Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,587 members, 7,837,214 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 07:09 PM

9th NASS: Denying S’east Senate President Will Lead To Renewed Agitation - Bello - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 9th NASS: Denying S’east Senate President Will Lead To Renewed Agitation - Bello (2255 Views)

Orji Uzor Kalu In Tears As 9th NASS Bows Out / 9th NASS: APC May Regret Imposing Lawan As Senate President – Group / 9th NASS: Epic Battle Brews In Senate (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

9th NASS: Denying S’east Senate President Will Lead To Renewed Agitation - Bello by AmadiAba: 8:46am On Mar 17, 2019
The convener of Project for National Accommodation, as well as an activist and advocate for peaceful coexistence, Osaretin Bello, supports the Southeast for the position of Senate President, Igbere TV reports.

Although he hails from the South-south, he said in the interest of peace, justice and fairness, the Southeast should be considered first for the position.

He argued: “I don’t see any reason the Southeast particularly would not be accommodated in this government because if you see the outcome of the elections, there is significant improvement from the 2015 in 2019 in terms of voter demography. However, the Southeast deserves a principal position. Like the South-south, they are being accommodated by being given the chairmanship position, the Southwest has the vice president, the Northwest has the president.

“The Northeast has the SGF. These are principal positions and, of course, the Northeast as well has the Speaker. So, there is nothing bad if the Southeast is being compensated with the position of Senate President.

“We have people who are credible from the area. The Southeast was left out in 2015 because they never had a senator elected on the platform of the APC, but now we have senators elected on the platform of the APC.

“We have Rochas Okorocha; we have Orji Uzor Kalu, who is a ranking parliamentarian. Mind you, he was in the House of Representatives before. So, this time around, there are no excuses. The Southeast rightly deserves that position of the Senate President.

“Not giving it to them will lead to a lot of agitations and disharmony. It will look as if a certain party or characters of persons are not needed in a given political space. And I don’t think that is good for our democracy. Democracy is all encompassing. We must have the open hand to accommodate all and sundry. In politics, you work from the position of strength to the position of weakness and we use that as a bait to bring everybody to the centre.

“Mark you, the Southeast holds the economic nerve of this country. They have contributed a lot and in 2015, most of these actors that I have just mentioned were not there. Now that they are on board, what are we talking about? They must be carried along.”

Stay with Igbere TV, Africa’s numero uno.

DO YOU SUPPORT THE CALL FOR APC TO ZONE SENATE PRESIDENT TO SOUTH EAST

Yes or No

Re: 9th NASS: Denying S’east Senate President Will Lead To Renewed Agitation - Bello by oyebanji44: 8:47am On Mar 17, 2019
grin grin grin grin that's a terrible thing to say.

2 Likes

Re: 9th NASS: Denying S’east Senate President Will Lead To Renewed Agitation - Bello by Nobody: 8:52am On Mar 17, 2019
If APC gives that seat to the SE, then PDP should be jittery but I know they are too dumb for that unless they are already scheming for 2023.

2 Likes

Re: 9th NASS: Denying S’east Senate President Will Lead To Renewed Agitation - Bello by Nobody: 8:54am On Mar 17, 2019
Igbere TV reporting. Lol.

There's a Senate standing rule that only ranking senators can become senate presidents.

Pathetically, the only APC ranking senator from the southeast, Ben Uwajumogu has no clout.

It will also be an uphill task to get northern senators, among whom are interested in the seat, to vote for an alteration to the Senate standing rule to favour Kalu.

Technically, I think southeast stands no chance

5 Likes

Re: 9th NASS: Denying S’east Senate President Will Lead To Renewed Agitation - Bello by Nobody: 8:55am On Mar 17, 2019
Wetin concern Edo man with Jew matter. Abeg agitate for Edo deputy senate and leave jews alone

8 Likes

Re: 9th NASS: Denying S’east Senate President Will Lead To Renewed Agitation - Bello by helinues: 8:55am On Mar 17, 2019
We are waiting for their agitations..

They have already sold Biafra for Vp position

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: 9th NASS: Denying S’east Senate President Will Lead To Renewed Agitation - Bello by Nobody: 8:56am On Mar 17, 2019
MajorJeffery:
If APC gives that seat to the SE, then PDP should be jittery but I know they are too dumb for that unless they are already scheming for 2023.

Jittery because?

3 Likes

Re: 9th NASS: Denying S’east Senate President Will Lead To Renewed Agitation - Bello by wakaman: 8:56am On Mar 17, 2019
Not deserved!

