Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,026 members, 7,799,510 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 11:03 PM

. - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / . (516 Views)

Is Mary Omnipresent Like God That She Can Hear All Those Praying To Her? / Can Satan Also Be Refers To As Omnipresent / Yaweh Created The Earth In 5 Days And The Rest of The Universe In Just 1 Day (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

. by Nobody: 11:12pm On Mar 16, 2019

1 Like

Re: . by FemiEddy(m): 11:19pm On Mar 16, 2019
iRyan:
What does Yaweh having angels actually imply? Angels are like messengers. A king or ruler needs his messengers because he cannot be everywhere at the same time to know what is happening at every nook, cranny, corner and alley. If a heavenly king like Yaweh truly has angels, is it safe to declare that he isn't omnipresent? You cant say that someone is omnipresent meanwhile the person requires a group of people he's hired to keep him updated on things happening around him. Talk of someone who cant see beyond his own nose. If you read through the Bible we see verses that raise eyebrows about Yahweh's actual capabilities.How does a book claim something and yet still subtlety oppose it?

Christians in the house I'll be leaving the floor open for you all to refute this piece

Jeremiah 23:23-24
"Can a man hide himself in hiding places So I do not see him?" declares the LORD "Do I not fill the heavens and the earth?" declares the LORD. "Am I a God who is near," declares the LORD, "And not a God far off?

Proverbs 15:3
The eyes of the LORD are in every place, Watching the evil and the good.

1 Kings 8:27
"But will God indeed dwell on the earth? Behold, heaven and the highest heaven cannot contain You, how much less this house which I have built!

Acts 17:24
"The God who made the world and all things in it, since He is Lord of heaven and earth, does not dwell in temples made with hands;

Colossians 1:17
He is before all things, and in Him all things hold together.

Matthew 18:20
"For where two or three have gathered together in My name, I am there in their midst."

Isaiah 57:15
For thus says the high and exalted One Who lives forever, whose name is Holy, "I dwell on a high and holy place, And also with the contrite and lowly of spirit In order to revive the spirit of the lowly And to revive the heart of the contrite.

Hebrews 4:12
For the word of God is living and active and sharper than any two-edged sword, and piercing as far as the division of soul and spirit, of both joints and marrow, and able to judge the thoughts and intentions of the heart.

Psalm 139:3
You scrutinize my path and my lying down, And are intimately acquainted with all my ways.

Psalm 139:5
You have enclosed me behind and before, And laid Your hand upon me.

Psalm 139:7-10
Where can I go from Your Spirit? Or where can I flee from Your presence? If I ascend to heaven, You are there; If I make my bed in Sheol, behold, You are there. If I take the wings of the dawn, If I dwell in the remotest part of the sea.

Isaiah 66:1
Thus says the LORD, "Heaven is My throne and the earth is My footstool Where then is a house you could build for Me? And where is a place that I may rest?

Psalm 113:4-6
The LORD is high above all nations; His glory is above the heavens. Who is like the LORD our God, Who is enthroned on high, Who humbles Himself to behold The things that are in heaven and in the earth?

Acts 17:27
that they would seek God, if perhaps they might grope for Him and find Him, though He is not far from each one of us;

Matthew 6:6
"But you, when you pray, go into your inner room, close your door and pray to your Father who is in secret, and your Father who sees what is done in secret will reward you.

Psalm 32:8
I will instruct you and teach you in the way which you should go; I will counsel you with My eye upon you.

Job 34:21
"For His eyes are upon the ways of a man, And He sees all his steps.
Re: . by Nobody: 5:31pm On Mar 18, 2019
@femieddy maybe you didn't get the premise of my argument. Yes I have seen most of those verses before but they still do not answer the question rather they are self contradictory when you also look at the verse that had angels going up and down a ladder, bringing blessings from God and going up with prayers of God's people. My point is.. Doesn't someone having messengers mean that the person isnt all knowing or all seing? Like why do you need to have people who report news about other people to you...
Re: . by FemiEddy(m): 6:26pm On Mar 18, 2019
iRyan:
@femieddy maybe you didn't get the premise of my argument. Yes I have seen most of those verses before but they still do not answer the question rather they are self contradictory when you also look at the verse that had angels going up and down a ladder, bringing blessings from God and going up with prayers of God's people. My point is.. Doesn't someone having messengers mean that the person isnt all knowing or all seing? Like why do you need to have people who report news about other people to you...
Don't you know the world we are in? Don't you know The Lord dwelled with man before Man's disobedience? Do you think any Man in Flesh can see the Face of The Lord? You need to ask for the Holy Spirit. You cant read the Bible (The word) without the spirit of God. I received Grace, and it's available for All.
Re: . by Atewo400(m): 6:33pm On Mar 18, 2019
the dude does not even exist not to talk omnipresent
Re: . by sonmvayina(m): 6:39pm On Mar 18, 2019
God is the personification of totality of the consciousness of the universe fully embodied.. There is only one... The igbos calls it Chukwu, the yorubas calls it ELEDUMARE, the Binis calls it osanobua... Etc.. Same spirit different nomenclature.. What you call angels is what the yoruba calls Orisha.. They are the different aspects of the divine consciousness... Just like in Nigeria, you have one government but different ministries with different minister heading each ministry.... They all are part of the government.... They all report to the head of government in this case.. The creator of all... Every thing he created are all subject to him.. The devil is not even an exception.....
Re: . by Nobody: 6:50pm On Mar 18, 2019
sonmvayina:
God is the personification of totality of the consciousness of the universe fully embodied.. There is only one... The igbos calls it Chukwu, the yorubas calls it ELEDUMARE, the Binis calls it osanobua... Etc.. Same spirit different nomenclature.. What you call angels is what the yoruba calls Orisha.. They are the different aspects of the divine consciousness... Just like in Nigeria, you have one government but different ministries with different minister heading each ministry.... They all are part of the government.... They all report to the head of government in this case.. The creator of all... Every thing he created are all subject to him.. The devil is not even an exception.....
so is Allah and the Christian God the same entity?
Re: . by Atewo400(m): 6:52pm On Mar 18, 2019
hey let's get this clear
God is omnipresent?? kk

