Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,742 members, 7,955,828 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 04:20 PM

The Vow - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / The Vow (1052 Views)

"The Marriage Vow" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Vow by stephwillie(f): 8:49pm On Mar 14, 2019
A beautiful story from www.youngicee.com

The Vow – Episode 1
© Jennipher Duru
“I love you Gabriel and I can’t wait to marry you. I just feel so nervous right now. I am already imagining myself on the aisle saying I do” Cynthia said, kissing Gabriel on his forehead.
Gabriel smiled “I love you too baby. I’ve been praying to marry you since the first day I set my eyes on you. It’s normal to be nervous baby, but it will be a great day” he said.
It was a lovely evening. Gabriel and Cynthia were having the best of time at a romantic beach Restaurant in town. The two had been in a relationship for over three years and now they had just made the commitment to get married. The wedding ceremony was in three weeks’ time and preparations were ongoing. Cynthia was a simple, but intelligent young woman who worked as a Program Assistant in a Nonprofit Foundation. Her parents were well to do. Gabriel was also a tall, handsome young man who had successfully built his career as a journalist. He was quite known in the country. He had started his career as a radio journalist before climbing the work ladder to become a Top TV journalist in the country. He was smart and elegant with a powerful and sexy voice. As it would be, he was so much appreciated by young ladies. So many of his lady colleagues had fallen for him and only wished he could be their lover. However, despite being very open and gentle, Gabriel was not a womanizer type of guy. He came from a rather poor background and had fought his way up in life. Things had not worked out between his ex, Helen and him. After splitting with Helen because of her infidelity and materialistic type of behavior, he had decided not to enter into a relationship just for the sake of having someone in his life. He wanted something serious and long lasting.
When he met Cynthia, he knew that he had met the girl of his dreams. The two became so much in love that they were inseparable. Gabriel met Cynthia during his hardest times. He had just lost his job as a Radio journalist and was trying to enter TV journalism. Cynthia managed to convince her Boss to hire him to cover one of their social events. He did so well that one of the most popular TV stations offered him a good job. And ever since then, he became a popular face on the screens. He was known to many as Gaby X.
“Good night my love. Please try to get some sleep so that you’ll have enough energy to do your shopping tomorrow” Gabriel said as he dropped Cynthia off at her parent’s house. Cynthia gave him a hug and entered the house. It was around 20:00 and Gabriel had a show to present at 22:00. He went back to the office.
Cynthia’s mom and sister were busy putting the invitation cards in the envelopes when Cynthia walked in “Hello our bride to be. How was your night out with my son to be? Cynthia’s mom asked. “It was nice mom. I really had a nice time. Gaby and I are thinking of inviting the Redwood live band to perform at our wedding in the evening” Cynthia said, grabbing one of the invitation cards.
“Oh my God! This will be the wedding of the season Cynthia!” shouted her sister, Angela. Her mother was excited too. She danced in the living room “What a joy to see my daughter getting married with dignity. Oh what a joy!” she sang. Her daughters laughed as they saw her dance like a kid. They continued enveloping the invitation cards as they also discussed how the wedding would be.
It was 22:00. Cynthia rushed to grab the remote control to change the channel so that she could watch her darling fiancé. The show was just starting.
“Good evening viewers, this is your host and presenter Gaby X bringing to you your favorite TV show ‘My Life’. I am very glad that you joined us today as we talk about real life issues that affect you and I. On the platform tonight, we have Dr. Kenneth GK, who will be answering some of your health related questions. We also have Mrs. Margaret Vera, a mother, wife and Businesswoman who is making it in the world of business. Mrs. Margaret will be sharing with us some of her secrets to living a balanced life as a woman. As usual, you shall be given an opportunity to call in for your questions or suggestions. Please note that the number is 020997. I repeat 020997. Dr. Kenneth and Mrs. Vera, you are welcome to the show” Gabriel said.
Cynthia was all smiles. She admired her fiancé as he spoke with his charming voice. He was dressed elegantly, as usual. Her mother rubbed her hand on Cynthia’s head “Just look at how you are smiling and admiring your lover! Oh, how I miss those days when your father and I just met. My heart was burning inside me with passion” she said
“Oh so you mean to say that you are no longer in love with him?” Cynthia asked. Her mom smiled and said “I am still in love. It’s just that I no longer feel those chills, but we still love each other.”
“Well as for me, I want to have these chills till eternity mom” Cynthia said. “Don’t mind your mom. She is just ashamed to tell you that she is now an old sheep” Cynthia’s dad said. He had heard their conversation from his home office and had come to spend time with them. He sat down on the furniture and sipped in his wife’s glass of coke. Cynthia’s mother stood up and went to rub her hand on his head “You are the old sheep, not me. Can’t you see the grey hair on your head? You now look like Albert Einstein” Cynthia’s mother teased him. He held her hand and bit it gently. Cynthia’s mother giggled. The children laughed. Cynthia looked at them and admired their relationship “I pray that my marriage with Gaby will be as sweet as this” she said in her heart.
The following day, Cynthia was to go shopping with her best friends, Sara and Monica. They had been friends since High School. They entered Cynthia’s car and drove off. “Cynthia, I think these shoes look better than the ones we saw last week. Let’s get them” Sara said. “Yes definitely, I love them. The heels are high but they are so comfortable and you kow that I want to be comfortable that day because I will dance till the cows come home” Cynthia said.
“I can’t wait to see both of you dancing, especially Gaby. By the way, his show yesterday was simply amazing. Did you hear the confession of that young lady who said she had been sleeping with her father’s friend?” Sara said.
“I was so shocked my dear. The things that are happening in this world are so strange” Cynthia said. The two spent the whole afternoon shopping. As they were about to leave the shopping mall, Sara said “Hey Cynthia, isn’t that Gabriel over there?” Cynthia looked closely and saw that it was Gabriel. He was having coffee in a nearby restaurant with a beautiful lady. Cynthia said happily “Oh yes, it’s my baby”. She rushed towards them, and when Gabriel saw her, he stood up in excitement and hugged her “Hello baby girl. You look so nice. Have you ladies finished shopping?” he said. “Yes my love, we just finished now and we are about to go home now. What are you doing here?” Cynthia said.
Gabriel held her by the waist and pointed to the lady “Baby, meet Sasha my new colleague. She just joined the TV station and so I brought her for coffee to make her feel at home and fill her in with some vital advice about the nature of the job. Sasha, please meet my beautiful fiancée, Cynthia. She is the one I talked to you about.” Gabriel said.
Sasha stood up and hugged Cynthia “Oh, it’s a pleasure to meet you. Gaby has told me so much about you. I hope the wedding preparations are going on well” Sasha said.
“The pleasure is all mine my dear. I am trying my best to do all the necessary things, since the day is fast approaching” Cynthia said. Sasha proceeded to greet Cynthia’s friends. Cynthia and Gabriel held each other’s hands as they talked “Ok, baby, do enjoy your coffee. Let me rush home to meet my aunt who came in this evening. I know she has a lot to tell me. I’ll catch you later. Love you” Cynthia said.
“Ok baby girl. I’ll pass by as soon as I am through with the show this evening. I love you too. Say hi to aunt and mom” Gabriel said. They gave each other a hug and the ladies left.
“Cynthia, I don’t understand the kind of person you are. How can you allow your fiancé to be spending time with other ladies? Don’t you understand the dangers?” Monica said as they left.
Cynthia smiled “Oh come on Monica. Relax. I trust Gabriel. This is the nature of his job, and I have come to understand him. Believe me, I know the man I am seeing, he’s not a player” she said.
“Oh really? Did you see how the lady was dressed? She looked too sexy for a professional meeting! I am just advising you to open your eyes and stop being naïve. Women of today are very dangerous.” Monica continued.
“Oh Monica! Leave Cynthia alone. She has told you that they both trust each other. Why can’t you stop putting negative thoughts in her mind and allow her to prepare for her wedding in peace?” Sara interrupted.
“Well, if you say so. I am just trying to show some concern” Monica said
“Sure, I understand sweetheart, and I appreciate. But you have nothing to worry about. I know who Gabriel is” Cynthia said
To be continued

