Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,895 members, 7,817,630 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 03:55 PM

Ambode visits scene of school building collapse in Lagos Island - Properties (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Ambode visits scene of school building collapse in Lagos Island (44207 Views)

Photos From The Scene Of The Ikoyi Building Collapse (Graphic) / Lagos School Building: Before Collapse And After The Collapse (Photos) / Many Pupils Still Trapped In Lagos School Building Collapse (photos, Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ambode visits scene of school building collapse in Lagos Island by Brownshugar69: 4:41pm On Mar 13, 2019
Femich18:
What an eyesore, I just hope no life will be lost at the end of the day

You nor sabi read. Children have died already
Re: Ambode visits scene of school building collapse in Lagos Island by getbizy: 4:43pm On Mar 13, 2019
Opistorincos:
If na better country, plenty rescue agencies gor don dey ground dey work tirelessly

The mob around the entire place is crazy, for the rescuers to even see space to bring out the victims na war. I believe as a nation our rescue agents should know how to manage such crisis by now by clearing the entire area of sympathisers, to enable them work faster!

RIP to the lost souls.

2 Likes

Re: Ambode visits scene of school building collapse in Lagos Island by pretty2018: 4:43pm On Mar 13, 2019
wow,am short of words
Re: Ambode visits scene of school building collapse in Lagos Island by 1miccza: 4:43pm On Mar 13, 2019
kurupt007:
It's so unfortunate. God please protect those kids and every teacher and persons among them. Please allow them to be rescued. The Lagos government should put a strict regulation on how buildings are constructed. A lot of these half-baked structures in Nigeria are ticking time bomb. God help us all.

Some of those buildings are older than Nigeria itself, they've been transferred from Generation to generation
Re: Ambode visits scene of school building collapse in Lagos Island by Femich18(m): 4:44pm On Mar 13, 2019
wizod:
many innocent children had lost their dear lives. One woman lost 5 of her kids there. What a trauma

I read somewhere that the children were trapped but later rescued. so i don't know if they are dead or not
Re: Ambode visits scene of school building collapse in Lagos Island by pretty2018: 4:44pm On Mar 13, 2019
THIS IS THE SME BUSINESS TRANSFORMATION STARTER PACK FOR YOUR BUSINESS BRAND NEED IN 2019!

Your SME business is all about the customer as customers are the LIFELINE of any business!

These days, a good quality website is essential for the success of most businesses. It's your online store front. But that doesn't mean it needs to cost as much as a store or office!

Get a web presence that wins new customers. Websites that look great and put you in control

If you are a SME business owner that truly want online platform that not only better propel your business brand but also put you in control, this incredible offer is for you

WHAT YOU GET IN THIS SME BUSINESS TRANSFORMATION STARTER PACK

- BEAUTIFUL WEBSITE AESTHETIC AND FUNCTIONALITIES
- BUSINESS ID CARD DESIGN
- BUSINESS BRAND LOGO DESIGN ( A MUST FOR YOUR BUSINESS)
- BUSINESS CARD DESIGN
- LETTER HEAD DESIGN
- 2 OR 6 PAGES BROCHURE DESIGN
------------------------------------------------------
- SSL Certificate Installed for FREE
- 1 year US-based Hosting (comes with unlimited Hosting Space and Bandwidth)
- Free Domain for 1 Year
- SEO Implementation with Google Analytics & Google Console for Good online Ranking
- Comes developed with VERY GOOD Website Speed!
- LIVE CHAT enabled on your website
- Up to 10 or more official email addresses FREE
- Websites comes with 99.9% uptime
- Contact/enquiry form
- Google map integration
- Social media integration
- Basic Website Maintenance for 2 Months for FREE...YES! For Absolutely FREE!