he was there when we were enslaved and he did nothing

he wasn't there when the Holocaust happened and he didn't do anything

he was/is there as priests assault children and it's like he is not there??
he has/is with children that starved to death and couldn't feed them

let's analyse
I think this God is not anywhere not to talk of every where

critically saying if u are serving something so useless and pay 10% of ur income to dont u think u are wasting money

USE THAT 10% TO FEED THE POOR!!!!!

If u are saying it is God that allows good things to happen to u I think u should also blame him for evil things that happen to u
and don't forget good also happen to unbelievers and evil also happen

'I don't think this world is a handwork of a
'all knowing, all powerful and all loving God '
someone said
"thanking God In a tragedy just because it's not u is like send ding a thanks note a psycho for attacking a neighbour next door"
I think it's time for man to stand up and think critically

bobowaja
strikeback
dalaman
HappyPagan
hopefullandlord
iamsabrina
xxsabrinaxx
fleximor
hardmirror
annyplenty
tatime
ooman
oladegbu
hahn
luciferprophet
1stsonoflucifer

u are welcome
Re: . by sonmvayina(m): 7:02pm On Mar 18, 2019
lipsrsealed
futurist369:

No, Allah is one aspect of the divine consciousness.. It is the moon God.. The babylonian called Him Nanna.. Christianity is just a well crafted deceit there is just nothing divine about it...
Re: . by FemiEddy(m): 7:11pm On Mar 18, 2019
Atewo400:
hey let's get this clear
God is omnipresent?? kk

he was there when we were enslaved and he did nothing

he wasn't there when the Holocaust happened and he didn't do anything

he was/is there as priests assault children and it's like he is not there??
he has/is with children that starved to death and couldn't feed them

let's analyse
I think this God is not anywhere not to talk of every where

critically saying if u are serving something so useless and pay 10% of ur income to dont u think u are wasting money

USE THAT 10% TO FEED THE POOR!!!!!

If u are saying it is God that allows good things to happen to u I think u should also blame him for evil things that happen to u
and don't forget good also happen to unbelievers and evil also happen

'I don't think this world is a handwork of a
'all knowing, all powerful and all loving God '
someone said
"thanking God In a tragedy just because it's not u is like send ding a thanks note a psycho for attacking a neighbour next door"
I think it's time for man to stand up and think critically

bobowaja
strikeback
dalaman
HappyPagan
hopefullandlord
iamsabrina
xxsabrinaxx
fleximor
hardmirror
annyplenty
tatime
ooman
oladegbu
hahn
luciferprophet
1stsonoflucifer

u are welcome
You talk about Religion, Religion created by Man. If you want to know God, You need to seek Him, There is Grace available for All. All this you wrote, are just our own normal Human thinking. I received Grace and that Grace is available for you too. Seek the Truth
Re: . by FemiEddy(m): 7:25pm On Mar 18, 2019
futurist369:
There is only one True Living God. The God of Abraham Isaac and Jacob. He came to Earth in flesh as Jesus Christ of Nazareth. The Holy Quran records His name severally but as a Prophet. Quran says there is only One God (Allah) , The Bible says there is A God whom out of love for His creation sent His only begotten Son that anyone who believes in Him would not Perish but have everlasting life so They are not the same God. I only show the difference, I do not condemn.
Re: . by FemiEddy(m): 6:13pm On Mar 22, 2019
iRyan:
What does Yaweh having angels actually imply? Angels are like messengers. A king or ruler needs his messengers because he cannot be everywhere at the same time to know what is happening at every nook, cranny, corner and alley. If a heavenly king like Yaweh truly has angels, is it safe to declare that he isn't omnipresent? You cant say that someone is omnipresent meanwhile the person requires a group of people he's hired to keep him updated on things happening around him. Talk of someone who cant see beyond his own nose. If you read through the Bible we see verses that raise eyebrows about Yahweh's actual capabilities.How does a book claim something and yet still subtlety oppose it?

Christians in the house I'll be leaving the floor open for you all to refute this piece
Read Exodus 20 : 18-21

(1) (Reply)

Who Fix Easter Date? / ... / Those Going Through Annulment Process In The Catholic Church

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.