Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,238 members, 7,818,803 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 04:36 AM

Finished With A Third Class Degree, Can I Do Masters? - Education (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Finished With A Third Class Degree, Can I Do Masters? (47517 Views)

"If I Do Masters, Make I Bend" IMSU Student Laments On His Graduation Day. / What Can A Person Do With A Third Class Degree? / Can I Do Masters With A 3rd Class Degree In Europe (USA)? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Finished With A Third Class Degree, Can I Do Masters? by ProdigalSaviour: 9:26am On Mar 16, 2019
Lol that is a lie...I am a third class degree holder by paper and not by what I can offer...I have gone for interviews after examination and oral interview they would like to access my document and they will be amazed like how..?...I don't want to rember the story that caused my grade but am sure I can stand a 2.1...I have meet them in practice and am better than most of them...I got jobs ..I also rejects ...cos I know what I can offer...las las I have a federal job nown....don't let your school grade determine your value and future.i rather employ intelligence thsn certificate ..lol...testimony
StoneLucifer:
Nobody gives third class degree holder employment these days and nobody admits 3rd class for masters degree directly. Go for PGD first and go and establish a trade..

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Finished With A Third Class Degree, Can I Do Masters? by blackgold2018(m): 9:26am On Mar 16, 2019
sherylbakky:
Just an advice...
He's just trying to chip on his own shoulder.
Instead of him to take in your kind and humanly advice. He's claiming jagaban.

1 Like

Re: Finished With A Third Class Degree, Can I Do Masters? by irumole1975: 9:26am On Mar 16, 2019
dante0147:
Even if you do PHD the highest you can get in Nigeria is Night shift supervisor in an Hotel in Lagos...

Salary 30k tops, excludes benefits like health,house but may be you can get allowance on Transport 200 naira per day x 30 days 6k so you should get up to 40k per month max!

Lol. Right but you typed with your brain shut

Why?

The only on I know that comment thrashly on Nairaland is Victorian. Don't join her pls

3 Likes

Re: Finished With A Third Class Degree, Can I Do Masters? by massinola(m): 9:28am On Mar 16, 2019
kinibigdeal:

Pgd is 18months I think. As per the amount, I have no idea
Bro, pgd isn't 18months oh, before you get frustrated along the line. Federal university of technology minna is one of the cheapest and fastest schools to do any postgraduate program. I finished my master program last year there, and you know what? The PGD students I started the program with in 2015/2016 session graduated with me. That's almost three years. They will tell you 18months. Enter first and see for yourself. No be naija uni again

1 Like

Re: Finished With A Third Class Degree, Can I Do Masters? by TotoNaRubber: 9:28am On Mar 16, 2019
You want to do "Mas What"? Mass Murder ? after you shamefully ran out with a third class.

You want to go there and invent an "inconclusive" class of award?

My brother avoid the four walls of a university for now

2 Likes

Re: Finished With A Third Class Degree, Can I Do Masters? by Nobody: 9:28am On Mar 16, 2019
blackgold2018:
He's just trying to chip on his own shoulder.
Instead of him to take in your kind and humanly advice. He's claiming jagaban.
Smiles...Tnx
Re: Finished With A Third Class Degree, Can I Do Masters? by uuzba(m): 9:28am On Mar 16, 2019
bot101:

Hahaha!! Ignorant shit!! I work full time at a company in Lagos right now and started with a 150k salary and company accomodation and guess what? They haven't even seen my degree till date!! Don't know what I studied, and don't care to know, so in a nutshell, shut the Bleep up, and go find a bearing to your miserable life!!!
This thing is more about personality than about certificate.
Re: Finished With A Third Class Degree, Can I Do Masters? by Davash222(m): 9:28am On Mar 16, 2019
millionboi2:
mumu

Datz why u could die poor or average,if dis ur mentality that trading/entrepreneurship is for not too bright ppl........I pity ur children bcoz thy maybe nothing 4dem to inherite
My children would inherit my properties and investment gotten from my business while your children would inherit your Masters and PHd certificates. Ode!!

1 Like

Re: Finished With A Third Class Degree, Can I Do Masters? by millionboi2: 9:28am On Mar 16, 2019
bot101:

Hahaha!! Ignorant shit!! I work full time at a company in Lagos right now and started with a 150k salary and company accomodation and guess what? They haven't even seen my degree till date!! Don't know what I studied, and don't care to know, so in a nutshell, shut the Bleep up, and go find a bearing to your miserable life!!!
mumu

Times dat ur salary by 12months datz wat some entrepreneur use to buy goods monthly and make more turn.

