|Join Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New|
Stats: 2,715,534 members, 6,418,322 topics. Date: Tuesday, 03 August 2021 at 02:31 AM
|When You Want To Buy A GSD. Questions To Ask. by PeraGSD: 12:24pm On Mar 17, 2019|
So we have come across many people, breeders and others putting out puppies (GSD specifically) and persons who intend to buy one. So what questions should you be asking. Let's go with the questions the buyer should ask h/er self.
- Am i sure its a GSD i want or need
- What is my budget
- Do i want the dog for.. breeding, security need or just simply a dog lover
- Do i have the means to feed, pay vet bills, space and lifestyle that is compatible to a GSD as they need run around space, medium to large breed and can become destructive if not engaged.
- What line do i want.....show or work line. What color....Black and tan, black and red, white or black. What coat do i want...long, short, stock or fluffy. Mask....full black mask when dealing with Black and tan or red.
- Male or female and why
|Re: When You Want To Buy A GSD. Questions To Ask. by PeraGSD: 12:37pm On Mar 17, 2019|
Questions to ask the breeder or seller
Always ask first about parents when its not pedigree or unregistered. This is the tricky part. Some breeders can get you twisted if they know you don't b know what you are looking for. We remember when were trying to assist a young dog lover to purchase a GSD from a breeder. The question was asked is she long coat? Breeder answered...."she's very hairy" meanwhile dog was a stock coat with no long coat in its pedigree. So always ask about parents. Go to great lengths to verify claims. Some breeders forge papers to claim parents are pedigree. If need be engage an experienced GSD person to help you verify claims. Why is it that you start asking questions about parents first. Its because you can't get puppies that'll be so much better than the parents. They usually end up as a mix of both or one is more pronounced than the other. The coat, mask, size, structure or line will be what puppy will grow into. Mind you all puppies are adorable Until 4 to 6 months later and it all begins to show.
|Re: When You Want To Buy A GSD. Questions To Ask. by PeraGSD: 12:44pm On Mar 17, 2019|
This is Chanel Von Haus Neopolitum. What do you think her parents are like or if bred to an equal quality male what kinda puppies do you expect from the Combo.
|Re: When You Want To Buy A GSD. Questions To Ask. by Lloydthesaint: 10:10pm On Mar 20, 2019|
Hey guys please what’s it going to cost me to get a male pup from your kennel
|Re: When You Want To Buy A GSD. Questions To Ask. by PeraGSD: 10:29am On Mar 23, 2019|
Hello. Adoption fees for our puppies range from 180k to 250k depending on bloodlines and pedigree. We hope to breed some of females soon. One of which is the latest one to join our breeding program Chanel Von Haus Neopolitum (Shown below) She is a long hair pedigree import from Serbia. Follow our SM handles so you don't miss a thing.
|Re: When You Want To Buy A GSD. Questions To Ask. by PeraGSD: 5:13pm On Mar 25, 2019|
So more on questions to ask when trying to buy a GSD.
Let us look at situation where seller is not in your vicinity or claims he is in another city or even country.
1. Look for trusted friend or another breeder in that location to go check what is claimed. Puppies, parents if he claims he has them, papers to authenticate vaccinations and worming regime. Then especially for showlines check gait of parents for knock knees, dancing hips or other genetic deformities common with this particular line which can be passed on to offspring.
2. If you have no one to help you check it out then you have to depend on shots and videos. Ensure you make a video call where seller is with pups and parents. Let him walk with them not just prerecorded video but alive one. If he's too impatient to show you all you ask for let the deal go.
3, Get unto dog WhatsApp groups and forums and ask other breeders in that location if he's known to them and probable history.
4. Ask if he is direct owner or reseller. Resellers can claim heaven on earth and deliver substitute. Some resellers are also top notch and really reliable. However clarify his status.
5. On the issue of payment terms it can be quite tricky if breeder is unknown. The more and credible reference you have have the lower the risk of payment before zero delivery so 'shine your eye'
6. Let a trusted breeder guide you. Breeders know themselves and can tell you what seller is hiding.
Lets feel free to add to these points so we can all learn.
|Re: When You Want To Buy A GSD. Questions To Ask. by Eveezy(m): 5:57pm On Mar 25, 2019|
|Re: When You Want To Buy A GSD. Questions To Ask. by abbeywalado: 9:49am On Sep 19, 2019|
Hi PeraGSD, do u sell short coat work line GSD pup and how much? This is for security purpose and off course I'm a dog lover. I have reared two GSD before and they are not pedigree ( you know our naija so called straight back purebred GSD). I would be waiting for your response cos I wouldn't mind having a pedigree GSD on my books.
|Re: When You Want To Buy A GSD. Questions To Ask. by vincentjk(m): 1:08pm On Sep 19, 2019|
I think he stated the price above
|Re: When You Want To Buy A GSD. Questions To Ask. by PeraGSD: 11:49am On Sep 20, 2019|
Hello. We only have long coat showliines in our breeding stock at the moment. We expect a litter early November. You may indicate interest.
|Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health |
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket
Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2021 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68