Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,780 members, 7,817,229 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 08:27 AM

Forget Certificate Of Return - INEC Tells Okorocha - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Forget Certificate Of Return - INEC Tells Okorocha (39860 Views)

"Cure your visible ignorance": INEC tells Nigerians abusing Yakubu / Many Electron Winners Will Return INEC Certificates – Festus Ogun / Nwosu: Stop Tarnishing The Noble Image Of Gov Uzodinma - Imo APC Tells Okorocha (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Forget Certificate Of Return - INEC Tells Okorocha by Num07033711115(m): 1:48pm On Mar 18, 2019
Inec na remote control them they use 4 u guys una neva get una sef.
his guy sef stubborn o. Correct guy 4 una.
Re: Forget Certificate Of Return - INEC Tells Okorocha by Bighead9: 1:49pm On Mar 18, 2019
This one strong Sha, an Edo man dealing with an Igbo man. grin grin grin

Re: Forget Certificate Of Return - INEC Tells Okorocha by PassiveNaira: 1:49pm On Mar 18, 2019
Okorocha is like a candidate who claimed he passed UTME and Post UTME but the school denied him admission on the ground that he threatened his examiners to mark his scripts as pass.
Re: Forget Certificate Of Return - INEC Tells Okorocha by koolaid87: 1:53pm On Mar 18, 2019
You're on point

quote author=chriskosherbal post=76764587]This is my take, I am not a friend of Rocha's okorocha or support His activities but what evidence is INEC putting forward to the general public and IMO states indigenes specifically that the returning officer claimed he was under duress to declare him the winner .

Of course anybody can say that out of hatred or reason whatsoever I dont care, but my stand is manmood inec should be responsible enough to give us hard visible evidence to prove the returning officer right cos this Inec under Manmood dont seem convincing to me as a true umpire .

God bless Nigeria.[/quote]
Re: Forget Certificate Of Return - INEC Tells Okorocha by nicepeople: 1:56pm On Mar 18, 2019
This APC- INEC are seriously dealing with Okorocha. But wait o, what do they mean by that? after spending billions of naira and you guys are telling him to forget certificate of return.

1 Like

Re: Forget Certificate Of Return - INEC Tells Okorocha by IbrahimDamola: 1:57pm On Mar 18, 2019
Where is Okoroawusa and abagworo my efulefu friends, dem don pick race since Rochas lose senate and him pikin-in-law lose governorship.

Indi ara! grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Forget Certificate Of Return - INEC Tells Okorocha by foreshore(m): 1:59pm On Mar 18, 2019
247naijamedia:
The Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC) has insisted that it would not present a certificate of return to Imo State Governor, Rochas Okorocha.

INEC’s National Commissioner, Information and Voter Education, Mr Festus Okoye, said this during his appearance on Channels Television’s

He explained that the electoral body took the decision because the returning officer for Imo West senatorial district election that he declared Governor Okorocha as the winner “under duress”.

While declaring the resulted, the returning officer had said he was doing so under duress.

Although the governor insisted he won the elections fairly and that his victory was not declared under duress, his name was not on the list of those to be given a certificate of return and despite his protests against the decision, he wasn’t given a certificate when winners got theirs last week.

Asked whether the commission investigated the claim and confirmed that it was true, Okoye said “Yes”.

He added, “We’ve made it clear on why we didn’t present any certificate of return to him (Okorocha).

“If you look at our website, we said that the declaration and return were made under duress and that we are not going to give any certificate to any person for any individual that procured a return under duress.”

Following the incident in Imo, INEC had warned politicians, especially those seeking to be elected into public offices that it would not condone any form of electoral malpractice.

The chairman of the commission, Professor Mahmood Yakubu, who addressed a press conference on March 7, said the electoral umpire would not reward “bad behaviour” by presenting a certificate of return to anyone harassing any of their staff.

On Thursday last week, INEC presented certificates of return to those returned elected in the February 23 elections.

https://all-gists..com/2019/03/Forget-Certificate-Of-Return-INEC-Tells-Okorocha.html?m=1

Okorocha retired prematurely
Re: Forget Certificate Of Return - INEC Tells Okorocha by DayDreamer05(m): 1:59pm On Mar 18, 2019
Your erected statues cant save you now.

This marks the end of the okorocha dynasty.
Re: Forget Certificate Of Return - INEC Tells Okorocha by adanny01(m): 2:00pm On Mar 18, 2019
chriskosherbal:
This is my take, I am not a friend of Rocha's okorocha or support His activities but what evidence is INEC putting forward to the general public and IMO states indigenes specifically that the returning officer claimed he was under duress to declare him the winner .

Of course anybody can say that out of hatred or reason whatsoever I dont care, but my stand is manmood inec should be responsible enough to give us hard visible evidence to prove the returning officer right cos this Inec under Manmood dont seem convincing to me as a true umpire .

God bless Nigeria.

My take is that INEC should investigate the reason why the returning officer said so.

This should also ascertain whether the result is the true elections result or falsified. If falsified, fresh elections should be done and if not certificate of return should be issued.
Re: Forget Certificate Of Return - INEC Tells Okorocha by Funkybabee(f): 2:01pm On Mar 18, 2019
Are they mad, under duress abi they don't know what they are saying. They should then announce the real winner nah
Re: Forget Certificate Of Return - INEC Tells Okorocha by Billionaire09: 2:05pm On Mar 18, 2019
Okorohausa and his fellow terrorist Python dance be like:

Re: Forget Certificate Of Return - INEC Tells Okorocha by willyjacs(m): 2:21pm On Mar 18, 2019
Wetin una really want?
If inec give am,una go say Apc ojoro.. now them nor give am,some are still blaming inec..