Its foolishness/cowardice to pick salary over profit.

1 Like

Re: Finished With A Third Class Degree, Can I Do Masters? by omoluka: 9:28am On Mar 16, 2019
Re: Finished With A Third Class Degree, Can I Do Masters? by CirocBoi(m): 9:29am On Mar 16, 2019
twentyk:
Hi, I finished with a Third Class degree in a Federal university and my question is, can I do masters or other higher qualifications....

Just be connected, I know someone with 3rd class that works in chevron

1 Like

Re: Finished With A Third Class Degree, Can I Do Masters? by gbenglex(m): 9:29am On Mar 16, 2019
My best advise for u is to do a conversion program in order to upgrade ur Degree from third class into something higher than that. it only takes u just 2 years. Bsc pass into Bsc Higher eg first class or second class then u can later upgrade to master[b]My best advise for u is to do a conversion program in order to upgrade ur Degree from third class into something higher than that. it only takes u just 2 years. Bsc pass into Bsc Higher eg first class or second class then u can later upgrade to master degree

3 Likes

Re: Finished With A Third Class Degree, Can I Do Masters? by KingAzubuike(f): 9:29am On Mar 16, 2019
dante0147:
Even if you do PHD the highest you can get in Nigeria is Night shift supervisor in an Hotel in Lagos...

Salary 30k tops, excludes benefits like health,house but may be you can get allowance on Transport 200 naira per day x 30 days 6k so you should get up to 40k per month max!
Grow up kid.

1 Like

Re: Finished With A Third Class Degree, Can I Do Masters? by EngrKem: 9:30am On Mar 16, 2019
Oblongata:
May your heart desires be yours. .

Go for PGD or advanced diploma

But if I were you, i would go for another degree or same degree in a distant learning University (like noun),
Why will he go for another of same degree when he can use that 5years time to almost get his PhD ?
Re: Finished With A Third Class Degree, Can I Do Masters? by omoluka: 9:30am On Mar 16, 2019
Nigeria education is almost useless first class or even pass makes no difference these days. I am done with formal schooling unless i see opportunity outside this fuckup place.
Re: Finished With A Third Class Degree, Can I Do Masters? by Branduche: 9:31am On Mar 16, 2019
Unilag professional masters

twentyk:
Hi, I finished with a Third Class degree in a Federal university and my question is, can I do masters or other higher qualifications....

1 Like

Re: Finished With A Third Class Degree, Can I Do Masters? by Bluette(f): 9:31am On Mar 16, 2019
yup, u go for Post graduate diploma first before applying for M. sc just like predegree before degree.
Re: Finished With A Third Class Degree, Can I Do Masters? by mide419: 9:31am On Mar 16, 2019
twentyk:

Hi,
Please see below our Undergraduate and Post Graduate entry requirements.
The tuition fees are on the attached course lists.
We have 3 intakes in a year - January, May and September (September is the Major Intake
when most courses are available)
We have a Campus in Coventry (All Courses) , Scarborough (Undergraduate with low tuition and
flexible entry requirements) and London (our Business Campus - students interested in the
London Campus Business courses and MBA will not be required to have years of experience to
be admitted)
We accept As and Bs in WAEC/WASSC, NECO, GCE, IGCSE + A Levels result and
other accepted country specific O'Level results directly into year 1.
Please note that we now accept applications from under 18 applicants (17,16,15 - subject to
approval) directly into year 1.
Our students do not need to write IELTS provided they have at least an C6 English Language
result in their O'Level result. (Please send only your WAEC, NECO or GCE result if you have
one. DO NOT SEND BOTH WAEC AND IELTS)
We accept 2:1 and 2:2 for postgraduate studies. Students with a 3rd class go to the 3rd year of
related courses in Scarborough and CU Coventry, get a brand new degree after one year from a
list of related courses (attached) and proceed for their masters.
Please do not hesitate to contact me if your application is rejected just to be sure as some
applications are rejected because of badly written personal statement or when it is
impossible to contact a student.
We also offer one year top up program for registered nurses and HND holders and we also offer
the Global Leaders program which afford our students opportunity to travel outside of the UK
during their study with us.
The following courses were previously available to UK/EU students only, but will now be
available to international students:
• BSc Adult Nursing
• BSc Children and Young People’s Nursing
• BSc Learning Disabilities Nursing
• BSc Mental Health Nursing
Please do not hesitate to contact me for further inquiries 07030246270 (whatsapp available)
Thank you.
Regards,

1 Like

Re: Finished With A Third Class Degree, Can I Do Masters? by Cumpel1615: 9:33am On Mar 16, 2019
Dudeweedlmao:
Depends on the 3rd class GP.

