Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,286 members, 7,815,488 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 01:11 PM

Several Boeing 737 Max 8 Pilots In U.S. Complained About Suspected Safety Flaw - Travel (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Several Boeing 737 Max 8 Pilots In U.S. Complained About Suspected Safety Flaw (30034 Views)

262 Out Of 860 Pilots In Pakistan Have Fake Licenses / Air Peace Issues A Statement On Boeing 737 Max 8 Order. / Meet The 14-Year-Old Nigerian Girl Who Excites Pilots In Their Cockpits. Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Several Boeing 737 Max 8 Pilots In U.S. Complained About Suspected Safety Flaw by Originalsly: 7:16pm On Mar 13, 2019
ferhyntorlah:

Same line of thought here. Why sell a product without informing the buyers of the added features and getting the pilots trained on how to use the features?

If true, they goofed BIG TIME!!!

I hear you...but that's not good. When there is a flaw in the design or component of an automobile that may cause an accident..what do they do?.... recall the vehicles and have the component replaced with a safe one. If the plane were an Airbus... the very safety people would ground all the planes and fine Airbus billions on the grounds that they knew of the problem and yet decided to gamble with the lives of passengers.
Two things I see playing out here... Protecting US Corporations..... and arrogance ... arrogance by both the FAA and Boeng.

2 Likes

Re: Several Boeing 737 Max 8 Pilots In U.S. Complained About Suspected Safety Flaw by ferhyntorlah(f): 7:24pm On Mar 13, 2019
Originalsly:

I hear you...but that's not good. When there is a flaw in the design or component of an automobile that may cause an accident..what do they do?.... recall the vehicles and have the component replaced with a safe one. If the plane were an Airbus... the very safety people would ground all the planes and fine Airbus billions on the grounds that they knew of the problem and yet decided to gamble with the lives of passengers.
Two things I see playing out here... Protecting US Corporations..... and arrogance ... arrogance by both the FAA and Boeng.

Well said oga Originalsly. I do read your travel thread from time to time. Much respect!

1 Like

Re: Several Boeing 737 Max 8 Pilots In U.S. Complained About Suspected Safety Flaw by ferhyntorlah(f): 7:27pm On Mar 13, 2019
MajorJeffery:
They do but if you know what it means to have a routine in the cockpit, you won't blame pilots either. Even after long hours of training, pilots still make the mistake again. I can list a lot of differences that will shock you. Also, pilots of today are too lazy that they rely on auto pilot earlier than required.

Thanks for enlightening me further.

1 Like

Re: Several Boeing 737 Max 8 Pilots In U.S. Complained About Suspected Safety Flaw by seunfly: 7:38pm On Mar 13, 2019
prince3009:
I believe the issue of this 737 Max 8 is partly a factory error, maintenance and pilot technique!

Since some American airlines have refused to remove them from their fleet and are confidence of their "safety and airworthiness", then I guess the previous crashes involving Indonesia, China and now Ethiopia were due to carelessness on the part of the airline servicing crew! QED!!

Lol...... U seems not to know that the reason they refused to ground it is political, it is bad business for America made if American company join others. EU would have encouraged EU airlines to express confidence if it was airbus plane as well.
The problem of the plane is the angle of attack error deu to the location of the engines which Boeing has not efficiently informed the pilots about how to solve the error that is why it nose dive. Almost all 737 max 8 has this issues which is always reported after every flight as error. Right now Boeing has released a patch software to temporarily fix it. If not that America and Boeing is powerful and they control majority of the media, this case would have been very bad for Boeing. If It was Chinese made or Russian or Brazilian made plane, the issues and the criticism would have sevier than this and it may even leads to call to completely dump their product and the damage will be far gravier than this.

3 Likes

Re: Several Boeing 737 Max 8 Pilots In U.S. Complained About Suspected Safety Flaw by Iziquiel(m): 7:38pm On Mar 13, 2019
prince3009:

You problem is reading without comprehension! The two American carriers have technical maintenance crew whose working policies are of international standards. The countries whose air carriers experienced crashes are third world and developing countries whose safety standards are shabby and epileptic!

Indonesia for the past 4 years have been having series of air mishaps! Are all the aircrafts involved in the air accidents only the 737 Max 8 model?

Have the American Carriers who said the aircrafts are on their fleet and are not ready to ground them had any air mishap involving the 737-8 Max model before?

Answer the questions above before you start blabbing about "mental slavery".

