Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,739 members, 7,817,038 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 12:16 AM

Extending A Handshake To Babs And Belloti - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Extending A Handshake To Babs And Belloti (2791 Views)

Ebola: Catholic And Anglican Church Suspends Handshake During Sign Of Peace / Ebola:handshake Which Signifies `sign Of Peace' No More Allowed In Cath.church / Why Do People Touch Their Chest After Exchanging A Handshake? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Extending A Handshake To Babs And Belloti by Nobody: 8:38pm On Apr 26, 2007
Babs,I know you're hot headed,I've been accused of same and now I want to lead you to a better way. smiley
Babyosisi has decided to heed the advise of sisimose and a few others and is vowing to stop the mudslinging.

I sincerely apologise for hurting your feelings and disrespecting your prophet and your beliefs.
I know that I will never understand why Islam advocates that apostates of Islam and a Christian who touches the Koran  be killed.
Or why a group of people can rise up and slaughter their neighbors who did them no ills all in the name of zeal.
I may never understand why that teacher in Gombe was stripped naked beaten and burnt to death while the people chanted allahu akhbar or why hundreds of churches are burnt down continuosly and the voices of the Muslims are not raised to condemn these acts.

I may never understand why an Imam would incite his listeners to kill and blow themselves up for the sake of  religion or why the rampage that killed my relatives started on a Friday as the worshippers rushed out of a mosque,what was the sermon?
You and others have never been able to tell me why women and non Muslims in Muslim countries are second class citizens in their own land and yet Muslims want equal treatment in the west or why Muslims would complain of injustice from the west and turn a blind eye when a sunni beheads a shitte.

I do not hate Muslims,I hate no one but there are yet very many questions and I am not alone.
If indeed,you preach peace,don't let your voices be drowned by the violent ones.
Put yourself in our shoes and understand why we are not happy with the senseless violence and torture.

Let true peace,democracy and freedom reign,that's what makes us higher than animals.

muki,I hope you are cool with me now smiley smiley

Re: Extending A Handshake To Babs And Belloti by mukina2: 8:41pm On Apr 26, 2007
babyosisi:

we had no war . . grin cheesy

its all good wink
Re: Extending A Handshake To Babs And Belloti by sisimose(f): 8:49pm On Apr 26, 2007
babyosisi

let me just say that brought a tear to my eyes , don't know why maybe its the time of month, But honestly, you are lovely for this.

Well put , i admire your intelligence and maturity here

seun please allow me use this gif because this is a moment that calls for it

baby a hug smiley

Re: Extending A Handshake To Babs And Belloti by Nobody: 9:09pm On Apr 26, 2007
While we are busy extending a handshake, Hamas has revoked its 5 month old truce with Isreal, Iran is busy feeding uranium into its nuclear reactors ostensibly to build a nuclear weapon capable of reaching Jerusalem and supporter of APC fighters are still busy obliteratiing what is left of Darfur.

It takes two to tango. It is impossible to have a handshake with oneself. Pragmatism and not false handshakes is what the world needs now. The US did not win the 2nd world war by having a handshake with Germany.
While we hide under the veil of al-taqqiya and political correctness, the future of our children lies in the hands of those who are sworn to our destruction.

Long may al-taqqiya reign!

1 Like

Re: Extending A Handshake To Babs And Belloti by mrpataki(m): 9:29pm On Apr 26, 2007
I wish this peace offer could actually exist for real. Rather seeing it as a figment of our Imagination undecided
Re: Extending A Handshake To Babs And Belloti by Nobody: 9:38pm On Apr 26, 2007
This false peace is akin to that described in the bible as a sign of the last days.

I see it merely as an opportunity for some to assuage their consciences and for those who require the cover of deciet to carry out their nefarious activities in the name of "god". Jesus did not go around having handshakes with those selling pidgeons in the temple, he flogged them out with canes!
Re: Extending A Handshake To Babs And Belloti by mrpataki(m): 9:48pm On Apr 26, 2007
davidylan:

This false peace is akin to that described in the bible as a sign of the last days.

