Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,521 members, 7,819,871 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 04:26 AM

Money Talk – Are You Compatible With Your Partner? - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Money Talk – Are You Compatible With Your Partner? (225 Views)

Get A Website(mobile/tablet Compatible) For Your Business For As Low As N50,000. / $21.86 For OBS Cheetah 3 RDA, Dual Coil Builds, Squonker Compatible / Wholesale Hp Compatible Toner Ce260 , Just Arrived (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Money Talk – Are You Compatible With Your Partner? by Theladysroom: 10:38am On Mar 14, 2019
So you know how people ask you not to marry down? Or maybe you have a friend who is dating someone they don’t quite feel ‘equal to’? Usually, it is about money, or class, or some vague social divide. Recently, I found myself thinking: Does ‘marrying down’ really matter? And does it pose a threat to the success of relationships and marriages? Like seriously, what does it even mean to marry down?!
I know it typically much means marrying someone who has a lower socioeconomic status than you. This can also apply when your partner’s thought process or mindset is not on the same level as yours or not as progressive as yours. Personally, I do not feel comfortable with the whole idea of ‘marrying down’ as people say. After all, marriage is not a status. However, I understand the importance of compatibility in your relationship. Especially when it comes to money. Money fights are said to be the second leading cause of divorce after infidelity. So again, it is not about marrying down per se, but ensuring that your partner shares similar life views as you.
Below are three angles to consider.
Potential
This thing called potential can be dicey because sometimes it works out and sometimes it doesn’t.
https://theladysroom.ng/money-talk-are-you-compatible-with-your-partner/

(1) (Reply)

Paypal Direct Bank Withdrawal in Nigeria: 360/$ / Call 07088946133 Or 07067799975 For Your Customised Nylon Bags. / Need A Professional Website For Your Business Or Personal Use? Grab It Here

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.