Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,659 members, 7,820,313 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 12:56 PM

Nairalanders, I Need your Help to find this scammers. - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Nairalanders, I Need your Help to find this scammers. (1156 Views)

Beware Of This Scammers In The Name Of Fuelless Generator / Two Nigerian Romance Scammers Arrested In Bangkok, Thailand (Photos) / Scammers Are Using Dooshima Dennis, Pretty Female Firefighter's Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nairalanders, I Need your Help to find this scammers. by Nobody: 6:17pm On Mar 17, 2019
Hello everyone how are you doing?. I came back home to hear about a story on how my younger brother was scammed. My brother who is a 100 level engineering student got scammed of 800,000 ( eight hundred thousand naira) last week. The story has been something I can't just understand,because the boy does not even have upto 100k in his account. He went ahead borrowing money from his friends. School fees from 3 of his friends who are in a state school 142k each. Because he has some army friends, he borrowed 108k too from them. He then borrowed small money,like 10k, 20k, etc from different people telling them he will pay back in 2 days. And he was sending this money to this guy's. They claimed they had a business which would give him 5.6 million if he brings the money. According to him though,they sent him 5.6million as a text message. On how foolish he can be he couldn't even go to bank to verify if such money entered as he claimed the money bounced back because his account could not carry it. I don't want to call his name or mention something's now only when possible cause I don't know if the scammer is here. But uptill now, they are still calling him on phone to send more money. We have been to EFCC, made reports at police, Etc. We have gotten access to their account and they had no money at all in the account. I have there numbers and also account numbers. I need help on how to track this guy's please. As this is a pain for me and my parents. The Boy is just 19 and he can't pay back this money. It now on me and my parents. As owners of the money have been coming infact I am even scared too. Please I need help please. Anyway you can help me advice is needed please.
Re: Nairalanders, I Need your Help to find this scammers. by MrBrownJay1(m): 6:38pm On Mar 17, 2019
let this be a HARD lesson to your brother, but as much as you should put a lot of energy in finding the scammer, EQUALLY put the same energy on educating your dumbass brotha!

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nairalanders, I Need your Help to find this scammers. by Nobody: 6:41pm On Mar 17, 2019
Sorry to hear about what happened to your brother, it's never easy to deal with getting defrauded. If you don't mind me asking a few questions, it could help us get to the bottom of this matter:

1. How did your brother meet these fraudsters? Often times, they leave footprints online. I faced such an issue before from money doublers online, I tried getting to the bottom of their gimmicks and I realized only a foolish person would fall for it. They promised to send twice the amount in 3 hours... I knew it was a simple scam, but in a nation of 200 million people, never underestimate people's greed and foolishness.

2. The account number and mobile numbers of the person(s) he paid to must belong to someone, maybe not the real scammers, but the BVN details and passport photo on the account would definitely come in handy, especially with the help of Police and EFCC.

3. Go to the bank to trace where the withdrawal was made from the account, if possible with the help of a police officer, otherwise the bank management may be reluctant to help with confidential details. Once they tell you where the withdrawal was made, the ATM's camera should be able to pick the face of those who withdrew the money and if it was from a cashier, it would be even better as banks have CCTVs in the banking hall.

4. The number of the scammers may also be traced if you have a sure contact at your telecoms provider. If they can tell you where the calls came in from, then they can narrow down the search.

5. Pray. There is nothing God cannot do.

Hope this helps.

5 Likes

Re: Nairalanders, I Need your Help to find this scammers. by TheCongo2: 6:46pm On Mar 17, 2019
Unbelievable
They had 5.6 millions to give to your brother and yet they are asking him for 800,000
This logic truly escapes me

2 Likes

Re: Nairalanders, I Need your Help to find this scammers. by MrBrownJay1(m): 6:52pm On Mar 17, 2019
TheCongo2:
Unbelievable
They had 5.6 millions to give to your brother and yet they are asking him for 800,000

bro, the gullible people who fall for this type of nonsense scams are truly driven by greed and suffer temporary lack of basic common sense!

but then again, in a country where many people believe that they are entitled to what they dont deserve, while hoping to burn bridges one way or the other to achieve in one day what others spent decades to achieve, no wonder the above happens.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nairalanders, I Need your Help to find this scammers. by Nobody: 6:58pm On Mar 17, 2019
TheCongo2:
Unbelievable
according to my brother, he said a man met him claiming to be a distributor with MTN. That he has mass modem. Forgotten the name. And a buyer is requesting 80 pieces, and they are selling 20k Abi 40k each, that they want to use his account to get the money. From there ooo. My brother being so stupid can't consult his elder brothers. Or even his parents.

1 Like

Re: Nairalanders, I Need your Help to find this scammers. by Nobody: 6:59pm On Mar 17, 2019
MrBrownJay1:

bro, the gullible people who fall for this type of nonsense scams are truly driven by greed and suffer temporary lack of basic common sense!

but then again, in a country where many people believe that they are entitled to what they dont deserve, while hoping to burn bridges one way or the other to achieve in one day what others spent decades to achieve, no wonder the above happens.

