Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,735 members, 7,955,792 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 03:14 PM

Zimbabwean Man Arrested After Rapping A Woman 40 Years Ago - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Zimbabwean Man Arrested After Rapping A Woman 40 Years Ago (643 Views)

Zimbabwean Man Caught Trying To Sleep With Boss' Wife, Beaten (Photos) / Zimbabwean Man Drugged, Raped And Dumped By Roadside By 2 Ladies / Zimbabwean Man Catches Daughter Having Sex With Neighbour In His House (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Zimbabwean Man Arrested After Rapping A Woman 40 Years Ago by NaijaOlosho(f): 12:53pm On Mar 15, 2019
cheesy He Pinned My Right Leg Down And Raped Me In 1979: Man arrested Week After Being Sworn In As Headman

AN 87-YEAR-OLD woman has dragged a 60-year-old headman to court for allegedly raping her 40 years ago.

At the time, Radios Nezvikonde allegedly compensated the woman (whose name is withheld to protect her identity) with two head of cattle.

Nezvikonde allegedly raped the woman in 1979 when he was 20-years-old.

Appearing before Zaka resident magistrate Ms Gladys Nago on Tuesday, Nezvikonde was not asked to plead to one count of rape.

He was remanded in custody to today for trial at Chiredzi regional court.

Prosecutor, Mr Innocent Mudzingwa said the elderly woman alleged she developed chronic leg pain, which has been giving her problems up to today, after the rape.

She alleged Nezvikonde pinned her right leg down during the commission of the crime.

The court heard that Nezvikonde admitted the charge of rape when he was brought before the then Chief Ndanga’s traditional court and was ordered to pay two beasts, as compensation, in 1979.

Mr Mudzingwa said the elderly woman reported the matter to the police last week after realizing that she had developed recurring pain on her leg which she related to the rape incident.

The woman said: “Despite the compensation, I have a recurring pain on my right leg. I attribute it to the rape incident and it reminds me of the sexual abuse I suffered at the hands of that man”.

Mr Mudzingwa said Nezvikonde, who was sworn in as a headman last week, was arrested following the woman’s police report.

>>> https://grovenaija360.com/man-arrested-after-rapping-a-woman-40-years-ago/

Re: Zimbabwean Man Arrested After Rapping A Woman 40 Years Ago by KingSatan: 12:53pm On Mar 15, 2019
cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Zimbabwean Man Arrested After Rapping A Woman 40 Years Ago by Offpoint: 12:54pm On Mar 15, 2019
In Eminem's voice... "What will you do when Karma comes right back and bites you?"
Re: Zimbabwean Man Arrested After Rapping A Woman 40 Years Ago by MyVILLAGEpeople(m): 12:55pm On Mar 15, 2019
Like seriously?? 40 Years after??.
This can never happen in my country Nigeria.
Re: Zimbabwean Man Arrested After Rapping A Woman 40 Years Ago by Harrymig1(m): 12:56pm On Mar 15, 2019
smiley smiley
Re: Zimbabwean Man Arrested After Rapping A Woman 40 Years Ago by Robnectar(m): 1:05pm On Mar 15, 2019
KingSatan:
cheesy cheesy cheesy
karma is a biayach.... buh nah Zimbabwe e happen

if nah 9ja naw... even if u report after 1weeek police go just dey telll u madam forgive am shebi nah last week e happengrin

(1) (Reply)

Just In: NURTW Member Sentenced To Death For Killing Colleague Over ‘loading’ / Nasarawa Polytechnic Female Student Strips After Running Mad In Lagos (photos) / 18-year-old Lady Kills Her 2-year-old Child Over Romantic Relationship. Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.