Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,742 members, 7,824,140 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 12:13 AM

Dear Graduates ... Please Buy A Laptop!! - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Dear Graduates ... Please Buy A Laptop!! (1352 Views)

I Need Confucius Institute Graduates, Please . / 20 Online Businesses That Can Make You Rich With Just A Laptop & Internet / This Is How Much Most Graduates Earn In Nigeria As Starting Salary (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Dear Graduates ... Please Buy A Laptop!! by bootstrap(m): 8:21pm On Mar 13, 2019
Dear graduate, please Permit me to rant abit....

PLEASE BUY A LAPTOP. You cannot be using an iPhone and say you cannot afford a 50k (or even less for a used one) laptop.

I discovered frm most of those I sent the NNPC advert to said they were going to the cafe to get it done. I understand the economy is hard and all... but it is of utmost importance to hv a PC, actually, in ur final year of school atleast. You need to get comfortable using ur laptop over ur phone.

At the very least, be very conversant with the PC, this can usually come with owning and using one. Be very good with the MS office packages, ms word and excel atleast

Some wld say they can do anything on their smart phones... but I feel job applications are best on a laptop.

So... please,do ur very best to own one.

Thank you.

Guys, do I think this opinion is wrong? Let us hear ur views

1 Like

Re: Dear Graduates ... Please Buy A Laptop!! by greatnaija01: 8:35pm On Mar 13, 2019
well, you are quite right but you didnt DRIVE HOME the real issue.

GRADUATES SHOULD STOP WATCHING FILM, INSTAGRAMING AND OTHER SOCIAL STUFF THAT WASTES THEIR TIME.

They mostly need to WORK ON THEIR ICT SKILLS... because no matter what course you study, the SPECIFIC JOB for your course of study may not be readily available BUT there will always be employment for ICT personnel.

they can learn almost any CERTIFICATION for FREE and download their certificates then print it out... without any COST except for the DATA BUNDLE.... and using the right VPN... they can even BROWSE FOR FREE WITH ANY NETWORK.

But many graduates are mentally UNEMPLOYED while seeking BODY EMPLOYMENT.

NOT EVERYONE MUST BE EMPLOYED.... many need to sit down and think... and come up with solutions that will change the world and make them rich.

a graduate I know recently bought a digital camera and every saturday visits wedding receptions around her vicinity and makes 4k-7k weekly... yet she didnt graduate with a 2.1.

Another guy, just created an instagram page for designing business cards AND HE CAN'T EVEN DESIGN ANYTHING.. he uses android apps that give ready made designs and he makes about 50k monthly.

these are examples of people who refuse to be limited by the traditional way of thinking.
GRADUATES must psychologically graduate before things can change.

bootstrap:

PLEASE BUY A LAPTOP. You cannot be using an iPhone and say you cannot afford a 50k (or even less for a used one) laptop.

I discovered frm most of those I sent the NNPC advert to said they were going to the cafe to get it done. I understand the economy is hard and all... but it is of utmost importance to hv a PC, actually, in ur final year of school atleast. You need to get comfortable using ur laptop over ur phone.

At the very least, be very conversant with the PC, this can usually come with owning and using one. Be very good with the MS office packages, ms word and excel atleast

Some wld say they can do anything on their smart phones... but I feel job applications are best on a laptop.

Thank you.

5 Likes

Re: Dear Graduates ... Please Buy A Laptop!! by bootstrap(m): 8:37pm On Mar 13, 2019
greatnaija01:
well, you are quite right but you didnt DRIVE HOME the real issue.

GRADUATES SHOULD STOP WATCHING FILM, INSTAGRAMING AND OTHER SOCIAL STUFF THAT WASTES THEIR TIME.

They mostly need to WORK ON THEIR ICT SKILLS... because no matter what course you study, the SPECIFIC JOB for your course of study may not be readily available BUT there will always be employment for ICT personnel.

they can learn almost any CERTIFICATION for FREE and download their certificates then print it out... without any COST except for the DATA BUNDLE.... and using the right VPN... they can even BROWSE FOR FREE WITH ANY NETWORK.

But many graduates are mentally UNEMPLOYED while seeking BODY EMPLOYMENT.

NOT EVERYONE MUST BE EMPLOYED.... many need to sit down and think... and come up with solutions that will change the world and make them rich.

a graduate I know recently bought a digital camera and every saturday visits wedding receptions around her vicinity and makes 4k-7k weekly... yet she didnt graduate with a 2.1.

Another guy, just created an instagram page for designing business cards AND HE CAN'T EVEN DESIGN ANYTHING.. he uses android apps that give ready made designs and he makes about 50k monthly.

these are examples of people who refuse to be limited by the traditional way of thinking.
GRADUATES must psychologically graduate before things can change.

Thnk you... good sir for helping me drive home the point better. Was too tired to talk of all the advantages of having ICT skills can bring. Thnk you again

1 Like

Re: Dear Graduates ... Please Buy A Laptop!! by meobizy(f): 1:58am On Mar 14, 2019
This is a solid idea and one I feel should hit front page.
Sadly the powers that rule this place will not see it as important.
In this day and age of instant communication one needs a computer if not time (and technology) will pass them by.

2 Likes

Re: Dear Graduates ... Please Buy A Laptop!! by TurnNewLeaf: 12:56am On Sep 22, 2021
bootstrap:

Thank you.

you're absolutely correct.
I had 50k on me and I was halt between either getting a fairly used iPhone 6 or a laptop, after I realized how indispensable PC is I had to get one, funny enough a month after I got it I had lots of benefits attached, learnt web designing, graphics design and even started earning money via using micro soft word to type documents for students..
it's even Making my project and seminar work Easy.
having a PC is so indispensable in this current era

(1) (Reply)

These Are The 100 Best Companies To Work For In Nigeria / Top Ten Lessons For Success By Tiger Woods / Cisa Certification

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.