Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,288 members, 7,818,980 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 09:19 AM

INEC Press Statement On Rivers Governorship Election. - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / INEC Press Statement On Rivers Governorship Election. (38662 Views)

Rescheduling Of Governorship & State HOA Elections: INEC Press Release / INEC Press Release On Reported Registration Issues At Catholic Church In Lagos / INEC's Press Release On Bayelsa And Kogi Elections (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: INEC Press Statement On Rivers Governorship Election. by senatordave1(m): 9:20am On Mar 16, 2019
fasterwell:

Yes na
The same way they mobilised over 40 million votes nationwide for Atiku even before the presidential poll
They even claimed that buhari didn't get 25% in fct
Re: INEC Press Statement On Rivers Governorship Election. by integrity16(m): 9:27am On Mar 16, 2019
lonelydora:

Amaechi wanted to use Sir Precious Barido but he refused their settlement to use him and his Accord party when APC/Amaechi called him to come to Abuja.

That is why they came up with Awara/AAC.

They want Wike out by all means.

It is not a wrong thing to want wike out by all means democratic. They didn't point a gun at wike to remove him. Its pure politics as it is played in rivers.

Wike also don't want anything APC by all means, that's why he is using the court to frustrate Ameachi, there is nothing wrong in that too. Its pure politics as it is played in rivers. My issue is, Awara should be left alone.

1 Like

Re: INEC Press Statement On Rivers Governorship Election. by lonelydora: 9:40am On Mar 16, 2019
integrity16:

It is not a wrong thing to want wike out by all means democratic. They didn't point a gun at wike to remove him. Its pure politics as it is played in rivers.

Wike also don't want anything APC by all means, that's why he is using the court to frustrate Ameachi, there is nothing wrong in that too. Its pure politics as it is played in rivers. My issue is, Awara should be left alone.

Awara is not the issue but the powers that be. It's not his fault luck wants to shine on him. After all, we all pray for divine connection
Re: INEC Press Statement On Rivers Governorship Election. by Nellybii: 9:52am On Mar 16, 2019
TruthinAction:

This is the unofficial results. Just that INEC has not announced it yet. The election is certainly a landslide victory for PDP but Amaechi just want to look for trouble as his party is not participating. Even when APC participated in 2015, they lost by a very wide margin.

This your claims make me to believe that Wike is losing this election. How can you claim that election took place in 2015?

1 Like

Re: INEC Press Statement On Rivers Governorship Election. by buhariguy(m): 9:52am On Mar 16, 2019
nonsobaba:
The INEC statement is kinda ambiguous. When exactly will they start announcing the already collated results?
before then, they Will give definite time, but let assume btw 11am-- 12 noon .

2 Likes

Re: INEC Press Statement On Rivers Governorship Election. by tuniski: 10:07am On Mar 16, 2019
Honor10:

ode ni e, even if PDP win all the remaining states it will still not b equal to the states govern by APC, go sch u no gree.

Hehehhe you are low with this comment.
Re: INEC Press Statement On Rivers Governorship Election. by tuniski: 10:10am On Mar 16, 2019
Babacele:
that is how you have been making noise and PDP has been loosing, and this won't be different.

Pele owner of bragging right.
Re: INEC Press Statement On Rivers Governorship Election. by Chikpat(m): 10:13am On Mar 16, 2019
MahatmaGhandi:

Who is paying you. They are gearing up to set up an APC interim government in the state and you are saying what ?

Who told you that?
How can you be answering MahatmaGhandi, be reasoning like FFK, be talking and acting like Timi Frank and Fayose respectively?
Re: INEC Press Statement On Rivers Governorship Election. by Chikpat(m): 10:14am On Mar 16, 2019
chriskosherbal:
you seem lost

Na when INEC finish work we go know
Re: INEC Press Statement On Rivers Governorship Election. by greggng: 10:18am On Mar 16, 2019
lonelydora:

Loud it for Amaechi to hear. If they declare Awara winner, Rivers will burn.

