Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,428 members, 7,815,966 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 10:25 PM

Nigeria To Advertise Coaching Position! - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Nigeria To Advertise Coaching Position! (2568 Views)

Latest FIFA Ranking: Nigeria Retains 42nd Position. / Okagbare Clinches Third Position IAAF Diamond League Zurich / Rwanda Express Ebola Concerns In Nigeria To Caf (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigeria To Advertise Coaching Position! by honeric01(m): 11:04pm On Sep 03, 2010
Nigeria football officials have announced that they will advertise the position for coach of the Super Eagles and make an appointment on October 1, says www.kickoffnigeria.com

Previously, the NFF had been in discussions with former Olympic team coach Samson Siasia, but executive committee member Chris Greene told reporters after a meeting on Thursday that the board had resolved to advertise the position.

Siasia's negotiations with the former board stalled on his personal terms, which included a $100 000 monthly wage and $1 million sign-on fee.

Authoritative sources told KickOffNigeria.com that an agreement had been reached in principle for monthly wages of $60 000, and no sign-on fee, subject to board approval.

The current development will now allow the likes of stand-in coach Austin Eguavoen, and former captain Stephen Keshi to throw their hats in the ring.

The NFF also suspended the scheduled kick-off of the Nigeria Premier League on September, to allow the resolution of outstanding issues.

These include the disputed elections into the league board and relegation of clubs from the Premier League.

Bayelsa United chairman Rumson Baribote has challenged the election of Davidson Owumi.
Re: Nigeria To Advertise Coaching Position! by honeric01(m): 11:06pm On Sep 03, 2010
Hehehehe, this country go kill person!!! grin
Re: Nigeria To Advertise Coaching Position! by Mobinga: 11:23pm On Sep 03, 2010
grin grin grin Make I go apply jare
Re: Nigeria To Advertise Coaching Position! by 12large: 2:52am On Sep 04, 2010
well i blame siasia for this nonsense, the guy taught that his God thats why he asked for too much money, imagine a guy that is coaching heartland not even earning up to 5,000 dollars wabts to earn 100,000 just like that.
Re: Nigeria To Advertise Coaching Position! by medjai(m): 7:32am On Sep 04, 2010
Heard Christian Chukwu is also applying
Re: Nigeria To Advertise Coaching Position! by honeric01(m): 11:00am On Sep 04, 2010
I hope Keshi's applying too?

Now, Maurice coreman can apply cool
Re: Nigeria To Advertise Coaching Position! by mbulela: 12:13pm On Sep 04, 2010
Siasia is believing his own hype.
Re: Nigeria To Advertise Coaching Position! by Och77(m): 12:26pm On Sep 04, 2010
I wonder what makes siasia believes he is worth that. I am is fan and wish he handled the super eagles, but there is someone somewhere deceiving him. If not why will he ask for $1m sign on fee and $100,000 monthly salary without trying to climb gradually. NFF please look for another coach.
Re: Nigeria To Advertise Coaching Position! by benlay(m): 1:12pm On Sep 04, 2010
Nairalanders,let's continue to read what's written on the pages on newspapers and slow to make comments, Siasia has handled the national youth team with a salary of N250,000, U & I don't know why he has chosen to negotiate like that, u never know maybe some people want their cuts from his salary as well, smiley
Re: Nigeria To Advertise Coaching Position! by scopusng(m): 3:46pm On Sep 04, 2010
What is Siasia pedigree and his achievement so far? Please don't tell me he won two silvers with the under 20 and under 23 national teams. He does not deserve to be our next coach, period. The quetion is: Is Siasia better than Amoudu? No. Or I am very sure that the man Siasia is broke that is why he's asking for $1M sign on fee and $100,000 monthly salary. Hahahaha, he should go and get Heartland to the semi-final of the caf champions league first. slowpoke
Re: Nigeria To Advertise Coaching Position! by Redman44(m): 3:47pm On Sep 04, 2010
Nigerian football is not about to be revived with this news. It is taking too much time to appoint a coach for the Super Eagles. I wonder why we can't learn to do things properly in Nigeria. With this decision to advertise the coaching position, it is clear that it is business as usual in the NFF. Things have not really changed and we might not qualify for the next World Cup the way things are going. Eguavoen has coached the Super Eagles before, and I don't think he can bring anything new to the table. Steven Keshi could not qualify Mali for the World cup in South Africa and Christian Chukwu is a joker.  Maybe we should just give Clemens Westerhof a second chance cheesy cheesy cheesy

www.vibes-extra..com
Re: Nigeria To Advertise Coaching Position! by HAH: 3:55pm On Sep 04, 2010
Siasia spoiled his coaching cv when he agreed to take the last u20 and now heartland. it serves him right with his greed.
Re: Nigeria To Advertise Coaching Position! by femmy2010(m): 5:02pm On Sep 04, 2010
Siasia spoilt no Cv.
Even a wenger does not always win .
What matters is making the best usage of the available legs to you and for me he did that even with heartland.