I'm pretty sure the poor boy has realized his mistake. Let's try to help with suggestions instead of bashing... Make somebody no go commit suicide ooo... Who knows the person's state of mind right now

2 Likes

Re: Nairalanders, I Need your Help to find this scammers. by MrBrownJay1(m): 7:32pm On Mar 17, 2019
germanized:

I'm pretty sure the poor boy has realized his mistake. Let's try to help with suggestions instead of bashing... Make somebody no go commit suicide ooo... Who knows the person's state of mind right now

very true indeed, but as I stated earlier, the problem is only HALF the fault of scammers and the other half of the blame should be laid on the foolish brother too. the day people start to be less greedy and grow a BRAIN then these scammers would have nobody to defraud, duh!
Re: Nairalanders, I Need your Help to find this scammers. by Nobody: 12:35am On Mar 18, 2019
Pls I came here for help not for insults.the deed is done. Ok thanks
Re: Nairalanders, I Need your Help to find this scammers. by johnkey: 4:18am On Mar 18, 2019
lmao either he's dumb or na jazz dey work ontop him head.

2 Likes

Re: Nairalanders, I Need your Help to find this scammers. by DejiPlug(m): 8:12am On Mar 18, 2019
MrBrownJay1:

very true indeed, but as I stated earlier, the problem is only HALF the fault of scammers and the other half of the blame should be laid on the foolish brother too. the day people start to be less greedy and grow a BRAIN then these scammers would have nobody to defraud, duh!

These scammers don't play fair. Jazz was definitely involved.

1 Like

Re: Nairalanders, I Need your Help to find this scammers. by Greatzeus(m): 6:07pm On Mar 18, 2019
Not ordinary, African Magic involved,so so sure.
If juju is not involved then tell your parents to sell your brother ASAP,you can get a puppy instead,far better than having him as a child.
Re: Nairalanders, I Need your Help to find this scammers. by essenceplus: 4:39pm On Apr 18, 2019
MrBrownJay1:
let this be a HARD lesson to your brother, but as much as you should put a lot of energy in finding the scammer, EQUALLY put the same energy on educating your dumbass brotha!

You speak in such a manner to a 19 years old? and to another individual in distress. Smh.
Re: Nairalanders, I Need your Help to find this scammers. by MrBrownJay1(m): 6:01pm On Apr 19, 2019
essenceplus:

You speak in such a manner to a 19 years old? and to another individual in distress. Smh.

it called KEEPING IT REAL.....with NO SUGAR COATING.
people can blame "only" the scammers (if they desire) but in my world, they are both to blame.

the reason the majority fall for these scams is because of greed/stoopidity and the lazy thought/desire of getting money for free.

1 Like

Re: Nairalanders, I Need your Help to find this scammers. by essenceplus: 6:01pm On Apr 19, 2019
MrBrownJay1:

it called KEEPING IT REAL.....with NO SUGAR COATING.
people can blame "only" the scammers (if they desire) but in my world, they are both to blame.

the reason the majority fall for these scams is because of greed/stoopidity and the lazy thought/desire of getting money for free.

Who cares

Get lost
Re: Nairalanders, I Need your Help to find this scammers. by MrBrownJay1(m): 6:14pm On Apr 19, 2019
essenceplus:

Who cares
Get lost

by all means, i was happy to educate you...

[img]https://media1./images/9a37de6acd9a357f8949269b5688b3aa/tenor.gif[/img]

1 Like

Re: Nairalanders, I Need your Help to find this scammers. by essenceplus: 6:17pm On Apr 19, 2019
MrBrownJay1:

by all means, i was happy to educate you...

[img]https://media1./images/9a37de6acd9a357f8949269b5688b3aa/tenor.gif[/img]

Validation. Cheap self consolations. Get lost dwib
Re: Nairalanders, I Need your Help to find this scammers. by nairashopping(m): 10:06am On Apr 20, 2019
CHESTER48:
Hello everyone how are you doing?. I came back home to hear about a story on how my younger brother was scammed. My brother who is a 100 level engineering student got scammed of 800,000 ( eight hundred thousand naira) last week. The story has been something I can't just understand,because the boy does not even have upto 100k in his account. He went ahead borrowing money from his friends. School fees from 3 of his friends who are in a state school 142k each. Because he has some army friends, he borrowed 108k too from them. He then borrowed small money,like 10k, 20k, etc from different people telling them he will pay back in 2 days. And he was sending this money to this guy's. They claimed they had a business which would give him 5.6 million if he brings the money. According to him though,they sent him 5.6million as a text message. On how foolish he can be he couldn't even go to bank to verify if such money entered as he claimed the money bounced back because his account could not carry it. I don't want to call his name or mention something's now only when possible cause I don't know if the scammer is here. But uptill now, they are still calling him on phone to send more money. We have been to EFCC, made reports at police, Etc. We have gotten access to their account and they had no money at all in the account. I have there numbers and also account numbers. I need help on how to track this guy's please. As this is a pain for me and my parents. The Boy is just 19 and he can't pay back this money. It now on me and my parents. As owners of the money have been coming infact I am even scared too. Please I need help please. Anyway you can help me advice is needed please.

Your brother want get rich quick. Nigerians and there dubious ways of life.

(1) (Reply)

Access Control System Installation And Maintenance / Full Story Of Ismaila Mustapha Aka Mompha, His Family, Bigboy Lifestyle And... / Man Poisons 143 Bags Of Garden Eggs In Enugu (photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.