Source: www.youngicee.com
Re: The Vow by stephwillie(f): 8:50pm On Mar 14, 2019
The Vow – Episode 2
© Jennipher Duru
Cynthia arrived home. Her favorite aunt, Mable had arrived to give her some final teachings on marriage life before the D-day. “Oh Aunt Mable, I am so excited to see you. I have been waiting for your arrival for days now” Cynthia shouted as she went to sit on her laps.
Aunt Mable: Oh my baby girl. I missed you too. I can’t wait to see you walk on that aisle like a star. You simply deserve the best in this world. What did you buy? I hope you have not spent all your money on silly stuff because you young ladies can be very funny at times.
Cynthia: Not really. I got some nice shoes and bedsheets. There were a lot of discounts in most shops. I guess it’s because of the summer period approaching. By the way, where is mom?
Aunt Mable: That’s great my dear. I am happy you are already thinking of home items such as bedsheets, because that is one of the main reasons why I am here to teach you. Your mom went for women evening prayers at church. She will be back soon
Cynthia: Ah yes! Mom and prayers, she is addicted to them.
Aunt Mable: oh yes. I agree with her. A woman who prays is a woman of power. My dear, marriage has a lot of enemies, and one has to be an intercessor to see one’s marriage work. Just take a look at your parents’ marriage. Can’t you see how they are still holding on together after so many years? It’s because of the grace of God and also their hard work towards making their home great. Your uncle and I are also witnesses to the importance of prayer in a marriage.
Cynthia: Definitely! My desire is to have a marriage like yours and that of my parents.
Aunt Mable: Don’t just desire, make sure you put the advice into practice. Now let’s go to your bedroom so that we talk serious business.
They both left to Cynthia’s bedroom and shut the door. Cynthia’s sisters could hear Cynthia laugh so loud because of what her aunt was teaching her. Aunt Mable was a funny but principled woman. She worked as a Medical Doctor and was married with 4 children. After a while, Cynthia’s mom arrived. Cynthia and Aunt Mable could hear her singing in the living room. Minutes later, they came out to meet her. “So please Cynthia, make sure that as a married woman, you keep good friends around you. If possible, try your best to have godly married women as your friends. Let your husband be your best friend and don’t trust anyone with intimate information between you and your husband” Aunt Mable said as they walked towards the living room. Cynthia nodded her head in agreement.
Cynthia’s mom: Are the teachings over for today? Cynthia looks happy. I hope you are keeping record of what your aunt is telling you. If I ever find out that you are doing the contrary of what she has taught you, I will personally whip your behind.
Cynthia and Aunt Mable laughed. They both sat down and discussed at length concerning the wedding preparations.
“Hi baby, please come out. I am outside” Gabriel said as he spoke to Cynthia on the phone. Cynthia rushed to go out. She found him waiting for her in his car outside the house.
Cynthia: Hello my honey bunny. How was your day today? I missed you
Gabriel: Hello darling. I missed you too. My day was quite hectic. I had quite a number of things to do. And you? Did you manage to buy what you wanted?
Cynthia: Yes I did. I got some nice shoes for the D-day and other stuff
Gabriel: Hmm. Can I see them?
Cynthia: A big no my friend! You are not allowed to see anything I will wear on that day. I want it to be a surprise.
Gabriel took Cynthia’s phone by force. “Let me see your wedding dress then” he said teasingly. Cynthia took it back and hit him gently on his back “Don’t even try it. Naughty boy!” she said. They both laughed. “Let’s take a drive around the area for fun” Gabriel said. They drove around and discussed. When he was about to leave, Gabriel’s phone rang “…..Alright, I will pick you up tomorrow morning from the Indian boutique across the main road” Gabriel said
Cynthia: Who was that honey?
Gabriel: It was Sasha, my new colleague. We have a meeting to attend tomorrow morning at National Association of Journalists, and since she does not have a car, I promised to pick her up so that we can go together.
Cynthia: Ok. Hahaha. That even reminds me of what Monica said when she saw Sasha today. She was wondering why I allow you to meet with ladies. She said Sasha was too sexy.
Gabriel: Oh Monica! Sometimes I even wonder why you still hang out with her. She only has negative ideas to give you. I prefer Sara to her. Can’t she just understand that our relationship is based on trust and love? Just because she can’t find a trustworthy guy doesn’t mean that none exists. And besides, Sasha seems to have good Christian values. I would even like both of you to be friends.
Cynthia: That’s Monica for you. But anyway, I told her that I trust you enough not to think of anything bad. I don’t blame her. She has gone through a lot of disappointments, so it’s not easy for her to trust anyone.
Gabriel: Well, I understand, but that doesn’t mean she has to discourage other people from trusting their partners.
Cynthia: Ok baby, let us change the topic. I am thinking of doing a course in Project Management after our wedding. The course starts in 3 months’ time. I want to climb the Management ladder. I am tired of doing the same job for 3 years now
