Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,235 members, 7,818,792 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 03:44 AM

Fiona Onasanya: Disgraced Former Labour MP Speaks After Release From UK Prison - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Fiona Onasanya: Disgraced Former Labour MP Speaks After Release From UK Prison (1189 Views)

Ali Chiroma Is Dead! President Tinubu Mourns The Passing Of Former Labour Leader / Peter Obi 3 Days In UK Prison / Sowore Pictured With Falana After Release From Prison (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Fiona Onasanya: Disgraced Former Labour MP Speaks After Release From UK Prison by months: 11:37pm On Mar 18, 2019
Fiona Onasanya: Disgraced former Labour MP posts bizarre video proclaiming innocence in front of New York skyline
Lizzy Buchan 8 hrs ago
Beckham drove and used phone
500,000 Walkers packets returned
Watch: Fiona Onasanya pleads her innocence after conviction (PA)
Disgraced MP Fiona Onasanya has vowed to fight on as an independent politician in her first public appeal to constituents since her release from prison.

The Peterborough MP, who was imprisoned for a month for lying over a speeding offence, insisted she was innocent and would "continue to pursue avenues to clear my name" ahead of a recall petition which would allow her constituents to oust her.

a person wearing sunglasses© Provided by Independent Digital News & Media Limited
Ms Onasanya was expelled from Labour following her conviction for perverting the course of justice but she has refused to stand down.

In a bizarre video, apparently set against a New York skyline, Ms Onasanya said: "I am telling you I am innocent, and will continue to pursue avenues to clear my name.

Embedded video

Fiona Onasanya

@FionaOnasanyaMP
What would you do if you knew you were innocent? In every single story, like a coin, there are two sides - now I am not legally restrained - this is mine.

Full video: https://www.facebook.com/FionaOnasanya/videos/266287930928010/

12:01 - 18 Mar 2019
1,351 people are talking about this
Twitter Ads information and privacy
"If you wish for me to continue as your independent MP, I am willing and able to do so, but the choice is now in your hands."

Related: MP released just four weeks into her sentence

The 35-year-old solicitor won the Cambridgeshire seat from Brexiteer Tory Stewart Jackson in 2017 with a majority of 607 votes.

She is now facing a rare recall petition after being convicted by a jury at the Old Bailey and having a Court of Appeal reject a challenge against her conviction.

Related: The greatest insults in political history (Photos)

Full Screen
1/39 SLIDES © Universal History Archive/UIG via Getty Images; AP Photo/Joe Maquette; REX/Design Pics Inc
This compilation of some of the wittiest and most crushing put-downs ever spoken by activists and those in government goes to show that just because a person is involved in politics, doesn't mean they are politically correct. Click through for great political insults.

Under parliamentary rules, Ms Onasanya was not subject to automatic removal as an MP as her prison sentence was less than 12 months long.

Her constituents will now have the chance to decide whether to oust her by supporting the recall petition, which begins at 7am tomorrow. If it is signed by 10 per cent of constituents in six weeks then a by-election will be triggered.

Related: The 20 biggest political scandals (Espresso)

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/uknews/fiona-onasanya-disgraced-former-labour-mp-posts-bizarre-video-proclaiming-innocence-in-front-of-new-york-skyline/ar-BBUUXX7?li=BBoPWjQ&ocid=mailsignout

Re: Fiona Onasanya: Disgraced Former Labour MP Speaks After Release From UK Prison by months: 11:40pm On Mar 18, 2019
This is something Igbo have held for decades.
One of the first Yoruba MP elected just 3 years ago is already jailed for corruption.

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Fiona Onasanya: Disgraced Former Labour MP Speaks After Release From UK Prison by AstralBody: 11:47pm On Mar 18, 2019
Just look at her Amala head grin grin Yorubas self?? O te ge... Ole!

Igbo amaka! grin grin grin

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Fiona Onasanya: Disgraced Former Labour MP Speaks After Release From UK Prison by bluecircle470: 11:58pm On Mar 18, 2019
months:
One of the first Yoruba MP elected just 3 years ago is already jailed for corruption.

You’re actually suffering from dyslexia

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fiona Onasanya: Disgraced Former Labour MP Speaks After Release From UK Prison by months: 12:01am On Mar 19, 2019
bluecircle470:

You’re actually suffering from dyslexia

i dont want to reply u, but i decided to. lol

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Fiona Onasanya: Disgraced Former Labour MP Speaks After Release From UK Prison by Nobody: 4:32am On Mar 19, 2019
Why is she looking so ugly and unkempt.