I see it merely as an opportunity for some to assuage their consciences and for those who require the cover of deciet to carry out their nefarious activities in the name of "god". Jesus did not go around having handshakes with those selling pidgeons in the temple, he flogged them out with canes!
You wan to turn to modern day Sharia Monk now? grin grin grin grin

Carry cane around dey flog blabs for nairaland! grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Extending A Handshake To Babs And Belloti by mukina2: 9:51pm On Apr 26, 2007
arrghhhh must you people tunr every thread into something else? angry
Re: Extending A Handshake To Babs And Belloti by mrpataki(m): 9:54pm On Apr 26, 2007
mukina2:

arrghhhh must you people tunr every thread into something else? angry

Do I care what you feel Muki Muki? Got any ill feelings or whatever spit it off somewhere else. But not on me! angry

Now run along! tongue
Re: Extending A Handshake To Babs And Belloti by mukina2: 10:05pm On Apr 26, 2007
when will you stop tongue

i tire for you embarassed embarassed
Re: Extending A Handshake To Babs And Belloti by sisimose(f): 10:33pm On Apr 26, 2007
davidylan:

While we are busy extending a handshake, Hamas has revoked its 5 month old truce with Isreal, Iran is busy feeding uranium into its nuclear reactors ostensibly to build a nuclear weapon capable of reaching Jerusalem and supporter of APC fighters are still busy obliteratiing what is left of Darfur.

It takes two to tango. It is impossible to have a handshake with oneself. Pragmatism and not false handshakes is what the world needs now. The US did not win the 2nd world war by having a handshake with Germany.
While we hide under the veil of al-taqqiya and political correctness, the future of our children lies in the hands of those who are sworn to our destruction.

Long may al-taqqiya reign!

pls david ALLOW THE THREAD SERVE ITS PURPOSE, WE KNOW ABOUT THE TROUBLES IN THE WORLD, WHY NOT START A THREAD ABOUT HAMMAS? EVEN IF THERE IS WAR OUT THERE, WE HAVE HERE A SISTER WHO WANT SOME MOMENT OF PEACE ON NL , HOW CAN U BEGRUDGE THIS? angry

davidylan:

David after reading this thread, yioou mean you actually still had the heart to type this? why spoil a good thing? keep things in perspective, we not talking the whole world Babyosisi had a reason for this thread let it serve the PURPOSE!
I REALLY AM A SHAMED OF THIS , CONSTANT HATE, FIGHT, SLANDER, NEED TO PROVE YOU ARE BETTER THAN THE VIolent MOSLEMS IS REALLY NOW LOOKING SHODDY. All respect i had is gone.
Hate begets hate, you no better than the one armed imam screaming kill the infidels, only difference is you have a bible ,
the way not all bible toting, verse quoting people are true christians is thesame way not all Koran toting, Allah akbar screaming person is a true moslem

I am so pissed off this thread has been turned into more attacks on other ppl(moslems) . hope you know christians killed christians in many parts of europe, and still do . How will you explain IRA? nuff said i am going. getting sick of this whole thing.

Thread was created to gain common ground for discussions with the person babyosisi mentioned and before the person has even had a chance to contribute the place has been turned to a bull ring.

*CARRYING MYSELF AWAY FROM ALL THESE RELIGIOUS FANATICS*
Re: Extending A Handshake To Babs And Belloti by Nobody: 10:51pm On Apr 26, 2007
sisimose:

David after reading this thread, yioou mean you actually still had the heart to type this? why spoil a good thing? keep things in perspective, we not talking the whole world Babyosisi had a reason for this thread let it serve the PURPOSE!
I REALLY AM A SHAMED OF THIS , CONSTANT HATE, FIGHT, SLANDER, NEED TO PROVE YOU ARE BETTER THAN THE VIolent MOSLEMS IS REALLY NOW LOOKING SHODDY. All respect i had is gone.

