Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,261 members, 7,815,428 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 12:13 PM

Ohakim Reveals What He Will Do After Losing Imo State Governorship Election - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ohakim Reveals What He Will Do After Losing Imo State Governorship Election (537 Views)

Tinubu’s Ministerial List: Ohakim Denies Revolting Against Uzodinma / Ikedi Ohakim On Bike As He Campaigns For 2019 (Photos) / 15 Igbo Billionaires To Fund Bianca Ojukwu’s Election Into Senate - Ohakim (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Ohakim Reveals What He Will Do After Losing Imo State Governorship Election by nwokeji29: 9:30pm On Mar 15, 2019
Former Imo State Governor and governorship candidate of Accord Party, Ikedi Ohakim has assured that he Will stay around and remain with the people of Imo State despite losing the 2019 governorship election in the State.

He said he is going nowhere.

Ohakim governed Imo State from 2007- 2011. He sought re election in 2011 but lost to Rochas Okorocha. In 2015, he also lost the governorship ticket of the Peoples Democratic Party, PDP to Hon.Emeka Ihedioha, the eventual winner of the party guber primary.

He dumped the PDP in 2018 and joined the Accord party where he picked the party’s governorship ticket and took part in the polls.

After losing the 2019 Imo governorship election won by Emeka Ihedioha of the PDP, Ohakim says he will continue to interact with the people.

A statement signed by his media adviser, Collins Ughalla reads:

“His Excellency Dr. Ikedi Ohakim has assured the people of Imo State that he remains with them and would be going nowhere.

“Ohakim made the assurance on his Facebook wall on Friday, saying that he will continue to interact with the people.

“According to the former governor: “I’m still here, I’m not going anywhere. We’ll still interact as we used to and I’ll always share ideas with you as you have always shared with me on ways we can make Imo better for all of us.

“I don’t have unlimited and overflowing wealth but God has given me enough to help out when I can afford to, and as I have always done in the past, I’ll always help out when I can.

“Please don’t feel bad if I can’t help you always. I can only help as much as I can afford to.

“My concern has always been to ensure a better future for the good people of Imo State and in any way we can work together to achieve it, we will.

“I’m still here, my dear brothers and sisters. I’m not going anywhere.”

https://innonews.com.ng/2019/03/ohakim-reveals-what-he-will-do-after-losing-imo-guber-election/

1 Share

Re: Ohakim Reveals What He Will Do After Losing Imo State Governorship Election by 3plet: 9:37pm On Mar 15, 2019
Better luck next time ur excellency!
Re: Ohakim Reveals What He Will Do After Losing Imo State Governorship Election by Nobody: 9:40pm On Mar 15, 2019
Where did he want to go before? undecided

(1) (Reply)

Channels TV Post About APC With picture of British Parliament Sitting / Aftermath Of Imo Guber:Is Senator Araraume's Silence Golden? / If We Don’t Restructure, We May Not Have A Country In 10 Years

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.