Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,124 members, 7,811,160 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 03:59 AM

What Is My Chance Of Graduating With 2nd Class Upper? - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / What Is My Chance Of Graduating With 2nd Class Upper? (1011 Views)

Second-class Upper Is Overrated In Nigeria By Deji Yesufu / Man Who Attempted JAMB 8 Times, Graduates With 2nd Class Upper / The Advantages And Disadvantages Of Graduating With Second Class Lower (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Is My Chance Of Graduating With 2nd Class Upper? by YOUNGHAJJI(m): 10:56am On Mar 13, 2019
[hi fellow nairaland, am currently going to 300l in one of federal university of technology in Nigeria which is five years program. my cgpa is now ranging within 3.2, what is my Chance of graduating with 3.5 above?
Re: What Is My Chance Of Graduating With 2nd Class Upper? by Nobody: 11:11am On Mar 13, 2019
U can still graduate with 2:1, in fact, u av nothing to worry abt, just focus n read more.

But all des i wanna make first class, 2:1 tins on NL des days...Hop u guys know its no longer abt dat out there...Good grade is good, bn smart is better...
Re: What Is My Chance Of Graduating With 2nd Class Upper? by Japsylee: 11:13am On Mar 13, 2019
YOUNGHAJJI:
[hi fellow nairaland, am currently going to 300l in one of federal university of technology in Nigeria which is five years program. my cgpa is now ranging within 3.2, what is my Chance of graduating with 3.5 above?

You need to ensure you don't get a C or D or E of course no F from 3rd year till graduation. Focus on A's and B's.

Also you must and I repeat Must have an A in your finally year project cos that's the clincher.

All the best
Re: What Is My Chance Of Graduating With 2nd Class Upper? by YOUNGHAJJI(m): 11:26am On Mar 13, 2019
Japsylee:

You need to ensure you don't get a C or D or E of course no F from 3rd year till graduation. Focus on A's and B's.

Also you must and I repeat Must have an A in your finally year project cos that's the clincher.

All the best
tnx bro

1 Like

Re: What Is My Chance Of Graduating With 2nd Class Upper? by YOUNGHAJJI(m): 11:28am On Mar 13, 2019
sherylbakky:
U can still graduate with 2:1, in fact, u av nothing to worry abt, just focus n read more.

But all des i wanna make first class, 2:1 tins on NL des days...Hop u guys know its no longer abt dat out there...Good grade is good, bn smart is better...
hmmm. tnks. but is better to aim high. why settled for better wen there is best
Re: What Is My Chance Of Graduating With 2nd Class Upper? by Kylekent59: 11:37am On Mar 13, 2019
Japsylee:

All the best

Better tell him the truth; when he graduates from the university, he would see that guy that doesn't come for lectures that graduated with 3rd class, he would see him riding venza and completing his 3 story building. grin grin

The worst part is when the op will be carrying his cert in search for a Job under heavy sun, as he is waiting on a bus, the 3rd class venza guy would offer him a ride and once he reaches his bustop he would say," oya run go make dem no talk say you come late oo" that's life.

The truth is that certificates are just like pure waters, you can find them in many shops or road side hawkers.

MR op, learn a skill, put it in your cv, and get that dream Job.

I have a cousin who graduated with 3rd class and she is working in GTB bank. Her skill got her the job and not her cert.

"No be by certificate but by Sabi-ficate."

Sail well.

3 Likes

Re: What Is My Chance Of Graduating With 2nd Class Upper? by YOUNGHAJJI(m): 11:56am On Mar 13, 2019
Kylekent59:

Better tell him the truth; when he graduates from the university, he would see that guy that doesn't come for lectures that graduated with 3rd class, he would see him riding venza and completing his 3 story building. grin grin

The worst part is when the op will be carrying his cert in search for a Job under heavy sun, as he is waiting on a bus, the 3rd class venza guy would offer him a ride and once he reaches his bustop he would say," oya run go make dem no talk say you come late oo" that's life.

The truth is that certificates are just like pure waters, you can find them in many shops or road side hawkers.

I have a cousin who graduated with 3rd class and she is working in GTB bank. Her skill got her the job and not her cert.

"No be by certificate but by Sabi-ficate."

Sail well.
u are right though
Re: What Is My Chance Of Graduating With 2nd Class Upper? by Rilwayne001: 5:27pm On Mar 13, 2019
Kylekent59:

All these your retortions shows only one thing and it's that you didn't have neither first class nor second PL class upper, the major reason why you're castigating the whole thing.

If at all you're going to mention how grades doesn't determine you getting job easily or getting better than those with 3rd class, you ought to put it last and not as you did here.