My choice any day still remain SiaONE
Re: Nigeria To Advertise Coaching Position! by poj(m): 5:05pm On Sep 04, 2010
thought d guy has shifted grown. think d advert s a mere threat if not NFF is at it again.
Re: Nigeria To Advertise Coaching Position! by honeric01(m): 5:05pm On Sep 04, 2010
femmy2010:

What matters is making the best usage of the available legs to you and for me he did that even with heartland.

What did he do with Heartland?

He's currently 3rd on the table with just 4 points.

Infact, Siasia wants to surround himself with foreign assistants, what do you guys think about that?
Re: Nigeria To Advertise Coaching Position! by hackney(m): 5:10pm On Sep 04, 2010
I can raise a local team that can win the worldcup.
To start with,Delta go give me at least 4 serious midfielders.
Re: Nigeria To Advertise Coaching Position! by femmy2010(m): 5:28pm On Sep 04, 2010
Take Ferguson to Coach Mauritius and expect him to win the world cup?
The good of a coach can only manifest when he has a very good legs to choose from.
SiaOne used the crop of players he inherited from his predecessor and what magic could he have done with that short time frame?
Remember that lost at the last match they played at the Under 20s was more of ill luck.
I aint changing ground,its SiaOne any day.
Re: Nigeria To Advertise Coaching Position! by afolabom: 6:37pm On Sep 04, 2010
make me self go apply jo
Re: Nigeria To Advertise Coaching Position! by honeric01(m): 7:35pm On Sep 04, 2010
femmy2010:

Take Ferguson to Coach Mauritius and expect him to win the world cup?
The good of a coach can only manifest when he has a very good legs to choose from.
SiaOne used the crop of players he inherited from his predecessor and what magic could he have done with that short time frame?
Remember that lost at the last match they played at the Under 20s was more of ill luck.
I aint changing ground,its SiaOne any day.

What are you saying self? Heartland was doing well before the useless Admin sacked Kelechi Emetolu, he took them to the final of the caf champions league, Heartland was never a bad team (for 2 years now), so what are you talking about? Which Magic are u talking about?
Re: Nigeria To Advertise Coaching Position! by otondo55: 8:34pm On Sep 04, 2010
What is NFF turning to? Enough all this !
Siasia is the man for that job! Dont spoil the only happiness i have in naija. If he is a whiteman they will give him, lets valve ourself for once. Besides we all know alot of people(NFF OFFICIALS) shares arre on it, just like they normal tradition.
Siasia or never !!!
Re: Nigeria To Advertise Coaching Position! by houvest: 10:44pm On Sep 04, 2010
Sia1 is da man
Re: Nigeria To Advertise Coaching Position! by Och77(m): 12:12am On Sep 05, 2010
What is Siasia's records, this man is just over rated and it's getting in to his head. Is $60,000 per month not a good salary for someone who is presently earning very less than $10,000? Siasia will never coach this country if he continues in this manner. If he was that good, how many foreign offers has he got. Is two silver medals at age grade competitions a guarantee of his coaching prowess at the senior level?
Re: Nigeria To Advertise Coaching Position! by dejyx: 5:18am On Sep 05, 2010
I don't see any thing wrong with the amount he is asking for. I guess he is just negotiating. Berti Vogts and Lagarback collected about four times what Siasia is asking for. They both collected our Cash and messed up. People like Samson Siasia, Stephen Keshi and Sunday Oliseh will not bribe NFF members with part of their Salary to get the job neither will they accept any imposition of players to field from those NFF Administrators. Those guys are principled coaches and will do the right thing to see that they succeed they also have a name and a future to protect. These are the reasons why they are advertising that position. All Nigerians know that one of these our Nigerian Coaches will definitely do better than Berti Vogts, Lagarback, Chukwu and Amodu etc.

Our prayer is that the new administration should not be as GREEDY and POWER DRUNK as the previous NFF boards.
Re: Nigeria To Advertise Coaching Position! by mensdept: 5:40am On Sep 05, 2010
Och77:

What is Siasia's records, this man is just over rated and it's getting in to his head. Is $60,000 per month not a good salary for someone who is presently earning very less than $10,000? Siasia will never coach this country if he continues in this manner. If he was that good, how many foreign offers has he got. Is two silver medals at age grade competitions a guarantee of his coaching prowess at the senior level?

Of course it is! U20 and U23, which he coached well and coached against the likes of Messi? What do you guys want from a broda? We hired Bonfrere Jo in the same vein, paying him big bucks and can't try Sia1 for one game? Haba.

