Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,170 members, 7,815,092 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 07:08 AM

Obj Nominates 9 Ministers And Chief Of Staff For Yar'adua's Cabinet - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Obj Nominates 9 Ministers And Chief Of Staff For Yar'adua's Cabinet (2253 Views)

List Of Buhari's 36 Ministers And Their Portfolios / Jonathan Nominates Obanikoro, Six Others As Ministers / El-rufai - My Support For Yar'adua A Mistake (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Obj Nominates 9 Ministers And Chief Of Staff For Yar'adua's Cabinet by BigB11(m): 9:02pm On Apr 26, 2007
OBJ Nominates 9 ministers and chief of staff for Yar'Adua's cabinet
Thursday, April 26, 2007

President-elect, and Katsina State governor, Alhaji Umaru Musa Yar’Adua, appears to be receiving his baptism of fire already, as pressure is mounting on him concerning those who should be in his first cabinet.

Daily Sun gathered that the biggest pressure Yar’Adua is getting is coming from none other than his godfather, President Olusegun Obasanjo.

Despite widespread local and international condemnation of last week’s flawed presidential election as well as the efforts by key Presidency functionaries to win some credibility for both the controversial poll and the People’s Democratic Party (PDP) president-elect, it was gathered that serious tussle for federal appointments have already begun, with Obasanjo in the vanguard.

Information available to us indicates that President Obasanjo is currently helping to constitute the cabinet of the incoming government and has already nominated nine persons of his own for appointment as ministers by the Yar’Adua government.

Apart from the ministerial nominees, Obasanjo is said to have also taken up the responsibility of appointing a ‘suitable’ Chief of Staff for the new president. He is said to have verbally shortlisted three candidates, among whom he intends to pick from. Top on the list is Governor Adamu Mu’azu, the outgoing governor of Bauchi State, who not only lost in his bid to install his Secretary to the State Government as his successor, but also failed to clinch a senatorial seat in last weekend’s National Assembly elections.

The appointment would be seen as an apt compensation for Mu’azu, who is believed to have done well in Bauchi but was so busy campaigning and touring the country to deliver the Yar’Adua/Jonathan that he had no time to sit down and plant his own man at home in Bauchi.

Also in the race for the post of Chief of Staff are Governors Ahmed Makarfi of Kaduna and Adamu Abdullahi of Nasarawa State. Both are believed to be die-hard Obasanjo loyalists who allegedly dropped their respective presidential ambition as soon as the president asked them to do so. In the build up to the failed bid to kick Vice President Atiku Abubakar out, both governors were reportedly promised the VP slot.
However, the president-elect is believed to have also put in a word for his own present chief of staff in Katsina State.

A highly reliable Presidency source however, told Daily Sun that whoever is appointed Yar’Adua’s Chief of Staff may still have to work in the shadow of Gen. Abdullahi Mohammed, the current Chief of Staff to President Obasanjo. Obasanjo is said to have directed that Abdullahi works with the new president and his team for the next two years, to help groom the new chief of staff.

Asked to explain what this "grooming" entails or whether it has always been the practice in the Presidency, the source said he was "not aware if anybody groomed the current chief of staff" and had yet to hear of chief of staff being groomed by anybody. "But that is what Baba wants as another way of ensuring continuity," the source said.
He denied that it was any attempt on the part of Obasanjo to perpetuate himself and his influence in Aso Rock.

Meanwhile, Obasanjo is also said to have impressed it on Yar’Adua to do everything possible to ensure that his daughter, Iyabo, emerges as the next Senate President. However, the president-elect is said to have told him that whoever would emerge to lead the Senate would have to be decided in the Senate by the senators themselves.

Meanwhile, as Obasanjo busies himself with the self-imposed task of constituting a cabinet for Yar’Adua, his government continues to battle with the issue of credibility raised by the widely acclaimed monumental fraud that characterized both the April 14 and April 21 elections, even as several opposition figures head for the courts and tribunals to seek to void the results of the polls that produced Yar’Adua, among others.

http://odili.net/news/source/2007/apr/26/806.html
Re: Obj Nominates 9 Ministers And Chief Of Staff For Yar'adua's Cabinet by segoye2(m): 4:22pm On Apr 27, 2007
Brother Big B1,

Is pretty long I heard from you. How are you doing today? I know you are really doing cool.

@ Thread,

Well, I think is cool to have a third term in disguise. But the most annoying part of it all is Yar'Adua still allowed himself to be played into this whole mess,  He used to have a clean and cool record, but now, His Credible way of winning this whole election has shown to all that, He fought with them, stood for them, and at last joined them in this whole scheme,

Anyway,  OBJ still on the track cover project known as "Operation No Trace"

IBB, has said it all, they are all confused fellas, they all need prayers to get out of this mess, and to Yar'Adua, I pray that the present pressure His facing should not in anyway cut short his life as we heard his Kidney's are Gquasmed!