Nothing will happen. More soldiers will be sent to match the trouble makers strength by strength. The soldiers are their to maintain peace but if anyone attack them , the consequences is better imagined. Chest beating won't save the day....

1 Like

Re: INEC Press Statement On Rivers Governorship Election. by Chikpat(m): 10:24am On Mar 16, 2019
magicfingers009:

Do you live in Rivers State? It’s laughable that the guy is even a contender. He’s not know even in his village. Pray that Wike wins so that the violence that might erupt from this sham election would not cripple Nigeria’s economy. After destroying Ateke Tom’s palace and trying to arrest Asari. It’s seems you are not seeing the tension building in the state.
Amaechi is a blood thirsty vampire and his end would be worse than that of Abacha. How can you be killing your people because of Hausa/Fulani that would always put their kins first? Sending Hausa Soldiers to kill your people.

In a free and fair election between Wike and Amaechi, the Lizard won’t get half of Wike’s votes. Not to talk of this dumb dumb that is on a suicidal mission.

Worst Election in the history of Nigeria’s democracy

Anybody can fail election and anybody can win election. If in doubt check records- Zik, Awolowo, Ojukwu (first failed common senatorial election before becoming a serial failure at the presidential polls), Obasanjo, Babangida,Ekwueme, Akpabio, Akume, Saraki, Atiku, Ali Modu Sheriff, Rimi, Okadigbo, Jonathan etc. Which of these men is Wike bigger than?Its not always by popularity. Leaders emerge from circumstances.
Who was Shagari when he won Zik, Awo them in presidential election?
Ameachi is blood thirsty, yet many people died for Wike to be Gov and many more still died after he became Gov. Why the desperation? Must he be the Gov??
I dont understand what you call free and fair election. Was is free and fair election that made Wike Gov in 2015? Wike has been running from post to post to manipulate elections in Rivers....to the point of trying to corrupt our millitary after being caught corrupting our electoral process with his fake inec staff and many other things. I dont believe Wike will win Ameachi on a good day. From 2014 till date Wike has failed more in gaving his way than Amaechi... His 2015 presidential candidate failed, Amaechi's won. His 2019 presidential candidates failed( from Tambuwal to Atiku), Ameachi's still won again. In 2015, Ameachi's party produced 2 senators in Rivers, Wike's na one. Ameachi is more refined, more exposed, more handsome, more articilate and has even held more posts than Wike will ever smell. Ameachi was NGF chair, fought a failed presidency and brought it down. Can Wike try that? Them no born am well Make e win election first make we see. Kikikiki
Its a saturday morning, dont behave like over sabi dey worry you. By the time INEC calls result, Awara may beat Wike hands down. Dont decieve yoursrlf and dont decieve anybody

1 Like

Re: INEC Press Statement On Rivers Governorship Election. by MahatmaGhandi: 10:28am On Mar 16, 2019
Chikpat:

Who told you that?
How can you be answering MahatmaGhandi, be reasoning like FFK, be talking and acting like Timi Frank and Fayose respectively?

Ghandi does not descriminate. Fayose once warned about an attack on the judiciary and in less than a week they came for the CJN, FFK warned about the militarization of elections long before hand and it did happen, same for Timi Frank. Just like every Nigerian they have their character flaws but you cannot take away the truth that they have contributed to our democracy. History will someday smile on their legacies.
Re: INEC Press Statement On Rivers Governorship Election. by Chikpat(m): 10:46am On Mar 16, 2019
MahatmaGhandi:

Ghandi does not descriminate. Fayose once warned about an attack on the judiciary and in less than a week they came for the CJN, FFK warned about the militarization of elections long before hand and it did happen, same for Timi Frank. Just like every Nigerian they have their character flaws but you cannot take away the truth that they have contributed to our democracy. History will someday smile on their legacies.

