Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,624 members, 7,809,319 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 07:45 AM

Help, My Landlady Is Threatening My Life - Properties - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Help, My Landlady Is Threatening My Life (510 Views)

My Landlady And Her Daughter Want To Finish Me! / Having Issues With My Landlady, I Need Your Honest Advise / Help, My Landlady Is Threatening My Life (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Help, My Landlady Is Threatening My Life by betterbest: 5:39am On Mar 17, 2019
I got the house through one agent November 2017, a room self contained. When I moved in, I discovered whenever I put on my small tiger Gen, the rest tenants would have light. I approached the landlady beg her to let me connect my own wire sepererately. She was just yelling at me and asked me to move out if I can't cope, she said she'll never allow separate wire in her compound. I couldn't use my generator for several months. August 2018, I bought a bigger generator, that help a little as I was able to use light, the rest tenants still have light but I have no choice. Meanwhile, in that house, you must not receive visitors, you must not put on face cap and you dare not talk to your fellow neighbors, she always suspects everybody, people in that community always wonder how we're able to stay in that compound. Though I hardly stay in the house, I traveled a lot.

I renewed my rent November last year. I traveled that same month, when I came back January 2019, I was told the landlady had locked generator house, preventing everybody from using generator, those living upstairs moved their generator up, that's when my nightmare began. I couldn't use Gen I couldn't sleep, whenever people living upstairs powered their generators, I won't be able to sleep, my ears is constantly on fire. I always drenched in my own sweat every night. Meanwhile she's putting on her own Gen from 7pm till the following morning 6am everyday. All the tenants have asked for refund of their money, 1 has moved out already, a neighbor suggested we approach her again and beg her. I told him it's a very bad idea because she won't listen... We approached her anyway, she was just shouting... and told me to get my balance if I can't cope. I called the agent and demanded for my rent (the remaining months).

A neighbor husband was trying to plead with her on the same Gen issue, she disgraced him, calling him an armed robber. Infact we are living in hell in that house. No free movement, she told me to remove my gotv because of the cable.

Friday evening, I couldn't sleep I have my bath and stepped outside to have a fresh air around 7.30- 8p.m when I came back from work. She was about driving out, the security guy open gate for her, I greeted her and she responded. Around 7am I heard her telling the caretaker that I wanted to rob her that what am I doing outside with just towel on at night...we have 2 separate buildings in that compound, hers is behind the tenant own... Very far to the entrance gate. I was shocked to hear such accusation against me, I confronted her, she said instead of her to refund my money that I'm going to spend it in police station that she'll ask the area boys to deal with me, she said if nothing happens to me now that she gives me just 6 months. I left for work around 8.30am my neighbor called to stay away from the house for now that she brought some guys to the compound, telling them that I wanted to rob and rape her lol (70) years old woman.

I went straight to the police station to report the case around 10am. The police said we should invite her, we got to the house but met her absent.

6pm yesterday, a police called me that my landlady has order my arrest for rape case that I should report to the Area m police station tomorrow 10.am. I'll be going there tomorrow.

Please how best can I handle this case. Thank you
Re: Help, My Landlady Is Threatening My Life by Davash222(m): 6:00am On Mar 17, 2019
Na too much familiarity dey cause all these nonsense. The only business I have with my landlord is house rent and greetings. If you like be Dangote as my landlord, I don't care. I greet you, I pass. Shikena!
Re: Help, My Landlady Is Threatening My Life by betterbest: 6:04am On Mar 17, 2019
Davash222:
Na too much familiarity dey cause all these nonsense. The only business I have with my landlord is house rent and greetings. If you like be Dangote as my landlord, I don't care. I greet you, I pass. Shikena!

She's not even approachable, almost impossible to make friend with her. But she dey answer greeting
Re: Help, My Landlady Is Threatening My Life by daddytime(m): 6:49am On Mar 17, 2019
The woman like most landlords and especially landladies is obviously schizophrenic or has dual personality disorder.

However, in this case and as narrated in the bolded below in your own words: Meanwhile, in that house, you must not receive visitors, you must not put on face cap and you dare not talk to your fellow neighbors, she always suspects everybody, people in that community always wonder how we're able to stay in that compound.

I blame you. Even inmates at kirikiri are allowed fez caps, exchanging of pleasantries with fellow inmates and so on.

Now tell me, why would you renew your rent after noticing the aforementioned in your first year or her madness only started after you renewed?

I no understand some people I swear.

The landlord dem dey look face before dem try their bullshit sha..
Any landlord wey try try nonsense with me..I go sell am join the house before e realise am.

1 Like

Re: Help, My Landlady Is Threatening My Life by Oblongata: 6:56am On Mar 17, 2019
See the best way to go is to leave that house, those type of women will destroy you with her tongue. ..

Hope you were not also giving her a hard time ?

Take some old men with you and go and beg her, let her know that you are willing to move, and you are willing to forfeit your balance.

Remind her that she is still like a mother to you, and you will always see her as one...

Brother leave the house jejely, maybe in some months time so that you can gather more money. It is well with you.