Life is a stage by stage, you go to school first before hunting for job. And whereas, the grades doesn't determine it truly if not grace, but definitely it's a prerequisite; a very important one. So you could have told the OP to read hard and try as much as possible to make 2:1 because, the job market is competitive and only those with good grades are considered before those with lower grades are ever thought of. Then you're to tell him that aside the important, it is important that the OP acquire a skill so as to boost his chances of getting the job, because competition in the job market is now the survival of the fittest and not just based on the certificate alone rather what more and more one can offer. Afterwards you can now tell him how grace matters in the hunting too, as those with lower grades and less skills with grace can surpass those with first class.

Good grade on your Certificate is important too, because that's always the first requirement.

I have a cousin who graduated with 3rd class and she is working in GTB bank. Her skill got her the job and not her cert."No be by certificate but by Sabi-ficate."
Sail well.

In the first case, GTBank will not for whatever reason recruit someone will 3rd because I'm certain it's not going to be in the recruitment requirement. Either she attained a masters degree or that they breached the process just to fit her in. Maybe because like you said, she sabi somebody in the system.

Now tell me, is it every student that sabi somebody in the system? No. It's only when you father hold millions of share at gTBank that you can settle for less like 3rd class. But those of us that our father are peasants and our mothers are petty traders who Don't sabi anybody in the government or anyone at any company, it's always good for us to try our best by all means to have a good grade. With that and grace, everything will come good for us.

Besides, I'll like you to tell me the skills the lady acquired before GTBank recruited her. Please.

5 Likes

Re: What Is My Chance Of Graduating With 2nd Class Upper? by Rilwayne001: 5:30pm On Mar 13, 2019
YOUNGHAJJI:

u are right though

He's not entirely right. Unless your parents have connections in high places, anything less than 2:1 will make the labor market a bit hard for you. Plus the need to get some highly recognized certificates that's in line with your field of study.

1 Like

Re: What Is My Chance Of Graduating With 2nd Class Upper? by Kylekent59: 8:44am On Mar 14, 2019
Rilwayne001:

All these your retortions shows only one thing and it's that you didn't have neither first class nor second PL class upper, the major reason why you're castigating the whole thing.

If at all you're going to mention how grades doesn't determine you getting job easily or getting better than those with 3rd class, you ought to put it last and not as you did here.

Life is a stage by stage, you go to school first before hunting for job. And whereas, the grades doesn't determine it truly if not grace, but definitely it's a prerequisite; a very important one. So you could have told the OP to read hard and try as much as possible to make 2:1 because, the job market is competitive and only those with good grades are considered before those with lower grades are ever thought of. Then you're to tell him that aside the important, it is important that the OP acquire a skill so as to boost his chances of getting the job, because competition in the job market is now the survival of the fittest and not just based on the certificate alone rather what more and more one can offer. Afterwards you can now tell him how grace matters in the hunting too, as those with lower grades and less skills with grace can surpass those with first class.

Good grade on your Certificate is important too, because that's always the first requirement.

In the first case, GTBank will not for whatever reason recruit someone will 3rd because I'm certain it's not going to be in the recruitment requirement. Either she attained a masters degree or that they breached the process just to fit her in. Maybe because like you said, she sabi somebody in the system.

Now tell me, is it every student that sabi somebody in the system? No. It's only when you father hold millions of share at gTBank that you can settle for less like 3rd class. But those of us that our father are peasants and our mothers are petty traders who Don't sabi anybody in the government or anyone at any company, it's always good for us to try our best by all means to have a good grade. With that and grace, everything will come good for us.

Besides, I'll like you to tell me the skills the lady acquired before GTBank recruited her. Please.

I knew you won't understand my words.

Let me just put it this way; We all know PDP was taking over and some believed they would win, only to wake up the next day and heard APC won.

The truth must be told, what am I talking about here. I am talking about reality.
Re: What Is My Chance Of Graduating With 2nd Class Upper? by Rilwayne001: 11:09am On Mar 14, 2019
Kylekent59:

I knew you won't understand my words.
Let me just put it this way; We all know PDP was taking over and some believed they would win, only to wake up the next day and heard APC won.
The truth must be told, what am I talking about here. I am talking about reality.

We are both talking about reality bro. 2:1 gives one edge in getting a job than 3rd or 2:2 unless you have connection. But most people don't have connection and so there's need to make at least 2:1 by all means. It's simple thing now.

And please tell me the skill the lady acquired before she entered Gtbank, I'm interested in it because banking is my field and I'm trying to gathers as much skills that'll help when the time comes.

(1) (Reply)

See The Lame Man That Just Concluded His NYSC And Graduated With Good Grade / Why We May Soon Embark On Strike Again — ASUU / The Next Decision

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.