Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,753 members, 7,824,160 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 01:29 AM

What Would You Tell Patrick Kaduna Nzeogwu - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / What Would You Tell Patrick Kaduna Nzeogwu (492 Views)

Can Someone Explain Why Kaduna Nzeogwu Is Igbo But His Village Is Not Igboland? / Biography Of Kaduna Nzeogwu By Olusegun Obasanjo / Remembering Kaduna Nzeogwu By Deji Yesufu (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Would You Tell Patrick Kaduna Nzeogwu by hinwazaka: 7:53am On Mar 13, 2019
If you had a time machine and could go back in time to days before the january coup and visit nzeogwu.

What would be your advice to him.

Below are excerpts from his coup speech
You are hereby warned that looting, arson,
homosexuality, rape, embezzlement, bribery or
corruption, obstruction of the revolution,
sabotage, subversion, false alarms and assistance
to foreign invaders, are all offences punishable by
death sentence.

My dear countrymen, no citizen should have
anything to fear, so long as that citizen is law
abiding and if that citizen has religiously obeyed
the native laws of the country and those set
down in every heart and conscience since 1st
October, 1960. Our enemies are the political profiteers, the swindlers, the men in high and
low places that seek bribes and demand 10 per
cent; those that seek to keep the country divided
permanently so that they can remain in office as
ministers or VIPs at least, the tribalists, the
nepotists, those that make the country look big for nothing before international circles, those that
have corrupted our society and put the Nigerian
political calendar back by their words and deeds.
Like good soldiers we are not promising
anything miraculous or spectacular. But what we
do promise every law abiding citizen is freedom from fear and all forms of oppression, freedom
from general inefficiency and freedom to live and
strive in every field of human endeavour, both
nationally and internationally. We promise that
you will know more be ashamed to say that you
are a Nigerian.

I leave you with a message of good wishes and
ask for your support at all times, so that our land,
watered by the Niger and Benue, between the
sandy wastes and gulf of guinea, washed in salt
by the mighty Atlantic, shall not detract Nigeria
from gaining sway in any great aspect of international endeavour.

Whatever flaws he had and whatever misgivings
anyone has about Major Nzeogwu, what cannot
be denied is that he carried out Nigeria’s first
coup against corruption and misrule at those
early stages when corruption and misrule was
beginning to eat into the fabric of the nation.

Note: This is not a hate speech thread.
I'm just thinking out aloud.

Re: What Would You Tell Patrick Kaduna Nzeogwu by noni14(m): 7:58am On Mar 13, 2019
i won't tell him anything
Re: What Would You Tell Patrick Kaduna Nzeogwu by osinbanjoisaliar: 8:07am On Mar 13, 2019
I would give him my own list of troublesome people for deleting. This is my list for nzeogwu.
. Soldier from daura
. Tin
. Oshio
. Okoroc
. Lai
. Muritala
. Abacha
. MKO
E.T.C

1 Like

Re: What Would You Tell Patrick Kaduna Nzeogwu by slivertongue: 8:11am On Mar 13, 2019
never again
Re: What Would You Tell Patrick Kaduna Nzeogwu by Ojiofor: 8:16am On Mar 13, 2019
Patric Nzeogwu was a naive young soldier.
Re: What Would You Tell Patrick Kaduna Nzeogwu by Nobody: 9:08am On Mar 13, 2019
he should have retired and joined politics. His actions is the reason why igbos are being marginalised today.

1 Like

Re: What Would You Tell Patrick Kaduna Nzeogwu by gidgiddy: 9:17am On Mar 13, 2019
At the time Nzeogwu carried out his coup, coups were sweeping all over Africa. In West Africa, every country fell to military coup with the exception of Cameroon

As much as I don't support anyone plotting a coup, especially against a democratically elected government, Nzeogwus coup was the only coup in Nigeria that was genuinely aimed at rescuing Nigeria from decay.

Nigeria was already in crises before the coup

1 Like

Re: What Would You Tell Patrick Kaduna Nzeogwu by Racoon(m): 9:22am On Mar 13, 2019
Welcome sir.More of Kaduna Nzeogwus in today's Nigeria.
Re: What Would You Tell Patrick Kaduna Nzeogwu by Nobody: 9:30am On Mar 13, 2019
osinbanjoisaliar:
I would give him my own list of troublesome people for deleting. This is my list for nzeogwu.
. Soldier from daura
. Tin
. Oshio
. Okoroc
. Lai
. Muritala
. Abacha
. MKO
E.T.C

Just like the idiot Nzeogwu, the people you want killed none is your tribal man. So no igbo man is worth being on the list? Dont mention okorocha cos u people dont see him as one of you.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Bauchi Election: It's Game Over For Bauchi Governor / Rev. Sally Congratulates Kalu, Predicts His Emergence As Senate President / History: The British -igbo War 1893-1914

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.