Men without honour, without character have no legacy to bequeath to posterity. The trio of FFK, Timi Frank and Fayose are damned by the hypocrisy. Theh destroyed our values and posterity will judge them well.
FFK was with Tinubu/Buhari during yhe formation of APC. The dog wrote many things explainjng why Jonathan was wrong to be president. After the APC merger, Jonathan bought the guy like a slave. He went ahead to be their campaign spokesman and from no where he started demonizing Bahari and APC. What about the Islamization agenda of APC/Buhari FFK made so much noise about then...Well, he pocketed PDP's money and the court cleared him of the corruption charges agaunst him....Obasanjo himself said the boy is a dog and he has remained doggy ever after.
I dont want to waste time on Frank and Fayose.
They are all the same people...men of no honour
Re: INEC Press Statement On Rivers Governorship Election. by Babacele: 10:53am On Mar 16, 2019
tuniski:

Pele owner of bragging right.
don't you think you aptly described yourself?
Re: INEC Press Statement On Rivers Governorship Election. by Chikpat(m): 10:57am On Mar 16, 2019
myproperty:

Next level lies

Next level lies na when Wike dey boast before election, dey claim elusive victory. grin grin grin

https://www.nairaland.com/4976731/election-done-dusted-wike-tells

Wike na Chimpanzee sef
Re: INEC Press Statement On Rivers Governorship Election. by tuniski: 11:11am On Mar 16, 2019
Babacele:
don't you think you aptly described yourself?
Pele
Re: INEC Press Statement On Rivers Governorship Election. by MahatmaGhandi: 11:15am On Mar 16, 2019
Chikpat:

Men without honour, without character have no legacy to bequeath to posterity. The trio of FFK, Timi Frank and Fayose are damned by the hypocrisy. Theh destroyed our values and posterity will judge them well.
FFK was with Tinubu/Buhari during yhe formation of APC. The dog wrote many things explainjng why Jonathan was wrong to be president. After the APC merger, Jonathan bought the guy like a slave. He went ahead to be their campaign spokesman and from no where he started demonizing Bahari and APC. What about the Islamization agenda of APC/Buhari FFK made so much noise about then...Well, he pocketed PDP's money and the court cleared him of the corruption charges agaunst him....Obasanjo himself said the boy is a dog and he has remained doggy ever after.
I dont want to waste time on Frank and Fayose.
They are all the same people...men of no honour

Everybody has a past, the most important thing is that majority of what they have said so far has turned out to be true. As long as they tell the truth I do not have issues with them. The president and his pastor vice are far worse than these men in my opinion.
Re: INEC Press Statement On Rivers Governorship Election. by maasoap(m): 11:27am On Mar 16, 2019
magicfingers009:

Do you live in Rivers State? It’s laughable that the guy is even a contender. He’s not know even in his village. Pray that Wike wins so that the violence that might erupt from this sham election would not cripple Nigeria’s economy. After destroying Ateke Tom’s palace and trying to arrest Asari. It’s seems you are not seeing the tension building in the state.
Amaechi is a blood thirsty vampire and his end would be worse than that of Abacha. How can you be killing your people because of Hausa/Fulani that would always put their kins first? Sending Hausa Soldiers to kill your people.

In a free and fair election between Wike and Amaechi, the Lizard won’t get half of Wike’s votes. Not to talk of this dumb dumb that is on a suicidal mission.

Worst Election in the history of Nigeria’s democracy

You guys made it the "worst election in the history of Nigeria's democracy" because you're the ones who engaged in do or die politics. You are the ones killing one another. INEC didn't arm you with guns and cutlasses, inec only sent electoral materials to your area.

1 Like

Re: INEC Press Statement On Rivers Governorship Election. by Africankel(m): 11:55am On Mar 16, 2019
lonelydora:

I pity some of you that spew rubbish without knowing what is really happening.

Well, i don't blame you, you must be a Kalabari man

Please don't associate the Kalabari man with illiteracy. No true Kalabari man supports Awara, expect those from his small island village.