1 Like

Re: Help, My Landlady Is Threatening My Life by ITbomb(m): 7:12am On Mar 17, 2019
In spite of all these nonsense you come renew your rent.
Place wey me I go park out leave the rent for her if collecting balance go give me headache

1 Like

Re: Help, My Landlady Is Threatening My Life by emerged01(m): 7:14am On Mar 17, 2019
Op,I have you to blame. How can you renew your rent in that kind of house? If you have money the best thing is to relocate.

1 Like

Re: Help, My Landlady Is Threatening My Life by noble71(m): 9:55am On Mar 17, 2019
betterbest:
I got the house through one agent November 2017, a room self contained. When I moved in, I discovered whenever I put on my small tiger Gen, the rest tenants would have light. I approached the landlady beg her to let me connect my own wire sepererately. She was just yelling at me and asked me to move out if I can't cope, she said she'll never allow separate wire in her compound. I couldn't use my generator for several months. August 2018, I bought a bigger generator, that help a little as I was able to use light, the rest tenants still have light but I have no choice. Meanwhile, in that house, you must not receive visitors, you must not put on face cap and you dare not talk to your fellow neighbors, she always suspects everybody, people in that community always wonder how we're able to stay in that compound. Though I hardly stay in the house, I traveled a lot.

I renewed my rent November last year. I traveled that same month, when I came back January 2019, I was told the landlady had locked generator house, preventing everybody from using generator, those living upstairs moved their generator up, that's when my nightmare began. I couldn't use Gen I couldn't sleep, whenever people living upstairs powered their generators, I won't be able to sleep, my ears is constantly on fire. I always drenched in my own sweat every night. Meanwhile she's putting on her own Gen from 7pm till the following morning 6am everyday. All the tenants have asked for refund of their money, 1 has moved out already, a neighbor suggested we approach her again and beg her. I told him it's a very bad idea because she won't listen... We approached her anyway, she was just shouting... and told me to get my balance if I can't cope. I called the agent and demanded for my rent (the remaining months).

A neighbor husband was trying to plead with her on the same Gen issue, she disgraced him, calling him an armed robber. Infact we are living in hell in that house. No free movement, she told me to remove my gotv because of the cable.

Friday evening, I couldn't sleep I have my bath and stepped outside to have a fresh air around 7.30- 8p.m when I came back from work. She was about driving out, the security guy open gate for her, I greeted her and she responded. Around 7am I heard her telling the caretaker that I wanted to rob her that what am I doing outside with just towel on at night...we have 2 separate buildings in that compound, hers is behind the tenant own... Very far to the entrance gate. I was shocked to hear such accusation against me, I confronted her, she said instead of her to refund my money that I'm going to spend it in police station that she'll ask the area boys to deal with me, she said if nothing happens to me now that she gives me just 6 months. I left for work around 8.30am my neighbor called to stay away from the house for now that she brought some guys to the compound, telling them that I wanted to rob and rape her lol (70) years old woman.

I went straight to the police station to report the case around 10am. The police said we should invite her, we got to the house but met her absent.

6pm yesterday, a police called me that my landlady has order my arrest for rape case that I should report to the Area m police station tomorrow 10.am. I'll be going there tomorrow.

Please how best can I handle this case. Thank you
Sorry bro for what you are going through, you have to be very careful with that woman, I feel she is going through frustration and looking for who to redirect her anger to. Meanwhile never stay in a house that the landlord/Landlady is staying. I learnt my lessons when I was a student.
Lalasticlala come and help this bro.

1 Like

Re: Help, My Landlady Is Threatening My Life by drkay(m): 4:01pm On Mar 17, 2019
Get someone to follow you to the police station. Hold some cash because you won't leave there without spending some cash. That's even if they grant you bail.
However, if they didn't free u, you may need to get a lawyer and take her up on false accusations, Since she doesn't have any evidence to back her claims up.
She has paranoid personality disorder, too bad.
Move out of that house asap. Don't waste your time by trying to collect ur rent balance or anything. God is your strength bro.

1 Like

Re: Help, My Landlady Is Threatening My Life by betterbest: 4:56pm On Mar 17, 2019
drkay:
Get someone to follow you to the police station. Hold some cash because you won't leave there without spending some cash. That's even if they grant you bail.
However, if they didn't free u, you may need to get a lawyer and take her up on false accusations, Since she doesn't have any evidence to back her claims up.
She has paranoid personality disorder, too bad.
Move out of that house asap. Don't waste your time by trying to collect ur rent balance or anything. God is your strength bro.

Thank you so much bro. The matter has been resolved. She police told her she doesn't have a case against me and she should make peace with her tenant.
Re: Help, My Landlady Is Threatening My Life by drkay(m): 8:03pm On Mar 17, 2019
betterbest:

Thank you so much bro. The matter has been resolved. She police told her she doesn't have a case against me and she should make peace with her tenant.
Oh great!

(1) (Reply)

Property Request In Lagos / The Francophone Artisan Vs The Nigerian Artisan / Abandoned Building For Sale At College Road Ifako Ijaiye Karaole Estate Bus Stop

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.