Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,813 members, 7,810,119 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 09:08 PM

Buhari Shuns Meeting With Bauchi, Adamawa Governors - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari Shuns Meeting With Bauchi, Adamawa Governors (29121 Views)

Buhari Shuns Abuja House In UK To Avoid Nigerian Protesters - Sahara Reporters / SIM Suit: Hanan Buhari Shuns Anthony Okolie's Allegations Of Rights Abuse / Buhari Shuns Aso Rock Hospital - The Guardian (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Buhari Shuns Meeting With Bauchi, Adamawa Governors by actiondrilling: 6:26am On Mar 15, 2019
President Muhammadu Buhari failed to see Bauchi State Governor Mohammed Abubakar and his Adamawa State counterpart, Jibrilla Bindow, when the duo visited the Presidential Villa yesterday.

Both men face an electoral battle in about a week, following a declaration by the Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC) that the results of the March 9, 2019 gubernatorial election in the states were inconclusive.

On Tuesday, three days after the election, All Progressives Congress (APC) governors, Kashim Shettima (Borno), Badaru Abubakar (Jigawa), Yahaya Bello (Kogi) and Atiku Bagudu (Kebbi), Nasir El-Rufai (Kaduna) and Kayode Fayemi (Ekiti) also visited the Villa.

No reasons were given for both visits.

The Guardian learnt that Abubakar and Bindow arrived in the Villa separately and sought to see Buhari. They met a brick wall however, as the president was not favourably disposed to seeing them. Thereafter, they held audience with Vice President Yemi Osinbajo behind closed doors. Emerging over an hour later, they declined questions from reporters.

Some observers may see the meeting as a move by the governors to curry the president’s favour, to keep their states from slipping into the hands of the opposition Peoples Democratic Party (PDP).

The fight to retain the APC’s hold on Kano State also continued yesterday as Commissioner for Local Government Murtala Sule Garo debunked an allegation that the state government withdrew a large sum of money aimed at influencing voting when incumbent Governor Abdullahi Ganduje faces PDP challenger, Abba Yusuf, in the March 23, 2019 re-run.

A group, Kano Civil Society Situation Room, had claimed the government released N235,500,000 to APC members for the alleged purpose. It, therefore, petitioned the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC), seeking an investigation into what it described as organised crime.

“We wish to draw the attention of the EFCC to a suspicious withdrawal of N235,500,000 from the Kano State government treasury, through the Ministry of Local Governments. The said amount has been allocated to different local governments where INEC is scheduled to hold a re-run election.

“We hope that the EFCC will investigate the matter, while also putting some measures (in place) in those communities to ensure that vote-buying does not influence the outcome of the gubernatorial re-run poll,” the group’s coordinator, Abdulrazaq Alkai, told journalists in Kano.

Garo however insisted that the group’s alleged mission to dent the government’s image was dead on arrival. “It is not true. It is gross misinformation,” he exclaimed.

According to him, “The money released is part of normal allocation from government treasury since both state government and local councils operate a joint account. We need not buy votes because the people are already with the state government.”

He added: “And if they say we released money to compromise the election, the allocation was meant for 13 Local Government Areas (LGA’s). The re-run will however hold only in nine. Kabo, Tsanyawa, Dawakin-Tofa and Kumbotso LGAs will all benefit from the money but the re-run will not hold in these places. How can we book money to nine out of 30, if at all the claim is anything to go by?”

INEC meanwhile has said that no court has the power to restrain it from holding the re-run in Adamawa.

The clarification came after a court order obtained by the Movement for the Restoration and Defence of Democracy (MRDD) and its candidate, Eric Dollars following the alleged omission of the party’s logo during the March 9, 2019 polls.

“Although we are not aware of any court restraining INEC, let me nevertheless tell you that court order will not stop any election,” Adamawa State Resident Electoral Commissioner (REC) Kassim Gaidam told journalists in Yola yesterday.

Citing Section 87 Sub-section (10) of the Electoral Act to buttress his point, he said: “This is a clear attempt to murder the rule of law. Judges should put their personal interest aside and give respect to the provisions of the constitution. It is embarrassing to hear that the court is stopping INEC from concluding an election it started.”

Gaidam urged the National Judicial Commission (NJC) to ensure that judges who make such pronouncements are punished to serve as a deterrent to others.