Thanks for your "respect", it would be better served on someone else. Here it is not needed.
I do not owe anyone an appology for my views and oppinions, that is why this is a forum! Everyone is ALLOWED the freedom, it is not your place to tell me what and what you do not approve of. If you would rather hide under the banner of political correctness you are free to do so.

If you feel uncomfortable i can assure you there are thousands of threads here where u can express your "love, respect and handshake".
Re: Extending A Handshake To Babs And Belloti by sisimose(f): 11:03pm On Apr 26, 2007
babyosisi:

Babs,I know you're hot headed,I've been accused of same and now I want to lead you to a better way. smiley
Babyosisi has decided to heed the advise of sisimose and a few others and is vowing to stop the mudslinging.

I sincerely apologise for hurting your feelings and disrespecting your prophet and your beliefs.
I know that I will never understand why Islam advocates that apostates of Islam and a Christian who touches the Koran be killed.
Or why a group of people can rise up and slaughter their neighbors who did them no ills all in the name of zeal.
I may never understand why that teacher in Gombe was stripped naked beaten and burnt to death while the people chanted allahu akhbar or why hundreds of churches are burnt down continuosly and the voices of the Muslims are not raised to condemn these acts.

I may never understand why an Imam would incite his listeners to kill and blow themselves up for the sake of religion or why the rampage that killed my relatives started on a Friday as the worshippers rushed out of a mosque,what was the sermon?
You and others have never been able to tell me why women and non Muslims in Muslim countries are second class citizens in their own land and yet Muslims want equal treatment in the west or why Muslims would complain of injustice from the west and turn a blind eye when a sunni beheads a shitte.

I do not hate Muslims,I hate no one but there are yet very many questions and I am not alone.
If indeed,you preach peace,don't let your voices be drowned by the violent ones.
Put yourself in our shoes and understand why we are not happy with the senseless violence and torture.

Let true peace,democracy and freedom reign,that's what makes us higher than animals.

and we hope the spirit of this thread can live now smiley
Re: Extending A Handshake To Babs And Belloti by RedLips3(f): 11:18pm On Apr 26, 2007
davidylan:

I do not owe anyone an appology for my views and oppinions, that is why this is a forum! Everyone is ALLOWED the freedom, it is not your place to tell me what and what you do not approve of. If you would rather hide under the banner of political correctness you are free to do so.

If you feel uncomfortable i can assure you there are thousands of threads here where u can express your "love, respect and handshake".

better watch yourself before she runs and tattles on you like she does everyone else. Apparently some people have a problem with freedom of speech.

anyway to the topic,

babyosisi, I'm actually proud of you.  wink cheesy
Re: Extending A Handshake To Babs And Belloti by sisimose(f): 11:22pm On Apr 26, 2007
Red_Lips:

better watch yourself before she runs and tattles on you like she does everyone else. Apparently some people have a problem with freedom of speech.

anyway to the topic,

babyosisi, I'm actually proud of you. cheesy tongue

aww bless anyway Thiefofhearts Dont worry ur lovely heart, David i think is matured enuff, i got what he said and he got what i said, there is an understanding atleast e wont resort to cursing and swearing at each other kiss

Yes pls lets stay on topic nothing wrong with a handshake now and again.
Re: Extending A Handshake To Babs And Belloti by Nobody: 11:33pm On Apr 26, 2007
davidylan:

David,you know I'm just as passionate as you are for the ills that have been perpetuated on Christians while allahu akhbar is chanted showing the perpetrators had no motive doing this save for Islamic purposes.
But I choose to let my love for individual Moslems surpass my disgust for the teachings they receive about their fellow men.

