Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,258 members, 7,811,725 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 06:05 PM

Femi Falana Describes The 2019 General Elections As An ‘expensive Joke’ - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Femi Falana Describes The 2019 General Elections As An ‘expensive Joke’ (35567 Views)

"We Are Concerned With 2019 General Elections" - APC To Defectors / IPOB Insists On Boycott Of 2019 General Election / 2019 General Elections Will Cost N242.4bn - Buhari Tells National Assembly (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Femi Falana Describes The 2019 General Elections As An ‘expensive Joke’ by EngrHumble(m): 3:12pm On Mar 13, 2019
Human rights lawyer, Femi Falana (SAN) has
described the 2019 general elections as an
‘expensive joke’.
Falana, who was a guest on Channels
Television’s Sunrise Daily, urged Nigerians to
organize themselves by going back to the
drawing board if the country stands a chance at
having credible elections.
“This country spent over N250 billion
from public purse on this useless
enterprise apart from what each of the
governors and political party spent,
which is more than 250 billion.
If we want to get out of the crisis of
monumental dimension, we need to go
back to the drawing table, beyond the
two major political parties. Nigerians
must organize because this expensive
joke cannot continue.”
On the issue of reported violence across the
country, Falana believes that no matter the
amount of preaching, electoral violence cannot
end, except there is an effort by the human rights
community and the electoral offences tribunal to
follow through the cases after elections.
“We have close to 40 million illiterate
adults, the majority of them are roaming
the street. In such an environment, you
could preach till the second coming of
Christ, but that will not stop people from
getting involved in electoral offences and
other acts of criminality.

All those who have been caught
disrupting our elections are agents of
politicians. The police and security
agencies have arrested in the last 6
months, over 2000 electoral offenders,
what do we do with them, once the
elections are over, our attention will shift
elsewhere.

An electoral offences tribunal are to take
over these cases like the EFCC or ICPC
and investigate them thoroughly and
charge those who have been indicted,
but the suggestion was rejected.
From the human rights community, we
are trying to partner with the police and
the INEC to ensure that we can assemble
young lawyers to take on the prosecution
of the cases of behalf of INEC.

Otherwise, everyone will go back to
business as usual as soon as possible.”
Falana also suggested that the option of ‘E-
Voting’ would be problematic, citing examples of
its use during the elections of the Institute of
Chartered Accountants of Nigeria, ICAN, and the
Nigeria Bar Association NBA.

“Electronic voting is not the solution with
the state of impunity and recklessness in
the country; it is difficult. The EFCC is
now investigating what we now call ‘E-
Rigging’ in the NBA. The E-Voting
system would be problematic because
our political class is rarely prepared for
credible elections,” he maintained.
https://www.lindaikejisblog.com/2019/3/human-rights-lawyer-femi-falana-describes-the-2019-general-elections-as-an-expensive-joke.html

38 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Femi Falana Describes The 2019 General Elections As An ‘expensive Joke’ by Kingspin(m): 3:19pm On Mar 13, 2019
Yakubu is a national fraud.

We all here when APC won majority states in 2015 election, no inconclusive.

All these new inconclusive are nothing but a way Yakubu is given APC second chance.

The court of law needs to start disgracing INEC

174 Likes 20 Shares

Re: Femi Falana Describes The 2019 General Elections As An ‘expensive Joke’ by Xisnin(m): 3:19pm On Mar 13, 2019
All sane Nigerians can see the joke organized under Buhari.
It got so worse that soldiers were snatching ballot box on behalf of polticians.

171 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Femi Falana Describes The 2019 General Elections As An ‘expensive Joke’ by Nobody: 3:20pm On Mar 13, 2019
They'd soon start attacking this man with insults and abusive words. They always see white as black even though its glaring the colour is white. Our youths are amazing grin

79 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Femi Falana Describes The 2019 General Elections As An ‘expensive Joke’ by DauraIsAGoal: 3:24pm On Mar 13, 2019
Fear Yoruba

115 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Femi Falana Describes The 2019 General Elections As An ‘expensive Joke’ by boluwaji9999: 3:24pm On Mar 13, 2019
Nigeria itself is a joke so im not surprised

27 Likes 1 Share

Re: Femi Falana Describes The 2019 General Elections As An ‘expensive Joke’ by Nobody: 3:24pm On Mar 13, 2019
While INEC boss YAKUBU IS THE COMEDIAN. The Kevin Hart of 2019 election.. APC the show organizers, NIGERIANS audience.

