Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,202 members, 7,953,744 topics. Date: Friday, 20 September 2024 at 02:41 AM

Bolton Cancel Shittu’s Contract ! - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Bolton Cancel Shittu’s Contract ! (2371 Views)

Q&A With Stephen Keshi, His Views On Alan Pardew, Ameobi, Danny Shittu, Dike / Amusa Shittu Is Dead (Former Nigerian International, aka 'The Bulldozer') / Shittu Should Report Bolton To Fifa (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Bolton Cancel Shittu’s Contract ! by wales(m): 6:20am On Sep 03, 2010
Bolton have terminated the contract of Super Eagles defender Danny Shittu.

The 30-year-old signed a three-year deal with the Trotters when he moved to the Reebok Stadium from Watford for a reported £2m fee in August 2008.

The big defender made 12 appearances in his first season at Bolton but he fell down the pecking order and did not feature for the first team last season.

However, the centre-back was still named in Nigeria‘s 2010 World Cup squad and played in all three of their Group B games in South Africa.

Shittu, who is also part of Nigeria‘s squad for the African Nations Cup qualifier against Madagascar in Calabar, began his career as a trainee at Charlton, moved in 2002 to Queens Park Rangers after he impressed during a loan spell.

He played more than 160 games for the QPR before moving to Watford for £1.6m in the summer of 2006.

http://www.punchng.com/Articl.aspx?theartic=Art201009035295592

Re: Bolton Cancel Shittu’s Contract ! by otumfour(m): 12:31pm On Sep 03, 2010
Why cancel this fine young mans contract, anywayz I read celtic is interested in him, goodluck!
Re: Bolton Cancel Shittu’s Contract ! by denony(m): 12:39pm On Sep 03, 2010
Shittu ohhhhhhhh Shittu
Re: Bolton Cancel Shittu’s Contract ! by JimmyBoy1: 12:41pm On Sep 03, 2010
Perhaps there are other reasons he was relegated to the  bench, we have seen him in eagles shirt a couple of times. His game actually has some weaknesses just like any other player, but he certainly deserves a place in Bolton's squad , if selection is based on sports only.
Re: Bolton Cancel Shittu’s Contract ! by 0Edward0(m): 12:43pm On Sep 03, 2010
9ja den just dey throw way dem any how
Re: Bolton Cancel Shittu’s Contract ! by seunmsg(m): 1:15pm On Sep 03, 2010
Am not surprised, the guy is not good enough.
Re: Bolton Cancel Shittu’s Contract ! by franctony(m): 1:31pm On Sep 03, 2010
who is Shittu, is it that big one that cant even carry his body. he should play in Watford jor
Re: Bolton Cancel Shittu’s Contract ! by Ournaija: 2:02pm On Sep 03, 2010
otumfour:

Why cancel this fine young mans contract, anywayz I read celtic is interested in him, goodluck!

Do you know his real age? I dont mean futbol age.
Re: Bolton Cancel Shittu’s Contract ! by otokx(m): 2:10pm On Sep 03, 2010
Nice move by bolton
Re: Bolton Cancel Shittu’s Contract ! by blackchief(m): 3:06pm On Sep 03, 2010
shittu, please reduce you fat and every other problem will be sorted.
Re: Bolton Cancel Shittu’s Contract ! by otumfour(m): 3:25pm On Sep 03, 2010
@ournaija, lmao grin grin grin grin grin these days we try to forgive them, juz pretend e no get age wink
if he's 30 then I'm 12 grin
Re: Bolton Cancel Shittu’s Contract ! by Kx: 3:55pm On Sep 03, 2010
Shittu will definitely make a good rugby player.
na by force to play soccer?
Re: Bolton Cancel Shittu’s Contract ! by Nobody: 4:08pm On Sep 03, 2010
he should take up wrestling
Re: Bolton Cancel Shittu’s Contract ! by lagerwhenindoubt(m): 4:09pm On Sep 03, 2010
Shittu AKA VOLTRON (without the Blazing Sword and Two turtles for feet rather than Lions)

You have done us proud, at least your Big Chest and Prancing blocks is something for highlight reels. It is hightime and ripe moment to go into WWE wrestling where your true potential will be realised  grin

Soccer is not for you
Re: Bolton Cancel Shittu’s Contract ! by Okukk(m): 4:25pm On Sep 03, 2010
BOXING or UFC won't be a bad idea
Re: Bolton Cancel Shittu’s Contract ! by victorkc(m): 4:40pm On Sep 03, 2010
Bolten should come and ask Westerhof,what to do wit such a defender with such gaint body,and 150% zeal,anyway the spirit is willing but the BODY IS HEAVY
Re: Bolton Cancel Shittu’s Contract ! by otumfour(m): 4:45pm On Sep 03, 2010
KAI! I GIVE UP, NIGERIANS BE TOO FUNNY LOL THE COMMENTS ALONE grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
CHARLLEY! I LUV U ALL grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Bolton Cancel Shittu’s Contract ! by MIBB: 5:06pm On Sep 03, 2010
These Bolton guys are wicked, why offload him now that the transfer window has closed? It just a ploy to mess up the guys carrier. If this was done in good time, maybe some clubs i Northern Europe would have indicated interest as happen in the case of Yobo. But dammed, the guy is so unlucky.
Re: Bolton Cancel Shittu’s Contract ! by mbulela: 6:37pm On Sep 03, 2010
^^^^
if you are out of contract, you can move irrespective of a closed window.
Re: Bolton Cancel Shittu’s Contract ! by LagosBobo1(m): 6:45pm On Sep 03, 2010
And this is the guy trusted with marshaling our defenceline in South Africa? They even decamped Onyekachi Apam for Danny Shittu!