We serve a God of love,who permits no lies,who asks us to love our enemies and feed them when they are hungry.
The fact that many are turning to Christ in places that looked impossible through visions and witnessing is a testimony of his saving grace.
The fact that hundreds call and write in to TBN and INSP monthly from Iran,Iraq,even Saudi and are led in the sinners prayer is a testament that Christ is coming soon and that this work is his own not mine.
(by the way,I have the news letters to prove it)

I would love that these underground Christians be free to declare their faith without fear of death.
I would like that they be free to worship and celebrate their new found life and lead as many as hears this truth to His saving Grace.

I'll end with the very words of Christ.

Mat 5:11   "Blessed are you when they revile and persecute you, and say all kinds of evil against you falsely for My sake.

Mat 5:12   "Rejoice and be exceedingly glad, for great is your reward in heaven, for so they persecuted the prophets who were before you.

Mat 5:13   "You are the salt of the earth; but if the salt loses its flavor, how shall it be seasoned? It is then good for nothing but to be thrown out and trampled underfoot by men.

Mat 5:44   "But I say to you, love your enemies, bless those who curse you, do good to those who hate you, and pray for those who spitefully use you and persecute you,[fn8]

Mat 5:45   "that you may be sons of your Father in heaven; for He makes His sun rise on the evil and on the good, and sends rain on the just and on the unjust.

Mat 5:46   "For if you love those who love you, what reward have you? Do not even the tax collectors do the same?
Re: Extending A Handshake To Babs And Belloti by Nobody: 11:35pm On Apr 26, 2007
Red_Lips:

anyway to the topic,

babyosisi, I'm actually proud of you. wink cheesy

I thought redlips had died,your mouth don land you in trouble again? grin
Well thanks.
Re: Extending A Handshake To Babs And Belloti by sisimose(f): 11:35pm On Apr 26, 2007
Mat 5:44   "But I say to you, love your enemies, bless those who curse you, do good to those who hate you, and pray for those who spitefully use you and persecute you,[fn8]

amen, Ise'
Re: Extending A Handshake To Babs And Belloti by RedLips3(f): 11:39pm On Apr 26, 2007
can't as long as people will continue to whine about everything, osisi.  grin

But I choose to let my love for individual Moslems surpass my disgust for the teachings they receive about their fellow men.

What took you so long?  tongue
Re: Extending A Handshake To Babs And Belloti by Nobody: 11:43pm On Apr 26, 2007
babyosisi:

David,you know I'm just as passionate as you are for the ills that have been perpetuated on Christians while allahu akhbar is chanted showing the perpetrators had no motive doing this save for Islamic purposes.

We serve a God of love,who permits no lies,who asks us to love our enemies and feed them when they are hungry.
The fact that many are turning to Christ in places that looked impossible through visions and witnessing is a testimony of his saving grace.
The fact that hundreds call and write in to TBN and INSP monthly from Iran,Iraq,even Saudi and are led in the sinners prayer is a testament that Christ is coming soon and that this work is his own not mine.
(by the way,I have the news letters to prove it)

na wa o, see as you just put me to shame.  tongue
Oya, here is my own hand of fellowship to sir Belloti and babs787! Hope you guys will let me live if u see me on the street.  wink
Thanks babyosisi and sisimose, sorry for going on steam earlier on.

It's tough to ignore the fact that a lot of muslims continue to not only take us for granted but actually use our tendency to turn the other cheek to smite us not only on both cheeks but on the head! But at the end of the day, you ladies make me realise that Jesus Christ would merely have prayed for them and loved them and i therefore must go and do likewise.  kiss

*kai, David na u dem deflate today so?*
Re: Extending A Handshake To Babs And Belloti by sisimose(f): 11:46pm On Apr 26, 2007
*kai, David na u them deflate today so?*

