Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,735 members, 7,817,026 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 11:22 PM

When Will Life Become Meaningful - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / When Will Life Become Meaningful (272 Views)

How Clinic Management Software Can Help You Achieve Meaningful Use / From Gas To Solar, Bringing Meaningful Change To Nigeria’s Energy Systems / What Will Life Be Like After Covid-19? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

When Will Life Become Meaningful by stfadaanthony(m): 10:28pm On Mar 18, 2019
It was just a normal complain yesterday evening when my mum complained about general body weakness. It got to a point that were observation needed to be jettison, and a prompt visit to the hospital became necessary. The Police hospital,Akure was the point of call,and we arrived at exactly 8:19pm. After every check had been carried out,the long wait for a doctor began. Other persons who brought in their patients asked the nurses on ground what was happening, doctors were in the theatre was the response... God bless them,because they are doing their job. It became clear as seconds turn to minutes,minutes to hour's, that there won't be a doctor to attend to patients again yesterday night. I summon courage and told her reason we needed to go back home,by this time,she seems to be calm a little...10:12 was the time by now.

Within few minutes we got back home,situation warrant we go back to the hospital, the same Police hospital was the point of call and reason not far fetched,they had all medical records and it will be best she stick to them. I rushed in,met two nurses this time,and pleaded with them there was an emergency, 11:39pm already. They both seems less concerned,but still told them why I needed their attention. The female nurse asked me if I knew the meaning of emergency, because the patient before her can still talk,because she managed to pick her call in her presence. Not minding how furious I was,I answered promptly. She told me I can't get a doctor to attend to her because it not an emergency. Not minding her reply,I asked what an emergency meant,she looked at me without a reply. Again, I asked if only those brought in on a stretcher, or accident are only considered as emergency, she then said yes. I was very furious, but couldn't help the situation than just to leave. I didn't no the conversation my dad had with her,but I was already out of sight.

At this junction, I don't no who to blame,maybe the nursing school that trained the nurse,and didn't give a detail meaning of emergency, the system that didn't provide enough doctors, or that encourage lackadaisical attitude of its staff.
We have seen cases of people slump without any premonition of death,and if a nurse could give such a meaning to emergency when life is involved, I lack the words to express myself.

A private hospital was of help by few minutes to 12am,but if...
I was however was able to get the nurse name involved before I left(but kept secret for a purpose). Thank God for life.

(1) (Reply)

Hypertension Is A Silent Killer, Save Your From It / I Have Mouth Odour!! What Should I Do? / Scientists Locate Brain Circuit That Curbs Overeating

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.