She's a typical Nigerian anyway. Catch them redhanded they will continue to lie and the worst part is they actually believe their own lies. What a shame.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Fiona Onasanya: Disgraced Former Labour MP Speaks After Release From UK Prison by Daewang: 4:38am On Mar 19, 2019
Afonjas and criminality.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Fiona Onasanya: Disgraced Former Labour MP Speaks After Release From UK Prison by yuanexchanger: 4:43am On Mar 19, 2019
Well she will learn from this.check my sig to pay your chinese suppliers in rmb
Re: Fiona Onasanya: Disgraced Former Labour MP Speaks After Release From UK Prison by Nobody: 5:03am On Mar 19, 2019
Daewang:
Afonjas and criminality.
Okoros never disappoint always with bitterness, acrimony and frustration

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fiona Onasanya: Disgraced Former Labour MP Speaks After Release From UK Prison by Daewang: 5:05am On Mar 19, 2019
profolaolu:
Okoros never disappoint always with bitterness, acrimony and frustration

Alaye go die somewhere.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Fiona Onasanya: Disgraced Former Labour MP Speaks After Release From UK Prison by mushystuff: 5:20am On Mar 19, 2019
Oh Lord! Must the tribe of a person always be subjected to attack on this platform? This is absolutely wrong and disgusting!

1 Like

Re: Fiona Onasanya: Disgraced Former Labour MP Speaks After Release From UK Prison by HopeAtHand: 7:05am On Mar 19, 2019
GidiWoodsMan:
Why is she looking so ugly and unkempt.

She's a typical Nigerian anyway. Catch them redhanded they will continue to lie and the worst part is they actually believe their own lies. What a shame.

Guy, I tire.
Re: Fiona Onasanya: Disgraced Former Labour MP Speaks After Release From UK Prison by tunjiajayi: 7:08am On Mar 19, 2019
months:

Jailed for perjury in a speeding offence.
Kudos to your igbo brothers and sisters in integral offices/posts but don't downplay the other more populous brothers and sisters scheming on crime and wallowing in jails world over s As a matter of fact your people make up 65% of Nigerians incarcerated abroad.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fiona Onasanya: Disgraced Former Labour MP Speaks After Release From UK Prison by Nobody: 9:34am On Mar 19, 2019
Daewang:

Alaye go die somewhere.
Numbers 14:28 Say unto them, As truly as I live, saith the LORD, as ye have spoken in mine ears, so will I do to you
Proverbs 26:27Whoso diggeth a pit shall fall therein: and he that rolleth a stone, it will return upon him.Psalm 7:15
He has dug a pit and hollowed it out, And has fallen into the hole which he made.
Ecclesiastes 10:8
He who digs a pit will fall into it, and a serpent may bite him who breaks through a wall.
Psalm 119:85
The arrogant have dug pits for me, Men who are not in accord with Your law. Verse Concepts
Proverbs 28:10
He who leads the upright astray in an evil way Will himself fall into his own pit, But the blameless will inherit good.
Re: Fiona Onasanya: Disgraced Former Labour MP Speaks After Release From UK Prison by Daewang: 9:53am On Mar 19, 2019
profolaolu:
Numbers 14:28 Say unto them, As truly as I live, saith the LORD, as ye have spoken in mine ears, so will I do to you
Proverbs 26:27Whoso diggeth a pit shall fall therein: and he that rolleth a stone, it will return upon him.Psalm 7:15
He has dug a pit and hollowed it out, And has fallen into the hole which he made.
Ecclesiastes 10:8
He who digs a pit will fall into it, and a serpent may bite him who breaks through a wall.
Psalm 119:85
The arrogant have dug pits for me, Men who are not in accord with Your law. Verse Concepts
Proverbs 28:10
He who leads the upright astray in an evil way Will himself fall into his own pit, But the blameless will inherit good.

No wonder afonjas keep falling deeper into the pit.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Fiona Onasanya: Disgraced Former Labour MP Speaks After Release From UK Prison by MyGeneration(m): 10:54am On Mar 19, 2019
tunjiajayi:

Jailed for perjury in a speeding offence.
Kudos to your igbo brothers and sisters in integral offices/posts but don't downplay the other more populous brothers and sisters scheming on crime and wallowing in jails world over s As a matter of fact your people make up 65% of Nigerians incarcerated abroad.

Why u guys make up the remaining 35℅

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Vice President Osinbajo Hugs His Wife, Dolapo Deeply (photos) / If Zainab Aliyu Was A Christian Do You Think Buhari will Assist Her? / Insecurity In Nigeria: US Team Visits Iba Gani Adams, Aare Ona Kankanfo.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.