1 Like

Re: INEC Press Statement On Rivers Governorship Election. by magicfingers009: 12:00pm On Mar 16, 2019
maasoap:

You guys made it the "worst election in the history of Nigeria's democracy" because you're the ones who engaged in do or die politics. You are the ones killing one another. INEC didn't arm you with guns and cutlasses, inec only sent electoral materials to your area.
I don't wanna believe you have a comprehension problem. If you think inec is truly independent, then you probably are not in tune with reality.
Re: INEC Press Statement On Rivers Governorship Election. by Chikpat(m): 12:10pm On Mar 16, 2019
MahatmaGhandi:

Everybody has a past, the most important thing is that majority of what they have said so far has turned out to be true. As long as they tell the truth I do not have issues with them. The president and his pastor vice are far worse than these men in my opinion.

Why would you compare Buhari/Osibanjo with a "dog" like FFK and guys like Frank and Fayose. The trio of FFK, Frank and Fayose all have one thing in common- their names start with "F". That can mean "fvcked" guys or something....they have all "failed" because they have no honour.
I hope u know PMB is a great man?
Re: INEC Press Statement On Rivers Governorship Election. by Nobody: 12:23pm On Mar 16, 2019
id911:

The way you guys reason makes me to always wonder if you guys have conscience at all. Who is the useless Awara you're talking about? Is there anywhere in the world where a candidate that has never campaign, not known, won a major election? People don't even know his party logo so, how Will he win ?

Let INEC declare him winner na, him go just die for nothing

If nobody knows him, how come he has become the subject matter of even you?
Re: INEC Press Statement On Rivers Governorship Election. by Nobody: 12:27pm On Mar 16, 2019
BrokenCock:
aborbi we go make the town smell if Amaechi fuckiala up

Na so una dey make town smell for Nairaland. Go ground go do anyhow then you go hear nwinnn. Online chest beaters. Terror is senseless, Peace is priceless
Re: INEC Press Statement On Rivers Governorship Election. by BrokenCock: 12:52pm On Mar 16, 2019
PatrioticNaija:

Na so una dey make town smell for Nairaland. Go ground go do anyhow then you go hear nwinnn. Online chest beaters. Terror is senseless, Peace is priceless
see zombie wey dey yan rust
Re: INEC Press Statement On Rivers Governorship Election. by MahatmaGhandi: 12:58pm On Mar 16, 2019
Chikpat:

Why would you compare Buhari/Osibanjo with a "dog" like FFK and guys like Frank and Fayose. The trio of FFK, Frank and Fayose all have one thing in common- their names start with "F". That can mean "fvcked" guys or something....they have all "failed" because they have no honour.
I hope u know PMB is a great man?

Buhari is not a great man Bro. His second advent has shown that he is a sectional, tribal and bigoted religious fundamentalist. Sincerely, this is how I see him. My perspective is not baseless, look at how he put shagari under house arrest and locked ekueme in kirikiri, how he called GEJ a theif without evidence and trial compared to how he defended abacha and Ganduje, how his appointment were skewed in favour of his people and when confronted stated that he can only work with people he trusts and later said he did it based on merit, thereby inferring that every other person that is not a northerner is unqualified. Buhari is not and cannot be a great guy, if you think he is, please point me to the great things he has done. He might be a great fulani and a great muslim, but he is not a great Nigerian, No! Obasanjor and GEJ are more worthy Nigerians than him inspite of their flaws.

1 Like

Re: INEC Press Statement On Rivers Governorship Election. by maasoap(m): 1:35pm On Mar 16, 2019
magicfingers009:

I don't wanna believe you have a comprehension problem. If you think inec is truly independent, you probably are not in tune with reality.