Gabriel: Excellent! You have all my support. It’s good to upgrade your studies because life is advancing at a fast pace. I trust you to make a good Project Manager. You are well mannered and have the skills.
Cynthia: Thank you honey.
Days went by and the wedding preparations were becoming intense. Cynthia had taken leave from her place of work in order to concentrate on the preparations. Because Gabriel was well known, many people were aware of his upcoming wedding. During his live shows, some people called in to wish him a great marriage and some celebrity magazines were already writing about it. Both families were working hard to ensure that the ceremony became the talk of the town.
The traditional wedding was done a week before the white wedding. About 250 people were present to witness the scene. Cynthia was gorgeously dressed in a traditional outfit. According to their tradition, Gabriel came in with his uncle to give a gift to the bride as well as the Bride’s family. All traditional rites were performed and it ended up being a great day.
“Phew, one item on the list gone! I can’t wait for it all to be finished!” Cynthia said as she sat in her bedroom with her friends Monica and Sara, a day after the traditional wedding. “Yes indeed. We thank God for a successful traditional wedding. It was really great. Everyone is talking about it. I even saw some people post it on Facebook” Sara Said. Cynthia smiled “Oh really? Show me the link. I want to see what they are saying” she said.
Sara opened her phone and showed her some posts about her traditional wedding. One of them read “Gaby X accomplishes traditional protocols to marry his long term girlfriend”. Cynthia laughed as she read through the comments where some ladies expressed their disappointment as they wished that he could marry them. “These ladies are funny! By the way, Gaby is doing his last evening show before our wedding in the next few minutes. Let me watch” Cynthia said. She switched on the TV and waited for the show to start. As usual, Gabriel was looking very handsome on the screen. At the end of the show, viewers started calling in for questions and comments. One particular lady called and said “Gaby X, I first of all want to congratulate you on your just concluded traditional wedding. I wish you and your bride a great marriage. However, I want to tell you that you have disappointed so many of us because we fell in love with you and wished we could be the lucky ones”. Gabriel laughed so hard and teased the lady back “Don’t worry sis, you are all my wives. I respect all women” he said. Everyone on the panel laughed as the show continued. Cynthia and Sara were also laughing. Monica looked at them and said angrily “Honestly Cynthia, it pains me so much that you can laugh at such a serious issue. Did you hear what Gabriel just said? How can he say they are all his wives and yet he is about to marry you?”
Cynthia: Oh Monica, please don’t start again! I have told you several times that Gaby is not the kind of person you think he is. He is a funny and loving person and I don’t see anything bad in what he said. The lady was only joking and so was he.
Monica: Joking! What kind of a joke is that please? Cynthia you are very naïve and stupid. For your own information, I saw Gabriel with the so called Sasha girl that he introduced to us. Gabriel was picking her up in town and the two drove off in his car
Cynthia: Will you just stop it please? I know all about their friendship and it is on professional grounds. Gaby sometimes picks her up because her house is along the road that leads to his work place. I am aware of that.
Monica: And you are doing nothing about it? Just wait until you hear that Gaby is sleeping with her, or when she eventually becomes pregnant for him. Then, you will know that men are not to be trusted.
Cynthia and Sara looked at her in astonishment. Cynthia rose up in anger and shouted “How dare you say such a stupid thing to me a few days before my wedding? Or do you think every man is as stupid and dumb as the men you date? Maybe you just need to examine yourself. It could be that your nasty character is the reason for your disappointments!
Monica looked shocked “Cynthia, am I the one you are talking to like this? Is it because you are about to marry that you can now insult and embarrass me? Anyway, it is your time to shine! Good luck!” She said. Cynthia and Sara kept quiet. Monica took her bag and left in fury, banging the door behind her.
Cynthia started crying. “What have I done to Monica for her to always accuse my fiancé in such a manner? She knows very well that my wedding day is within a few days, but she doesn’t hesitate to make me angry” she cried.
Sara put her hand on her shoulders and comforted her “Don’t worry dear. You know Monica has a big mouth and can’t control it. Don’t take what she said to you seriously. The last thing you need right now is stress. Your big day is coming soon and you need to have a clear mind. Cheer up, just look at how Gaby is looking handsome and excited. He looks like the Prince of England” she said
Cynthia smiled while wiping her tears “Thanks Sara. I trust Gabriel. He is not capable of doing anything stupid”
To be continued

