Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,718 members, 7,809,726 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 01:59 PM

Are People Predestined To Heaven /hell? - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Are People Predestined To Heaven /hell? (4225 Views)

There Is No Heaven & Hell - Pastor Abosom As He Abandons His Christian Faith / I Did Not Die, I Did Not Go To Heaven, Hell- Margaret Amure / TITHING Shown In 8 HEAVEN & HELL Testimonies (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Are People Predestined To Heaven /hell? by Nobody: 6:53pm On Mar 30, 2019
budaatum:

Or a fourth, LoJ. One can request the assistance of the Holy Ghost, whom the Father sent in Christ's name to teach all things and bring all things to one's understanding.
I have always been afraid of ghosts. Why should I trust this one?
Re: Are People Predestined To Heaven /hell? by Tfbaby(m): 7:02pm On Mar 30, 2019
budaatum:

Indeed. Yet some men choose to not be saved by their own freewill.

So them not getting saved is simply their decision not predestination
Re: Are People Predestined To Heaven /hell? by budaatum: 8:33pm On Mar 30, 2019
Tfbaby:

So them not getting saved is simply their decision not predestination
That is my opinion.

1 Like

Re: Are People Predestined To Heaven /hell? by budaatum: 8:35pm On Mar 30, 2019
LoJ:

I have always been afraid of ghosts. Why should I trust this one?
I don't suppose it would help if I changed it to Holy Spirit?

Perhaps give me a non-theistical name for it please. There must be one.

1 Like

Re: Are People Predestined To Heaven /hell? by Nobody: 8:43pm On Mar 30, 2019
budaatum:

I don't suppose it would help if I changed it to Holy Spirit?

Perhaps give me a non-theistical name for it please. There must be one.
Paracletos.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Are People Predestined To Heaven /hell? by Dtruthspeaker: 8:50pm On Mar 30, 2019
Ihedinobi3:

I'm afraid I don't see how I can see something that you apparently saw exclusively. I have been reading the Bible a long time, and I have learned from a gifted and prepared teacher - and still do, in fact. It is what I have learned that I have shared. If it is not the same as what you see in the Bible, then it is unlikely that I will ever see what you see without your stating what it is.

It is my impression that you may be looking to show off something about your own spiritual status, and that you have a pet doctrine that you also wish to show off. If this is correct, I must confess my lack of interest. It is enough for me to discuss the Bible rather than people's perceptions of themselves or of other people.

I understand your problem and I do not wish to bother you anymore. I am not a show off but I believe I am duty bound to share knowledge gained. As I was given, so I give.

I already disclosed that Rev1:10 answered it all.

Your Rev 4 starts from Rev 1 and Up till Rev 22, John Never left the Spirit.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Are People Predestined To Heaven /hell? by budaatum: 8:55pm On Mar 30, 2019
LoJ:

Paracletos.
Na. That's just another theistic way of saying holy spirit!

We going to have to work on this it seems.

2 Likes

Re: Are People Predestined To Heaven /hell? by Nobody: 9:05pm On Mar 30, 2019
budaatum:

Primordial spark ?
Unfathomable light? cheesy

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Are People Predestined To Heaven /hell? by budaatum: 9:07pm On Mar 30, 2019
LoJ:

Primordial spark ?
Unfathomable light? cheesy
Lol!

1 Like

Re: Are People Predestined To Heaven /hell? by ThothHermes: 9:11pm On Mar 30, 2019
budaatum:
Prana
Chi
Vital Force
Universal Life Energy/ Life Energy

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Are People Predestined To Heaven /hell? by budaatum: 9:27pm On Mar 30, 2019
ThothHermes:
Prana

Chi

Vital Force

Universal Life Energy/ Life Energy
Nice one. Your's and LoJ's sounds like the [url=https://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Genesis+2%3A7&version=KJV]breath of life[/url] that God breathed into the dust of the ground that made humans become a living soul.

Note how God formed man of dust first before breathing life into it. And this was after the initial creation of humans in God's own [url=https://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Genesis+1%3A26-27&version=KJV]image[/url].

Might it be consciousness, or awareness, I wonder?

1 Like

Re: Are People Predestined To Heaven /hell? by ThothHermes: 10:21pm On Mar 30, 2019
budaatum:

Nice one. Your's and LoJ's sounds like the [url=https://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Genesis+2%3A7&version=KJV]breath of life[/url] that God breathed into the dust of the ground that made humans become a living soul.

Note how God formed man of dust first before breathing life into it. And this was after the initial creation of humans in God's own [url=https://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Genesis+1%3A26-27&version=KJV]image[/url].

It is my view that there is but one animating force in the universe. This power is known by different names across different civilizations/cultures.

It is the same power which the sorcerer draws upon for his conjurations. The faith healer gives health to infirm bodies using this same power.

I think the earth is held firmly in its position by it and nothing will be possible without this power.

It is life and life is it.

