Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,196 members, 7,822,043 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 03:57 AM

My Open Letter To Governor-elect Of Oyo State Engr Seyi Abiodun Makinde - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / My Open Letter To Governor-elect Of Oyo State Engr Seyi Abiodun Makinde (472 Views)

Full List Of The Members-Elect Of The House Of Reps / Convoy of a Local government chairman's in Kano state - Engr Abdullahi (Video) / Oyo State Governor, Engr. Seyi Makinde Sacks Council, Board Chairmen (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

My Open Letter To Governor-elect Of Oyo State Engr Seyi Abiodun Makinde by Nakelimalo(m): 2:28pm On Mar 15, 2019
Dear Seyi Abiodun Makinde,

Sir, it is with great pleasure and delight that I write you this letter. I’m very sure you are having the best moments of your life as you have achieved what some people saw as impossible in the history of our great Oyo state of Nigeria (the heritage of Yorubas). I can assure you, sir, as far as I am concerned that elections in the history of our dear state (Oyo) have never been this fair. The voices of the people have been heard, and their vote finally counts. The strength of democracy was witnessed, thus bringing you in as our leader. Sir, I can solidly say that with these few achievements, joy overflows in the hearts of the people of Oyo state as they hope for a democratic governance again.

As you look forward to taking charge of power in Oyo state, come May 29th, 2019, I ask that you do the needful sir. Run a thorough research and screening on whoever you wish to be amongst your cabinet; avoid nepotism (the practice among those with power or influence of favoring relatives or friends, especially by giving them jobs). When you take charge sir, don’t be politically biased, remember you are not voted in only by your party members; look for the best of the bests when assigning portfolios to your commissioners. Please sir, be a political winner.

In your government sir, don’t forget your promises to the people of Oyo state, run your government with your people; your loyalists; avoid running a government of dictatorship; do away with being a constituted authority. Keep your words to your people; you belong to them and they, to you. Don’t run a government of godfatherism; remember none of them voted you in as the governor. Remember your first 100 days in office task; payment of outstanding salaries including the pensioners and reviewing of those who lost their jobs during the reign of this outgoing government.

Education is another sector you can’t afford to take with levity hands when you resume office. Sir, with due respect i plead that you fund this sector like never before. Please, Sir, Do not abandon Tech-U founded by this outgoing government. Revive dying institutions like LAUTECH(it has once been the best state University in Nigeria, please help it regain its lost glory. Take it from the state of Osun, it’s ours and ours only), OYSCATECH and the rest of the institutions in Oyo state. Bring new innovations to this sector. Invest in young citizens of this state, they are the future generation.

Finally sir, please do not take Oyo state money outside of Oyo state, have trust in our local contractors, award contracts to the competent ones among them, with this our economy will grow and money will circulate. Emulate one thing from this outgoing government; let peace reign during your time. Win your rivals' hearts by convincing them that we made the right choice by voting you in. Necessary infrastructures should not be left out during your time too. Sir, do well to complete the uncompleted projects by this outgoing government.
I wish you all the very best in office sir, good luck!!!

Yours faithfully,
Oladiran Matthew O.,
15th March, 2019.

(1) (Reply)

Lady Who Made Success’ Video Receives N500, 000, Promised A Car / Nigeria Fail To Donate To Mozambique For Idal Cyclone / Memo To Mrs Abike Dabiri Erewa About Those Tarnishing The Image Of Nigeria Abroa

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.