Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,473 members, 7,954,850 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 10:52 AM

That Movie Freak - TV/Movies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / That Movie Freak (385 Views)

What's That Movie You Watch 3 Times But You Still Feel Like Watching It Again? / What Is That Movie You Will Watch Over And Over Again?? / What's That Movie You Can't Get Tired To Watch? (Pictures) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

That Movie Freak by Blackbug: 5:09am On Mar 16, 2019
Movies are an escape from my reality and they serve as a source of inspiration when I need encouragement or a push, entertainment when I'm bored, and lullaby when in need good sleep. it is very therapeutic to me.

Well, I am a fan of good Movies, I mean really good Movies. I hate to foretell a plot unless it is a comedy movie. I love action movies with a bit of horror, mixed with sarcasm, maybe a sprinkle of dark sarcasm if possible. Romantic Movies are just for clearing out my head but I hardly watch them.

I am a fan of single Movies, I mean, I can watch series but they have to be exceptional. Nigerian movies are a no no for me.

I have seen a lot of movies by the way but to start the thread, I would analyse the movies I can remember and my opinions about them.

Anyways , that's my introduction
Re: That Movie Freak by Blackbug: 9:51am On Mar 16, 2019
1. Venom

The movie began by showing a space ship crash into earth and in the ship contained tubes of black jelly-like aliens. When rescuers come to site to salvage whatever remained of the ships, one of the aliens escaped through one of the captains of the space ship who in turn passed it to the medical doctor who was trying to help, then to an old woman on the street and to a child at the airport. Meanwhile, in another scene, there is a reporter journalist Eddie brookes (Tom hardy) who had everything he could think of; career, beautiful girl, a big house and a cat he thought he loved which by the way belonged to his fiancee.

All this came crumbling when he was asked by the CEO of his organisation to interview the founder of Life foundation. Meanwhile the previous night he had spied his fiancee's case involving Life Foundation and that gave him questions he asked the founder, Carlton .
The interview led to the sack of Eddie Brooks (Tom hardy) and Anne ( his fiancee) and also the led to the end of their relationship.

While all this is going on, the remaining 3 aliens that where brought from the comet were transported back to the Life Foundation lab who had been the ones in charge of the operations and here I to find out that the aliens were called SYMBIOTES(I am open to correction). The lab began to test this aliens on I think rats, I can't remember but when it seemed like they jelled well, the founder ordered that they be tested on human beings .
This was done with the consent of the people although they had no idea what they were signing up to.

Well, most of them died off as the symbiotes only went into their system,caused damage and came off again or they waited to leech on someone else to transfer the alien.they never stayed.

Problem began when months later one symbiote died and a lead technologist, Dora skirts began to disagree with Carlton's method leading her to go and discuss with former journalist Eddie brook about Life Foundation. Although at first he vehemently refused to listen to her, he changed his mind and they stole into the Life Foundation facility. There he saw a Homeless aquintance of his writhing in one of the secluded compartments and in the bid to break her out, She leaches on him and the alien was passed on to him.

He escaped but then began to have superhuman abilities. With time, The alien began to bond with eddie and introduced himself as 'Venom'. The superhuman side was shown when Carlton asked his assassins to get 'His ' symbiote from brooke. Here we even get to know that the weak points of the alien were High pitched noise and fire.
However remember I told you at the beginning of one alien that escaped, well, it found it's way to Life Foundation and transferred to the Carlton, founder of LIFE Foundation and introduved himself as 'Riot'

At a certain point, Eddie was seprsted from venom by Anne, the ex fiancee of Eddie by an Mri machine (pardon me, I am no science person) which led to the capture of Eddie but when they bonded, the alien said he he was convinced and wanted the both of them (eddie and venom) to bond as they have had an issue of trust between them.

Together, they tried to stop Carlton and Riot from launching into space to get more aliens to earth and although during the fight, there was fire involved, Venom manages to always bond with Eddie and finally Carlton, Riot and venom were blown in flames by the doing of venom.
Finally, Anne, Eddie's ex believes that Eddie and Venom were no longer bonded because she thought that venom was burnt but little did she know that they were still a pair . This pair have now decided to fight crimes in the city.

The End

My opinion: i was sincerely happy when I saw that the movie was produced by Columbia pictures in association with Marvel, I LOVE marvel.
The beginning of the movie was intriguing but when it got to like the first 45minutes and I could not get the plot, I began to fast forward the Movie before I started to get the plot. At some point in the movie, I got confused with the plot, it became bland,less intriguing and predictable. Tom hardy actually saved the movie from being a disaster(he is my crush)

Also, at first, I had envisaged that the alien would act on its own without the use of a human body but with the help of a human. You know, try to save earth with it's ability. Maybe I'm crazy.

it had a predictable happy ending undecided

Rating: 5/10

(1) (Reply)

Ok Guys!!! Let's Have It!!! Game Of Thrones Or Avengers / Activate HBO On Roku Streaming Device / Okike TV Youtube Channel | Out Of Kitchen Episode 1

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.