Read Episode 3 here - https://youngicee.com/2019/03/the-vow-episode-3.html
Re: The Vow by skubido(m): 12:01pm On Mar 15, 2019
Following

1 Like

Re: The Vow by stephwillie(f): 12:53pm On Mar 17, 2019
The Vow - Episode 3

© Jennipher Duru

Cynthia and Sara decided to go and see Monica at her place of work the following day. She desired to sort things out with her before her wedding day. The Receptionist called Monica and informed her that she had visitors. Cynthia and Sara sat at the reception area when Monica arrived. Monica saw them and sat down with a frown. “Oh come Momo, stop looking like you are attending a funeral. It’s me Cynthia your best buddy. Cheer up, let’s talk” Cynthia said. Monica did not say a word. She sat down and said “Go ahead, I am listening”

Cynthia: Don’t behave like a little girl. You know that you, Sara and I are like sisters. I have come to apologize for yesterday. I know I shouldn’t have said what I said. I am really sorry if I hurt your feelings. I was just a bit upset with what you said about Gaby.

Monica: I don’t think I said anything bad. I was just trying to show some concern because you are my friend, but you took it too far to the extent of insulting me. Do you think I am happy with the fact that none of my relationships has ever worked out? Or is it because you are getting married that you should now treat me like a sinner?