In a related development, INEC said it would begin work immediately on a post-2019 elections review. INEC Chairman Mahmud Yakubu dropped the hint in his opening remarks during the presentation of certificates of return to lawmakers in Abuja yesterday.

He stressed that delaying electoral reform, especially the review of the electoral framework, until polls arrive leaves the commission with little time to develop processes, regulations and guidelines and also make required consultations with stakeholders.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/guardian.ng/news/buhari-shuns-meeting-with-bauchi-adamawa-governors/amp

2 Likes

Re: Buhari Shuns Meeting With Bauchi, Adamawa Governors by Racoon(m): 6:28am On Mar 15, 2019
shocked Looking forward to the Buhari's Osun "Remote Control" option? Even Gov.Jibrilla Bindow-the sai baba zombie governor? Una name na sorry after you loose as you guys will now be useless to Buhari.

33 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Buhari Shuns Meeting With Bauchi, Adamawa Governors by fashoo2010(m): 6:29am On Mar 15, 2019
Maybe they are looking for how to use OSUN style but they forgot that Buhari doesn't send any of them since he has emerged... Buhari was all after his election.. The duo should go back to their state and face the supplementary election squarely

The probability is so high that both of them will loose the election...

69 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Buhari Shuns Meeting With Bauchi, Adamawa Governors by Amuocha: 6:34am On Mar 15, 2019
Lies
Re: Buhari Shuns Meeting With Bauchi, Adamawa Governors by JasonScoolari: 6:34am On Mar 15, 2019
grin I trust the lifeless one, he will be in his bedroom lying lifeless singing;

Two little black birds sitting on za war, one name Jibrilla, one name Abubakar, fly away Jibrilla, fly Abubakar.....

121 Likes 14 Shares

Re: Buhari Shuns Meeting With Bauchi, Adamawa Governors by bender79: 6:37am On Mar 15, 2019
Is like those governor's don't know buhari. He doesn't care any more as long as he is relected. Buhari very much feels that he got his votes in the north due to his 'integrity'

35 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Buhari Shuns Meeting With Bauchi, Adamawa Governors by Paramount01(m): 6:44am On Mar 15, 2019
Yes
Re: Buhari Shuns Meeting With Bauchi, Adamawa Governors by Joshmodest(m): 6:50am On Mar 15, 2019
They want buhari to use his rigging skills to help them out , but Unfortunately the nigga only cares for himself...he no go do nahtin in Fela's voice...

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Buhari Shuns Meeting With Bauchi, Adamawa Governors by Ruddyman(m): 6:55am On Mar 15, 2019
Lolz....i wish PDP wins for the sake of balance..Maybe APC will learn and try performing a bit and some politicians will sit UP knowing fully well that only performance wll guarantee re-election

27 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari Shuns Meeting With Bauchi, Adamawa Governors by aolawale025: 7:01am On Mar 15, 2019
Better. They are looking for assistance

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari Shuns Meeting With Bauchi, Adamawa Governors by kolajoo(m): 7:42am On Mar 15, 2019
Cheers to surviving another year and grateful for being here to celebrate myself. Happy birthday to me!

94 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Buhari Shuns Meeting With Bauchi, Adamawa Governors by NaijaRoyalty(m): 7:44am On Mar 15, 2019
They've been used and dumped by Buhari

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari Shuns Meeting With Bauchi, Adamawa Governors by dingbang(m): 7:44am On Mar 15, 2019
These governors still dont understand who buhari is.

They were there when he said he is for nobody. grin

7 Likes

Re: Buhari Shuns Meeting With Bauchi, Adamawa Governors by Nobody: 7:44am On Mar 15, 2019
SunnySky Tilers Group... creative tiling is our model

SunnySky Tilers Group is a fast growing Organization with more than 200 Professional Tilers with vast experience in the field of tiling.

At SUNNYSKY TILERS GROUP we complete 4Bedrooms Duplex, 3Bedrooms Duplex, 4Bedrooms Flat, 3Bedrooms Flat and below in just 3Days.

Our Groups of Tiling Experts handles Residential jobs, Corporate jobs, Governmental jobs, Hotels, Schools etcetera.

We understand what Customer's Satisfaction means.

1 Like

Re: Buhari Shuns Meeting With Bauchi, Adamawa Governors by MyMouth(m): 7:45am On Mar 15, 2019
ybalogs:
Some years ago, I made a post about my very close friend whose wife scammed him of 50k. She told him she needed 50k to open email accounts for their two kids (Yahoo mail) and he paid.

