Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,518 members, 7,823,226 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 07:04 AM

Juventus Suffers First League Defeat Of The Season Without Ronaldo - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Juventus Suffers First League Defeat Of The Season Without Ronaldo (789 Views)

Osimhen Rushed To Hospital With Face Injury As Inter Inflict First League Defeat / Manchester United Go The Entire Season Without An Away Defeat / AFCON: How Egypt Reacted To The Defeat Of South Africa By Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Juventus Suffers First League Defeat Of The Season Without Ronaldo by ogbiwa: 9:50am On Mar 18, 2019
Juventus - minus Champions League hero Cristiano Ronaldo - fell to their first Serie A defeat of the season as they suffered a shock loss at Genoa.

Former Juve player Stefano Sturaro curled in the opener in the 72nd minute before Goran Pandev made sure of the win for the mid-table side with a powerful finish nine minutes from time.

"I expected a different Juventus," said coach Massimiliano Allegri referring to the 1-1 draw earlier in the season.
"We did not put in a good performance."

Juve had last lost in the top flight on 22 April 2018 and this season had dropped points on only three occasions prior to Sunday's game.

The home side made a good start when Christian Kouame forced a good save from former Genoa goalkeeper Mattia Perin before they had penalty decision overturned by VAR.
The video technology also overturned Juve striker Paulo Dybala's goal for an offside in the build-up.

Ronaldo, who scored a hat-trick in Juve's 3-2 aggregate win over Atletico Madrid in midweek, was left out of the matchday squad.

Juventus remain 18 points clear of second-placed Napoli

https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/47604400

lalasticlala Mynd44

Re: Juventus Suffers First League Defeat Of The Season Without Ronaldo by logon599: 9:52am On Mar 18, 2019
Tbh I used to be a fierce critic of Ronaldo. I always felt he was pompous, and not as skillful as he thinks himself to be. But honestly in recent times I've come to develope massive respect for this guy. I mean this man had already dominated in 2 tough leagues and then at the age of 33+, an age where most other players are at the twilight of their careers and probably looking for one more move to China, Qatar or USA to make retirement money, this guy refused, instead worked his way to another top team cos for him it's either top level or nothing, resumed the role of the team's star player at 33+, living up to the enormous weight of expectations on his shoulders, and his hat trick against atletico, WHEN it was needed the most, finally makes me to call this man hands down the greatest player of this generation. Mods pls I need twale emoji for this guy.

Get your professional Architectural designs from very LOW prices and from any location. Contact me through my signature below or checkout my profile for more of my job samples. Thanks

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Juventus Suffers First League Defeat Of The Season Without Ronaldo by Realadey(m): 10:17am On Mar 18, 2019
I am a huge fan of this guy called Cristiano Ronaldo, but his presence on the field may contribute a lot but Juve can still be beaten by any team, there is no champion that can't be beaten.
But maximum respect to the best player in the world and the best of all time!
Re: Juventus Suffers First League Defeat Of The Season Without Ronaldo by Nbote(m): 10:53am On Mar 18, 2019
Juventus struggled to get a draw with dis same Genoa wen dey met earlier in d season in Turin.. With or without Ronaldo dey were always going to drop points and lose. D next thing we'll start hearing now is how he's d one carrying d team but fanboys will forget dis same team have won d scudetto for years now while embarking on countless winning streaks and made it to 3 champions league finals in a row...
Re: Juventus Suffers First League Defeat Of The Season Without Ronaldo by onlinetomola(m): 10:55am On Mar 18, 2019
logon599:
Tbh I used to be a fierce critic of Ronaldo. I always felt he was pompous, and not as skillful as he thinks himself to be. But honestly in recent times I've come to develope massive respect for this guy. I mean this man had already dominated in 2 tough leagues and then at the age of 33+, an age where most other players are at the twilight of their careers and probably looking for one more move to China, Qatar or USA to make retirement money, this guy refused, instead worked his way to another top team cos for him it's either top level or nothing, resumed the role of the team's star player at 33+, living up to the enormous weight of expectations on his shoulders, and his hat trick against atletico, WHEN it was needed the most, finally makes me to call this man hands down the greatest player of this generation. Mods pls I need twale emoji for this guy.

Get your professional Architectural designs from very LOW prices and from any location. Contact me through my signature below or checkout my profile for more of my job samples. Thanks

This makes lotta sense tho...

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Juventus Suffers First League Defeat Of The Season Without Ronaldo by babakb: 6:12pm On Mar 18, 2019
Truth be told Messi and Ronaldo remain the best players of this generation, it is both of them and rest.

If you call Messi GOAT is no loss to Ronaldo as there is no number 3.
If you call Ronaldo GOAT is no loss to Messi as there is no number 3.

So let's just enjoy their wonderful era

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Mikel Obi Surpasses Kanu Nwankwo’s Record For Nigeria / Moment Man U Harry Maguire Arrived At Training HQ In A ₦35m Range Rover / Pulisic Accepted Chelsea And Rejected Man Utd - See Reasons

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.