INEC is not independent, yet opposition party candidates are being declared winners in the ruling party states. May be, opposition party should be declared winners in the 36 states of the federation so that you guys can believe that inec is truly independent. Have you heard the latest about Bauchi state?
Re: INEC Press Statement On Rivers Governorship Election. by Chikpat(m): 2:27pm On Mar 16, 2019
MahatmaGhandi:

Buhari is not a great man Bro. His second advent has shown that he is a sectional, tribal and bigoted religious fundamentalist. Sincerely, this is how I see him. My perspective is not baseless, look at how he put shagari under house arrest and locked ekueme in kirikiri, how he called GEJ a theif without evidence and trial compared to how he defended abacha and Ganduje, how his appointment were skewed in favour of his people and when confronted stated that he can only work with people he trusts and later said he did it based on merit, thereby inferring that every other person that is not a northerner is unqualified. Buhari is not and cannot be a great guy, if you think he is, please point me to the great things he has done. He might be a great fulani and a great muslim, but he is not a great Nigerian, No! Obasanjor and GEJ are more worthy Nigerians than him inspite of their flaws.
Though i agree with some of your reasonable views, i dont agree with the rest.
In 2008/9, the consequences of the failed economic policies of Bush cascaded into a global financial crisis. With all the counsels from IMF, the World Bank, an assemblage of very renowned economists, Americans were still loosing jobs, businesses started relocating to China (and are still in there till today). It took the presidency of Obama to get a better road map for economic recovery and Americans got more jobs, created more jobs etc. Here in Nigeria, the corruption and impunity of PDP plunged us into an economic recession. "Bad" as Buhari is, without an economic policy as they alleged, he still pulled Nigeria out of recession!
If you say Jonathan is not corrupt, then there is a tendency that you are part of the problems with Nigeria. Last month court granted permanent forfeiture of Patience' money and granted a temporal forfeiture of another one few days ago. Nigerians see the hardtimes of Buhari's presidency but fail to recall how bad it was under Jonathan (and how worse it would have being if Jonathan had another term) that necessitated the change we had in 2015! Because of the suffering in the wilderness, the Isrealites reasoned suffering as slaves in Egypt was better than continuing to the Promise Land. Imagine!
I do not know why people choose to venerate Obasanjo after all he did to us as a country-
1) The massacre at Zaki Biam and Odi that Tamaya's "Dem Mama Soldier" paid tribute to and made more people connect to the Niger Delta struggle.
2) Killing of perceived opposition leaders namely Harry Marshal, Dikibbo, Funsho Williams, Bola Ige etc.
3) Utter disregard for the rule of law as seen in the forceful impeachment of 4 governors (by minority members of the house), the declaration of state of emergency in 5 states, the withholding of state's allocation etc.
4) The expenditure of $16m on power projects without adding a 1MW to our grid.
5) Forceful removal of party chairmen and unwarranted interference in the national assembly that led to frequent leadership change in the NASS.
6) Introduction of Ghano must go politics to the national assembly.
7) Organising fake elections in 2003, 2007 and 2011 whose consequence still lives with us till today. Many Nigerians today, don't believe that votes count because of the bad influence of Obasanjo on our democracy.
I can go on. Buhari is greater than all the men who ruled Nigeria under PDP.
Re: INEC Press Statement On Rivers Governorship Election. by TruthinAction: 3:01pm On Mar 16, 2019
Nellybii:

This your claims make me to believe that Wike is losing this election. How can you claim that election took place in 2015?

I think you are the one losing your mind. AAC that couldn't get up to 40,000 votes in the entire country will come and defeat PDP with millions of followers. I suspect you must be on tramadol.
Re: INEC Press Statement On Rivers Governorship Election. by Yankee101: 3:11pm On Mar 16, 2019
Lovemaester:

are u blaming inec for the security lapses or the use of thugs by the governor and minister, because I believe inec has shown maturity and commitment to credible polls

Wow! Shame on you too for believing
Re: INEC Press Statement On Rivers Governorship Election. by honeychild(f): 4:29pm On Mar 16, 2019
Lovemaester:

I don't understand, so the police and soldiers wike used to kill over 40 youths in cold blood just because of power in 2015 were Igbo people abi

Thank you o. All these people be commenting like they were living underground when Wike and Madam Jonathan held the whole Rivers state to ransom. Not supporting the current bloodshed either but just be honest and blame both parties.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Junaid Mohammed: South Should Forget 2023 Presidency / Saraki Joins President Buhari At Eid Ground / Tinubu's Family House Supports Jide Sanwo—Olu (Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.