Cynthia: I am sorry Monica. Please forgive me. I cherish our friendship and you know that.

Sara: Monica, you know that Cynthia is our friend and she is about to celebrate the best moment of her life. I strongly believe that the best gift we can ever give her is our support. Your accusations were uncalled for. And you Cynthia, I also think you overreacted by using such words. So I demand that both of you apologize to each other and make peace. We don’t have much time to waste on silly issues. We have a major event to prepare.

Cynthia and Monica were both quiet for a while. “Ok, I am sorry once again. Let’s make peace” Cynthia said. Monica put up a fake smile and said “Ok, peace then”. Sara asked them to give each other a handshake, to which they both agreed. “Great, now we can talk serious business. Let’s draw the final plan on our bachelorette party tomorrow night. I saw a nice post on the internet that gave some cool ideas on how to make it fun” Sara said, bringing out her phone. The two others looked closely at the post and started discussing. After a few minutes, Monica went back to her office, while Cynthia and Sara left.

“Hi baby, how is your party going?” Gabriel shouted on the phone as he spoke to Cynthia. He had to shout because of the loud music that was being played in Sara’s house where the Bachelorette party was being organized. “The party is fine my love. I am having so much fun here. How are you doing?” Cynthia shouted back. “I am doing fine. But I miss you. I can’t wait to spend the rest of my life with you. I can’t wait to come back home every evening to see your beautiful face and hear your loving voice” Gabriel said.

“Oh, I miss you too honey. Don’t worry; we will soon be together forever. I have to go now. I’ll call you tomorrow morning. Go and have some rest. I love you” Cynthia replied. The girls had fun that night. They had invited a couple of other ladies to join them as Cynthia said goodbye to the life of a spinster.

…………………….

It was a cold Saturday morning. The wedding bells rang from the church. Cynthia’s father opened the door of the well decorated car and took his daughter by the hand. She looked extremely gorgeous in her wedding dress. She had ordered it online from India. She looked like a princess. Her Chief Bridesmaid, Sara stood behind her as she held the train of her wedding dress. Sara wore an elegant pink dress. People rose up as the bride entered. They cheered and clapped their hands in excitement. Monica was seated at the front row with other members of Cynthia’s family. They all smiled and cheered as Cynthia walked down the aisle. Gabriel was also standing in front, wearing a beautiful dark blue suit. His friend, Collins, who was his best man, stood by his side as they watched the bride walk towards them.

Gabriel admired his woman. “She looks splendid” he said to Collins. Collins nodded his head and smiled.

As they arrived at the front row, Cynthia’s father let go of his daughter’s hand and put it in Gabriel’s hand. The ceremony commenced. The Pastor read out some scriptures from the Bible and did a short sermon. They were both asked to stand as they pronounced their vows.

Pastor: Mr. Gabriel Kenda, do you take Cynthia Makan to be your wedded wife, to live together in marriage? Do you promise to love her, comfort her, honor and keep her for better or worse, for richer or poorer, in sickness and health, and forsaking all others, be faithful only to her, for as long as you both shall live?

Gabriel: I do

The crowd cheered. The Pastor turned to Cynthia and proceeded

Pastor: Cynthia Makan, do you take Gabriel Kenda to be your wedded husband to live together in marriage? Do you promise to love him, comfort him, honor and keep him for better or worse, for richer or poorer, in sickness and health and forsaking all others, be faithful only to him so long as you both shall live?

Cynthia: I do

The crowd cheered again. Cynthia’s mother clapped even more. The Pastor took the wedding rings and asked the groom to put it on the bride’s finger and vice versa. He asked the couple to repeat some words after him:

Gabriel: I, Gabriel Kenda take you, Cynthia Makan , for my lawful wife, to have and to hold from this day forward, for better, for worse, for richer, for poorer, in sickness and health, until death do us part.”

Cynthia: I, Cynthia Makan take you, Gabriel Kenda, for my lawful husband, to have and to hold from this day forward, for better, for worse, for richer, for poorer, in sickness and health, until death do us part.”

Tears were flowing from Gabriel’s eyes. Upon seeing that, Cynthia also shed tears of joy.

The Pastor continued “You may now kiss the bride” Gabriel removed the veil from Cynthia’s face and passionately kissed her. The whole crowd rose up to cheer, others took pictures. Cynthia’s mother danced and shed tears of joy. She was so proud of her daughter.

