Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,088 members, 7,818,264 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 11:26 AM

WHEN 1 EQUALS 26 - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / WHEN 1 EQUALS 26 (411 Views)

When 1 Dollars Becomes 15000,I See A Better Nigeria / Tinubu Will Make #1 Equals To $1 / When 1 Equals 26 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

WHEN 1 EQUALS 26 by MajorAnny(m): 9:27am On Mar 13, 2019
Dear Mr. Nsima Ekere, Oron people say "osuene ofo ku usse mkpa" meaning dishonour better occurs when your eyes have closed in death.

Your recent claim that you won in 26 out of 31 LGA in the last governorship elections in the state is, if anything conceding your dignity. Dignity has no price, when someone starts making small concessions of this great virtue by telling lies. In the end, his life loses all meaning.

You are of the science background. No one needs to tell you that in your last 3 consecutive elections APC scores have been very consistent.
(1) Indirect primaries total votes scored 167,896.
(2) Presidential elections 158,788.
(3) Governorship 171,978.

Statistically these numbers have been consistent with what one might term APC members and sympathizers. If APC was a serious party the would have taken the scores after their primaries very seriously. Their leaders should have stepped on their pride and useless propaganda and use this data to go back to the drawing board to study the nature and patterns of the votes and see what corrective actions to take. Rather they were depending and indeed make their members including their foot soldiers to believe and hope on an "mbuto foofoo" called Federal Might". I remember 3 of their core footsoldiers Mr. Utitofon Jeremiah, Imaobong Akapan and Rachel Nseabasi who told me constantly that the scenario would be Akin to the last LG elections conducted by the state. PDP should prepare to go to court. This indicated lack of adequate preparation. There is no way a party with this kind of statistics (plus failed cheating strategy) can win 26 states in a state with over a million voters even at the poorest voters turnout except in a situation of unprecedented rigging (most of which were frustrated). This thing is not rocket science. You lost in all but ONE LGA. It must be very adverse to you considering how long you have desired to be governor but adversity is the trial of principles.

GEJ lost a presidential elections with dignity. So did Saraki who lost even as a sitting Senate President. These are men of honor. Considering your campaign slogan "Akwa Ibom Deserves the Best", this period of adversity in your political career presented a rare opportunity for you to prove yourself. Our best doesn't only come out during period of bliss, in fact it should be more glaring during adversity. But I was shocked to see you on national TV lying defiantly like an arrested Islamic insurgent who has given up all cares. I wept for this state.

The ideal man bears the accidents of life with dignity and grace, making the best of circumstances. My very humble advice to Your Excellency, is that you step on your pride to preserve what is left of your dignity. Forget all those urging you on, they have never loved you. They only use you to advance their personal interest. If they did, they won't encourage you to leave the exaulted position with which God graciously blessed you at NDDC. Recall Dakoko Peterside of NIMASA and your good self were appointed same period, same circumstances but look at him today, look at you. Life is all about contentment. But that is aside. At the rate you are going you may sink because there is only one thing achievable from telling lies, there is only one state perfectly attained when you chose lies as your tool, you only earned dishonor. The election produced two winners and no loser. The winners were democracy and Akwa Ibom people. Call your brother and congratulate him and move on. There is always tomorrow.

(1) (Reply)

Alleged Withdrawals: Imo Doesn’t Have N17bn, Okorocha Tells Ihedioha / 1 / Adamawa Guber: Court Dismisses Suit Seeking To Nullify Election

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.