Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,443 members, 7,819,641 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 07:45 PM

Breaking: Csos In Akwa Ibom Indict PDP, APC Over Vote Buying/intimidation - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Breaking: Csos In Akwa Ibom Indict PDP, APC Over Vote Buying/intimidation (278 Views)

Tinubu Attends Parley With NLC And CSOs In Abuja (Video) / Court Dismisses Nwajiuba’s Suit Seeking To Disqualify Tinubu Over “Vote Buying” / Nwajiuba Asks Court To Disqualify Tinubu, Atiku Over ‘vote Buying’ (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Breaking: Csos In Akwa Ibom Indict PDP, APC Over Vote Buying/intimidation by AreaNews: 3:46pm On Mar 17, 2019
Civil society groups in Akwa Ibom State have said that both the Peoples Democratic Party(PDP) and the All Progressives Congress(APC) were involved in massive electoral fraud during the just concluded general elections in the state.

In fact, they said the February 23 and March 9 presidential/National and governorship/state house of assembly elections in the state were characterized by voter inducement and intimidation.

Chairman Civil Societies Forum in Akwa Ibom, Mr. Harry Udoh, who disclosed this to the Nation in a telephone interview at the weekend, said voters in the state were heavily induced and harassed by the two foremost political parties in both elections.

According to Udoh, findings indicate that the two political parties had started buying votes since December last year.

”Now if you ask me if people were induced or if there was vote buying, i will say yes even though i can’t substantiate it. The strategy was such that, I think from December, they had started buying peoples minds.

”The massive voters intimidation and votes buying were perpetrated by both parties. Nobody can change my mind on that. Perhaps the party with the biggest amount of money got the day but people went to the polling units and voted.

Read more details here: http://areanews.ng/?p=6769

(1) (Reply)

Why Orji Uzor Kalu Should Be The Next Senate President – APC Chieftain / Arakunrin Akeredolu Makes Giants Strides Admist Bad Press / Info Commissioner Wants Nigeria To Do More On Democracy

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.