Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,762 members, 7,824,186 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 03:34 AM

Common And Uncommon Interview Questions With Best Answers - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Common And Uncommon Interview Questions With Best Answers (255 Views)

All Best Answers Gets 30,000 Naira Each / 9 Likely Questions To Be Asked During A Job Interviews And Best Answers / Interview 101: Most Common Job Interview Questions And The Best Answers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Common And Uncommon Interview Questions With Best Answers by Uyi2017(m): 6:30am On Mar 18, 2019
Have you ever been in an interview and suddenly develop a runny stomach, a sweaty palm/feet or a sweating face? Have you ever been in an interview and suddenly you start stammering or talk at great length as if you are addressing your supporters to vote for you? I know the feeling. It’s frustrating to struggle to scale through all the hurdles of job search and yet unable to get the job because of the performance during the interview section.

Most people are victims of this because they have not familiarize themselves with some common and uncommon interview questions and how best to respond to them. Know this, there is no right or wrong answer to question pose to you during an interview, all your employer is after is if you are the solution to the problem they are employing to solve and you have to logically prove this to them with good choice of words considering the use of time.

So here are the common and the uncommon interview questions and how best to respond to them.

Question 1 Tell me about yourself.

A good number of people fall victim when this question is asked.Innocently they start recounting their ancestral past.

Best Response:

It is advisable for you to start with a little introduction of yourself connecting it to your most recent achievement. Though, it should be relevant to the position you applied for. Meanwhile, it will be a plus in your part if you try to uncover the company’s greatest need, want, problem or goal. This will give you an edge over others.

Question 2 What are your greatest strengths?

This question is one of the ‘deadliest’ trap most interviewers fall into. Some sets of job seekers may become egoistic while others may appear humble trying to appeal to the conscience of the interviewer.

Best Response:

When faced with this question, please don’t be in a rush to answer. Take a deep breath and thank the interviewer for the question. Before you start answering make sure you have a list of your greatest strengths with corresponding examples well committed to memory. Also, try and connect these achievements to how well you will perform when employed.

Here’s what employers are looking for when they ask the question about your greatest strength:

1 Confident

2 Ability to handle work that are a little above you.

3 Intelligence. The ability to offer solutions to problem and execute it.Also, the ability to learn new things fast.

4 Teamwork

5 Good communication skills

6 Honesty

7 Ability to conform and adjust to a new environment with results.

Question 3 What are your greatest weaknesses?

[/b]Beware! This may make you develop cold feet. You shouldn’t be too honest in answering this question because it may cost you your dream job.

[b]Best Response:
[/b]The trick here is simple. Be smart enough to disguise one or two particular strength as weakness. You can also list the things you like least as weakness.
Example: Let’s say you’re applying for the position of a teacher. You can say, “If given a choice, I did like to spend as much time as possible in front of a prospects selling, as opposed to shuffling paperwork at my post in school. Of course, I long ago learned the importance of filing paperwork properly and responding to the needs of youngsters around me with great care and attention. But what I really love to do is sell.”

[b]Question 4 Tell me about something you did – or failed to do – that
you now feel a little ashamed of.

This is an uncommon interview question that has sent so many job seekers back to their home. Answering the question without a proper reflection can cost you the job. What you interviewer wants to see is how you to respond to guilt and how you think on your feet.

Best Response:

Please don’t tell your interviewer your regrets for your past failures. You response should be to recount one or two incident where you achievement was below par and how you learnt the necessary wisdom from that and later achieved a better result applying a different approach. You can also say that you habour no regret whatsoever, then include a self development practice you indulge in. Example...

Read more herehttps://www.myjobarena.com/job-tips-arena/common-uncommon-interview-questions-answers/
Re: Common And Uncommon Interview Questions With Best Answers by Roy52793: 6:54am On Mar 18, 2019
Excellent tips

Meanwhile....

Re: Common And Uncommon Interview Questions With Best Answers by FlyingTOMATOE: 9:07am On Mar 18, 2019
What if they ask
If you were to be an animal, What kind of animal will you be ?

(1) (Reply)

Uniuyo Town Campus / An Experienced Male Marketer Is Needed For A Fashion Line In Lagos / Daily Income With Zero Knowledge On ICT

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.