What was Dunga's record before coaching Brazil, or that of the coaches of Argentina, Korea, and Greece, which all finished ahead of us in the last WC. No team [b]has ever won the World Cup with a foreign coac[/b]h---not even England, and currently, no foreign coach has won the AFRICAN CUP OF NATIONS since at least 2004 (6 years- 3 editions).

So we in Africa are really inferior abi, and can pay mediocre Europeans the big bucks as long as they "share salary" with our FA officials sheh'. Or do we feel good just having a OYIBO on the sidelines hoping he knows what he's doing? Yet Africa has not done any better than Cameroon did in 1990 Qfinal berth. sad

England hired an Italian because his so called CV was long, and were/are paying him 205K a month, For what? Mexico paid indigenous coach Javier Aguirre 333K a month, and Marcelo Bielsa  coaching Chile at 70k a month.

So lets support our own folks, not for the sake of color, but for once, to really get to to where we need to be. We dont need Queen Eliza ruling us because we accept bad indigenous leadership, and we don't need Lagerback because we choose mediocre Amodu to better indigenous coaches like Sia1
Re: Nigeria To Advertise Coaching Position! by Och77(m): 10:17am On Sep 05, 2010
If siasia was as good and classy as he thinks, then he shouldn't have stooped so low to be coaching Heartland in the first place. I was part and parcel of those that started clamouring for Siasia, but I think of the wide acceptance from across the nation has gotten into his head.
Re: Nigeria To Advertise Coaching Position! by Nobody: 10:36am On Sep 05, 2010
"we are looking forward to another panel of interviewers that will look out for the candidate with the most persuasive power-point presentation skills, like Lagerback to Coach the Super Eagle? Does this not raise suspicion that there may be ‘interested‘ forces lurking in the corner?" God help us

Please hous how can i apply
Re: Nigeria To Advertise Coaching Position! by chelseabmw(m): 10:59am On Sep 05, 2010
Am interested
Re: Nigeria To Advertise Coaching Position! by Nobody: 11:48am On Sep 05, 2010
NFF should appoint an indigenous coach!! What Siasia is asking for is not much compared to ex-European coaches. Why do u think he doesn't deserve it? maybe inferiority complex!!! I guess NFF is back to business as usual. The federal government should stop funding NFF!! This will force them to rely on FIFA bonuses as the only source of revenue. No win No Cash!! Less Win Less Cash!! Big Win Big Cash!! Long live Nigerian Soccer!!!
Re: Nigeria To Advertise Coaching Position! by MeGaStReEt: 1:36pm On Sep 05, 2010
God please help this country

SiaOne any day
Re: Nigeria To Advertise Coaching Position! by denitro(m): 2:15pm On Sep 05, 2010
Sat 12/06/10 PRL Sharks FC              1 - 0    Heartland FC O… More info
Sun 27/06/10 PRL Heartland FC O        2 - 1    Zamfara United FC More info
Fri 02/07/10 PRL Enugu Rangers …      2 - 1    Heartland FC O… More info
Tue 06/07/10 PRL Kwara United              1 - 0    Heartland FC O… More info
Sun 18/07/10 CCL Heartland FC O…     1 - 1    Al Ahly View events More info
Sat 31/07/10 CCL Kabylie                      1 - 0    Heartland FC O… View events More info
Sun 15/08/10 CCL Ismaily                      1 - 0    Heartland FC O… View events More info
Sun 29/08/10 CCL Heartland FC O…     2 - 1    Ismaily View events More info

HERE IS AN ASSESSMENT OF SIASIA'S COACHING ABILITIES,
NIGERIANS WE ARE SO PATHETIC. NO WONDER MEDIOCRITY IS THE ORDER OF THE DAY.
Re: Nigeria To Advertise Coaching Position! by Nobody: 2:32pm On Sep 05, 2010
I am sorry to say but Siasia disappointed me. Sometimes put your country first, I did still do and it is paying off big time. For 3 years I have never recieved salary for the work I do but God has more than Supplied all my needs. He should have compromised small and do a good job then his pay will increase
Re: Nigeria To Advertise Coaching Position! by Princek12(m): 4:51pm On Sep 05, 2010
aisha2:

I am sorry to say but Siasia disappointed me. Sometimes put your country first, I did still do and it is paying off big time. For 3 years I have never recieved salary for the work I do but God has more than Supplied all my needs. He should have compromised small and do a good job then his pay will increase

How has God supplied your needs? Rubbish! So demanding a salary that would have been paid to a white man is not putting his country first? I bet all those policemen who collect money in illegal roadblocks can also make claim that God has more than supplied their needs, I guess according to his riches in glory.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Messi Hold Jersey Straight With One Hand (photo) / ⚽ Leo Messi Salary ⚽ / How Lionel Messi Is Positioning Himself As Number One Balloon D'or Candidate

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.