7 Likes

Re: 9th NASS: Denying S’east Senate President Will Lead To Renewed Agitation - Bello by AmadiAba: 8:58am On Mar 17, 2019
Awol1:
Igbere TV reporting. Lol.

There's a Senate standing rule that only ranking senators can become senate presidents.

Pathetically, the only APC ranking senator from the southeast, Ben Uwajumogu has no clout.

It will also be an uphill task to get northern senators, among whom are interested in the seat, to vote for an alteration to the Senate standing rule to favour Kalu.

Technically, I think southeast stands no chance

Pls do a little research before posting.

By the Senate rule, Kalu is a ranking Senator elect haven been elected to NASS in 1992 under NRC
Re: 9th NASS: Denying S’east Senate President Will Lead To Renewed Agitation - Bello by BabaRamota1980: 9:01am On Mar 17, 2019
Osaretin Bello should address this nonsense to Tinubu that he wants Ibo to be made Senate President.

I cant wait to see how Jagaban will reply. grin

6 Likes

Re: 9th NASS: Denying S’east Senate President Will Lead To Renewed Agitation - Bello by Nobody: 9:05am On Mar 17, 2019
AmadiAba:

By the Senate rule, Kalu is a ranking Senator elect haven been elected to NASS in 1992 under NRC

Oh! They count it disjointedly? I thought it was at one sitting. Good to see you can join two results like WAEC. lol

And hey, it's "having", not "haven". Except you intend to speak ancient Scandinavian English.

1 Like

Re: 9th NASS: Denying S’east Senate President Will Lead To Renewed Agitation - Bello by Quality20(m): 9:19am On Mar 17, 2019
Awol1:

Oh! They count it disjointedly? I thought it was at one sitting. Good to see you can join two results like WAEC. lol

And hey, it's "having", not "haven". Except you intend to speak ancient Scandinavian English.
guy pls can u teach me ancient Scandinavian English
Re: 9th NASS: Denying S’east Senate President Will Lead To Renewed Agitation - Bello by AmadiAba: 9:23am On Mar 17, 2019
Awol1:

What kind of logic are bringing into the equation?

The Rule simply restricts first timers from contesting for SP.

I dont understand what you mean by "count it disjointedly"
Re: 9th NASS: Denying S’east Senate President Will Lead To Renewed Agitation - Bello by AmadiAba: 9:24am On Mar 17, 2019
Quality20:
Lolz
Re: 9th NASS: Denying S’east Senate President Will Lead To Renewed Agitation - Bello by lionness(f): 9:24am On Mar 17, 2019
The military are gonna have a nice sniper training and they are gonna pop some Biaflans
Re: 9th NASS: Denying S’east Senate President Will Lead To Renewed Agitation - Bello by AmadiAba: 9:26am On Mar 17, 2019
Any rule which disqualifies a former Lawmaker and ex Two Terms Governor from contesting for Senate President should be thrown to the trash can.
Re: 9th NASS: Denying S’east Senate President Will Lead To Renewed Agitation - Bello by MrAJQ(m): 9:27am On Mar 17, 2019
Senate president ko Senator President ni.
Igbos says they don't need Senate President all they want is Biafra.

8 Likes

Re: 9th NASS: Denying S’east Senate President Will Lead To Renewed Agitation - Bello by Nobody: 9:37am On Mar 17, 2019
Quality20:

Lol.

How much you go pay?
Re: 9th NASS: Denying S’east Senate President Will Lead To Renewed Agitation - Bello by AmadiAba: 9:43am On Mar 17, 2019
MrAJQ:
Senate president ko Senator President ni.
Igbos says they don't need Senate President all they want is Biafra.

So those that voted APC in the SE are not Igbos?

1 Like

Re: 9th NASS: Denying S’east Senate President Will Lead To Renewed Agitation - Bello by Nobody: 9:53am On Mar 17, 2019
AmadiAba:

What kind of logic are bringing into the equation?

The Rule simply restricts first timers from contesting for SP.

I dont understand what you mean by "count it disjointedly"

By disjointedly, I meant that I didn't know that his presence in the Senate in the third republic would count for him in the present dispensation.

I thought by "ranking", the Senate meant a Senator who has had at least up to two unbroken reelection into the red chambers.

But you are bringing another view to it which I don't know if you are right about, but I'm not gonna argue what I don't have it's facts.