ARISE OH LORD, ALLAH, GOD, JESUS, EDUMARE, OGHENE, CHINEKE, OLORUN, UBANGIJI, ME-SHEITO, YAWEH, JAH, JEHOVAH AND SAVE YOUR LOST SON, NIGERIA.
Re: Obj Nominates 9 Ministers And Chief Of Staff For Yar'adua's Cabinet by ono(m): 5:16pm On Apr 27, 2007
Ha! If this is true, then I pray the good Lord save us from calamity!

Poor Yar'Adua. I hope his kidneys can withstand all the pressures that will come from every angle for the first two years!
Re: Obj Nominates 9 Ministers And Chief Of Staff For Yar'adua's Cabinet by Mamajama(m): 5:37pm On Apr 27, 2007
Useless propaganda by opposition to destabilize the coming administration. This is nothing but a rumor. STOP SPREADING THIS ILLICIT RUMORS please it won't get Nigerians any where. Yar Adua has his own mind and once in office will make his own decisions. he might consult with former presidents and head of states, but the final decision will come from him and remember the national assemble has to approve all his appointments.
Re: Obj Nominates 9 Ministers And Chief Of Staff For Yar'adua's Cabinet by Mamajama(m): 5:39pm On Apr 27, 2007
Thank God BIGB1 IS back, I was worried about you. Someone said you went to KANO to help the extremist. no be me talk am
Re: Obj Nominates 9 Ministers And Chief Of Staff For Yar'adua's Cabinet by Afam(m): 5:54pm On Apr 27, 2007
Since it is coming from the Sun I can go to sleep knowing that it has a slightly better credibility when compared to Saharareporters.com
Re: Obj Nominates 9 Ministers And Chief Of Staff For Yar'adua's Cabinet by BigB11(m): 6:05pm On Apr 27, 2007
First, my man, Segoye2 how you dey?
I hope all is well with you.
I've been very busy, plus this election left me speechless. I feel bad for Nigeria and Nigerians. It is sad and a shame.

All we can do at this point is to hope for the best and continue to pray for the right direction.

It is clear and obvious that none of these leaders cares about our great nation; it is simple, they just don't care.

For many months before the election, I've stated that the only person who can lead this nation toward the right path is the one that has a-lot to lose if things are done incorrectly.
Someone who is under microscope and can not afford to fail. Someone who can stand on his own and lead with new strategy/ bright ideas.
Someone who will not take nonsense from past and present top government officials.

But as usual, the figure heads didn't listen and now we will be singing the same old song for another 4 years; very very sad.
Don't deceive yourself, we are not going anywhere; OBJ has already designed a total failure strategy for us.
Oga Yar'Adua will just be running around like a chicken with no head for the next 4 years with nothing accomplished. (and please do not get me wrong, Yar'Adua is a fine Nigerian and a great man, but the failure has already been designed).

At this moment, the right leader for our nation must have enormous stamina, charisma, strong mentally, must be craving to make things right and must have a lot to lose if he or she fails.

It is sad that we've allowed the opportunity to change things in Nigeria for better and forever to slip away.

We have a very long way to go, my friends.

I wish Yar'Adua well and I hope sooner or later he will get us back on track.
Re: Obj Nominates 9 Ministers And Chief Of Staff For Yar'adua's Cabinet by dejoski: 11:27pm On Apr 27, 2007
OBJ is a real criminal, sorry an holy criminal
Re: Obj Nominates 9 Ministers And Chief Of Staff For Yar'adua's Cabinet by segoye2(m): 11:58pm On Apr 27, 2007
Man Big B1,

Am doing great, is long I heard from you, I was worried but now that you are back, is great to have you back!.

Well, the issue of Yar'Adua emerging the president has been predicted by our brothers on the other side of the sea, and though we would have reverted and make such scheme a failure if only we stood our ground and stand with someone that has been under the international crime watch, someone who has his name to protect and who will not have to start opening new accounts with strange name to loot our national cake(as they put it).

I admit that they (Nigerians) prefer a delegated presidency to that which has to make his decisions without a God father's consent, even that which can not give a fight to corruption as a sign of appreciation to a corrupt process.

Some voted for Atiku, and still heard Atiku's reason for not accepting the INEC result announced because the election was not held in rural areas in Nigeria and where he claimed 80% of Nigerians live in the rural area, even Atiku knew that too, but his lots of years in office has no effect on this same 80%? or the managed solving it from 90% to 80%?

The next thing we will hear is another big appointment for Iyabo OBJ, atleast that would be the last help from a boss Dad!