ALL THESE PLUS MORE FOR JUST N50,000 FROM THE CUSTOMER CENTRIC ICT COMPANY THAT HAS IMPLEMENTED WEB/MOBILE APP SOLUTIONS FOR SATISFIED CLIENTS ACROSS NIGERIA, UK, USA, CANADA AND IN AFRICA. WE ARE the HOLY GRAIL of website design and development when it comes to SMEs that are starting out (and of course for far complex web projects). Once you can dream it, WE WILL ACTUALISE IT FOR YOU - GUANRANTEED!

CONTACTS AND WEBSITE ON BANNERS! LIMITED TIME OFFER!!

Re: Ambode visits scene of school building collapse in Lagos Island by 1miccza: 4:44pm On Mar 13, 2019
Brownshugar69:

Where you sef see that one for the write up ??
Re: Ambode visits scene of school building collapse in Lagos Island by ikorodureporta: 4:48pm On Mar 13, 2019
Our retired gov... Na Sanwo+Eko for go there na
Re: Ambode visits scene of school building collapse in Lagos Island by khadijat1361: 4:49pm On Mar 13, 2019
May God protect them
Re: Ambode visits scene of school building collapse in Lagos Island by Femich18(m): 4:52pm On Mar 13, 2019
Brownshugar69:

Nah you sabi read nah Mr ITK sad undecided

Nah you kill them bah sad angry
Re: Ambode visits scene of school building collapse in Lagos Island by TourismMan(m): 4:53pm On Mar 13, 2019
My prayers are with you all. May you all be rescued alive.
Re: Ambode visits scene of school building collapse in Lagos Island by sammyj: 4:58pm On Mar 13, 2019
Test that should have been done from time to time why are Nigerians always reactive and not proactive to the system.
mediaNGR:
The governor of Lagos State, Akinwumnu Ambode has arrived the scene of the building collapse on Lagos Island where over 100 school pupils are reportedly trapped.

The Governor, who came in at exactly 2:45pm, said from the briefing he got from the Lagos State Emergency Management Agency boss, 25 bodies have been rescued so far.

He said,

He, however, said the state government will carry out an integrity test on buildings around the area and demolish and any that fails the test.

Source: https://www.mediahelm.com.ng/2019/03/ambode-visits-scene-of-school-building.html

1 Like

Re: Ambode visits scene of school building collapse in Lagos Island by igwefivestar(m): 4:59pm On Mar 13, 2019
mediaNGR:
The governor of Lagos State, Akinwumnu Ambode has arrived the scene of the building collapse on Lagos Island where over 100 school pupils are reportedly trapped.

The Governor, who came in at exactly 2:45pm, said from the briefing he got from the Lagos State Emergency Management Agency boss, 25 bodies have been rescued so far.

He said,

He, however, said the state government will carry out an integrity test on buildings around the area and demolish and any that fails the test.

Source: https://www.mediahelm.com.ng/2019/03/ambode-visits-scene-of-school-building.html
no week without sad news in Nigeria

Re: Ambode visits scene of school building collapse in Lagos Island by Segun87(m): 5:06pm On Mar 13, 2019
mediaNGR:

He said,

ILLEGAL..
. HABA AMBODE

1 Like

Re: Ambode visits scene of school building collapse in Lagos Island by ATTAH012(m): 5:14pm On Mar 13, 2019
So so sad, God protect d remaining lives.......
Lagos building 2 close 2 each other. No ventilation at all, always renovating houses. Gov shld take note on dat.
Re: Ambode visits scene of school building collapse in Lagos Island by JBL316: 5:36pm On Mar 13, 2019
wizod:
is today Tuesday in ur area?

ther's no telling....maybe
Re: Ambode visits scene of school building collapse in Lagos Island by ledaman: 5:39pm On Mar 13, 2019
Hezzyluv:
Tinubu said he doesn't want Ambode to continue as the Governor of Lagos state, and it came to pass. He's the real JAGABAN of Lagos grin

Back to the topic, "25 BODIES RESCUED" who else is thinking what I'm thinking?