It is the ALL, The First Cause; God!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Are People Predestined To Heaven /hell? by kkins25(m): 11:58pm On Mar 30, 2019
budaatum:

Whales, elephants have awareness, are they also in God's image?
Re: Are People Predestined To Heaven /hell? by budaatum: 12:05am On Mar 31, 2019
kkins25:

Whales, elephants have awareness, are they also in God's image?
I don't quite have God's image to compare with, sorry.

1 Like

Re: Are People Predestined To Heaven /hell? by kkins25(m): 1:07am On Mar 31, 2019
budaatum:

I don't quite have God's image to compare with, sorry.
Hahahaha... Allah, you ba.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Are People Predestined To Heaven /hell? by Nobody: 3:39am On Mar 31, 2019
ThothHermes:
It is my view that there is but one animating force in the universe. This power is known by different names across different civilizations/cultures.

It is the same power which the sorcerer draws upon for his conjurations. The faith healer gives health to infirm bodies using this same power.

I think the earth is held firmly in its position by it and nothing will be possible without this power.

I see where you are coming from, but I do not share this view.
Power is not necessarily a result of chi, and chi is not the only source of power there is. Chi is more a source of internal power, but there are other sources.

And Yes the Holy Spirit is sometimes equated to prana by new age theorizers but it is wrong in my opinion. I rather believe the holy spirit is "the mother" the feminine aspect of the divine, which has been suppressed by Christian authorities.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Are People Predestined To Heaven /hell? by orisa37: 3:55am On Mar 31, 2019
Yes. Jesus Christ and Judas Iscariot.
Re: Are People Predestined To Heaven /hell? by malvisguy212: 6:57am On Mar 31, 2019
damocool:
bless you bro.
thank you . stay bless.
Re: Are People Predestined To Heaven /hell? by Ihedinobi3: 7:29am On Mar 31, 2019
Dtruthspeaker:

I understand your problem and I do not wish to bother you anymore. I am not a show off but I believe I am duty bound to share knowledge gained. As I was given, so I give.

I already disclosed that Rev1:10 answered it all.

Your Rev 4 starts from Rev 1 and Up till Rev 22, John Never left the Spirit.
Considering that John said several times that "immediately [he] was in the Spirit", I don't think I would quite say that he never left the Spirit, but that is neither here nor there. Being in the spirit only enabled him to see the visions of God that were shown to him.

Our physical bodies are not only unable to perceive and interact with spiritual realities, they are also unable to travel out of the earth without help, and they certainly cannot leave this universe. The third Heaven is located outside this universe, so they cannot go there. To see Heaven would therefore take spiritual agency. Both Ezekiel and John experienced this "agency" when the Hand of the Lord came upon them enabling them to perceive and interact to some extent with spiritual realities without the impediment of their bodies. That is what it means to "be in the Spirit". The spirit of the prophet in such visions is enabled to perceive the spiritual realms without his body having to die first.

As I said, none of this really has anything to do with whether we go to Heaven when we die. It may be that you think that Heaven is somehow all around us but kept hidden from us in the spiritual. That would be quite false. But I don't know that that is what exactly what you are saying. It may not be. Still, in case it is, this physical world is part of a far larger and more comprehensive spiritual reality. All around us is the spiritual. The heavens are filled with angels, both elect and rebellious, who are going to and fro in their quest to bring about the Desires of their Masters, whether the Lord for the elect, or Satan for the rebels. But the Third Heaven is outside this creation. It is not part of it and is thus free from its corruption. That is where believers who die today go to rest as they await the Second Advent of our Lord.
Re: Are People Predestined To Heaven /hell? by Nobody: 1:34pm On Mar 31, 2019
ChristisGod:
Is salvation strictly by the election of God or we merit it? Are people condemned to hell from birth?

Let's have you say based on scripture
You should start by defining salvation first, I am not sure what you mean by that.
Re: Are People Predestined To Heaven /hell? by PastorAIO: 6:11pm On Apr 08, 2019
ThothHermes:

You speak of that Stone.

Oyigiyigi, ota inu omi.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Are People Predestined To Heaven /hell? by PastorAIO: 6:13pm On Apr 08, 2019
ThothHermes:

Isaac Newton's translation of the Smaragdina:

This true without lying, certain and most true.
That which is below is like that which is above and that which is above is like that which is below to do the miracles of one only thing
And as all things have been and arose from one by the meditation of one: so all things have their birth from this one thing by adaptation.
The Sun is its father, the moon its mother, the wind hath carried it in its belly, the earth is its nurse.
The father of all perfection in the whole world is here.
Its force or power is entire if it be converted into earth.
Separate thou the earth from the fire, the subtle from the gross sweetly with great industry.
It ascends from the earth to the heaven and again it descends to the earth and receives the force of things superior & inferior.
By this means you shall have the glory of the whole world
and thereby all obscurity shall fly from you.
Its force is above all force. For it vanquishes every subtle thing and penetrates every solid thing.
So was the world created.
From this are and do come admirable adaptations whereof the means (or process) is here in this. Hence I am called Hermes Trismegist, having the three parts of the philosophy of the whole world
That which I have said of the operation of the Sun is accomplished & ended.