The evening reception was held at one of the best halls in town. About 400 people gathered to witness the scene. It was a great ceremony. Journalists from different TV, radio and print services also gathered to take pictures as they celebrated the wedding of their colleague. Gabriel and Cynthia danced to their amusement. The couple was showered with innumerable gifts. It was indeed a wonderful day. After the ceremony, Gabriel and Cynthia drove off to their honeymoon destination: a cozy hotel in a touristic area, 1 hour drive from their home.

“We did it!” Gabriel shouted as he lifted Cynthia up. “Yes we did it my love. Who could have thought we would make it?” Cynthia answered

Gabriel: Baby, I am so excited. It’s a dream come true. I am so glad to marry the woman of my dreams.

Cynthia: Me too sweetheart. In fact, I feel like making another vow to you right now.

Cynthia brought out her Bible from her suitcase and, putting her hand on it, said “I vow to never leave you no matter the circumstances. I vow to try my best to make everything work between us”

Gabriel shed tears. He put his hand on top of Cynthia’s hand on the Bible and said “And I vow never to love any other woman apart from you. I vow to stay faithful to you always”. They both hugged and went to take a bath.

They stayed at the hotel for 7 days and went back home. They were now living in Gabriel’s apartment. Cynthia had taken a whole month off from work, while Gabriel only took two weeks off because of the nature of his job. “Have a good day baby girl. I love you” Gabriel said as he left for work that morning.

“You too love, Enjoy your day at work” Cynthia replied. Gabriel left and Cynthia closed the door behind her. She went to the dining room and cleared off the table, as they had been having breakfast. After cleaning the apartment, she went to the kitchen to prepare lunch. She danced to some music as she prepared. Her phone rang. It was Monica

Monica: Hey our new bride, what’s up? How are you enjoying your new home?

Cynthia: Hey girlfriend. I am doing very well. These are the most wonderful days of my life.

Monica: Wow, I am glad to hear that. So are you busy this afternoon? Sara and I are going for some pizza this evening around 4pm. Would you like to come with us?

Cynthia: Errrg, well, errg, I will need to discuss it with my husband first, then I’ll let you know

Monica: Ehen! Married woman indeed! So now you have to ask for permission even to hang out with your best friends hun? Come on; make it quick, because I want to book the sea view seats.

Cynthia: Well ok, let me call Gaby right now

Cynthia called Gabriel and told him about the outing. “Sure honey, you can go. Just try to be home in time, ok?” Gabriel said. Cynthia quickly prepared lunch and left home around 3:30. She arrived at the Fast Food/Restaurant and found Monica and Sara seated. Sara ran to her and hugged her “Hey, the latest bride in town. I missed you. How are you doing? You look gorgeous” Sara said

“I am fine my dear. You look great too. Are you on a diet? You have a nice shape there hun!” Cynthia said. Monica was still seated, smiling. Cynthia bent a little and gave her a hug and sat down.

Monica: So, I can see that you are now under dictatorship. You have to inform the big boss before doing anything

Sara: Monica!!! What else do you expect? She is now a married woman. She needs to inform her husband of anything she is doing

Cynthia: Monica, you are a very funny being. I am not under dictatorship. Just like Sara has said, Gaby is now my husband and we both need to keep each other abreast of anything we do

Monica: Even when you go to the toilet?

The ladies laughed. Cynthia asked for what they were ordering. “Hey ladies, the bill is on me. It’s my way of appreciating your efforts during my wedding ceremony. I love you both and I pray that you soon find the men of your dreams

Sara: Amen!!!! I definitely can’t wait. Just look at how beautiful you are looking. I don’t know how to explain it, but something about you has changed. You look so heavenly

Monica: I won’t say amen for myself. I definitely don’t want any man in my life. I am not ready to be under dictatorship as if I am a slave

Cynthia: Who said you will be a slave? It’s called respect not slavery, and believe me it’s enjoyable. I am enjoying my marriage, seriously

Monica: Well, I am happy for you. But all I am saying is that as a woman, you need to be independent. You can’t just behave like a slave simply because you are married. That is why women across the whole world are fighting for their rights, because men have considered us to be cheap items. You’ve got to fight for your rights baby!

Sara: Well, well, well. I think this is not the reason why we came here. We came here to have fun and not talk about women’s rights. Can we just enjoy our pizza and talk about something else?

Cynthia: I agree. Did you girls hear about the young lady who got shot near the main market some two days ago?

They continued their discussion and ate the pizza hungrily.

To be continued

Read more here - www.youngicee.com/category/the-vow
Re: The Vow by skubido(m): 2:19pm On Mar 17, 2019
Monicat wish wan b ur own na

OP tanks for the update
Re: The Vow by stephwillie(f): 7:25pm On Mar 19, 2019
The Vow - Episode 4

© Jennipher Duru

The three ladies had been chatting and laughing. Cynthia looked at her watch and shouted “Hmm, it’s almost 18:00; I need to rush home to be with Gaby”. Monica started laughing.