Anyway, RIP to the dead. I pray God give their families fortitude to bear the loss.
What an thinking of this unfortunate fellow.
Re: Ambode visits scene of school building collapse in Lagos Island by Brownshugar69: 6:12pm On Mar 13, 2019
1miccza:

Where you sef see that one for the write up ??

So wetin the d “25 bodies recovered so far”
Re: Ambode visits scene of school building collapse in Lagos Island by ewizard1: 6:35pm On Mar 13, 2019
Why e come do mouth like who lick potash?

1 Like

Re: Ambode visits scene of school building collapse in Lagos Island by Emma1Oj(m): 6:37pm On Mar 13, 2019
Look at is fat dull round empty head. What did he came to do? I can remember Fashola asked and banned all schools, bakery and public toilet neva to operate in any residential building during is administration, immediately Fashola administration this dullard came and destroy all policies Fashola formulated to save guide the pples life's.
Re: Ambode visits scene of school building collapse in Lagos Island by placeofallure(f): 6:45pm On Mar 13, 2019
Ah! 25 bodies? Abi bodies no be person we don die? Ah Jesuuu! What is the sin of these children? They're Nigerians and their parents are poor! God please!
Re: Ambode visits scene of school building collapse in Lagos Island by kennys: 7:05pm On Mar 13, 2019
Mr. Sanwolu, be prepared for Lagos state, your comin coolg is NOT for Tinubu, your coming is to serve the people of Lagos state. Ambode has done greatly. Sanwolu you have more serious assignments ahead of you,do NOT allow any distraction from your godfather Tinubu.
May God grant the parents whose child are among the dead the mind to bear this irreversible damage and lost.

1 Like

Re: Ambode visits scene of school building collapse in Lagos Island by rezzy: 7:27pm On Mar 13, 2019
I don't understand. 25 bodies rescued? Why bodies and not children/persons? Oh goodness God
Re: Ambode visits scene of school building collapse in Lagos Island by wizod(m): 7:45pm On Mar 13, 2019
Femich18:

I read somewhere that the children were trapped but later rescued. so i don't know if they are dead or not
brother, such thing can't occur without recording any death
Re: Ambode visits scene of school building collapse in Lagos Island by SamOyovwi: 9:03pm On Mar 13, 2019
Buildings don't just collapse like this. It looks like a controlled demolition
Re: Ambode visits scene of school building collapse in Lagos Island by Femich18(m): 10:03pm On Mar 13, 2019
wizod:
brother, such thing can't occur without recording any death
You are right though. I am just being optimistic

1 Like

Re: Ambode visits scene of school building collapse in Lagos Island by kingolovich(m): 10:06pm On Mar 13, 2019
Authoreety:
ILLEGAL SCHOOL....

Must the puppet make reference to that in this situation

Why do you think its wrong he used that word? Him coming there is one great step i think leaders should emulate, did you not also say buhari reacted to the Ethiopian plane crash but couldn't react whatsoever to the happenings in his own country? Stop being hateful. What do you think the government will do after this incidence is what you should be thinking of, i think they should make up laws to prevent this kind of happening, like banning illegal schools or so.
Re: Ambode visits scene of school building collapse in Lagos Island by Jibsonified(m): 10:24pm On Mar 13, 2019
My heart goes to all parents of these kids... Hmmm

Check out the Before and After Pictures of the building and the lessons to be learnt

https://www.nairaland.com/5077077/before-after-pictures-collapsed-building
Re: Ambode visits scene of school building collapse in Lagos Island by luluosas(m): 11:49pm On Mar 13, 2019
What a disaster to the parents of the dead children. My condolences to their families and the entire people of Lagos State

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

How A Lady's Apartment Collapsed 4 Months After Packing In (Photos) / Can I Build A 5-bed Room Bungalow In Half Plot Of Land / Building Collapses In Ebute Metta, Lagos. Many Trapped (Photo, Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.