I am sure that when they tell people like you to patronize Innoson, you will rather choose to buy Camry Muscle and the issue of "mental slavery" won't register by then.
Anu mpama, I guess China , the UK that grounded the Max 8 and the EU which has Germany, France, Switzerland etc that has banned it from flying in the Euro Zone airspace have recoded any plane crash in recent years and are Third World Countries . There's nothing In your first comment that didn't point to the fact that, you suffer from mental slavery. Even Sen Ted Cruz who is the chairman of the Senate committee on Aviation said, the 737 Max 8 should be grounded and you're on Nairaland typing poo. If you are not suffering from mental slavery you would have seen In the article where someone said that those Carriers that refused to ground their Max 8 fleets are doing so for economic reasons. Go reformat your brain so you would be free from mental slavery.

11 Likes

Re: Several Boeing 737 Max 8 Pilots In U.S. Complained About Suspected Safety Flaw by Iziquiel(m): 7:43pm On Mar 13, 2019
charliboy654:

I tire for some people, them just use America as standard, because FAA has not ban max 8, then there's nothing wrong with the plane.
Don't mind them, I'm very sure they won't dare board a 737 Max 8 right now.

2 Likes

Re: Several Boeing 737 Max 8 Pilots In U.S. Complained About Suspected Safety Flaw by seunfly: 7:44pm On Mar 13, 2019
Originalsly:

Two things I see playing out here... Protecting US Corporations..... and arrogance ... arrogance by both the FAA and Boeng.[b][/b]
You said it all, they were just trying to protect America's cop and I believe EU would has done same if it was Airbus. Another thing to note is if this was Chinese, Russian, Brazilian or any other country made except America or EU, it would have recieved serious media scrutiny and bashing, instead of speculation about the angle of attack error, many pilots and aviation expert would have been guest on CNN, BBC, Fox News etc bashing the plane and exposing the true problem.

3 Likes

Re: Several Boeing 737 Max 8 Pilots In U.S. Complained About Suspected Safety Flaw by seunfly: 7:49pm On Mar 13, 2019
Iziquiel:

Anu mpama, I guess the UK that grounded the Max 8 and the EU that has banned it from flying in the Euro Zone airspace have recoded any plane crash in recent years. There's nothing In your first comment that didn't point to the fact that, you suffer from mental slavery. Even Sen Ted Cruz who is the chairman of the Senate committee on Aviation said, the 737 Max 8 should be grounded and you're on Nairaland typing poo. If you are not suffering from mental slavery you would have seen In the article where someone said that those Carriers that refused to ground their Max 8 fleets are doing so for economic reasons. Go reformat your brain so you would be free from mental slavery.
UK and EU did not just ground it, they ban it from their airspace which means those American airline can't even fly it in EU and UK airspace.
The guy you quote are people that can easily be deceived by CNN and Co.

6 Likes

Re: Several Boeing 737 Max 8 Pilots In U.S. Complained About Suspected Safety Flaw by Pacesetter123(m): 7:53pm On Mar 13, 2019
KingAzubuike:
Boeing is a very complex and dangerous aircraft to fly compared to cesenna and the likes. To prevent future disastrous occurrence like this, I suggest airports and aviation authorities around the world should make commercial airliners fly on cesennas only which usually is safer and can accommodate a maximum of 4 passengers. Even if na Australia or new Zealand you dey go they will first go and drop four passengers first before they come back to carry another four. That's my own opinion.
4... what? kikikikikik,the comment over funny

1 Like

Re: Several Boeing 737 Max 8 Pilots In U.S. Complained About Suspected Safety Flaw by Pacesetter123(m): 7:57pm On Mar 13, 2019
Edagentle:
That's quite long to read, someone read and summarize abeg. undecided
Lazy Nigerian youth!�����

1 Like

Re: Several Boeing 737 Max 8 Pilots In U.S. Complained About Suspected Safety Flaw by WeirdWolf: 8:02pm On Mar 13, 2019
An upgrade should be done on the MCAS software, pilot should be trained on how to fly these planes (considering the new technology which seem different from others). This plane should be flown only in US for 5 more years until then we'd have no confidence in Boeing 737 Max 8.

3 Likes

Re: Several Boeing 737 Max 8 Pilots In U.S. Complained About Suspected Safety Flaw by midnighter(f): 8:05pm On Mar 13, 2019
O bu na okpu isi amaghi akpu, ka o bu na aguba adighi nko?