The Swede definitely came to chop naija money and run back home. I go chop your dollar, lol
Re: Bolton Cancel Shittu’s Contract ! by chamotex(m): 7:34pm On Sep 03, 2010
I honestly think Bolton did him a favour.
Now he can move to any club even outside the transfer window.
They could have sent him on loan to Kano Pillars though grin grin
Re: Bolton Cancel Shittu’s Contract ! by pappilo(m): 7:45pm On Sep 03, 2010
I believe Danny Shittu moved to England long before he decided to play football professionally so I doubt his passport age will be different from his real age. But maybe he may have reduced his age by at most, about 2 years in that usual wuruwuru way most Nigerians do on their passports and other documents. Why Nigerians do that, I dont Know. I was a year older than most people in my class but only God knows how many of them were really older than me. grin

Do you think Bolton could have terminated Shittu's contract just like that? Lailai! If he didnt commit any gross misconduct they would have had to honour the contract and pay his wages for the remaining year on his contract. They reached an agreement where I am sure they paid something like half of his wages upfront and then made him a free agent which means he is free to sign for another club tomorrow and start earning again. Bolton save themselves some money and Shittu can hopefully find another club were he can enjoy playing football again.

Everyones happy and Its all sweet!
Re: Bolton Cancel Shittu’s Contract ! by Nobody: 9:53pm On Sep 03, 2010
otumfour:

Im sure after this move the Celts would reconsider signing the phat pig. cool

Okukk:

BOXING or UFC won't be a bad idea
Haba na so U h8 am reach. they'll murder his fat butt. make him go dey throw shot put abeg cool

Lagos Bobo:

The Swede definitely came to chop naija money and run back home. I go chop your dollar, lol

E don tey when Naija guys don dey chop their dollar. It was a matter of time b4 one of their own did the same to us cool
Re: Bolton Cancel Shittu’s Contract ! by mamagee3(f): 11:27pm On Sep 03, 2010
It's high time he leaves for home. . .

All those Nigerian players are just horrible, wastes of money if you ask me.
Re: Bolton Cancel Shittu’s Contract ! by blacksta(m): 6:51am On Sep 04, 2010
pappilo:

I believe Danny Shittu moved to England long before he decided to play football professionally so I doubt his passport age will be different from his real age. But maybe he may have reduced his age by at most, about 2 years in that usual wuruwuru way most Nigerians do on their passports and other documents. Why Nigerians do that, I dont Know. I was a year older than most people in my class but only God knows how many of them were really older than me. grin

Do you think Bolton could have terminated Shittu's contract just like that? Lailai! If he didnt commit any gross misconduct they would have had to honour the contract and pay his wages for the remaining year on his contract. They reached an agreement where I am sure they paid something like half of his wages upfront and then made him a free agent which means he is free to sign for another club tomorrow and start earning again. Bolton save themselves some money and Shittu can hopefully find another club were he can enjoy playing football again.

Everyones happy and Its all sweet!

Thank you - As you are the only person that makes sense on this thread . Nigerians and their pull him down syndrome. Shittu is laughing his way to the bank - Imagine all the upfront money with the possibility of signing another contract while majority on this thread remain broke and busted.
Re: Bolton Cancel Shittu’s Contract ! by kobikwelu(m): 12:32pm On Sep 04, 2010
o boy !!!!

laff wan kill me here grin grin

wetin shittu do una

but mehnnn the guy na real voltron oooooo

big chest
Re: Bolton Cancel Shittu’s Contract ! by Nobody: 9:35pm On Sep 05, 2010
kobikwelu:

o boy !!!!

laff wan kill me here grin grin

wetin shittu do una

but mehnnn the guy na real voltron oooooo

big chest
and a bigger ar$£ cool
Re: Bolton Cancel Shittu’s Contract ! by mechris: 5:50pm On Sep 06, 2010
does this spell 'the end' for shittu? hope he goes into sporting kit merchandizing or pick up super eagles technical crew member job,at least he is still our own !

(1) (Reply)

8 Of The Best Players Never To Have Won A Top-flight League Title / Nigeria U23 V Congo U23 Live(0-0) 19 July 2015, 16:41 / Lukaku Vs Morata Compared Based On Statistics(check It Out)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.