Sara: Why are you laughing?

Monica: I am just surprised. So this is what is called marriage? And so what if it’s almost 6pm? Will he kill you?

Cynthia: Of course not, but I just want to be there when he arrives home. I am sure he has had a long day at work and I need to make sure that he gets the rest and love he needs. I want to be there when he is having his dinner.

Monica: My God! Don’t you think you are exaggerating? I mean, Gaby is not a baby. You need to stop being too overprotective.

Sara: Cynthia, please my dear don’t listen to this lady. Take your bag and rush home to meet your husband. Monica doesn’t know what she is talking about.

Cynthia laughed, took her bag and hurried to her car. She arrived just in time. Gaby had sent her a message to inform her that he was on his way. Cynthia went to the kitchen and warmed food for him. She was preparing the table when she heard the sound of Gabriel’s car in the parking lot. She ran downstairs to welcome him. “Hi baby. Welcome back. I missed you so much” she said as she took his briefcase from him. Gabriel put his hand on her shoulder “I missed you too love. How was your day? “He said. “My day was fine. I had a nice time with the ladies” Cynthia answered.

Gaby was about to go straight to the bathroom to take a bath, but Cynthia pulled him back. “Hey Mister, calm down. I have prepared some warm water to massage your feet. I am very sure that you have been moving up and down with them like a kangaroo. Come sit down here as I massage them before you take your bath” Cynthia said. Gabriel smiled “Hmm, honestly, marriage is good. I have now become a king” He said. “You’ve always been my king. Now sit down as I cool your feet down your highness” Cynthia said.

Gabriel sat down as his wife gently massaged his feet. He felt really relaxed and joy filed his heart. After the massage, he took a bath and came to the dining room to have his dinner. Cynthia had prepared his favorite meal: Beef stew with vegetables and mashed potatoes.

Gabriel: Hmm. This is delicious. Compliments to the chef!

Cynthia: Thank you sir. Anything for my king! How was your day today?

Gabriel: You are simply amazing. My day was fine. I had to gather a lot of information in order to get a perfect pitch.

Cynthia: What is a pitch?

Gabriel: A pitch is a writer’s description of a potential story to an editor. So in this case, I was trying to get a pitch for a documentary on health issues encountered by rural communities. I proposed one to the Director and he loved it.

Cynthia: Oh ok, that’s great. I am proud of you.

Gabriel: Thanks darling. And you? How was your outing with your friends?

Cynthia: It was fine. We had fun. We had so many things to talk about.

Gabriel: How is Sara doing? I hope she is getting along with her new job.

Cynthia: Yes she is. She told me that she will soon be travelling to Switzerland for training at their Headquarters.

Gabriel: Wonderful! She deserves it. She is just a wonderful person, unlike the other criminal

Cynthia: Hahaha. Stop calling Monica a criminal. She just has a big mouth, but she is a good person

Gabriel: A good person my foot! She can’t even control her mouth, always pessimistic and jealous. You need to be careful with that girl my love

Cynthia: Don’t worry baby, she is harmless. I know her very well

Gabriel ate to his satisfaction. He felt like the happiest man on Earth. Cynthia was really proving time and again that she was the woman of his dreams.

A few days later, Gabriel went to his office and was summoned by the Director. He entered the Director’s office, wondering why he was being called. He also found the Human Resources Director seated.

Director: Gabriel, please take a seat. On behalf of the entire Management crew, I would like to thank you for the wonderful job that you are doing. I am humble enough to tell you that ever since you joined this TV station, our viewership has greatly increased. This is as a result of the attractive programs that you have put in place. I have personally received calls and emails from many companies congratulating me and asking for more time to be added to your programs so that they can insert their advertisements. And for that, we have experienced a great turnover. This is why Management thought it fair to make you benefit from the profits we have been recording by promoting you to the position of Director of Programs. We sincerely believe that you will do a great job. Congratulations

Gabriel: Oh my God! I really don’t know what to say. I am so grateful. I believe that I should not be the only one to take the merit. You all received me well in this Company and gave me the liberty to express my talents. I appreciate you all

HR Director: You are welcome. That’s not all. As a Director, the Company is offering you an Official car to help you carry out your duties properly as well as an Official Residence. The Admin Assistant will show you a couple of houses and then you can choose the one you want. I advise you to bring your wife along, because women have better taste for houses than you men.

They all laughed. Gabriel shook his head to show how surprised he was. He couldn’t wait to inform his wife.

“Oh my God! Baby, are you serious? I have always told you that you will make it big in life. I am so proud of you. Let me take a taxi and rush to that place so that I can choose a house fit for a king and queen. My car has finally broken down” Cynthia shouted.