Was it the plane or the pilot? Seems to be a mixture of both... the manufacturers installed a risky technology, but the pilots should be trained on how to tackle it

Whenever outlook or gmail install a new update it can be irritating but we learn to move with the times or else dont use the platform

you can accuse me of having a slave mentality or whatever...3rd world countries tend to lack the discipline and presence of mind to update themselves and set aside funds for extra training

this attitude can be seen in all areas of life, from healthcare to education. Teachers who dont know how to use computers, doctors who dont know how to use new equipment, etcetera

Either update yourself or stick with the older models, kpom kwem!
Re: Several Boeing 737 Max 8 Pilots In U.S. Complained About Suspected Safety Flaw by VictorEkwere: 8:08pm On Mar 13, 2019
Re: Several Boeing 737 Max 8 Pilots In U.S. Complained About Suspected Safety Flaw by Nobody: 8:09pm On Mar 13, 2019
Iziquiel:

Anu mpama, I guess China , the UK that grounded the Max 8 and the EU which has Germany, France, Switzerland etc that has banned it from flying in the Euro Zone airspace have recoded any plane crash in recent years and are Third World Countries . There's nothing In your first comment that didn't point to the fact that, you suffer from mental slavery. Even Sen Ted Cruz who is the chairman of the Senate committee on Aviation said, the 737 Max 8 should be grounded and you're on Nairaland typing poo. If you are not suffering from mental slavery you would have seen In the article where someone said that those Carriers that refused to ground their Max 8 fleets are doing so for economic reasons. Go reformat your brain so you would be free from mental slavery.

If you are using a HP, Dell instead of Zinox, wear or own a pair of jeans and t-shirt, jacket, instead of putting on native wear, speak English instead of your native tongue in formal settings... etc and you are talking to me about mental slavery, then you are a big fool! Ewu ofia!!

1 Like

Re: Several Boeing 737 Max 8 Pilots In U.S. Complained About Suspected Safety Flaw by Pacesetter123(m): 8:20pm On Mar 13, 2019
Reference:
Max 8 obviously has a auto command bug but for the life of me.... just like others just turn the damn autopilot off when it begins to malfunction.

These two incidents bring to the fore two very important things, one of which president trump aluded to:

It appears the more sophisticated commercial aircraft are the less airlines are willing to project airmanship. In the end it takes a pilot to fly an aircraft. Technology will never be fool proof. Pilots cannot afford to lower their guards and their competencies simply because computers are getting better. The calculator should never replace the knowledge of simple arithmentic when lives are at stake. This leads to the second...

I donot want to sound condescending but third world countries should take it easy with the uptake of new technologies. From the report it is clear this problem has been raging for some time and has been handled safely in Europe and America. Do I suppose the crews of Indonesian Lion Air and Ethiopian Airlines were simply out of their depths when it came to raw, pure airmanship. What is so hard in disengaging a faulty device. Could it be that they were just to unfamiliar with the aircraft and flight situational awreness they could not troubleshoot in time.

Airmanship is the watchword here. When you get on an aircraft you better hope your Captain is not only competent but is skillful... and familiar with technology his country or continent has no hope of attaining.
I like ur analysis.But don't you think that the so called '1st world' countries are trying to hoard 'knowlege' from the 3rd world countries? For instance,I analyze the post well n I noticed a place they said the Boeing company is criminally hiding information from pilot about the plane software.And I believe it is pilots from developing countries that they are doing that to.

1 Like

Re: Several Boeing 737 Max 8 Pilots In U.S. Complained About Suspected Safety Flaw by Nobody: 8:22pm On Mar 13, 2019
qualityovenbake:
just watched the video of the passenger praying in the Ethiopian air crash. Am scared right now.
link?
Re: Several Boeing 737 Max 8 Pilots In U.S. Complained About Suspected Safety Flaw by lexy2014: 8:31pm On Mar 13, 2019
sexyking1:
Kai see how Boeing 737 carrier end!
Prayers; my Father my Father any incidents or accident, directly or indirectly planned to end my carrier must be destroyed in Jesus Name! Amen

It hasn't ended. D American govt is trying to apply protectionism even when its obvious d plane is a flying coffin

4 Likes

Re: Several Boeing 737 Max 8 Pilots In U.S. Complained About Suspected Safety Flaw by Iziquiel(m): 8:34pm On Mar 13, 2019
prince3009:

