Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,374 members, 7,819,353 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 02:47 PM

Buhari Didn’t Need NJC To Appoint Me – Acting CJN - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari Didn’t Need NJC To Appoint Me – Acting CJN (20128 Views)

Cct Trial: Allow Njc To Decide Onnoghen’s Fate, Nba Begs Fg / Just In: NJC Gives Onnoghen, Acting CJN Tanko 7 Days To Respond To Petitions / Agbakoba Makes Revelation About Tanko Muhammed, Acting CJN Appointed By Buhari (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Buhari Didn’t Need NJC To Appoint Me – Acting CJN by bkool7(m): 8:52am On Mar 19, 2019
Deepthoughts:
It's you that need to do some checkings,that section clearly states that whatever is the circumstances whether removal or suspension n for whatever reason,the Senate approval must be sought before any action can be taken against the CJ,but I see you are clearly been mischievous.

I see you know about constitutional matter more than the interim CJN or Ononghe that is now appearing before CCT
Re: Buhari Didn’t Need NJC To Appoint Me – Acting CJN by Deepthoughts: 1:51pm On Mar 19, 2019
bkool7:

I see you know about constitutional matter more than the interim CJN or Ononghe that is now appearing before CCT
Don't worry yourself,the cases are before the NJC n CCT,we shall see their outcome,but Know it that everyone is not a fool.
Re: Buhari Didn’t Need NJC To Appoint Me – Acting CJN by adanny01(m): 10:58am On Mar 20, 2019
gare:

Most people don't know the implications of the illegal acts of the President, if it can be proved that the CJN appointment is not backed by Law, all his activities, appointments and judgments will be null and void.

Which will lead to serious judicial and constitutional issues

That will not happen. You think the NJC are fools.

If anyone is going down, its the CCT boss who gave the exparte order.
Re: Buhari Didn’t Need NJC To Appoint Me – Acting CJN by adanny01(m): 11:16am On Mar 20, 2019
Xisnin:

Any constitutional provision to back up your point?
What the president believes is immaterial.

The CJN is not some terrorist threatening to nuke Nigeria and the constitution does not
allow Buhari or the CCT chairman to unilaterally remove him.

Even in the wake of 9/11 attacks in the US, the patriot act had to be enacted to give the executive the power
to take extra-constitutional actions against perceive enemies.

You have been conditioned to think of presidents as emperors who can do whatever they want.
The function of the legislatures and judiciaries is to checkmate executive powers.
Did you miss this aspect of the political class?

If the country laws allow Buhari to do whatever he wants, then there is no point paying
senators and judges for doing nothing.

You talk about foreign media as if our system of government was a result of designs and debates
by Nigerians. Every aspect of our current government is copied from the "foreigners" you probably
think are clueless.

If Buhari wants dictatorial powers, let him go to the Senate and ask for it.

It doesn't matter if the constitution doesn't forbid an action, the judiciary can rule against
such action or the lawmakers legislate against it.

I notice that you are conflating constitutional violations with human rights when they are not the
same. Of course, a constitutional violation can be a human right issue but not all human right issue
is a constitutional violation.

You probably think that Buhari's violation of the constitution is a sign that he has unlimited power.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

In 1993, Atiku Supported Muslim-muslim Ticket When He Wanted To Be Abiola's VP / Will Northern Politicians Do To Tinubu What They Did To Wike? / Tinubu And The Balablu Of Errors - Phrank Shaibu

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.