If its 2.8/4 you can.

If its 2.8/5 you can't

and who told u 2.8 is a third class?

1 Like

Re: Finished With A Third Class Degree, Can I Do Masters? by millionboi2: 9:33am On Mar 16, 2019
Davash222:

My children would inherit my properties and investment gotten from my business while your children would inherit your Masters and PHd certificates. Ode!!
is like we in dsame party .

I stand with business
Re: Finished With A Third Class Degree, Can I Do Masters? by mide419: 9:34am On Mar 16, 2019
chccho:

U are already asking questions like a 3rdie!!!
Come on, u can't be expecting people to teach/feed u with everything, can't u make your research online or go to some universities and make enquiries This mindset can't get much done for u.
Anyways yes, u can do an Msc if u make up your mind and are determined to. Its all in the mind bro.

We accept 2:1 and 2:2 for postgraduate studies. Students with a 3rd class go to the 3rd year of
related courses in Scarborough and CU Coventry, get a brand new degree after one year from a
list of related courses (attached) and proceed for their masters.
Re: Finished With A Third Class Degree, Can I Do Masters? by Nobody: 9:36am On Mar 16, 2019
NOETHNICITY:
Perfect

Cc, LiveByNight

I never did contract employment , I guess we all have different stars

I started with custodian allied and from there to African petroleum from there the rest was history

My point Is never felt bad or inferior
I looked life in the eye and took her own
.that's the spirit one needs to succeed

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Finished With A Third Class Degree, Can I Do Masters? by olaswim: 9:37am On Mar 16, 2019
PGD before master because you can't be admitted with such class of degree.
Re: Finished With A Third Class Degree, Can I Do Masters? by gidjah(m): 9:37am On Mar 16, 2019
my dear it does today in the education sector in as much he is trying his hands in the education sector,most schools will give him trouble big time.poor result aint fancied in d education sector
sherylbakky:
PGD is doable, u can run ur masters after that. But pls dont lose ur self-esteem cos of ur grade, Ok? It doesnt hlp
Re: Finished With A Third Class Degree, Can I Do Masters? by SEXYBILLIONAIRE(m): 9:37am On Mar 16, 2019
Who degee ep. I graduated with a pass and today I emply first class and two 1 holders

2 Likes

Re: Finished With A Third Class Degree, Can I Do Masters? by Oblongata: 9:38am On Mar 16, 2019
EngrKem:

Why will he go for another of same degree when he can use that 5years time to almost get his PhD ?
in Nigeria there is discrimination against 3rd class...
Re: Finished With A Third Class Degree, Can I Do Masters? by localboy: 9:39am On Mar 16, 2019
Of course you can do Masters but there's need for you to do PGD before you can be enrolled for Masters.
Re: Finished With A Third Class Degree, Can I Do Masters? by uvie66: 9:39am On Mar 16, 2019
twentyk:
are you OK, a third class means you barely got 50% in all your modules, in other words you struggled. How then can you can you do or cope with the advanced stage of the course.
Re: Finished With A Third Class Degree, Can I Do Masters? by dante0147: 9:40am On Mar 16, 2019
NOETHNICITY:
Too many liars on this platform

If you don’t believe people can do big things then I don’t think you see your self doing big things ... Do you know me? Have you ever met me ? To call me a liar that shows how myopic and block headed you are as a person... because I won’t call you a liar knowing too well I have never met you neither have I had anything to do with your filthy THIRD DEGREE LIFE! I don’t need to start trading words with you knowing too well you have nothing to bring to the table except your third degree brain ... Keep basking in the euphoria of your third degree you hungry waif...

2 Likes

Re: Finished With A Third Class Degree, Can I Do Masters? by Rajosh(m): 9:41am On Mar 16, 2019
Wiseandtrue:
grin grin grin you can do mistress no be only masters
Go do postgraduate studies first joooor
lol. funny girl

1 Like

Re: Finished With A Third Class Degree, Can I Do Masters? by oladiran2(m): 9:41am On Mar 16, 2019
If you decide to do your masters in your first degree university. You could stand a chance if your third class is just few points to second class and you can get in touch with your HoD incase there is any special waver but if in another school it's straight pdg first.
twentyk:

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Bilateral Education Agreement (BEA) Scholarship Awards - 2017/2018 / UNIVERSITY OF ILORIN 2014/2015 THREAD. BETTER BY FAR. / Monkey Seen Posing For Pictures In UNN

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 81
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.