Are u sure u and ur destiny are not confused like this?

Some jobless youths are just out to tackle everything.

If u kill person,them go complain...if u save life ,them go complain.

Is it not clear to u ur brain needs reset?

1 Like

Re: Forget Certificate Of Return - INEC Tells Okorocha by ebleD12: 2:23pm On Mar 18, 2019
just forget it
Re: Forget Certificate Of Return - INEC Tells Okorocha by wingmanII: 2:25pm On Mar 18, 2019
Okorocha is a mad man, how can you force a returning officer to announce you winner at gun point.
INEC is very right in the action they took else tomorrow somebody will force them to announce him winner in a presidential election.
Re: Forget Certificate Of Return - INEC Tells Okorocha by jrusky(m): 2:28pm On Mar 18, 2019
I think saying such to him by INEC make no sense if he actually win the senatorial election there is no need denying him the certificate of return I guess it's apc who should say they don't want him to represent their party and they should expel him completely and not suspending him.

It's the duty of INEC to give him cert if he win and it's the duty of the party to say no they don't need him. But this God is great so Okorocha now turned a orphan this is so sweet. When a man think he has it all then God will show him he has nothing. How are the mighty falling.
Re: Forget Certificate Of Return - INEC Tells Okorocha by ULSHERLAN(m): 2:32pm On Mar 18, 2019
In other words, Okorocha should return to his house
Re: Forget Certificate Of Return - INEC Tells Okorocha by Nobody: 2:32pm On Mar 18, 2019
grin
Re: Forget Certificate Of Return - INEC Tells Okorocha by 12345baba(m): 2:38pm On Mar 18, 2019
Okorocha will be my neighbor in kuje very soon
Re: Forget Certificate Of Return - INEC Tells Okorocha by lightheart(m): 2:57pm On Mar 18, 2019
and this news from ..com is authentic ?
Re: Forget Certificate Of Return - INEC Tells Okorocha by Solexgzy(m): 3:00pm On Mar 18, 2019
[quote author=id911 post=76760273]

[b]I don't like Rochas Okorocha but in this instance, INEC has no powers to withhold his certificate of return since the same INEC has already declared him winner whether under duress or whatever name it may call it.

If you are related to Gberegbe you will not make this statement
Re: Forget Certificate Of Return - INEC Tells Okorocha by babadee1(m): 3:12pm On Mar 18, 2019
id911:

I don't like Rochas Okorocha but in this instance, INEC has no powers to withhold his certificate of return since the same INEC has already declared him winner whether under duress or whatever name it may call it.

If INEC says Rochas didn't win, they should announce the winner of the Senatorial districts which unfortunately too, they have no power again to reverse itself. The case is now matter for the court to do justice

INEC never declared him the winner. The returning officer said he was announcing the result under duress so that is not a proper declaration. It is automatically null and void.
Re: Forget Certificate Of Return - INEC Tells Okorocha by prohet: 3:15pm On Mar 18, 2019
Such matter should be treated by the tribunal and not inec. I think inec went too far in assuming powers of the tribunal

1 Like

Re: Forget Certificate Of Return - INEC Tells Okorocha by bizhop01: 3:17pm On Mar 18, 2019
INEC make una give me Okorocha certificate
Re: Forget Certificate Of Return - INEC Tells Okorocha by jumobi1(m): 3:19pm On Mar 18, 2019
Declaring a winner under duress is not a declaration. INEC therefore never declared him winner based on any fact.
Re: Forget Certificate Of Return - INEC Tells Okorocha by tafat: 3:24pm On Mar 18, 2019
this is very good,nice one from INEC
Re: Forget Certificate Of Return - INEC Tells Okorocha by GoodGovernance: 3:43pm On Mar 18, 2019
So who won the Imo West senatorial seat?
Re: Forget Certificate Of Return - INEC Tells Okorocha by Amingo22: 3:44pm On Mar 18, 2019
Rochas, ogbu mmadu ndu nagu!!!.
Re: Forget Certificate Of Return - INEC Tells Okorocha by emmy2244: 4:02pm On Mar 18, 2019
Okoro, Awusa hope you have seen it now , there's always a judgement day for everything and everyone even starting from here on earth
Re: Forget Certificate Of Return - INEC Tells Okorocha by naijjaman(m): 4:06pm On Mar 18, 2019
How are the mighty fallen.
Re: Forget Certificate Of Return - INEC Tells Okorocha by ignis: 4:19pm On Mar 18, 2019
Do we need a prophet to tell us that INEC is APC?
Re: Forget Certificate Of Return - INEC Tells Okorocha by ChristianNorth: 4:20pm On Mar 18, 2019
Bighead9:
This one strong Sha, an Edo man dealing with an Igbo man. grin grin grin
Na we first reject am.

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Dino Melaye Shows The Classrooms He Built In Abugi School (Photo) / FRSC Disowns ‘Chip Whip’ Number Plate / Ademola Adeleke Storms Out Of PDP Peace Meeting

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.