3 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Are People Predestined To Heaven /hell? by budaatum: 6:20pm On Apr 08, 2019
PastorAIO:

That which is below is like that which is above and that which is above is like that which is below to do the miracles of one only thing
And as all things have been and arose from one by the meditation of one: so all things have their birth from this one thing by adaptation.
The Sun is its father, the moon its mother, the wind hath carried it in its belly, the earth is its nurse.
Separate thou the earth from the fire, the subtle from the gross sweetly with great industry.
It ascends from the earth to the heaven and again it descends to the earth and receives the force of things superior & inferior.
Its force is above all force. For it vanquishes every subtle thing and penetrates every solid thing.
From this are and do come admirable adaptations whereof the means (or process) is here in this. Hence I am called Hermes Trismegist, having the three parts of the philosophy of the whole world

budaatum:

book on the topic is called Trice Greatest Hermes in three volumes
Re: Are People Predestined To Heaven /hell? by ThothHermes: 6:57pm On Apr 08, 2019
PastorAIO:

You speak of that Stone.
Oyigiyigi, ota inu omi.
What stone do you speak of
Is it another perception of the Great Animating Force?
Re: Are People Predestined To Heaven /hell? by ThothHermes: 6:59pm On Apr 08, 2019
PastorAIO:

The Emerald Tablet of Hermes.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Are People Predestined To Heaven /hell? by titigenius: 8:01pm On Apr 08, 2019
i remember when i first read romans 8 and got to verse 28 through to the last verse, confusion was my name. Here's what i've come to discover. Paul said it is those whom God foreknows(knowing someone before meeting them or in this case before they are born) he has predestined to be changed into the person of Jesus Christ and without a doubt, that spells "being born again" which is key to entering the kingdom of God(heaven). The words of God to jeremiah and the psalmist song of God's knowledge of him in his mother's womb and even having a book containing the list of his parts is clear indicator that God knows all before they are even born. God has destined for all men to make heaven but before this redirection of the road of destiny we must know that from the begining man was destined(God's path) by God to be in fellowship with him but adam chose a different path for himself and thereby setting all his descendants on the same road. sorry i can't write much
Re: Are People Predestined To Heaven /hell? by budaatum: 5:57pm On Jun 01, 2019
titigenius:
i remember when i first read romans 8 and got to verse 28 through to the last verse, confusion was my name. Here's what i've come to discover. Paul said it is those whom God foreknows(knowing someone before meeting them or in this case before they are born) he has predestined to be changed into the person of Jesus Christ and without a doubt, that spells "being born again" which is key to entering the kingdom of God(heaven). The words of God to jeremiah and the psalmist song of God's knowledge of him in his mother's womb and even having a book containing the list of his parts is clear indicator that God knows all before they are even born. God has destined for all men to make heaven but before this redirection of the road of destiny we must know that from the begining man was destined(God's path) by God to be in fellowship with him but adam chose a different path for himself and thereby setting all his descendants on the same road. sorry i can't write much
God blessed you.

Saul, was on the [url=https://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Acts+9%3A3-9&version=KJV]way to Damascus[/url] with the intention of persecuting the people of God, and God just grabbed him against his, Saul's' will and made him Paul. You might therefore see that as far as Paul was concerned, he had no choice in the matter, no freewill so to speak, it appearing as if God had decided what to do with him when he was in the womb despite his disbelief and his freewill.

Imagine now that buda decides, having had the benefit of reading of Saul's experience, freewilly travels to Damascus to persecute the people of God, and it is not yet the time assigned when buda was in the womb for a light from heaven to flash around buda, how many times will buda travel to Damascus before buda decides not to wait for a light to flash from heaven so that buda might see?

I tell you the truth, at least as far as I understand it, the longer buda waits to apply freewill and flash a light from heaven inside buda's own eyes while on the way to Damascus and hear the words "I am Jesus, whom you are persecuting", the longer will buda burn in the most hottest part of hell. Because, nobody will be telling buda to, "Now get up and go into the city, and you will be told what you must do", unless buda, with buda's freewill - and the Grace of God that Jesus Christ died so in his blood is Scripture written to point buda to Saul's experience so buda knows to flash a light with buda's freewill in buda's own stupid head, by buda's self, with the assistance of the Holy Spirit of course, dare I say!

May we not be continously travelling to Damascus waiting for the time assigned when we were in our mother's womb for the light to flash from heaven between our eyes before we decide with our own freewill to flash the light from heaven between our own eyes by ourselves, with the assistance of the Messiah Jesus Christ.

In Jesus name pray I.
Re: Are People Predestined To Heaven /hell? by Kobojunkie: 3:47am On Dec 16, 2023
ChristisGod:
Is salvation strictly by the election of God or we merit it? Are people condemned to hell from birth?
Let's have you say based on scripture
Preelection ideas are rubbish tales made up by your gods of men, all ignorant of the truth of God. undecided

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Let Us Work On A Strategy Fellow Pagans! Let Us Destroy XTIANISM & Save 9JAAAAA / I Love That Man Of Galilee, For He Has Done So Very Much For Me /

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.