74 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Femi Falana Describes The 2019 General Elections As An ‘expensive Joke’ by Mutemenot(m): 3:24pm On Mar 13, 2019
This man that talks anyhow . Tomorrow he 'll speak good of the election

35 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Femi Falana Describes The 2019 General Elections As An ‘expensive Joke’ by izenco2005(m): 3:24pm On Mar 13, 2019
shocked
Re: Femi Falana Describes The 2019 General Elections As An ‘expensive Joke’ by ictjobber: 3:24pm On Mar 13, 2019
Perfect description

I build websites and I'm based in Abuja, See my signature / profile

5 Likes

Re: Femi Falana Describes The 2019 General Elections As An ‘expensive Joke’ by sammyj: 3:24pm On Mar 13, 2019
But Atiku no go enter that Aso rock again na only see he go see am !! grin

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Femi Falana Describes The 2019 General Elections As An ‘expensive Joke’ by Skepticus: 3:24pm On Mar 13, 2019
cool

Falana just mentioned 40 million illiterates?

He forgot to mention the 80 million more EDUCATED AND CIVILIZED illiterate adults who have constitute more danger by using their education and knowledge to embolden and justify the evil characters that have been ruling us.

54 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Femi Falana Describes The 2019 General Elections As An ‘expensive Joke’ by tommykiwi(m): 3:24pm On Mar 13, 2019
It is more than an expensive joke!

These APChit govt is the scam of the century.

27 Likes 1 Share

Re: Femi Falana Describes The 2019 General Elections As An ‘expensive Joke’ by PhenomenalMorgan(m): 3:24pm On Mar 13, 2019
Yes oh, re-electing buhari is a serious expensive joke!!
All the people who contributed to the joke would start realising how serious things becomes very soon...

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Femi Falana Describes The 2019 General Elections As An ‘expensive Joke’ by Olukat(m): 3:25pm On Mar 13, 2019
It's the greatest electoral fraud against mankind shocked
Yakubu deserves eternal rest if it were to be the Chinese angry

19 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Femi Falana Describes The 2019 General Elections As An ‘expensive Joke’ by thatigboman: 3:25pm On Mar 13, 2019
Kingspin:
Yakubu is a national fraud
God bless u. A monumental fraud

24 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Femi Falana Describes The 2019 General Elections As An ‘expensive Joke’ by Nobody: 3:25pm On Mar 13, 2019
Like someone above just said, Nigeria itself is a joke

8 Likes

Re: Femi Falana Describes The 2019 General Elections As An ‘expensive Joke’ by guru03(m): 3:26pm On Mar 13, 2019
Some gullible Magots will start telling us the president is Mr integrity.

30 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Femi Falana Describes The 2019 General Elections As An ‘expensive Joke’ by Nobody: 3:26pm On Mar 13, 2019
Mr Femi u r right

An expensive joke taken too far

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Femi Falana Describes The 2019 General Elections As An ‘expensive Joke’ by MadeInTokyo: 3:26pm On Mar 13, 2019
grin
Re: Femi Falana Describes The 2019 General Elections As An ‘expensive Joke’ by KidsNEXTdoor: 3:26pm On Mar 13, 2019
Even Buhari himself is a joke

Tell me why he can't organise an expensive joke of an election

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Femi Falana Describes The 2019 General Elections As An ‘expensive Joke’ by GoodGodmykeeper(m): 3:27pm On Mar 13, 2019
A joke indeed.