They visited 5 houses and Cynthia finally chose a grand standing apartment that overlooked the sea. It was in a beautiful closed Residence with a common swimming pool and some sports facilities. “This is what fits us baby. I can’t wait for my friends to see this place. Awwwww” Cynthia said as they left the house.

“Yes indeed it’s a beautiful place, but don’t invite your friends until after your birthday next week, because I want to spend it with you alone that day” Gabriel said. Cynthia was excited.

It was on a Saturday afternoon. It was also Cynthia’s birthday. Gabriel was organizing a surprise party for her. He had asked her to go and buy some few items for him at a nearby supermarket while he secretly invited a couple of his friends as well as Monica and Sara. “Oh my God! Your house is beautiful. Congratulations Gabriel. You guys really deserve the best” Sara said as they entered the house. Monica looked around the house quietly as Gabriel led them to the living room. “Hahaha, I can’t wait to see the look on her face when she sees this. I had to lie to her that I am not in town” Sara said. When they arrived in the living room, they found Sasha who was going through their wedding pictures. Sara gave her a hug and greeted her. Monica just said hi and sat down next to Sara.

“I don’t like the color of her furniture. Why would she choose the color white as if she is from the village” Monica whispered to Sara. Sara pretended not to have heard anything and continued talking to Sasha. Monica pinched her and whispered again “Honestly, Cynthia has no taste for colors, why are the curtains green? She could have used black and white colors”. Sara was getting irritated. She whispered back “I like the color combination and I think it looks very beautiful”. She stood up and went to admire the flowers next to the TV stand, in order to avoid Monica’s gossip.

Gabriel called his friend Collins on phone “Hey, Collins, you can bring the gift” he said. A few minutes later, Collins entered the house. “It’s done bro”. Collins said. He greeted the ladies and sat down. “Hi Sara, how are you doing? It’s been long since I saw you. I think the last time was during Gaby’s wedding, right? You look very beautiful” Collins said

Sara felt shy. “Yes indeed. I am doing very well thank you. Yea, that was the last time we saw each other” She said, looking down. Monica went to sit beside Sara again and whispered “I hate this guy. He looks like a real player, with his ears that look like a rabbit”. Sara kept quiet.

Cynthia finally rang the bell. Gabriel and the others went towards the door. Gabriel opened the door and they all shouted at once “Happy birthday Cynthia”. Cynthia laughed and hugged Gabriel. “Oh men, you guys are not serious! You really got me there!” she said.

The party started. Gabriel had ordered a lot of food from the nearby restaurant. They danced and had fun. Gabriel spoke “Dear friends, I think the time has now come for me to offer a gift to my beautiful wife and confidant. I must admit that there is nothing I can offer you in this world that can show my appreciation for being the woman that you have been to me. Cynthia, I love you and I wish you all the best in life. Happy birthday my love” Gabriel Said. Cynthia was already shedding tears. Gabriel covered her face with a cloth and asked her to follow him. The others also followed, wondering what gift it was.

The walked down the staircases and arrived at the parking lot behind the apartments. Sara and Sasha were already screaming when they saw the gift. “Awww. Awww”” they screamed. Cynthia was getting nervous. She couldn’t wait to see what it was. Here you go, you can now see your gift” Gabriel said as he removed the cloth off her face. Cynthia opened her eyes and screamed. It was a brand new red Chevrolet Malibu with a huge ribbon fixed across it. Cynthia ran towards the car. Gabriel laughed and handed her the keys. She entered inside the car and sat down, still screaming. Some neighbors from the other flats had come to watch. They laughed along as she shouted for joy.

“Baby thank you. Baby thank you” She cried, putting her head on Gabriel’s shoulder. Sara and Sasha gave her a hug “Congrats baby girl. You deserve it” Sara said. Monica smiled and they all went back inside. “Why did he have to buy a red car? Red is not a good color” Monica whispered to Sara. Sara got upset and said “Monica, can’t you, for once, just be happy for Cynthia? This is a beautiful car. Why do you always see evil in a good thing? Would you refuse to accept this car if someone offered it to you?” She said

Monica: I would definitely refuse. I can’t accept a red car.

Sara: Well then, just shut the hell up, because it is not yours, but for Cynthia and she loves the color red

Sara stood up and went to discuss with the others.

To be continued
Read more here - www.youngicee.com/category/the-vow
Re: The Vow by skubido(m): 9:28pm On Mar 19, 2019
Monicat the enemy of progress.

Tanks for the update

(1) (Reply)

Hotel 45 / I Will Manually Rewrite Your Article For You. / Check Your Document(s) For Plagiarism

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 114
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.