So, fallibilistically, I'm gonna suppose you are right until superior argument and facts dislodge your position.
Re: 9th NASS: Denying S’east Senate President Will Lead To Renewed Agitation - Bello by johnmartus(m): 10:01am On Mar 17, 2019
Some people no get brain. You're not a senator so what the hell.
Re: 9th NASS: Denying S’east Senate President Will Lead To Renewed Agitation - Bello by AmadiAba: 10:08am On Mar 17, 2019
Awol1:

By disjointedly, I meant that I didn't know that his presence in the Senate in the third republic would count for him in the present dispensation.

I thought by "ranking", the Senate meant a Senator who has had at least up to two unbroken reelection into the red chambers.

But you are bringing another view to it which I don't know if you are right about, but I'm not gonna argue what I don't have it's facts.

So, fallibilistically, I'm gonna suppose you are right until superior argument and facts dislodge your position.

You are obviously wrong. Did Saraki meet such 'unbroken' requirement?
Re: 9th NASS: Denying S’east Senate President Will Lead To Renewed Agitation - Bello by nwanyionitsha: 10:12am On Mar 17, 2019
AmadiAba:

kalu can not be senate president. Stop deceiving yourself.
Who and who is agitating?
Ndi Abia should carry their agitation to one side.

1 Like

Re: 9th NASS: Denying S’east Senate President Will Lead To Renewed Agitation - Bello by verifiablefacts: 10:14am On Mar 17, 2019
MajorJeffery:
for how many votes,SE hates APC gan,even given the president they will still vote against APC.

3 Likes

Re: 9th NASS: Denying S’east Senate President Will Lead To Renewed Agitation - Bello by babyfaceafrica: 10:14am On Mar 17, 2019
not going to happen..maybe DSP .but not sp

3 Likes

Re: 9th NASS: Denying S’east Senate President Will Lead To Renewed Agitation - Bello by nwanyionitsha: 10:16am On Mar 17, 2019
AmadiAba:

So those that voted APC in the SE are not Igbos?
Oga,shebi they will contest for the position? Let him contest. Let's see how many votes he will get right there on the senate floor.
Abeg, kalu should cease this propaganda biko.
Re: 9th NASS: Denying S’east Senate President Will Lead To Renewed Agitation - Bello by nwanyionitsha: 10:18am On Mar 17, 2019
babyfaceafrica:
not going to happen..maybe DSP
.but not sp
If he isn't a fool, Dsp is what he should be lobbying for.
The fool will soon fall on his face.
Re: 9th NASS: Denying S’east Senate President Will Lead To Renewed Agitation - Bello by helinues: 10:20am On Mar 17, 2019
AmadiAba:

Interesting question
Re: 9th NASS: Denying S’east Senate President Will Lead To Renewed Agitation - Bello by babyfaceafrica: 10:28am On Mar 17, 2019
nwanyionitsha:
If he isn't a fool, Dsp is what he should be lobbying for.
The fool will soon fall on his face.
lolz...DSP will be between him and omo-agege
Re: 9th NASS: Denying S’east Senate President Will Lead To Renewed Agitation - Bello by Nobody: 10:38am On Mar 17, 2019
AmadiAba:

You know I thought I was speaking with an informed person; what a disappointment that I've been wasting my time with a toddler.

Saraki was first elected into the Senate in 2011 under the platform of the PDP, in the run up to 2015 elections, he and other infamous "nPDP" Fools defected to APC and Saraki won reelection under the APC platform. That made him a two term senator which qualified him for the seat of the Senate presidency.

Now, you are gonna pay a fee for this education.

3 Likes

Re: 9th NASS: Denying S’east Senate President Will Lead To Renewed Agitation - Bello by NinjaMetahuman: 10:53am On Mar 17, 2019
And a renewed python dance
Re: 9th NASS: Denying S’east Senate President Will Lead To Renewed Agitation - Bello by AmadiAba: 10:58am On Mar 17, 2019
Awol1:

You know I thought I was speaking with an informed person; what a disappointment that I've been wasting my time with a toddler.

Saraki was first elected into the Senate in 2011 under the platform of the PDP, in the run up to 2015 elections, he and other infamous "nPDP" Fools defected to APC and Saraki won reelection under the APC platform. That made him a two term senator which qualified him for the seat of the Senate presidency.

Now, you are gonna pay a fee for this education.

Now between us who is the toddler?

Only a fool will resort to insults to make a point.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Why Bola Tinubu Can Never Be Nigeria’s President By Farooq Kperogi / Gbajabiamila Ati Osinbajo N Se Ipade Lori Mọnamọna / Drama As Oloriegbe Narrowly Escaped Mob Attacks From Stranded APC Youths , Women

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.