CHECK MY SIGNATURE

4 Likes

Re: Femi Falana Describes The 2019 General Elections As An ‘expensive Joke’ by wifeesnatcher(m): 3:27pm On Mar 13, 2019
falana with his instability. I missed Gani Fawehinmi very consistent and fearless patriot

continue to rest in peace baba and let your good work influence sense in falana head

expecting Atiku to fall in his hand so that he can chop his own national cake too cheesy

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Femi Falana Describes The 2019 General Elections As An ‘expensive Joke’ by OmoManU: 3:27pm On Mar 13, 2019
This is not about the electoral umpire or the process, the actual players which is the politicians, for us to move forward, we no to call spade what spade is.

For me, INEC tried all what they could but for the idiotic politicians to spoil the whole process

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Femi Falana Describes The 2019 General Elections As An ‘expensive Joke’ by kufre2010: 3:27pm On Mar 13, 2019
One of the many wonders of INEC and APC in Kaduna State:

Accredited Voters: 1,428,895
APC: 1,044,710
PDP: 815,168

Total - 1,858,875.

Now, from the above, void votes are not recorded, the votes of the minor parties are not recorded yet, INEC has a super rising figure above the accredited votes after the end of the election.

Buharig only came to steal, to kill and to destroy.

Nothing is more corrupt than rigging of elections and no man is more corrupt than being a rigger. Buharig is too corrupt.
Nigeria is in a sorry State.

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Femi Falana Describes The 2019 General Elections As An ‘expensive Joke’ by rattlesnake(m): 3:27pm On Mar 13, 2019
Nigeria problem na hausa

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Femi Falana Describes The 2019 General Elections As An ‘expensive Joke’ by Pulsenaija: 3:27pm On Mar 13, 2019
A FRIEND OF MINE TOLD ME TO JOIN *PulsenaijaTv* ON WHATSAPP I REJECTED AT FIRST BUT I CHANGED MY MIND LATER TO JOIN,
SINCE THAT DAY I'VE BEEN ENJOYING ALL THESE BENEFITS.... ��

*_Wow! PulsenaijaTv is The Best_*�‍♂

_I want you to join and enjoy all these benefits.._

Join *PulsenaijaTv* (THE MOST FUNNIEST WHATSAPP TV) � Today for *Memes from naija top memes creators* Naija Music | Gist | Videos | Ways To Make Money Online and Lot of AIRTIME GIVEAWAYS (MTN, AIRTEL, GLO AND ETISALAT)*
⭕ Click the link below to Join�
https:///send?phone=2349021948292&text=I%20want%20To%20Join%20*PulsenaijaTv*%20My%20Name%20Is%20..............%20
⭕ Send your *name*
⭕Then Save their number as *PulsenaijaTv*
Re: Femi Falana Describes The 2019 General Elections As An ‘expensive Joke’ by canalily(m): 3:28pm On Mar 13, 2019
this.Falana.is.too.expensive.wheneaver.he.speakswink
Re: Femi Falana Describes The 2019 General Elections As An ‘expensive Joke’ by Pat4321: 3:28pm On Mar 13, 2019
DauraIsAGoal:
Fear Yoruba
Another evil tribalist is here again

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Femi Falana Describes The 2019 General Elections As An ‘expensive Joke’ by kufre2010: 3:28pm On Mar 13, 2019
One of the many wonders of INEC and APC in Kaduna State:

Accredited Voters: 1,428,895
APC: 1,044,710
PDP: 815,168

Total - 1,858,875.

Now, from the above, void votes are not recorded, the votes of the minor parties are not recorded yet, INEC has a super rising figure above the accredited votes after the end of the election.

Buharig only came to steal, to kill and to destroy.

Nothing is more corrupt than rigging of elections and no man is more corrupt than being a rigger. Buharig is too corrupt.
Nigeria is in a sorry State.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Bola Tinubu In Makurdi To Receive Honorary Doctorate Degree (Photos) / "How We Stopped Buhari From Coming To Enugu" – IPOB / Thugs Imported From Edo Nabbed In Akwa Ibom Few Hours To Elections. Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.