Fela Anikulapo said it all in his new album titled "Sincere Riggers"

@ Mamajama,

I know we have been havin some few misunderstanding lately, how are you doing? Well, you should know that No National Assemble Kilo de in this country oo, all we have is a group of elected men of Iro.

@ All,

Lets join hands to pray for Yar'Adua for long life, because with whatz on ground, his just like a lamb being led to the slutter. Meanwhile can you refer him to any church for deliverance or healing?,  huummmmmmmm?
Re: Obj Nominates 9 Ministers And Chief Of Staff For Yar'adua's Cabinet by Mamajama(m): 4:20am On Apr 28, 2007
I think Yar ADua will do just fine we should give the man a chance and stop setting the stage for his failure. He is a wonderful man I've meet him and Jonathan, and I told my FRIEND long before now Yar Adua will win the election hands down., BIGB1 I'm glad you are back on the real I was worried about you for a while. cause I know how outspoken you can be.
Re: Obj Nominates 9 Ministers And Chief Of Staff For Yar'adua's Cabinet by awoof(m): 6:12am On Apr 28, 2007
i read that story too. But i iam 75% sure that story is a lie! Nigerian press has started because OBJ refused to play ball wink throughout his 2 terms (and even durin the chase for 3rd term) most Nigerian press never saw anything good in him. and let me tell you if they think they can set Yaradua and OBJ against each other, they better forget that becos they tried it with IBB and OBJ it never worked. these people have come a long way together.
Re: Obj Nominates 9 Ministers And Chief Of Staff For Yar'adua's Cabinet by Nobody: 8:00am On Apr 28, 2007
Nevertheless,

Judging from OBJ's attitudes and modus operandi, the chances are that OBJ will really try to impose his men on the Yaradua's administration (if the administration sees the light of the day: Some of us are still praying and hoping that this rape on our rights in the name of election be cancelled).

Also, the rumour about wanting his daughter on the Seante President's seat did not start today. To some extent, these guys are predictable and there is no smoke without fire (apart from cigar), but this is not cigar.
Re: Obj Nominates 9 Ministers And Chief Of Staff For Yar'adua's Cabinet by awoof(m): 8:41am On Apr 28, 2007
noblezone:

Nevertheless,

Judging from OBJ's attitudes and modus operandi, the chances are that OBJ will really try to impose his men on the Yaradua's administration (if the administration sees the light of the day: Some of us are still praying and hoping that this rape on our rights in the name of election be cancelled).

Also, the rumour about wanting his daughter on the Seante President's seat did not start today. To some extent, these guys are predictable and there is no smoke without fire (apart from cigar), but this is not cigar.

any consideration for the huge funds for another election?
Re: Obj Nominates 9 Ministers And Chief Of Staff For Yar'adua's Cabinet by Nobody: 11:46am On Apr 28, 2007
@awoof

The money that will be spent in another but credible election will be nothing to be comapred to the money these urpers will steal being that they are not answerable to the people. The people did not choose them. Also, every loss we will incure in trying to get right will worth every penny. Some of the ballot papers mearnt for the elections mearnt for Anambra State were found dumped in a bush.

Allowing this fraud to start in its entirety is agreeing to slavery master minded by internal colonial masters as occasion by the fruadulent system of governernance. Even if Yaradua is the most popular and would had won, at least they should allow us to prove them right by allowing us to vote.
Re: Obj Nominates 9 Ministers And Chief Of Staff For Yar'adua's Cabinet by olutomiwa(m): 7:05pm On Apr 28, 2007
that can't be true,look don't believe all you read in some of these newspapers,they are meant to sell their papers,my mind tells me that Yar adua will surprise nigerians including OBJ.
Re: Obj Nominates 9 Ministers And Chief Of Staff For Yar'adua's Cabinet by awoof(m): 6:18am On Apr 29, 2007
noblezone:

@awoof

The money that will be spent in another but credible election will be nothing to be comapred to the money these urpers will steal being that they are not answerable to the people. The people did not choose them. Also, every loss we will incure in trying to get right will worth every penny. Some of the ballot papers mearnt for the elections mearnt for Anambra State were found dumped in a bush.

Allowing this fraud to start in its entirety is agreeing to slavery master minded by internal colonial masters as occasion by the fruadulent system of governernance. Even if Yaradua is the most popular and would had won, at least they should allow us to prove them right by allowing us to vote.

You are damn right but my fear is still about the cost. Think about N15 bilion for printing 60milion balot papers alone, think about paying all electoral officers and all that. I think forming a broad based national government may calm battered nerves.

(1) (Reply)

The Loot Starring Chief James Ibori And Co. / Gov. Aliyu’s Dance Of Shame: His Dirty Deal With Zenith Bank Exposed / Why Do You Support The PDP

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.