Unfortunately my guy is poorly educated and not computer literate at all. After bragging around about his kids having email accounts and how much he paid, he got the shock of his life.

I need not explain the shock. This led to a severe fracas between him and his wife in which I had to rush down around 1am to intervene. That was when he reported the scam to me and I nearly had a burst lung trying to suppress laughter.

When I posted this in 2009, I thought the ladies on my friend list would reprimand my friend's wife. Rather many were hailing her!
"Correct babe!" "Sharp sister!" "Na you biko!"

One even said that was the kind of hubby she had been searching for!

Yesterday, he called me to ask if my company did WhatsApp registration for people. My heart lurched as I realized what might be in the offing again. And out it came: His wife said she needed 28k as refund for the money she used to register their kids on WhatsApp! And she actually showed him a receipt! Now he wanted to find out the real prices for WhatsApp registration before refunding her.

Dear peeps, WHAT do I tell my man now?

This is just another whahala now...I've been telling him to give me time to get back to him on the price of WhatsApp registration.
How does this concern the matter at hand Stop to dey smoke igbo and always take your medications you no go hear!

2 Likes

Re: Buhari Shuns Meeting With Bauchi, Adamawa Governors by eben1marketer: 7:47am On Mar 15, 2019
Seriously!

Still looking for a reliable Web design company? Get your website done without advance payments. Check out our beautiful designs and details HERE

Re: Buhari Shuns Meeting With Bauchi, Adamawa Governors by diablos: 7:47am On Mar 15, 2019
Electoral thieves trying to seek audience with their leader the 'lord of the riggs' grin

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Buhari Shuns Meeting With Bauchi, Adamawa Governors by MyMouth(m): 7:47am On Mar 15, 2019
kolajoo:
Cheers to surviving another year and grateful for being here to celebrate myself. Happy birthday to me!
Happy birthday to you! And congratulations! E no easy to survive for one full year for this country

3 Likes

Re: Buhari Shuns Meeting With Bauchi, Adamawa Governors by AngelicBeing: 7:49am On Mar 15, 2019
JasonScoolari:
grin I trust the lifeless one, he will be in his bedroom lying lifeless singing;

Two little black birds sitting on za war, one name Jibrilla, one name Abubakar, fly away Jibrilla, fly Abubakar.....
Hahaha, drinking fura dai nono and massaging Aisha tongue

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari Shuns Meeting With Bauchi, Adamawa Governors by ipobarethieves: 7:49am On Mar 15, 2019
grin grin grin grin cry undecided sad sad angry angry angry lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
kolajoo:
sad
kolajoo:
lipsrsealed.it is not by FORCE tobjoin beard gang.A kid will surely runaway from U.Common! Shave dat bushy biabia/trim N pack it well and look responsible/handsome not this terrify terrorist look.Happy Bday.May ur daylight shine.

2 Likes

Re: Buhari Shuns Meeting With Bauchi, Adamawa Governors by agabaI23(m): 7:49am On Mar 15, 2019
They should meet the President if Buhari refused them audience.

1 Like

Re: Buhari Shuns Meeting With Bauchi, Adamawa Governors by NaijaOlosho(f): 7:49am On Mar 15, 2019
grin

Next level

1 Like

Re: Buhari Shuns Meeting With Bauchi, Adamawa Governors by ybalogs(m): 7:49am On Mar 15, 2019
MyMouth:

How does this concern the matter at hand Stop to dey smoke igbo and always take your medications you no go hear!
Ko funny jooor. Try again.
Re: Buhari Shuns Meeting With Bauchi, Adamawa Governors by ipobarethieves: 7:50am On Mar 15, 2019
cool
Re: Buhari Shuns Meeting With Bauchi, Adamawa Governors by slimfit1(m): 7:51am On Mar 15, 2019
If they try Osun style he is pushing us for revolution remember Hausa people are not like Yoruba people.

2 Likes

Re: Buhari Shuns Meeting With Bauchi, Adamawa Governors by HomeOfMe(f): 7:51am On Mar 15, 2019
JasonScoolari:

Lolzz grin

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Cabal Targets Osinbajo Over Actions Taken As Ag President / Peter Obi Congratulates Solomon Arase On His Swearing-In As PSC Chairman / Pastor Treks From Benin City To Abuja For Buhari [PHOTOS]

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.