*smiles* its allowed now and again
Re: Extending A Handshake To Babs And Belloti by Nobody: 11:46pm On Apr 26, 2007
Red_Lips:

can't as long as people will continue to whine about everything, osisi.  tongue

What took you so long?  tongue

Nothing is ever late.
I pray no one here ever gets a call that a relative in Kano or even Lagos was murdered by a group that came out of a mosque and their mangled bodies returned in a dirty dusty gwongworo.
If you were in my shoes,you'll understand my frustrations,I don't only speak from what I read but from my reality.
Re: Extending A Handshake To Babs And Belloti by RedLips3(f): 11:50pm On Apr 26, 2007
Hm. I now see what you mean. embarassed

I used to think you were secretly a self hating Muslim. cheesy
Re: Extending A Handshake To Babs And Belloti by Nobody: 12:09am On Apr 27, 2007
let me post an excerpt from a Muslim that gladdened my heart,if we had just a few more, bold enough to take this stand,then we have hope.
He was addressing Bin Ladin pre the war on Iraq.

[b]"Before we rush to condemn America we must remember that even today millions of poor and miserable people all across the world are lining up outside US embassies eager to come to America, not just to live here but to become an American. No Muslim country today, can claim that people of other nations and other faiths see it as a promise of hope, equality, dignity and prosperity.

Yes, we American Muslims will continue to challenge the Bush administrations’ proposal to wage war against Iraq. We think a regime change in Washington is as necessary as a regime change in Baghdad, but that is an intramural affair. Once the war is declared, make no mistake Mr. Saddam Hussein and Mr. Bin Laden, We are with America. We will fight with America and we will fight for America. We have a covenant with this nation, we see it as a divine commitment and we will not disobey the Quran (9:4) – we will fulfill our obligations as citizens to the land that opened its doors to us and promised us equality and dignity even though we have a different faith. I am sure Mr. Bin Laden, you can neither understand nor appreciate this willingness to accept and welcome the other.

Sure at this moment out of anger, frustration and fear, some in America have momentarily forgotten their own values. I am confident that, God willing, this moment of shock and insecurity will pass and America will once again become the beacon of freedom, tolerance and acceptance that it was before September 11th.  On that day Mr. Bin Laden, you not only killed 3000 innocent Americans, many of whom were also Muslims, but you signed the death warrants of many innocent people who will die in this war on terror and many more who will live but will suffer the consequences, the pain and the misery of war.  Before September 11th, the US was giving aid to Afghanistan and was content to wait for the Iraqi people to free themselves and the rest of the world from their dictator. On that day you changed the rules of the game and Muslims in many places are suffering as a direct consequence.

I would rather live in America under Ashcroft and Bush at their worst, than in any “Islamic state” established by ignorant, intolerant and murderous punks like you and Mullah Omar at their best."
A thought-provoking, controversial, pre-war article by Muqtedar Khan, Ph.D., February 12, 2003[/b]
Re: Extending A Handshake To Babs And Belloti by Nobody: 12:18am On Apr 27, 2007
babyosisi:

I would rather live in America under Ashcroft and Bush at their worst, than in any “Islamic state” established by ignorant, intolerant and murderous punks like you and Mullah Omar at their best."
A thought-provoking, controversial, pre-war article by Muqtedar Khan, Ph.D., February 12, 2003

Even sir Olabowale of ancient memory agrees with this man! grin
Re: Extending A Handshake To Babs And Belloti by gbadex1(m): 1:47am On Apr 27, 2007
Awwgh, y'all making gbade feel all fuzzy wuzzy.