If you are using a HP, Dell instead of Zinox, wear or own a pair of jeans and t-shirt, jacket, instead of putting on native wear, speak English instead of your native tongue in formal settings... etc and you are talking to me about mental slavery, then you are a big fool! Ewu ofia!!
Oga u no get sense. Is the UK, China, Germany, France, Switzerland, Italy that grounded the 737 Max 8 Third world countries? You were quick to tag Indonesia and Ethiopia as third world countries because of an error from the manufacturer of a plane and ended up saying that "since American Airlines and Southwest Airlines says there's nothing wrong with the model it means it safe for operations".
Now, it's very clear that you don't know what mental slavery is.Yes, I use Western technology and other products but the difference between me and you is that, I have a mind of my own and you don't. They don't think for me but you can't say the same thing about yourself. Now, that's the meaning of mental slavery.
Go sleep, SHEEP like you.

4 Likes

Re: Several Boeing 737 Max 8 Pilots In U.S. Complained About Suspected Safety Flaw by ManTiger(m): 8:36pm On Mar 13, 2019
prince3009:
I believe the issue of this 737 Max 8 is partly a factory error, maintenance and pilot technique!

Since some American airlines have refused to remove them from their fleet and are confidence of their "safety and airworthiness", then I guess the previous crashes involving Indonesia, China and now Ethiopia were due to carelessness on the part of the airline servicing crew! QED!!

Its a brand new aircraft, brand new, under 6month old, the official launching was meant to be today 13th of March but suspended indefinitely due to 2 crashes in the space of less than 5 months that claimed the lives of over 300 people.

1 Like

Re: Several Boeing 737 Max 8 Pilots In U.S. Complained About Suspected Safety Flaw by onegig(m): 8:40pm On Mar 13, 2019
prince3009:

Since some American airlines have refused to remove them from their fleet and are confidence of their "safety and airworthiness", then I guess the previous crashes involving Indonesia, China and now Ethiopia were due to carelessness on the part of the airline servicing crew! QED

You sure you are okay?

US won't protect their investments? Boeing is one of the biggest contributors to the GDP of the US .You think they would just throw them under the bus?

So because US airlines aren't taking the step yet it is safe when there were obvious non communication?

2 Likes

Re: Several Boeing 737 Max 8 Pilots In U.S. Complained About Suspected Safety Flaw by santos012(m): 8:42pm On Mar 13, 2019
MrHighSea:
Seconded
thirdconded
Re: Several Boeing 737 Max 8 Pilots In U.S. Complained About Suspected Safety Flaw by lexy2014: 8:44pm On Mar 13, 2019
Reference:
Max 8 obviously has a auto command bug but for the life of me.... just like others just turn the damn autopilot off when it begins to malfunction.

These two incidents bring to the fore two very important things, one of which president trump aluded to:

It appears the more sophisticated commercial aircraft are the less airlines are willing to project airmanship. In the end it takes a pilot to fly an aircraft. Technology will never be fool proof. Pilots cannot afford to lower their guards and their competencies simply because computers are getting better. The calculator should never replace the knowledge of simple arithmentic when lives are at stake. This leads to the second...

I donot want to sound condescending but third world countries should take it easy with the uptake of new technologies. From the report it is clear this problem has been raging for some time and has been handled safely in Europe and America. Do I suppose the crews of Indonesian Lion Air and Ethiopian Airlines were simply out of their depths when it came to raw, pure airmanship. What is so hard in disengaging a faulty device. Could it be that they were just to unfamiliar with the aircraft and flight situational awreness they could not troubleshoot in time.

Airmanship is the watchword here. When you get on an aircraft you better hope your Captain is not only competent but is skillful... and familiar with technology his country or continent has no hope of attaining.

U seem 2no more than d pilots who lost their lives in Indonesia & Ethiopia. U also seem 2no more than d pilots in d US who are lodging complaints about d plane. U also seem 2no more than d pilots union in d US that has said it's member can refuse 2 fly Max 8 if they are worried about its safety. According 2u d problem has been handled safely in d US& we are on this thread. It has been handled safely in Europe, yet Europe, US, Singapore, Canada have banned d plane.

https://www.cnn/world/live-news/boeing-737-max-8-ethiopia-airlines-crash/index.html

3 Likes

Re: Several Boeing 737 Max 8 Pilots In U.S. Complained About Suspected Safety Flaw by lexy2014: 8:47pm On Mar 13, 2019
prince3009:

Did u come 2 this conclusion based on ur findings or based on guess work?

