Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,036 members, 7,825,259 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 10:16 AM

DomiNations - MMO Strategy - Gaming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Gaming / DomiNations - MMO Strategy (952 Views)

5 Reasons Why New World Would Be The Best MMO On PS5 And Xbox Series X / African RPG MMO: Wagadu Chronicles (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

DomiNations - MMO Strategy by vanjamila: 11:47pm On Mar 13, 2019
Hey everyone. I've been searching the forum and I've noticed that no one brought up DomiNations in the Gaming section. Since I have some free time I'll give you a brief insight in the game. I'm sure some of you will like it.

Dominations is a massively multiplayer online game. Players build a base with defensive, economic, workshop, and unit training buildings along with several wonders and a Town Centre. After training appropriate troops, players search for suitable opponents to attack and gain loots and medals.

Players can choose to play as any of the 8 different nations - British, Chinese, French, German, Greek, Japanese, Korean or Roman; and advance through 13 ages from Dawn age to Cold War age, expanding the base in each age.

There is also a single player campaign where players practice strategies by battling in a historical perspective.

It has mechanisms and gameplay similar to the strategy games you play on the PC, which is great for gamers that love these type of games. One of the main aspects of the game is your base. Before I come to that, I must mention that you should choose your nation carefully. It will effect your future gameplay, as every nation has it's own advantage. Before we move on to the base let's see which nations are available.

There are 8 nations to play with:

British - provides better loot/offense, archer have +1 range
Chinese - provide extra citizen, extra mercenary, extra defenders from town center
French - provides more allied troops capacity (+3, +3 after gunpowder age),20% shorter training time (barracks)
German - provides better offense, provides special tactic
Greek - provides better economy, refund some resources when construction is finished
Japanese -Makes town center shoot at invaders, longer peace treaties
Korean - refunds 10% loot (if you lose), extra war tactic
Roman - provides better offense, larger army

Choose one that will suit your gameplay style. Let's move on to the base.

The buildings are the basic building blocks of the game. The buildings resemble the architectural design of the civilization of the player, and their appearance change as the player advance through age. To see the list of available ages please visit wiki page. However, all players have same set of buildings. The most important building is the Town Center which defines the age of the gameplay. Other buildings are broadly classified into Economic, Defensive, and Military buildings. Wonders are also available, and can greatly improve your position in the game. However, they cost a lot - be carefully when you are going to build them since everything comes with a price. Resource limit can be anoying, and we'll go through collectiong resources in a bit. Don't be fooled by some hacks that can be seen online. Patience and strategy are the key. The buildings are suitably arranged and enclosed inside walls, and are connected to the Town Center using roads.

You've choosen the nation and have some basic knowledge of building your base. Now it all comes to resources.

Resources are used to upgrade buildings and troops, to research various enhancements, and train troops and tactics. The resources in the game are:

Food - Generated from Farms, Boars, Deer, Fruit Trees or shipments from the Mills, and battling
Gold - Generated from Caravans, Roads, Bears, Foxes, Bunnies, Gold Mines or shipments from the Markets, and battling
Oil - Generated from Oil Wells, Oil Seeps or shipments from the Oil Refinery, and battling (unlocked in enlightenment age)
Trade Goods - Obtained from Animals, Gold Mines, Fruit Trees, as gifts from the League Boat once daily, or shipments from the Store House also victory chest
National Trade Goods - Obtained at a fixed chance from beating other nations, each nation gives a different National Trade Good
Rubies - obtained by winning battles in World War
Crown - Obtained by hunting Stags and rewarded for game achievements
Except Rubies and Crowns, the resources are obtainable in huge amount from multiplayer battles. Rubies cannot be purchased for real money. Crowns can be purchased for real money.

In case you are interested in playing this game I'll post few useful links.

DomiNations official website: Click
Press releases: Click
App Store: Click
Google Play: Click

Hope you'll join me in the conquest!
Re: DomiNations - MMO Strategy by gustavocavali: 10:10am On Mar 26, 2019
One of my faw mobile games smiley

(1) (Reply)

Please What Do They Use This For / FIFA 18 For PC Needed / Winning Eleven Game

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.