Dreamer... grin grin grin grin
Re: Boeing Is Going To Update The Control Software On The 737 MAX by Lexusgs430: 9:03pm On Mar 13, 2019
madgoat:

In ur dreams grin grin grin
Dreamer... grin grin grin grin

I don't have to further justify my position............. While you keep dreaming of dreamliners, I shall keep collecting Air Miles................

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Smoke In Arik Air Plane Forces Pilot To Make Emergency Landing In Ghana / British Airways Overshot Runway At Abuja International Airport / Customs’ Vehicle Loses Control In Katsina, Kills 5 People, Injures Others

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.