Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,901 members, 7,817,669 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 04:51 PM

President Buhari – I Want To Leave Behind A Legacy Of Free, Fair Elections - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / President Buhari – I Want To Leave Behind A Legacy Of Free, Fair Elections (576 Views)

Oyetola: I Leave Behind ₦‎14 Billion Cash, Paid ₦‎97b Debt Without Borrowing / You think Buhari’s Administration Can Deliver free, fair elections? - Al-Jazeera / Buhari: I Came Into Office On 19th Of May 2015 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

President Buhari – I Want To Leave Behind A Legacy Of Free, Fair Elections by wakacome27: 11:28pm On Mar 12, 2019
President Buhari has declared that he would want to be remembered as a leader who kept his word that elections in Nigeria must be free, fair and credible.

Receiving Governor Aminu Bello Masari of Katsina State, who came to formally inform him of his election victory in last Saturday’s Governorship poll, the President commended Nigerians who heeded to his pre-election appeals to cast their votes peacefully.

The President who described last Saturday’s Governorship and State Assembly elections across the country as largely successful said:

‘‘I have maintained a position that elections must be free and fair and people have the right to make their choices and vote their consciences. I am happy they understood the message and did just that.

‘‘Power is a public trust that belongs to the people. Power is not by strength or wisdom but by Providence. Elected persons must be fair and just. This is the legacy I want to leave behind. A leader must be fair and just. All leaders should strive to do that.’’

SOURCE: https://www.kulichang.com.ng/president-buhari-want-leave-behind-legacy-free-fair-elections-nigeria/

Re: President Buhari – I Want To Leave Behind A Legacy Of Free, Fair Elections by slivertongue: 12:12am On Mar 13, 2019
GMB is a joke
Re: President Buhari – I Want To Leave Behind A Legacy Of Free, Fair Elections by SHAKABOOM: 2:41am On Mar 13, 2019
Is dis man sick in the head or he is trying to be funny?
Re: President Buhari – I Want To Leave Behind A Legacy Of Free, Fair Elections by bishopkay: 3:08am On Mar 13, 2019
God punish this bastard! Ogun kee you there! Shebi una dey see una Intergrity? Seeing the glaring truth and deliberately believing the lie! Well Nigerians welcome to your next level... #BagsPackedAlready I go soon dey update una my Waka from this hell hole
Re: President Buhari – I Want To Leave Behind A Legacy Of Free, Fair Elections by Monjerk: 6:09am On Mar 13, 2019
You want to.

Or you have already conducted an election filled with tears and blood.

Not sure if you are aware of what is going on right now.
Re: President Buhari – I Want To Leave Behind A Legacy Of Free, Fair Elections by GeeOh(f): 6:14am On Mar 13, 2019
With APC INEC
Re: President Buhari – I Want To Leave Behind A Legacy Of Free, Fair Elections by icebird25(m): 6:56am On Mar 13, 2019
I don't understand... Is this man trying to be funny or what?....free and fair election indeed
Re: President Buhari – I Want To Leave Behind A Legacy Of Free, Fair Elections by Racoon(m): 7:00am On Mar 13, 2019
With Buhari's deliberate failure to sign the better 2019 electoral act into law? This man is always sounding very silly with no focal direction. angry
Re: President Buhari – I Want To Leave Behind A Legacy Of Free, Fair Elections by blackpanda: 7:23am On Mar 13, 2019
bishopkay:
God punish this bastard! Ogun kee you there! Shebi una dey see una Intergrity? Seeing the glaring truth and deliberately believing the lie! Well Nigerians welcome to your next level... #BagsPackedAlready I go soon dey update una my Waka from this hell hole

Buhari still remains the best democratic President so far. PDP tried to rig, tried to buy judiciary, used blackmail, lies and fake news. But buhari not only resisted but also showed unprecedented restraint. Sai baba
Re: President Buhari – I Want To Leave Behind A Legacy Of Free, Fair Elections by Nobody: 7:42am On Mar 13, 2019
blackpanda:

Buhari still remains the best democratic President so far. PDP tried to rig, tried to buy judiciary, used blackmail, lies and fake news. But buhari not only resisted but also showed unprecedented restraint. Sai baba
Be ready for another 4 years of hardship
Re: President Buhari – I Want To Leave Behind A Legacy Of Free, Fair Elections by blackpanda: 9:39am On Mar 13, 2019
asuustrike1:

Be ready for another 4 years of hardship

we were never enjoying under pdp

at least we get infrastructure now
Re: President Buhari – I Want To Leave Behind A Legacy Of Free, Fair Elections by Nobody: 9:43am On Mar 13, 2019
blackpanda:

we were never enjoying under pdp

at least we get infrastructure now
Which infrastructure? No good economic planning you are talking of infrastructure. Infrastructures that restricted to selected areas I suppose
Re: President Buhari – I Want To Leave Behind A Legacy Of Free, Fair Elections by Foolishbuhari: 9:51am On Mar 13, 2019
blackpanda:

I really wished I had a response for you but like the holy book says, you don't cast pearls to swine!

(1) (Reply)

Imo Governorship Election: APC Candidate Hope Uzodinma Heads To Court. / There’s A Plot To Cripple Me Politically- Okorocha Cries Out / Islamophobia In Nigeria:

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.