Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,740 members, 7,820,548 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 04:57 PM

Keep Your Eyes Fixed On Jesus :- Peace In Chaos - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Keep Your Eyes Fixed On Jesus :- Peace In Chaos (233 Views)

How To Have Peace In Difficult Times / PA Ikhide Ikheloa: The Bible Is A Work Of Fiction, Africans Open Your Eyes / An Evaluation Of Atum's Revelation On Jesus Christ (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Keep Your Eyes Fixed On Jesus :- Peace In Chaos by pinkpearl17(f): 6:46am On Mar 17, 2019
We do this by keeping our eyes on Jesus, the champion who initiates and perfects our faith. Because of the joy awaiting him, he endured the cross, disregarding its shame. Now he is seated in the place of honor beside God’s throne.

Hebrew 12.2 NLT

There is a cloud of uncertainty hovering in this world. It is like a wind trying to sweep away everything in its path. In spite of this, as Christians, we can only stand fast when we keep our eyes on Jesus.

To keep your eyes fixed on Jesus simply means to have such a deep connection wuth Him that every other thing about you aligns with Him. You lose this alignment when you lose focus.

There are two ways we can tend to lose focus on Jesus

1. When we let the world define who we are, what we do and how we should be.
Your eye is like a lamp that provides light for your body. When your eye is healthy, your whole body is filled with light.

23. But when your eye is unhealthy, your whole body is filled with darkness. And if the light you actually think you have is darkness, how deep that darkness is!

Matthew 6: 22&23

Before anything corrupts the body, we have to see it first either through our physical eyes or mind eyes. Our eyes is like the compass of the body, once it is fixed right, everything falls into place.

On the other hand, if it constantly darts from one place to other with no focus, the body will stumble. Our eye becomes unhealthy when we attend exclusively to things of this world with no consideration for God.

Though we are in the world but not of the world. At all times, we need to be reminded of the purpose why we were placed on this earth. We shouldn't lose focus of our assignment or get carried away by the actions of others.

We cannot serve two masters. We cannot follow the world and still remain in God. The world has its ideas of how we should look, feel, act, be, so it is easy to get entagled by the world's distraction. Who we are and will ever be can only be found in Christ Jesus.

To let situations or people keep us away from Him.

2. Trying to let our circumstances swallow us and dictate for us how to feel and act.

In this world, there will be trials and tribulations but fear not, for i have overcomed the world.

The disciples would have chosen to focus on Jesus with them in the boat but they choose to dwell on the raging storm. Jesus was there with them but they were fearful.

This is a perfect example of how we live our lives, Regardless of the promise to be with us at all times, we fret and struggle when a mountain confronts us.

How can these things distract us?

A. By taking up time meant for the study of the word. The word is strength and we we longer go there to draw power, we necome weakened and susceptible to backsliding.

B. Occupying our mind so much and we forget to pray.

Yielding to distractions

Many of us are so trapped by our phones and social media that we don't have time to worship.

Personally, i barely watch TV. It is so distracting. From watching an hour program, you get drawn in and before you realize it, hours have passed by.

Anything that takes up your time and emotions has become a god to you. Note this.

Peter was successfully walking on the water until he took his eyes off Jesus, then he began to sink.

When you take focus off yourself and your trials to Jesus, your life becomes easier because you will feel a level of peace that will drown out the chaos going on around you.
They do not fear bad news; they confidently trust the Lord to care for them.

Psalms 112:7 NLT

Forget the past, stop hanging around people that undermines your faith. It can make you lose focus.
No, dear brothers and sisters, I have not achieved it, but I focus on this one thing: Forgetting the past and looking forward to what lies ahead,

I press on to reach the end of the race and receive the heavenly prize for which God, through Christ Jesus, is calling us.

Philippians 3:13‭-‬14 NLT

Keeping your eyes on Jesus means turning away from a world that urges you to do more, be more, a world that qualifies your worth on material possessions. It means knowing Him more, to focus on who He is and His promises to us.
Since you have been raised to new life with Christ, set your sights on the realities of heaven, where Christ sits in the place of honor at God’s right hand.

Colossians 3:1 NLT

It means looking for Him in everyday mundane details, trusting in Him to intercede for you when you are too weak to pray, mediatating on a scripture a day at least, giving thanks to him all day long regardless of the prevailing situation.

It means seeking for His opinion before making major or minor decisions.

It means involving Him in all you do as the author and finisher of your faith.

To fix your eyes on Jesus means to be a light in this dark world. To be the one people can come to and know about the love of Christ through your acts of kindness. It means evolving into all you were called to be.

It is not too late to shift your focus back to Him.

Please, Say this prayer with me

Blessed Father,

There are many temptations, trials and distractions in the world but i have got my eyes fixed on you. All i am is You. All i ever pray to be is your vessel unto honour.

Help me to get rid of things or cut off relationships that do not glorify you. Seperare me from things or people that keep me from you. Take me to a place of total surrender to your will and choices. Amen.

Finally, let this verse sink in
Look straight ahead, and fix your eyes on what lies before you. Mark out a straight path for your feet; stay on the safe path. Don’t get sidetracked; keep your feet from following evil.

Proverbs 4:25‭-‬27 NLT

Before i go, i want you to share what situatons recently which might have caused you to take your eyes of Jesus. How did you overcome it?

Feel free to like and share.

Stay blessed

https://musingsandroses./2019/03/16/keep-your-eyes-on-jesus/
Re: Keep Your Eyes Fixed On Jesus :- Peace In Chaos by orisa37: 7:23am On Mar 17, 2019
Do not be conformed to The World.

(1) (Reply)

Meditation Over An Exchange Between Two University Lecturers In Ibadan / Open Heavens Daily Devotional 31/03/19 / Cleric Who Defiled Neighbour’s Daughter Remanded In Prison

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.