Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,849 members, 7,813,883 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 08:37 PM

Matured Advice Please. - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Matured Advice Please. (471 Views)

I'm Trying To Help A Scammer, Advice Please? / Should I Take This Deal...? I Need Advice Please / MSc In UK Versus N183k Job Offer: Advice Please (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Matured Advice Please. by Reuben2012(m): 3:52pm On Mar 16, 2019
Good evening house. kindly adive me on which path to follow. Early january this year, I took up a job as a sexton in one of the Anglican church here in Lagos. I was given an apartment of my own inside the church compound. The pay is 20k. I purposely took up the job because I have nothing doing and I must survive here in Lagos.I eventually secured another job as Accounting Asistant with my ND since my HND certificate have not been released. The pay was 50k. I explained to the Vicar of the church where I work for. He advised me to do two job together that he really love my courage to survive. I started doing both job together after three weeks additional 10k was added to my salary making 60k. The issue is this when i was busy looking for job to survive here in Lagos, one of my family friend a police officer agreed to help me in as a constable. although I don't like it but I had no choice than to just continued applying for any opportunities that comes my way. Just yesterday he called me to travel down to Ibadan for 5wks screening after that I will sit for another exams before names of successful candidate will be pasted. My fear is this.If. i am going for police job I have two resign from my two newly Job. I am just perplexed. I am really learning on that new job I just got I mean the Account Assistant. My plan is to tender my HND Certificate when release by my school management for salary increase or I should just wait for the end of six month for my confirmation. House kindly advice me. please. Thanks
Re: Matured Advice Please. by TONYE001(m): 3:56pm On Mar 16, 2019
Where really is your heart? Accounting? Law enforcement?

Always remember that a gift at hand is better than a billion promises on the way.

1 Like

Re: Matured Advice Please. by Shelumiel: 4:00pm On Mar 16, 2019
Brother , go what will profit you in the long run ; especially the one that has a nice pension plan .
Re: Matured Advice Please. by Nobody: 4:01pm On Mar 16, 2019
Continue ur hustle, if u ar gonna quit dat hustle for another job....Not for Nigeria "police" pls.

Lets assume u dont av anything doing n u ar stranded, i wud av said u "can" consider it.

Just advising u like my own brother.

Nigeria police in d house, abeg make una no vex...We all know how d tin be.
Re: Matured Advice Please. by Reuben2012(m): 4:09pm On Mar 16, 2019
[quote author=TONYE001 post=76711763]Where really is your heart? Accounting? Law enforcement?

Always remember that a gift at hand is better than a billion promises on the way.

Actually, I travel down to Lagos to pursue Project Managent Career. But unfortunately I was sacked after three weeks of joining that organization. During thr period i was lonely and thinking about my life and what to do was when I started thinking why cant i start to build my career in Accounting inasmuch that was what u studied in school for Four good years . I started praying about it that God should make a way for me and it happened. it seems it just a redirection.
Re: Matured Advice Please. by Tony142: 5:56pm On Mar 16, 2019
Do not go for dat police stuff, focus on ur two jobs and save money to start a lucrative business in the future e.g pharmacy business

85% of jobs in Nigeria is base on connection , my father is a police officer, so I know what I am saying, police work is not like bfore , B4 u can get slot u will need to pay 300k to be consider, or u most be recommended by a top politician , the number of those employed on merit in the nigeria police force nowadays is not upto 20%

In some state over 10,000 people applied and less than 500 will be employed, out of dat 500
The number of those dat will be employed on merit will not be more than 30, the rest space will be sold to big men to buy, u need at least 300k and above to buy a slot, so just focus on ur two jobs, save money for raining days and start a lucrative business in the future

Wish u success

1 Like

Re: Matured Advice Please. by Wizywiz(m): 12:26am On Mar 17, 2019
@tony u said it all...op police work no be work..atleast ur people still need u..biko focus on ur job and save
..save i mean save..avoid umu nwanyi

(1) (Reply)

15 Habits To Making You Mentally Strong / The Top 10 Best Jobs Of 2019 / Best Jobs In The World / Best Jobs For The Future / Singer, Ciara Poses Pantless In New Racy Photos To Promote Her New Album 18+

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.