2 Likes

Re: Several Boeing 737 Max 8 Pilots In U.S. Complained About Suspected Safety Flaw by ManTiger(m): 8:49pm On Mar 13, 2019
martineverest:
useless company..they have been manufacturing killer planes with poor airworthiness.thank God the European union,Asians and African countries are grounding the planes...Boeing market share will plunge

time for Airbus sales to soar
already plunged, their shares has gone down with over $350 as at yesterday
Re: Several Boeing 737 Max 8 Pilots In U.S. Complained About Suspected Safety Flaw by ManTiger(m): 8:52pm On Mar 13, 2019
Focusmind:
I pity Boeing - their market shares are falling like pack of cards at the New York Exchange since the Ethiopian airline crash. Countries are offloading the plane at an alarming proportion. The people I pity are those that have pre-paid and placed huge orders. No refund after payment is always a clause in such contract.

Boeing fierce rivals, Airbus and Bombardier will be smiling to the bank now.

Until its delivered, if it's yet to be delivered then they only loose a percentage of the deposit which cannot be more than 2.5% in the case of expensive commodity like aircraft.
Re: Several Boeing 737 Max 8 Pilots In U.S. Complained About Suspected Safety Flaw by Nobody: 8:53pm On Mar 13, 2019
lexy2014:

Did u come 2 this conclusion based on ur findings or based on guess work?

Based on a snippet in the article itself
Re: Several Boeing 737 Max 8 Pilots In U.S. Complained About Suspected Safety Flaw by ManTiger(m): 8:56pm On Mar 13, 2019
TheAlchemist:
No pilots from the First world nation is yet to crash a 737 max, could the suspect be the pilots from the 3rd world nation! Got this line of thought from another blog.

The 2 pilots on the craft and FO (first officers) are well experienced and they are not citizen of the 3rd world country as you may think, I personally read their profiles.
Re: Several Boeing 737 Max 8 Pilots In U.S. Complained About Suspected Safety Flaw by lexy2014: 8:56pm On Mar 13, 2019
prince3009:

Based on a snippet in the article itself

Am not sure what u wrote can b found anywhere in d article.
Re: Several Boeing 737 Max 8 Pilots In U.S. Complained About Suspected Safety Flaw by ZUBY77(m): 8:59pm On Mar 13, 2019
prince3009:

Ignorant Illiterate.
You don't have enough sense to comment to every topic you see.

3 Likes

Re: Several Boeing 737 Max 8 Pilots In U.S. Complained About Suspected Safety Flaw by Nobody: 9:04pm On Mar 13, 2019
ZUBY77:

Ignorant Illiterate.
You don't have enough sense to comment to every topic you see.

Your vulgarity shows how uncouth you are. I won't oblige you because I am more saner than you are.

1 Like

Re: Several Boeing 737 Max 8 Pilots In U.S. Complained About Suspected Safety Flaw by manny4life(m): 9:08pm On Mar 13, 2019
It's unfortunate that two planes crashed but IMO, I think this is more of training than it is the aircraft. US Pilots go through of one the most stringent trainings there is, more rigourous than other nations I would believe. Boeing stock is down as a result of this, but they will bounce back. When new systems are introduced, it always comes with problems. When Boeing introduces the 787 dubbed as the aircraft made from composite materials, it was met with a lot of negative ratings. Today, 787 is outperforming the 350. When new systems are introduced in an airplane, this would go thru the period of negativity before acceptance, so therefore, I strongly believe this is a wake up call and would make Boeing fix all these problems. So y'all shouldn't hate on them no more, and RIP to the deceased.
Re: Several Boeing 737 Max 8 Pilots In U.S. Complained About Suspected Safety Flaw by SternProphet: 9:12pm On Mar 13, 2019
prince3009:

Very wrong. The company did not communicate the peculiarities of a new tech appropriately. Some US pilots quickly switched to manual during climb after taking off and it worked for them but foreign pilots who are distant from industry word of mouth about this tendency did not know enough to go off auto.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Ghanaian Man In Diaspora Gathers Snow To Send Back Home (video) / Father & Son Die In Accident In Nasarawa On Their Way To Daughter's Wedding (Pic / Fatal Accident On Lekki-Epe Express In Lagos (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 85
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.