Ok, it's Happy Hour Time since y'all are making up. David, please grab that VHS copy of Barney the Muh'fuckin' Dinosaur, we need to do some singing. cheesy
Re: Extending A Handshake To Babs And Belloti by hannydarl(f): 2:23am On Apr 27, 2007
Please when eating with the devil use a long spoon and babyosisi do be careful that the hand shake dosent go beyound the elbow you know what our elders say.
I believe that handshakes wont stop moslem fanatics from killing you and your relatives in the north when the imam blows the wistle lets stop decieving ourselves.I respect moslems as individuals and i will never hurt one no matter what because i know not all of them are core terrorists but i wonder why if you look closely youll find that all terrorists are moslems.
Re: Extending A Handshake To Babs And Belloti by RedLips3(f): 2:26am On Apr 27, 2007
I suggest you brush up on your history of terrorist/terrorism.
Re: Extending A Handshake To Babs And Belloti by Nobody: 2:28am On Apr 27, 2007
hannydarl:

Please when eating with the devil use a long spoon and babyosisi do be careful that the hand shake dosent go beyound the elbow you know what our elders say.
I believe that handshakes wont stop moslem fanatics from killing you and your relatives in the north when the imam blows the wistle lets stop decieving ourselves.I respect moslems as individuals and i will never hurt one no matter what because i know not all of them are core terrorists but i wonder why if you look closely youll find that all terrorists are moslems.

The bottomline, i respect moslems as individuals but islam as a doctrine will remain the world's greatest albatross no matter how many handshakes we have.
While we love our muslem neighbors we are cognisant of the fact that their doctrine supercedes any loyalty they may have to us. When allah demands blood, your handshakes would not be able to save you.

allahu akbar!
Re: Extending A Handshake To Babs And Belloti by Nobody: 2:32am On Apr 27, 2007
Red_Lips:

I suggest you brush up on your history of terrorist/terrorism.

The protagonists of political correctness are quick to accuse others of profiling when the overwhelming influence of islam on world terrorism is pointed out.

Hopefully no one would remind us of the IRA and the crusades.
Re: Extending A Handshake To Babs And Belloti by RedLips3(f): 2:52am On Apr 27, 2007
David, dont even TRY to give me your condecending attitude cos you know very well that I'll give you worse. That is all I have to say about that.

My problem was with her statement of "ALL Moslems seem to be terrorist"

I guess Nowadays they seem to be the "popular" ones but the Israelis arent that far behind and last i checked other terrorist like Timothy MacVeigh and Terry Nichols werent Muslims.
Re: Extending A Handshake To Babs And Belloti by Nobody: 3:18am On Apr 27, 2007
Red_Lips:

David, don't even TRY to give me your condecending attitude because you know very well that I'll give you worse. That is all I have to say about that.

na wa o.  shocked If that sounded condescending it was not intended. appologies. Red lips koo TOH nii, ashiri e tii tu o! stop being a cantakerous little brat, you know that was not how i meant to come across! grin kai women na wa!

Red_Lips:

My problem was with her statement of "ALL Moslems seem to be terrorist"

Maybe a little exageration but not completely far off the mark.

Red_Lips:

I guess Nowadays they seem to be the "popular" ones but the Israelis arent that far behind and last i checked other terrorist like Timothy MacVeigh and Terry Nichols werent Muslims.

There is a huge difference between the 2. Terrorism not only involves an act of violence, the ideology that fuels such violence is an important component. Do Isrealis bomb palestinians because Yahweh commands so?
If you were an Isreali what would u do if all the nations surrounding you are sworn to your destruction and think nothing of sending suicide bombers into your major cities and targeting your kindergarten schools with ball bearing bombs and grenades?

Tim Mcveigh and Terry Nichols were not muslims agreed. Do we call armed robbers terrorists simply because they also kill people too? Mcveigh and Nichols are products of our imperfect society, they did not carry out their bombing campaigns in the name of Jesus. This is clearly at variance with those who INDOCTRINATE their children as early as 5 years old to identify the USA as the great satan and Jews as apes and pigs!

You have only mentioned 2 non-muslim "terrorists", you inadvertently buttress the fact that the vast majority of terrorists are muslims.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

HICC Challenges Nigerian Christian Men In 5ms / Salvation Ministries PH, 5 Nights Of Glory 2015 Is On Now / Where Most Christians Get It All Wrong

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 92
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.